Girls' Corner

Peach 00

WHOA!This turned into the Metal Topic for a bit!Okay. What do girls love? Me is a good answer. No, now is not the time for that. :PBack to the seperation of toys for genders. Where do we continue?EDIT: What WOULD be kind of bad is if the boys and girls in the storyline lived on separate planets.

That's debatable. :P Joking of course, not knowing you too well makes it too soon to judge, lol.Not sure, entirely. We can move onto another topic, you guys can pick, although I'd like to discuss more on BIONICLE elements and the like, specifically having polls about the prefixes for certain elements? Specifically Lightning and Plasma, or something like that.Also, that would be interesting, although not necessarily a good idea. =P

Are we supposed to discuss relationships in this thread? o.O"BZAdvice Column"-Teezy

BIONICLE relationships, maybe, but personal relationships, no. I can see too many intimate details coming into the topic, but maybe I'm overexagerrating. I just don't see it being a popular frame of discussion. =/
That's what I was thinking, I just got nervous when I saw Pantera's post.-Teezy
I make you nervous? Okay...SEXISM! JK! (Here we go, I'm going to make this a Hot Topic AGAIN because of my controversy! I'm AWESOME at causing controversy!):P means that I'm joking, Tyzmanian Devil. :PSee?Once ya get to know me, I think I'm freaking hilarious. If you ever read the Cirque Du Freak series, I tend to act like Vancha March around females. (Cocky, funny, etc.) BUT I'M NO JOCK!Okay, I'm going to pick. I'm shutting down my dirty part of my mind...OH! How 'bout we talk about why Bionicle relationships never REALLY got a boost in the canon storyline?

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

"Dear Abby,I have a friend who I've known for a very long time. He uesd to live in a different town, but he often came to visit, and I got to liking him as more than a friend. Recently, we both moved to the same city, and I was thinking of asking if he wants to be more than just friends. The trouble is, I found out last week that he got struck by lightning and turned into a Toa. Do you think I should go ahead and suggest a relationship, or should I wait until things have calmed down in his life?-Troubled in Ga-Metru"...Something like that?

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

That's kind of funny, "but he got struck by lightning and turned into a Toa". :biggrin:For some reason, GSR, your Avatar makes me think your a journalist. :)Do women like aliens? (The extraterrestrial kind, not border ones!)Do you believe in aliens, or otherworldy life. Not the bacteria found in a different galaxy, I mean a WALKING BEING FROM ANOTHER PLANET!EDIT: Did I just kill this topic? First I made it a Hot Topic, then I KILLED IT! :cry:

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

@GSR: That made me laugh, good job on getting a humorous angle on that topic of discussion. :P Nonetheless, I'd love to just talk about the aspects of romantic BIONICLE relationships, and whether they should have been turned canon. For instance, Macku and Hewkii, or even Jaller and Hahli.@Pantera: Probably no. Guys like some forms of alien women, though, a fact proven by Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens. :PBut yeah, I would have loved to see Macku and Hewkii's relationship expand, or just actually be made canon. Although it seemed like that, I don't remember it being officially confirmed as canon. =/ As well, expansion on Lesovikk's background, specific identification of his teammates, and more detailed description of his island and where he came. If BIONICLE were to come back, I'd love to see his team be made into sets, although I don't see that happening in the near future.Also wanted to mention that I would love some links for stories and art that can be linked in the main post, if anybody has interest in that. Thanks guys for the support that's been put into this topic so far, I appreciate it. If you guys would like it, we could try to get this to be made official, if that's possible. I'd love some support on that idea. Thanks again, everybody! :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Lesovikk is so depressed, you'd think he'd already gone on a killing spree across the Mata Nui Universe Islands!I started to make an Epic before the Great Downtime about Lhikan's team called "The Seven Unknown Toa of the Toa Hangai (or whatever the team was called)" or something like that. The lovely miss Hahli Husky closed it down because I was posting the Bio's first IN THE STORY TOPIC, NOT THE DISCUSSION TOPIC.Oh well. I was going to try and balance two Epics at once. The other one was called "When Worlds Collide", and I plan to continue it soon! Go find it in the Archives, it won't take THAT long, you will be emerged in the story. I kind of promise.I saw Cowboys and Aliens. I don't think he knew she was an alien until the end, or near the end.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yeah, the dude didn't realize that the lady as an alien lady until the whole fire scene.Good to see this topic back, and I have something to report from the last one; my planned story I was talking about back then is still in progress, though it's likely I'm going wipe it and start from scratch, as I'm trying to get the feel of it right, and because this isn't being written on impulse, it's something of a new thing for me. But it still is indeed in the works.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

