Nintendo 3Ds

Terminus

Well, I got the 3DS sooner than I thought. Just ended up picking one up at the store earlier today along with Kid Icarus Uprising. <_< Right now i'm transferring my stuff over from my DSi, then I'll probably go check out the KH3D demo, then actually play KI:U. I'll let you guys know how it goes. =P

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Don't have one yet, but oh my gosh I'm in love with the purple 3DS. Though I love the teal color of my old DS, I love the purple. Basically all games I want for the system (if I get it) include Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing (so many new things), and maybe Mario Kart. I recall Metal Gear Solid coming out on the system, though maybe I'm wrong. Probably another game I would want to get if I could.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Indeed, a Metal Gear Solid game came out for the 3DS, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater. And I have to say that the game is amazing. I quite liked the story to it, and the 3D actually looked rather nice. Plus there's nothing quite like stabbing a guard with a fork. XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

You can get used to the controls after a while, yes. My hand cramped a bit at first(Simply because of those corners at the bottom of the system. =P), but as time wore on, my hand adjusted, and I can play for a while without being bothered. =) Do you support the right side of the system with your palm?

Yeah, I should be able to get used to it. Having to press the L button to shoot is somewhat annoying but there's really not a better way to have the controls. I'll go back to trying to play it now that I've finished going through half my Nintendo Power magazines to find scannable things for Pokedex 3D.:P

Indeed, a Metal Gear Solid game came out for the 3DS, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater. And I have to say that the game is amazing. I quite liked the story to it, and the 3D actually looked rather nice. Plus there's nothing quite like stabbing a guard with a fork. XD
One of those things in MGS that is truly amazing. xD Wasn't there in another MGS game (could be that one) where you can stick up a guy with a banana? It was something along those lines, if I recall, lol.

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

I think I remember that part, i saw it when I was playing one of the MGS games with my cousin a whole back. Those games have a lot of really funny things to do in them. =PAnd the award for best use of a banana in a video game goes to Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. You can get a massive banana as a weapon, and what's more fun than smashing enemies with a massive banana?

I think I remember that part, i saw it when I was playing one of the MGS games with my cousin a whole back. Those games have a lot of really funny things to do in them. =PAnd the award for best use of a banana in a video game goes to Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. You can get a massive banana as a weapon, and what's more fun than smashing enemies with a massive banana?
smashing bananas with enemies. too far?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Lol, yeah. MGS4 had some interesting things as well, specifically the barrels and crates, but I think those were in all the games to hide in. But I did notice that, should you skip all the gameplay, it's basically just a large movie, considering the cut scenes are about 30 to 40 minutes in length.And whoa, a massive banana to smash people with? xD Wow...I mean, I thought using a banana to stick up people or even a carrot that launched bullets in the Bugs Bunny cartoons was insane, but that's just crazy.

slipped away...

And whoa, a massive banana to smash people with? xD Wow...I mean, I thought using a banana to stick up people or even a carrot that launched bullets in the Bugs Bunny cartoons was insane, but that's just crazy.
You're obviously not familiar with the extreme awesomeness of the Kingdom Hearts series.:PAnyway, I've played through a few more levels of Kid Icarus Uprising, and I'm much more used to the controls now. I still hurts my hand a bit to play for a long time, but the game still seems to be definitely worth my money.

And whoa, a massive banana to smash people with? xD Wow...I mean, I thought using a banana to stick up people or even a carrot that launched bullets in the Bugs Bunny cartoons was insane, but that's just crazy.
You're obviously not familiar with the extreme awesomeness of the Kingdom Hearts series. :PAnyway, I've played through a few more levels of Kid Icarus Uprising, and I'm much more used to the controls now. I still hurts my hand a bit to play for a long time, but the game still seems to be definitely worth my money.
I'm massively enjoying Uprising. The controls really only pose a problem until you can find a comfortable way to hold the system and stick with it. And even though I've beaten every chapter, the sheer quantity of content has been keeping me playing it just as much as before. I love that the "Treasure Hunts" are similar to those in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Kirby Air Ride. And the fact that every weapon has different qualities makes getting repeats just as satisfying as getting all-new weapons or powers. Honestly, my biggest challenge these days is putting Uprising down to finish Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on weekends.I downloaded the Kingdom Hearts demo just for grins. I've read a lot about the Kingdom Hearts series, but I've never played any of the games. I'll see if this new game is up my alley.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm loving Uprising too, now that I've gotten used to the controls I can fully appreciate it's greatness. I'm not done with the main story yet, but I've become addicted to the free for all online battles. I don't usually actually come close to winning though. :PAlso, you've reminded me that I haven't finished Twilight Princess yet either. I'll probably be too distracted by my shiny new 3DS for a while anyway though.

Edited by Senrab

I had no problem with KI: U's controls, but pretty much nobody who's played The World Ends With You has. =PAnyways, KH3D is drastically different from all the other KH games. It looks much better and every other game in the series, and the gameplay is changed drastically from Birth by Sleep, which changed a lot from all the previous KH titles.

Yeah, KH3D looked by far better than Days and Re:coded. I don't know about BBS though, I don't have a PSP so I never had the chance to play it. Still, KH3D. I want to play it NOW. August 31 is so far away.

I've only just started playing BBS, and it is pretty different from the previous games. The core mechanics are the same, but the way you go about customizing your battle preferences make it fun. I've heard great things about KH3D, and I'm definitely gonna nab the collector's edition, and play it on the XL (although maybe I'll wait for that CPPXL).

Well, I just beat the story mode of Kid Icarus: Uprising. It seemed kind of short, but I'll still be finishing the extra achievements and playing online anyway so it's fine. I really enjoyed playing through the story, I thought it was pretty cool that everyone could be waging war against each other and still have funny conversations. At first I thought all the talking would be annoying, but it actually seemed to add more 'life' to the game. Also, the most hilarious thing said by Hades: "Souls are like bacon, they taste good on everything."Best quote ever?:P

Yeah, I'd say Pyrrhon's at the top, along with Hades. Now let me think of another quote...And I'm still super addicted to the Free for All online mode. I prefer it to Light vs. Dark I think. I'm playing it right now actually.:P

FFA in KI:U is my favorite. I also like it much better than free for all.And I've wasted at least an hour on one boss battle in Devil Survivor, because all the enemies basically heal me, and I can't hurt the enemies. So after about half an hour, I gain about five levels, then lose them. And the fact that Belbireth can attack and kill anyone, anywhere in one turn (except for my character), makes it worse. Time for some level grinding...

I'll give my opinion on the last three demos I played.The Amazing Spider-Man, eh... It's a movie-based game, so I wasn't expecting anything great. And it lived up to my expectations. Which weren't very high. Sure, all the moves are super flashy and stuff, but it's repetitive. And climbing on walls disorients me sometimes.Kingdom Hearts 3D was great. I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game before, but I enjoyed the demo. The flowmotion is a bit confusing at first, but it's great. And flying seemed like overkill to me :P. The combat mechanics are also great.Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's treasure was enjoyable. The rhythm games were a bit difficult at first, but i got the hang of them. But I have two comments to say about the game:One, the guards are very incompetent.Two, everyone has the strangest fighting styles I've ever seen in a video game.So there you have it.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I've played the KH3D demo, but none of the others. I've played Kingdom Hearts before, so I knew that demo would be good anyway. :P I might have to go try Rhythm Thief, it sounds interesting.

Edited by Senrab

Well, just tried Rythm Thief, and it was great. I love Rythm Games, I'll be getting Theatrythm Final Fantasy soon, and now I'll definitely be getting Rythm Thief.And I must say, the combat is quite odd... Weakest armored guys ever. And the guards are complete fools. =PAnd I congratulate the Rythm Thief Demo for being the first demo to convince me to buy a game (I'm undecided about MGS, as I might not want to spend an extra $40 for one game I'll get in the MGS HD Bundle, and I'd decided to get Resident Evil before the demo came out). =P

Edited by Terminus

You forgot to include KH3D in your examples. =PI still haven't tried Rhythm Thief; haven't exited out of Pokemon Black long enough to even contemplate that. =P I must congratulate Game Freak on that, actually; they managed to make me go back to a nearly one and a half year old game, because of the soon-to-be-released sequel. =P

I bought a 3DS for KH3D, the same way I got a PS2 for Kingdom Hearts. =PIt was pretty much the one thing I was super excited for in the 2010 E3 software reel, and then Mario Kart and Paper Mario were next on the excitement list. I actually really didn't care about Kid Icarus then at all.And I hope Rythm Thief has multiple difficulties,the demo was much too easy, even without the little icons helping me.

Yeah, KH3D is the main reason I bought a 3DS too. I even have a friend in the same situation. You're definitely not alone there. :P There aren't really any other games I'm super excited about at the moment. The only real reason I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising was because I wasn't in the mood for Mario or Zelda at the time and I wanted something to keep me busy until the release of KH3D. The hamazingness of the game was really unexpected for me.

Edited by Senrab

wel, guess i kinda have to at least attempt to get one now. Inappropriate language removed. -B6

Edited by Black Six

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

^Yeah, that's the reason I got my DSi, my DS Lite's buttons were breaking and the top screen barely worked. My DSi mostly still works but I got a 3DS anyway for the new games.
yeah the l and r buttons on mine suck

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile