Nintendo 3Ds

Terminus

What?Also NSMB2 will have DLC. What?Anyways, I'll get the 3DS XL. Hate the scratches from the bottom screen on the current model, but wonder if it'll be CPP compatible... Also wonder how big they'll have to make the pixels...And not including an AC Adapter is the most freaking stupid thing I've heard.

Edited by Terminus

Looks like it'll be called the 3DSXL and retail for $199.99 in America. August 9th launch. Neat.EDIT: Layton 5 this November. Yes please.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

And Fire Emblem in NA in 2013. With DLC.And I'm still going "What the #%^*, Nintendo," over the 3DS XL. It's cool, but it still fails on so many levels (mainly the fact that it'll be lower pixel density and won't have a second circle pad/L2/R2 buttons.)

Edited by Terminus

It still has a larger screen. Which means I want it. It's basically what I was waiting for =P. I don't quite care about the lack of upscaling, or an extra Circle Pad. I do hope they release the CPP for the newer version, however, I think it works nice as a peripheral.And really, I don't see the fuss about complaining about a lack of adapter. They cost what, 10 bucks new, if that? Not a terribly huge deal. Besides, I doubt too many people still haven't made the jump from original DS to DSi or 3DS (which use the same charger) anyway.tl;dr I'm getting a 3DS XL. And KH 3DS CE. Summer, go!

Well, the NA version will include an adapter and a 4GB SD card, so I guess we're more lucky than Japanese or European people.And if anything, I'd actually want them to lower the pixel density (yes, this means I'd want a 3DS lite, with slightly smaller screens) because it makes games look really slick. I love playing DS games on my 3DS at the original resolution, because it looks so nice and crisp, much more so than on the DSi XL.And lack of an XL CPP would be stupid, but the CPP was a Gamestop Exclusive for the week or two it existed, and It'll be a GS exclusive when it returns in July. And if Nintendo makes it a GS exclusive, it probably means they don't give a care about it. I hope the CPP doesn't turn out like the Rumble Pak, supporting only a few games (Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Metroid Prime: Hunters and Pinball, Elite Beat Agents, to name a few) and having the version for the second-gen system never come out of Japan...

Geez; what is this, E3 part two? xDSSB4: YES. I approve; now we just need Tales characters in there.(I'll know my main for SSB4 if they put Luke in the game. =P) But, the problem is, will there be more than one third party character for them, if it's being co-developed by Namco? =/3DS XL: What the, WHAT?! ... Well... It's technically not a revision, just a larger screen... Right? Right? Any pictures? =/NSMB2: DLC? 0_o I'm guessing new levels and such?FE: Well, we technically already knew about the DLC, considering in Japan it's the first game with DLC I believe, or at least, that's what they've been saying. =PI want to see more information about the XL before I make judgements on it; it smells of the DSi/DSiXL situation, where nothing's changed but the screen and size. But... Why didn't they internalize the CPP? 0_o

You wanna see what a 3DS XL looks like?Well BAM! There it is.(Just had to make an E3 reference =P)

During its Nintendo Direct broadcast tonight, Nintendo revealed a new version of the 3DS featuring larger screens.603179485.jpgThe system will be called 3DS XL in the West and will retail for $199.99. It will be released on August 19th in America, the same day as New Super Mario Bros. 2. It's due to hit European shelves slightly earlier on July 28th, the same day as Japan, though a price has yet to be confirmed. It's being reported that Nintendo will allow UK retailers to decide how much to sell it for, much like the company did with the original 3DS.The system's top screen is now 4.88 inches, while the lower screen is now 4.18 inches. Both screens will be 90% larger than on the original 3DS. The actual resolution on the screens is the same as the original 3DS.603181183.jpgThe new 3DS will have longer battery life than the original model of the 3DS. Nintendo notes that 3DS XL will have a battery life between 3.5 and 6.5 hours while playing 3DS games (compared to 3-5 hours for 3DS) and between 6 and 10 hours while playing DS games (compared to 5-8 hours for 3DS). The 3DS XL's battery will take approximately three hours and 30 minutes to charge.While reports earlier tonight indicated that the Japanese and European versions of the system will not include an AC adapter, Nintendo of America has confirmed that the North American version of the 3DS XL will include an AC adapter in the package. A 4GB SD card will also be included with the system.The system will be released in red and blue. Europe will also receive a silver option.

Wow... Uh... It looks... err.... interesting... 0_o Brings up the question of why they didn't use that empty space for the second Circle Pad, though...I'm still skeptical, but... Maybe that's because I already have a 3DS. =P

As long as itA. Fixes the screen Self-Scratching issues, andB. Gets a Circle Pad ProI'm sold.And the larger screen looks like it'll be better for 3D, anyways. And I never use 3D on my current one because of the self-scratching screen (and I believe they said that Scratches and Fingerprints are bad for the 3D screen at an E3, either '10 or '11).