... Holy cow guys... 47 notification alerts, the majority of which came from following this topic within a day (not even that, within around... four hours? O.o).I've been reading/skimming the conversation thus far, and let me get a brief recap:Monster trucks, transforming Ken and Barbie Dolls, Cyborgs, Heavy Metal, and this is all supposed to be the girl's topic? I love this place already. XDDWell, I'm not going to jump into everything, so I'll just pick up with the Bionicle relationships because those are totally canon. XPI love JallerxHahli and HewkiixMacku. I actually did just do some artwork about the latter (the banner in my sig. XP), and I have tried writing a few stories about them. They're not that great, though, I'm afraid. XP

"Dear Abby,I have a friend who I've known for a very long time. He uesd to live in a different town, but he often came to visit, and I got to liking him as more than a friend. Recently, we both moved to the same city, and I was thinking of asking if he wants to be more than just friends. The trouble is, I found out last week that he got struck by lightning and turned into a Toa. Do you think I should go ahead and suggest a relationship, or should I wait until things have calmed down in his life?-Troubled in Ga-Metru"...Something like that?

... GSR, you win... You just... win... XDD

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

@Tekulo: The notifications are kind of because of me. I caused a bit of controversy (I mentioned abuse) that produced over 30 posts that are and aren't about my comment.Oh, I like TuyetxPower Stone-thing.That's some intimacy right there!

Led Zeppelin?

@Tekulo: The notifications are kind of because of me. I caused a bit of controversy (I mentioned abuse) that produced over 30 posts that are and aren't about my comment.Oh, I like TuyetxPower Stone-thing.That's some intimacy right there!

I took notice of that while I was reading through, no need to explain. ^^Anyway, I have an interest in some girly things. Even before I watched MLP, I was into Princess Tutu (girliest anime I have yet to see... I love it to death, but not because it's girly. I love it because it is epic). You know, my brothers are bronies, and I still can't get them to watch a single episode of Princess Tutu. XDD Gotta love family though. XPI don't enjoy sports, and I kinda hate gender stereotypes on both ends of the spectrum. =/ I could go into a really annoying anecdote about it, but to save you all the trouble; the gist is "don't make stereotypical remarks in the workplace." I had a job where a co-worker made such a remark... It wasn't fun. =/I still say Lariska and Roodaka are awesome characters. Kudos to you guys for bringing them up earlier. XP

Something that may relate to this topic, for the end of the semester paper I'm doing, I'm writing on gender segregation in schools. Not sure how on topic this is, but might I ask people's opinions on it? I've seen similar conversations in previous BZPGC topics, so hopefully so long as we don't rant on it too long it's still rule abiding.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

@Humva: I remember you talking about that, I wish you good luck. And I apologize for never reviewing your stories, I took a hiatus and forgot about it. I haven't been eager to read things lately, I'm terribly sorry for breaking my promise. =(By gender segregation, what do you mean? As in, the seperation of genders in schools (aka one class that can only have girls, another class only guys) and other different places? I'd like it if you would elaborate on it, although I'd consider it on topic. As long as we don't argue about a difference in opinion (if that comes up), then I consider it an okay subject. :)@Tekulo: Whoops. :P It's nice there's a surge of traffic, though, lol. And I laughed out loud at your summing up of what topics have been going through the thread. xP

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Well, my essay is touching on both, so yeah. Basically, when schools decide that boys and girls should be separated, be it in different classrooms or different buildings, for better education. There's tons of studies that go both ways, so at this point it's more of a 'what do you thin' scenario than anything hard and scientific.

