Nintendo 3Ds

Terminus

The old one's been dead for a while, and with E3 approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to start another topic.Anyways, I'm pretty excited for what they'll show at E3 this year, and I'm especially hoping for release info for Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2. I'm also wondering if Kingdom Hearts 3D will get any extra content for the NA release, as the games have gotten extra stuff since, well, pretty much always.

Edited by Terminus

Kingdom Age Arts 3D? What's that? =PGood to see the topic back... Maybe the third time's the charm for the topic. xDBeen playing SMT: DSO recently; it's a very good game. Makes me want to buy it, since I'm only borrowing it for the moment. =/ Same with Rumble Blast, but that one depends on if I finish it in time. =PDoes Streetpass Data carry over between different carts? Or does it depend on the cartridge itself?

It's so great to have a 3DS...And not play games that make use of the 3D function. On the plus side, I can say Solatorobo is a game that should have been on the 3DS, but wasn't. Fairly disappointing it wasn't. Ah well.By the way, does anyone have Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D? I've been seeing it for really cheap, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting or not.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

It might be at one of the libraries I go to, but I've heard it wasn't the greatest. But I don't know myself, I might try it eventually, if I can find it(Even if I have to buy it, since if it's cheap enough, I probably wouldn't mind. =P)

Streetpass data is saved on the SD card, so I'd think it carries over between carts. I'll try when I see my friend on Sunday who also has a copy of Kid Icarus.Anyways, Devil Survivor is great, I now want to get the Persona games and DS2. Of course, I'm halfway done with day five and haven't played it for about two months, since my friend got a 3DS and no games, but I'll probably get it back next week.And I've yet to try SC3D, which I want to, since I'm a huge Clancy fan, although I've heard it's a watered-down version of SC: Chaos Theory on the original XBox.

Hmm; if you could, then I might enable Streetpass for Rumble Blast, so that I can get rewards for when I get it myself, if I ever do. =P I'd have two days to try that, if you can find out.Definitely try the Persona games. I've only played a bit of the original PS1 version of Persona 1, but it was pretty good. Very different from Survivor, though, and I'm not sure which is better, so I'd keep that in mind, but it's still good. Not as text based, though, in terms of exploration. =P Gonna try and find DS2 if I complete DSO by Tuesday. =)Is Chaos Theory the first SC game? Because I heard that's what this port was of...

Well, interesting. A 3Ds topic. Cool.

Tom Clancey's Splinter Cell 3D looks interesting, but from what I've heard about it, It doesn't sound all that entertaining. Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars looks rather good though.

Being a huge fan of RPGs, I myself have taken a high interest in Tales of The Abyss, but I have unfortunately been unable to find it on sale anywhere nearby. And driving out of the way just to find a game isn't on my list of options.

And for download games, I've been thinking that Colors!3D looks really interesting... but I'm not certain about getting it. The price seems a little high, but I know I will use it quite a lot due to my love of working on art and drawings.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I'm probably going to crack and buy a 3DS at some point (or maybe request it as a birthday gift, or something). The price reduction last year and a ton of great games and specific applications lends itself to being very interesting at this point. If nothing else, Kingdom Hearts 3D is a must.I'm torn between purple and red, though; I just can't quite tell how I feel about the purple. I'd love to see it in person. Anybody else have the new midnight purple color?

Kingdom Hearts 3D will be amazing, I've already preordered the Mark of Mastery edition.And although it has a good amount of games, there are actually pretty few really good ones, but a lot of them should be coming out in a while. A good bit after E3.

but I have unfortunately been unable to find it on sale anywhere nearby.

Are you talking sale sale, or in stores? Because I honestly doubt it'll ever have a sale, because of it's limited release. =/Also, I'm interested in KH3D, but I'm not sure how well I'll fare, having not played a single of the other games. =P Might be able to get Re:Coded, but, well, it's not exactly the easiest, considering it seems to be out a lot as well. =P

Are you talking sale sale, or in stores? Because I honestly doubt it'll ever have a sale, because of it's limited release. =/

By sale, I meant that I have been unable to find it in any store so far, none of the ones I have been to have any copies of it in their stock. Which is really disappointing when it is a game I'm really waning to find and play.