I say that's wrong, the only reason is that it doesn't seem as real; it works fine for me, and my screen continually gets fingerprints and dust on it.Also, the screen scratching problem was already fixed with the newer normal 3DS systems. >_>

Well, I can't say that I'm impressed by the 3DS XL. It doesn't really look quite as nice as the 3DS.Super Smash 4 is always a good thing... hopefully.And on the topic of DLC in a Mario title... that really just seems... I never would have expected that.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Terminus: How is it annoying? They heard of the problem, acknowledged it, and fixed it. Besides, I have the 'problem' too, and I just fixed it by adding new additional bumpers(Really just adhesive 'bumpers', but I don't know where it was obtained); and problem solved. I've noticed the most of the damage is caused by carrying it in your pocket with pockets that can't really fit the 3DS, such as certain jeans.

I have the older model, so my screen will continually get scratched. I'm planning on getting bumpers once I get it fixed (the scratches are really bad on mine), but it's annoying that there's a model that doesn't scratch itself out there...And DLC in a Mario game seems odd, to say the least. It'll be extra levels, but I'm not sure what the reaction will be to those.I usually get DLC involving extra abilities, extra missions, extra characters, and skins, so I might get the NSMB2 DLC if I get NSMB2.

Edited by Terminus

I hope they do. Then I will be very happy. And I'll be able to put off getting a 3DS XL!In other news... KH3D Demo is out! Apparently it was uploaded at a different time than the rest of the update...AND it has 30 uses!

Edited by Terminus

If they don't, just get something and put them on the top 'screen', to each side of the camera, over the start/home/select buttons; it works very well that way. =)And yes, I noticed; it's an awesome game, tried it already. =D I just wish there was more to do in the demo. =/

I like the flow system. Something kinda unique, a good replacement for KH2's skateboards. But those skateboard quests were a ton of fun.Anyways, my friend who's been waiting rather impatiently for the demo will be psyched, as Neku is in it, and he became obsessed with TWEWY since he got it...

Neku was awesome, I must say, and this is coming from someone who hasn't played TWEWY yet. =DThe Flow System was kinda odd to get to work, but the speed boosts were cool. =D Activated the most for me when I jumped and 'dashed' forward in the air with the Flow.

The flow system takes a good bit of figuring out, but I think I've got the hang of it after about half an hour.And I just remembered the Twister Remix. Another TWEWY thing that's Interesting to hear in-game.And I timed myself, managed to beat the demo in 2 minutes 18 seconds.

I think I'll buy a 3DS soon, and I'll have enough money left over for 2 games. I'll definitely save some for KH3D of course. I'm thinking the other game will either be Ocarina of Time 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising. I'm leaning towards Uprising so far, but does anyone have opinions on which is better?

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Can't find any ways to region-unlock a 3DS online, so no, not yet.Really wish it was, I like importing games that have no/very low chance of coming over (main example- Jump Ultimate Stars on DS, plays exactly like Smash Bros, but with Shonen Jump characters. Hundreds of Jump characters. And each one is owned by a different company in America, so there are near-infinite licensing issues.).

i don't like the 3DS. but i'm probably biased because i have no depth perception.for those of you saying "what?" that means 3D doesn't work for me.plus it's not backwards compatable beyond ds games.plus mine works.plus all the games i want are still on the ds.and making it bigger doesn't make it better Nintendo.make it completely backwards compatible and maybe i'll think about it.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I don't know if you know, but they can't exactly make it fully backwards compatible, since they'd have to add in all the technology they removed to make things lighter and to put more things in for better gameplay(Like, you know, the slide pad and, while not for better gameplay, the graphics stuff for better graphics capabilities).The best you'll likely ever get is the eShop's VC, which is already up. Besides; the DSi wasn't backwards compatible at all. The GBA's been dead for a good 6-7 years now. They aren't selling GBA games anymore. Hence why they took out the hardware.As for the depth perception thing, you can turn the 3D off in the system menu, and even if that option wasn't there, the 3D slider's there for a reason, you can turn it off that way too.

yes but its still there. which means, if i buy it, i have to pay for that functionality, even though i cant use it.so i have to pay for games i already have? no thank you.ok the slide pad is nice. the arrow buttons can be a pain sometimes.they already made it bigger why not add that in?