voidstars.png

Oh, but being in the classroom as students of the opposite gender promotes good learning ethics!No. No. Nonsense. Being having co-ed classes, only co-ed classes creates more distraction and endorses sleaziness on both male and female behalf.Having said that, I'm weak and would die if all my classmates were guys.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Ahh, I see. So, basically something bordering on the lines of private schools being specifically gender-oriented would be an example, if I'm not mistaken. But my thoughts? I both agree and disagree, which might not exactly be possible, but follow what I'm saying. :P I can see certain advantages and disadvantages in the point of different buildings/classrooms/schools for a certain gender. Depending on how the studies would be taught is one thing that splits it both ways. I can see a sexist attitude entering the picture based on how history and other forms of studies are taught (Specifically history in this scenario), but I suppose it depends. =/I don't see it being a good scenario, though. There is still 'equality' in this case between the two genders, but I just would not see the reason why that form of segregation would be needed in any case. By gender-strict classrooms, it can basically print ideas in people's heads with not exactly positive attitudes towards the opposite sex (not specifically the feminine gender, mind you, but you get the point). It's the same as blacks being seperated from whites in schools, churches, and cafeterias back in the day - it wouldn't get that bad, obviously, but you get the point (I'd prefer it if we didn't go any farther on the subject of racial equality, I'm just using that as an analogy).Perhaps I'm wrong, but I just don't see it as logical in this case.

slipped away...

That's kind of funny, "but he got struck by lightning and turned into a Toa". :biggrin:For some reason, GSR, your Avatar makes me think your a journalist. :)Do women like aliens? (The extraterrestrial kind, not border ones!)Do you believe in aliens, or otherworldy life. Not the bacteria found in a different galaxy, I mean a WALKING BEING FROM ANOTHER PLANET!EDIT: Did I just kill this topic? First I made it a Hot Topic, then I KILLED IT! :cry:

"Do women like aliens?" Can't speak for all of them, but I do. xDand I hope that intelligent life exists on other planets, of course. ^^

... Holy cow guys... 47 notification alerts, the majority of which came from following this topic within a day (not even that, within around... four hours? O.o).I've been reading/skimming the conversation thus far, and let me get a brief recap:Monster trucks, transforming Ken and Barbie Dolls, Cyborgs, Heavy Metal, and this is all supposed to be the girl's topic? I love this place already. XDD

... a part of these were my fault, sorry x3

Well, I'm not going to jump into everything, so I'll just pick up with the Bionicle relationships because those are totally canon. XPI love JallerxHahli and HewkiixMacku. I actually did just do some artwork about the latter (the banner in my sig. XP), and I have tried writing a few stories about them. They're not that great, though, I'm afraid. XP

JallerxHahli is cute :3

Oh, but being in the classroom as students of the opposite gender promotes good learning ethics!No. No. Nonsense. Being having co-ed classes, only co-ed classes creates more distraction and endorses sleaziness on both male and female behalf.Having said that, I'm weak and would die if all my classmates were guys.

I guess it strongly depends on the students whether co-ed classes work or not.But then again, I've never been too much of a team player when it comes to school (I probably would be if I weren't outcast all the time, but ah well xD), and therefore am nowhere as affected by whether everyone's working or not... *shrugs*This year, as a school experiment, we had to chose some type of P.E. class, and for the first time these were co-ed. Although I was sceptical at first, I now think that basically it's not even that bad an idea. I mean yes, the boys are better at it, but girls' classes tend to go slow. People standing around in small groups chatting. This way I can at least truly get into it without receiving comments ("Lol why u taking it so seriously? Oo")...

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I STRONGLY disagree for boy only and girl only schools.When they get out, how will they know how to cooperate with the opposite sex? All they know is their OWN gender's people.

Agreed. But it's not only about cooperation. I fear that one might have an entirely wrong mental image of the opposite sex...

@Taka Nuvia: Good point!Sorry to be off topic, but has anybody here ever had any girl/boyfriends? Just a random thought. I have had...about 7. And look how young I am.DON'T GO INTO DETAIL!EDIT: Oh noes, I killed the topic again. :(

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Another point that my research is constantly digging up is that boy/girl only schools or classes insert a lot of room for sexism. The main arguments for gender segregation is that boys and girls learn differently, therefore, the classes should be structured differently. Honestly it sounds like a load of *omitted* to me, but it's what they say. So this, if they cared anything at all about their point, would mean that the courses would be different, and so different books and stuff. So this means you could reinforce a lot of bad stereotypes if the guy at the top was corrupt; what if the adviser to it all thinks that the science lessons should use baking examples for the girls and rocket examples for the boys?A bit of an extreme example, but if you just logically follow it you can see where it's going crop up.

voidstars.png

I guess it strongly depends on the students whether co-ed classes work or not.But then again, I've never been too much of a team player when it comes to school (I probably would be if I weren't outcast all the time, but ah well xD), and therefore am nowhere as affected by whether everyone's working or not... *shrugs*This year, as a school experiment, we had to chose some type of P.E. class, and for the first time these were co-ed. Although I was sceptical at first, I now think that basically it's not even that bad an idea. I mean yes, the boys are better at it, but girls' classes tend to go slow. People standing around in small groups chatting. This way I can at least truly get into it without receiving comments ("Lol why u taking it so seriously? Oo")...
Thing is though is that teenagers are still really impressionable. You're right when you say it depends on the kind of student, but I don't think they/we were born flirty and sleazy. We were just raised in an environment that endorsed those traits.

Ahh, I see. So, basically something bordering on the lines of private schools being specifically gender-oriented would be an example, if I'm not mistaken. But my thoughts? I both agree and disagree, which might not exactly be possible, but follow what I'm saying. :P I can see certain advantages and disadvantages in the point of different buildings/classrooms/schools for a certain gender. Depending on how the studies would be taught is one thing that splits it both ways. I can see a sexist attitude entering the picture based on how history and other forms of studies are taught (Specifically history in this scenario), but I suppose it depends. =/I don't see it being a good scenario, though. There is still 'equality' in this case between the two genders, but I just would not see the reason why that form of segregation would be needed in any case. By gender-strict classrooms, it can basically print ideas in people's heads with not exactly positive attitudes towards the opposite sex (not specifically the feminine gender, mind you, but you get the point). It's the same as blacks being seperated from whites in schools, churches, and cafeterias back in the day - it wouldn't get that bad, obviously, but you get the point (I'd prefer it if we didn't go any farther on the subject of racial equality, I'm just using that as an analogy).Perhaps I'm wrong, but I just don't see it as logical in this case.

Another point that my research is constantly digging up is that boy/girl only schools or classes insert a lot of room for sexism. The main arguments for gender segregation is that boys and girls learn differently, therefore, the classes should be structured differently. Honestly it sounds like a load of *omitted* to me, but it's what they say. So this, if they cared anything at all about their point, would mean that the courses would be different, and so different books and stuff. So this means you could reinforce a lot of bad stereotypes if the guy at the top was corrupt; what if the adviser to it all thinks that the science lessons should use baking examples for the girls and rocket examples for the boys?A bit of an extreme example, but if you just logically follow it you can see where it's going crop up.

See my point above - my thoughts, lol. It really does grow a sexist attitude about the opposite gender, so it is a terrible thing. And usually the sleazy traits are passed down by parents, because parents basically live through their kids with the skulls and tattoos, earrings - it's something that's common, specifically because the parents nowadays were born in the 60's, which, as well all know, was the era of hippies and peace signs. All of that has been revived, but to an even worse degree, I believe.Off-topic rant aside, I think gender segregation does promote a bias or simply untruthful judgement abbout the opposite sex, because if there are female teachers in all-girl classrooms, chances are guys are going to be depicted as loathsome beasts, which is entirely not the case (in most cases, anyway), while women would be framed as needy and always needing somebody nearby, but we've evolved into indepence, something that would be ignored in all-male classes, I believe.

slipped away...

If I could change the subject, I want to ask you all a question. First let me say hello, second in my time to become a better writer I've come across a problem writing female characters. I have heard some sources say that writing female characters is no different than writing male characters but others say there is difference. I don't know who to believe, so I'm asking any female writers is there a difference between writing female characters and male characters? If yes what makes writing female characters different? I also want to avoid the whole "women are gentler and more level headed than men" stereotype and still make a believable character. I want to hear your thoughts.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

If I could change the subject, I want to ask you all a question. First let me say hello, second in my time to become a better writer I've come across a problem writing female characters. I have heard some sources say that writing female characters is no different than writing male characters but others say there is difference. I don't know who to believe, so I'm asking any female writers is there a difference between writing female characters and male characters? If yes what makes writing female characters different? I also want to avoid the whole "women are gentler and more level headed than men" stereotype and still make a believable character. I want to hear your thoughts.

As a fellow writer myself (well, hobbyist writer who still isn't that great mind you) I find female characters are very easy to write about (In fact, I normally end up having a larger female cast than a male cast in my writing. I don't think it has to do with gender though. Making a male or female character is normally just like any character at the start. Find out their dominant personality, explore them further to find out their motivation for the way they act (and how they would act in certain situations) and then you'll be on your way. Though, it also depends on what type of story you're writing and how personal you want to get with your characters. If there's romance involved, a female and male outlook could easily show differences (and I'm not talking about cliche stuff like girls planning weddings and giggling profusely while the guy just enjoys the bragging rights) in my opinion. So, I think it generally has to do with the character you want to create. Normally the gender is an afterthought for me (Like Tetak and Laza from my epic. I wanted two almost opposite personalities, and yet have the characters actually be very similar. So, I decided to make one a male and the other a female. Tektak, the male, is very soft-spoken, shy and ditzy while Laza, the female, is very hot-headed, passionate and determined. Their genders were probably given to them as they were, not just to avoid cliches, but also because I felt their characters could fit each gender. Also, one is a ko-matoran and the other a lightning matoran, so the elements and color schemes just happened to match up as well (and those genders are set in stone). ^^

Well, not sure how well it'll carry over to your style of writing, but in mine, gender is an after thought, added in as a simple necessity so know which pronoun to use. Never changes character behavior. But I'm also a crazy revolutionary, so that might be too extreme.It really depends on the world, if you want to accurately display differences. Is it modern day? In that case, it's doubtful there'll be many major differences, merely little things that you can pass over. Is it fantasy? In that case, gotta further define the world. Is it Victorian era? In that case, well, things are going be a ****uva lot harder.Really depends on what world and genre you're going for. But honestly I have little experience in that as, like I said before, gender is an after thought in my mind, typically randomly selected by a count to see how many men and women I need to have equal distribution.

voidstars.png

Coming from a female writer, I'd say there is a difference. Usually, it depends on the gender of the writer. If the writer is male, they feel comfortable about writing about their own gender because they can describe what men are like, usually what goes through their minds, and how they'd react to most things. Writing female characters is harder for male authors, but sometimes they're more comfortable writing about feminine characters. But the main thing is, neither gender has a clear view of their opposites, but the result can turn out still believable as long as it's done right.Simply put, there definitely is a difference.

slipped away...

About the female character, make her like Katniss.Or Bella.Make them BORING!!!PEOPLE EAT THAT STUFF UP! (Especially if they're not "professional" critics!)That's all I can think of.Male characters have such free will nowadays (What am I saying? Characters can't decide their life! Ha!), they can be macho, macho, MACHO MAN, RAAAANDY SAVAGE, OOH YEAH! (Sorry! Couldn't resist!) Or they can be total emos or something, because that's acceptable nowadays for "literature".What happened to the days of good, detailed, comprehensible books of and/or from Dr. Seuus?!?

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Characterization is as basic as 'what will she say in this situation, what kind of person would say that, and do i want her to be that kind of person.'Using that gameplan, there isn't much difference, and you can't really go wrong.@above: what kind of mary sue male protagonists you read about... Personally, I think that ridiculously macho characters are a lot more interesting to read than girly 'lol I have four sisters, I think sex is gross! Dancing is a great art form and all women are beautiful!' kind of guys. No guy is like that and if you are, you're weird....no offense

Edited by ~JC~

I'm... not.Good point, though! I didn't read about the macho guys, it used to be a stereotypical thing, before Twilight or whatever.I mean, just look at the Doctor Pepper 10 commercial.I didn't read that.Look at Duke Nukem. (Who DOES anymore?)

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

You're right- it is a stereotype. The problem is is that stereotype influenced a lot of writers to try and convince girls that there are 'ideal' guys out there, and not every guy is macho or has an ego, and that some are really sensitive and true love exists, yada yada yada. Which is all fine and good don't get me wrong, but every writer wants to feature overly feminine guys, which is misrepresentation, and that misrepresentation is very frustrating.

I started to make an Epic before the Great Downtime about Lhikan's team called "The Seven Unknown Toa of the Toa Hangai (or whatever the team was called)" or something like that. The lovely miss Hahli Husky closed it down because I was posting the Bio's first IN THE STORY TOPIC, NOT THE DISCUSSION TOPIC.

Awwww, what a sweet compliment! Thanks for understanding that if we let everyone start topics with just character bios, it would be more of a bios forum, not a story forum. :)

@above: what kind of mary sue male protagonists you read about... Personally, I think that ridiculously macho characters are a lot more interesting to read than girly 'lol I have four sisters, I think sex is gross! Dancing is a great art form and all women are beautiful!' kind of guys. No guy is like that and if you are, you're weird.

............ -sobs in corner for a solid hour-In all seriousness, I think making male characters more diverse isn't a bad thing... But if you're watching sappy movies like The Notebook and Twilight, then why are you watching sappy movies like The Notebook and Twilight?I've always found the macho thing a little too annoying. =/ I dislike sports, I don't like getting mad and being really violent and stuff like that just puts me to sleep... I like being silly, irreverent and creative as opposed to rough, tough and burly. .-.

Cannot take Twilight... ;_; I just dislike that series intensely. More into detail, I just cannot like anything overhyped unless I try it out and actually like it. It's the same case with The Hunger Games. I never heard of it, and because the first book comes out with two other books right behind it, it becomes the center of attention and, again, overhyped, so they have to get a movie right in the public's eyes. It's the same with Harry Potter, although they slightly did that right movie-wise. And I agree with Tekulo, I've never really liked the macho personality. It's such a stereotypical male character, although JC's point of the women stereotype I dislike as well.This is coming from a woman: We're not all like that. Some of you guys know that, some are just too narrow-minded to see that perspective, or, in other words, sexists. We're independent at the very least, not always overly needy, and not always super girly. We don't play with Barbie's Tea-time Playhouse like guys think girls do. And, we don't necessarily talk about the 'ideal guy' all the dang time. We discuss a lot of sophisticated topics besides men.We like men, yes. Some of us believe in 'true love', 'love at first sight', and the fairy tale-like love stories. Sometimes it can happen, sometimes it's a load of...well, you get the point. I particularly don't, but I can see love at first sight as being believable. Not being a stereotypical woman when I say that, but that's the only different 'love' aspects I can see as being believable, although it's a long shot statistic of actually being real.So, guys, I find it wrong discussing the woman stereotype like we're all painting our nails, we're all gossiping nitwits about the guys we're seeing, and that we all believe in the most unbelievable of stories. I myself am being sexist by making the earlier point, but at least I'm actually tell one truthful aspect of the story.Shoot me for getting on everybody's case about this, but I just dislike continuous women stereotypes, especially when it goes post by post. You guys can relate on this page because you know the macho male stereotype, a point proven by Tekulo in the above post. It becomes annoying. Apologies for the rant, but just wanted to give you guys a different side of the story besides the relentless outburst of stereotypes. :)Also, there are some guys like that - those who teach dane-forms themselves. Ever heard of Valery Lantratov? :P That aside, you're saying the overly sensitive guys do not exist, and you find that stereotype frustrating because all of them actually are more like the macho men personality? You're point confuses me.

slipped away...

Characterization is as basic as 'what will she say in this situation, what kind of person would say that, and do i want her to be that kind of person.'Using that gameplan, there isn't much difference, and you can't really go wrong.@above: what kind of mary sue male protagonists you read about... Personally, I think that ridiculously macho characters are a lot more interesting to read than girly 'lol I have four sisters, I think sex is gross! Dancing is a great art form and all women are beautiful!' kind of guys. No guy is like that and if you are, you're weird....no offense

I thought you guys were talking about feminine guys, not me.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Cannot take Twilight... ;_; ´

Twilight? Don't even get me started on that. I mean, the movie was ridiculous. I laughed non-stop. Horrible. And you know aht happened when I tried to read the book? I got until page 11. I think. ><But no offense meant to anyone who actually likes it. A friend of mine does...

This is coming from a woman: We're not all like that. Some of you guys know that, some are just too narrow-minded to see that perspective, or, in other words, sexists. We're independent at the very least, not always overly needy, and not always super girly. We don't play with Barbie's Tea-time Playhouse like guys think girls do. And, we don't necessarily talk about the 'ideal guy' all the dang time. We discuss a lot of sophisticated topics besides men.[...]So, guys, I find it wrong discussing the woman stereotype like we're all painting our nails, we're all gossiping nitwits about the guys we're seeing, and that we all believe in the most unbelievable of stories. I myself am being sexist by making the earlier point, but at least I'm actually tell one truthful aspect of the story.Shoot me for getting on everybody's case about this, but I just dislike continuous women stereotypes, especially when it goes post by post. You guys can relate on this page because you know the macho male stereotype, a point proven by Tekulo in the above post. It becomes annoying. Apologies for the rant, but just wanted to give you guys a different side of the story besides the relentless outburst of stereotypes. :)

Stereotypes are bad, and I hate let's say, strongly dislike them.Edit: Took out a part of the post since it's getting ignored... and I kinda regret posting it ^^ Edited by Taka Nuvia