I myself have never taken much interest in the Kingdom Hearts series of games, though my brother has. But 3D looks rather interesting overall, but I doubt that I shall be getting it. I suspect that my brother will.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

KH3D is definitely a good starting point, as it features recaps of the past 6 games. Although, I would recommend 358/2 Days and Re: Coded, as Days is a good jumping on point (it was designed with those who hadn't played the first 3 KH games in mind), and Coded is basically a twisted recap of the first game, with a nearly completely different, absolutely nonsensical story (even moreso than the other games =P), but Coded has the better gameplay that is in 3D.Of course, there are always online summaries of the other games that go pretty in-depth, and make the story that much less confusing than in the games.And TotA is on my to-get list, although Amazon (where I order nearly all my games now) pretty much doesn't run out of copies of games, even out of print ones, so I won't be getting it for a little while, have a few more JRPGS a bit higher on the list.

Edited by Terminus

Yeah, I've only seen Abyss in a store once, a while ago. And at the time, I hadn't looked up any information on it yet and didn't know it was a game worth getting.I know the story from quite a few of the Kingdom Hearts games, so jumping in wouldn't be much of a problem. My brother is a story encyclopedia when it comes to Videogames, and I've been told the stories of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. My brother is a big fan of the series, as yo can see. XD. I've even played a little of a few of them, just never really got into the game style. But 3D looks like it might actually be rather good.I've still got a list of games I'm still looking to find online/in store from the Ds/Dsi days. XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Meh, I only have a few original DS games left to get, with a couple maybes, nearly most definitely I'll be getting Devil Survivor 2, Atelier Annie: The Alchemist of Sera Island, and 999.And the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts is great, at it's core it's a hack-and-slash action-RPG (honestly feels like nearly every hack-and-slash action game I've played) with a slick command menu for magic/special attacks.

I have a rather strange list from a diversity of genre, mainly RPGs that never realized existed until recently. Nostalgia DS, Luminous Arc 2, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Chrono Trigger, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Radiant Historia, and N+.I myself never really liked the fighting style of Kingdom Hearts, but I usually like hack-and-slash style games. It just seemed strange and unusual. it looks like 3D fights a bit differently, which makes me think it might be more enjoyable overall.I'm rather surprised no one in this topic has mentioned Kid Icarus: Uprising yet. XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

KH3D will play a lot like Birth by Sleep, which was a good bit different from the other games. Unfortunately, I don't think Shotlocks and Reversal Attacks are returning in 3D...And KI was mentioned briefly. Very briefly, about streetpass. Check the fifth post. =P

Well that should be interesting. I've never tried that one due to the fact it was for PSP, which neither I. not my brother, have. Hopefully 3D will be pretty good. (And maybe have multiple save files so I don't have to buy my own copy of the game and just pay for half of a copy to share with my brother.)I had somehow missed that. XDI thought no one was speaking about Mario Kart 7 because there wasn't much to talk about with it... I didn't know it had its own topic. XDIt probably could... those games really add up to a large diversity of discussion.NSMB2 looks pretty interesting, though I've seen that most Mario games are rather short, though some have proven surprising. Hopefully NSMB2 turns out to be on of those with an impressive length.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I'm a little interested in NSMB2...But I absolutely hated NSMBWii...And, would anyone recommend Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D to someone who can just as easily get the PS3 HD collection? I enjoyed the demo, however, I'm pretty sure the MGS HD Collection is a better value as it also has Sons of Liberty and Peace Walker for the same price...

Edited by Terminus

Hmm, I've been thinking about getting the 3DS but I've heard lots of complaints about the battery life, that's really the only thing stopping me from buying it. A friend did tell me it's only really annoying if I play it constantly like he does, though.:P

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Well, I haven't had much of an issue with the battery life, due to not being a very constant game player. So a full charge easily lasts me through the day. But I have seen in stores they sell things you can attach onto the 3DS to double its battery life. Can't tell you if they actually work or not, as I've never tried them.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I haven't gotten it, since it sold out insanely fast and is a GameStop exclusive, plus its been out of print pretty much since it came out, and it's getting rereleased in July...I'd really like it now though, mainly to try out the lefty mode in Kid Icarus...

Well, I just found out that Theatrythm Final Fantasy doesn't show the part of Final Fantasy VII where Aerith gets stabbed and killed by Sephiroth... Of course, the inclusion of the VIII dance scene makes up for it.Anyways, I'll definitely try this one. Seems like a fun music game.