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

That argument never makes sense... You're paying for console-quality games, a circle pad, brand new games, enhanced wi-fi, the ability to actually do stuff aside from having one game card, and more. It has much more than 'just 3D'.Then don't get them? If you already have the games, why not play them on your DS or GBA or so?(Take note, the DS can't play GB/GBC games, yet they didn't add that back in with the DSi; they instead removed the GB line backwards compatibility instead.Slide pad is very nice, I must say; and the D-Pad can be very good at times; but it's a step down from the DS Original's D-Pad, I must admit.This is like the DS lite, or more fittingly, the DSi XL. They still likely don't have much room, either, since that battery much take up a good amount of space. Besides; I'm not quite sure how much thicker it got, which also plays a role... It can be as taller as you'd like it to be, and it won't make a difference. What makes a difference, is the thickness.

having one game card? how do you mean?and i;m thinking about it. have been for awhile. maybe i'll throw around some hints around christmas and see what happens.my ds is a bit worse for wear.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well, backwards compatability for more than one generation isn't something done too often (Unless you're Sony, and PS3s play PS1 but not PS2 games. Which I don't get. At all.). The original DS only was compatible with GBA games, not GB ones (The GBC was basically a glorified GB with a color screen, over half of GBC games were playable on GB, thus I'm counting it as a single gen.).Anyways, the price of the 3DS is the same as the DSi XL before the DS gen price drop, so you're basically paying the same price for better graphics and controls. Anyways, I never use 3D, and I feel my $170 is still well spent.However, the 3DS library is still kinda weak, I own 4 games, Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Basically the first 4 DoA games smashed into one, and it suffers from a horrible frame rate drop in 3D), Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (An enhanced port of the original Devil Survivor released 2009 on DS, it uses 3D for well under 1% of the entire game), Mario Kart 7 (Weaker than MKWii, IMO), and Kid Icarus: Uprising (The best original 3DS game). The DS has a far better library, as most of the good 3DS games are ports or additions to popular series, so there's really no reason to get it now unless there are games you really want, and it seems there aren't really any.

having one game card? how do you mean?and i;m thinking about it. have been for awhile. maybe i'll throw around some hints around christmas and see what happens.my ds is a bit worse for wear.
1. Well, on the DS, you need a Game Card to play games, or a Game Pak. There are no built in games, or downloadable stuff; unless you count Pictochat. Whereas on this, you have your main game card game, and then multiple other games you've downloaded, including other retail games, starting with NSMB2. That's pretty much all I meant there. =)2. Fair enough. *Nods*
Well, backwards compatability for more than one generation isn't something done too often (Unless you're Sony, and PS3s play PS1 but not PS2 games. Which I don't get. At all.). The original DS only was compatible with GBA games, not GB ones (The GBC was basically a glorified GB with a color screen, over half of GBC games were playable on GB, thus I'm counting it as a single gen.).
The GBC was essentially what the DSi was to the DS, if you think about it. Especially when you consider both had a generation of Pokemon on each, that'd otherwise be considered on one console. =P And yeah, the PS3 issue is certainly odd. 0_o Though, even that's not guaranteed, as some don't play non-PS3 non-downloaded games at all...
Anyways, the price of the 3DS is the same as the DSi XL before the DS gen price drop, so you're basically paying the same price for better graphics and controls. Anyways, I never use 3D, and I feel my $170 is still well spent.
I agree; though I got mine before the drop(but got 20 games, and effectively early access to the system, compared to others. =P), but I agree. I don't always use the 3D, and it doesn't always matter, but when I do, if it's a game like KI:U, it is amazing. And then there's Pacman and Galaga Dimensions, which has almost no noticeable 3D effects. =P
However, the 3DS library is still kinda weak, I own 4 games, Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Basically the first 4 DoA games smashed into one, and it suffers from a horrible frame rate drop in 3D), Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (An enhanced port of the original Devil Survivor released 2009 on DS, it uses 3D for well under 1% of the entire game), Mario Kart 7 (Weaker than MKWii, IMO), and Kid Icarus: Uprising (The best original 3DS game). The DS has a far better library, as most of the good 3DS games are ports or additions to popular series, so there's really no reason to get it now unless there are games you really want, and it seems there aren't really any.
Well, technically the DS library wasn't much better, when you consider one of the biggest games for the first year or so was a Mario port. =P
like i said my ds is worse for the wear... what should i look into?and can the joystick thingy work for any game?
I say a 3DS. Did you have a Lite, or a DS?Yes, it can; I can confirm that. Even SM64DS, though you still have to hold Y to run. =P

Yeah, definitely keep the Lite around. And you might have a little trouble getting used to the screen on the 3DS for DS games, but it can be adjusted to. You getting the XL, or plain 3DS, or whichever's easier to get?

Yeah, definitely keep the Lite around. And you might have a little trouble getting used to the screen on the 3DS for DS games, but it can be adjusted to. You getting the XL, or plain 3DS, or whichever's easier to get?
not sure. which one should i go for?

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile