Nintendo 3Ds

Terminus

And I found out about the Japanese NSMB2 Download Cards, and they specify the file size:"The cards also reveal the download sizes for both games. New Super Mario Bros. 2 will take up 2,950 blocks (370 MB). Each card will also have an expiration date of 150 days after the day of purchase."There it is.

I don't know what I'll do about NSMB2. Yes, I'm a Club Nintendo member, and no, I don't have any plans to trade in any old games of mine. But there's something I like about the physicality of having each of my games on a separate card. And since I have to carry around my old DS games anyway, going all-digital isn't really an option.Since I wasn't really planning to buy NSMB2 as soon as it was released anyway, I guess I'll pass on this offer...

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm a proponent of physical media as much as the next guy (I still buy CD's, and the occasional vinyl), but sometimes it's just handy to download a game, or whatever. For this one, they seem to be pushing the downloading shtick, so I'd at least like to support their efforts in transitioning to what really should be standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Just hit 100 hours on a game for the first time in the activity log today!It's on Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, I'm on playthrough number 4 of at least six, although I'll probably do a few more, just so I can grind my demons to high enough levels to fight the near-invincible Lv. 99 superboss (who, on most paths, isn't even at the end of the game), that's gonna be fun...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, considering this is my first post in the topic, but Game Informer's website reports that Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon may have been delayed. Feel free to go read the article for yourself, but I can't link there since the site has forums. On the bright side, Paper Mario comes out November 11th.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, considering this is my first post in the topic, but Game Informer's website reports that Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon may have been delayed. Feel free to go read the article for yourself, but I can't link there since the site has forums. On the bright side, Paper Mario comes out November 11th.
Delayed again? Remember when it was set to be released in Q1 2012?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Remember when everything was set to be released close enough to launch to justify a day-one purchase?Oh, and (maybe I should just stop posting in here) (you can call me the Delay Man) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, a game I wanted, was delayed into 2013.I haven't gotten a new game for my 3DS since OoT3D! The reason I bought it was for games like OoT3D, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, KI: Uprising, Zelda 3DS, and stuff! And Uprising turned out mediocre so I didn't buy it, so OoT and SSF4 3D Edition are the only games I have. I only play Ambassador games, as I've beaten both of those. If they would just release a good game that isn't a Mario game (I'm sick of him being overly-promoted compared to much better games, and the fact that Nintendo cares about him more than their other, better series) (I want Paper Mario though, and Luigi's Mansion doesn't really count) I would buy it. I will be getting either Black 2 or White 2, but those are DS, though 3DS owners get that Augmented Reality thing to help (I don't care about the Pokedex though).

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Remember when everything was set to be released close enough to launch to justify a day-one purchase?Oh, and (maybe I should just stop posting in here) (you can call me the Delay Man) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, a game I wanted, was delayed into 2013.I haven't gotten a new game for my 3DS since OoT3D! The reason I bought it was for games like OoT3D, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, KI: Uprising, Zelda 3DS, and stuff! And Uprising turned out mediocre so I didn't buy it, so OoT and SSF4 3D Edition are the only games I have. I only play Ambassador games, as I've beaten both of those. If they would just release a good game that isn't a Mario game (I'm sick of him being overly-promoted compared to much better games, and the fact that Nintendo cares about him more than their other, better series) (I want Paper Mario though, and Luigi's Mansion doesn't really count) I would buy it. I will be getting either Black 2 or White 2, but those are DS, though 3DS owners get that Augmented Reality thing to help (I don't care about the Pokedex though).
Yeah, as Roxas pointed out, Uprising was pretty much the opposite of mediocre. Besides the issues with discomfort playing the game for extended periods (which can be alleviated by using the included stand or just conditioning yourself to hold the 3DS in a comfortable position), there's not a thing wrong with the game. In fact, of the four games I have (OoT3D. Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Uprising), Uprising is the one I would consider the best.Also, there are a fair number of good downloadable titles for 3DS. I recently got Pushmo, which is a satisfying little puzzle–platformer. But I also love Colors! 3D, which is a great digital painting app.Yeah, I'm disappointed about games being delayed too, especially considering I'll soon be receiving a poster for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as part of my Club Nintendo membership. But there's still a great deal of quality games available for the system, so you needn't worry too much about whether your early purchase was really worthwhile.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Honestly, I never really had any discomforts or trouble. playing Uprising, even though I was a leftie. I did switch to my right, but after a short while, I accustomed to playing with my right hand. I never had any discomforts. And, another thing, UPRISING IS NOT MEDIOCRE!I have the same games as you, Lyichir. :PI think Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon being delayed may have been a good thing. I wasn't exactly impressed, (And I'm normally an easily impressed person..)

You know, with all of the awesome things on the way, I'm glad Luigi's Mansion got delayed. To me it seems like a good business move. It would have likely gotten buried by Paper Mario and the Wii U.That being said... Nintendo, where the heck is my Animal Crossing? Also, Animal Crossing is the only retail game I plan to download. This way I will always have it with me.

1. I forgot about KH3D-played the demo and it seems pretty good. Not top of my list though, for 3DS or overall.2. I'm a Nintendo fan, but forgive me if I go on a little rant here: There are NOT a large amount of good games. You just said you have four games. That's a very small portion of the system's library. Uprising IS mediocre. I honestly think you guys don't want to notice the problems. And as for the discomfort, yeah you can find ways around it, but you shouldn't HAVE to because there should BE no discomfort. But ignoring that, Uprising has nothing spectacular going for it. It's an overrated game, because 3DS owners need something to play, and don't want to admit that one of the most promoted games was mediocre (not bad, mediocre). Even Nintendo Power (R.I.P. you will be missed) gave Nintendo-made games too high of a rating. 8.5 for Other M? I am a Nintendo fan who has opened his eyes and realizes that the 3DS does not have many good games. I think it's going to in 2013 and beyond, but for now, there aren't that many good games (and give me a fricking break from Mario, I'm so sick of Nintendo lifting him above their other, better series).3. Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten it this fall, with Borderlands 2, AC3, Dishonored, Pokemon B/W2, RE6, that stuff. 4. Also, TWEWY sequel? I might check out the original, if it doesn't have too many Japanese cliches. (I don't hate JRPGs, but I'm a bit sick of the ones after the 16-bit era)

The only reason I don't have more games, is because of money reasons. That is the only reason; that and the 3DS' download system, I have like 10 downloaded games on there that aren't free, spanning the VC, DSiware, and the actual 3DSware.Kid Icarus' draw is it's multiplayer. And the fact that it have 99 levels of difficulty effectively. Sure, some of the difficulty levels aren't too much higher than the rest, but you'd be hard pressed to find any game that has it. It is the Smash Bros of the system; more specifically: The Brawl of this system. Some people will love it; others hate it. But you can't say it's mediocre with an almost infinite number of unique weapons(Combinations used for this formula, not weapon types, like the Tiger Claws and such. It's still more than, say, oh, CoD or the like.), three sets of achievements, a story that is rather good for a revival of a series that was dead for about 20 years, a very adjustable difficulty system, a soundtrack that is very good, and cheesy but fun dialogue. To address the discomfort; I didn't notice any discomfort when I was playing through it(Before I got distracted by my endless backlog of games ;_; ). In fact, I'm technically noticing more discomfort playing with my keyboard and mouse for the Portal Series and TF2, than for KI:U, which is itself not much...I have to agree about Mario, though. Sure, would I like to play NSMB2 and SM3DL? Yeah, but I don't have the funds. That said, I'd like them to take a break, and add something really new, that makes us go 'wow', like back with the transition from SMB1 to 2, and from 2 to 3. There's more games than you'd think, though. Especially between retail and downloads.

Uprising is one of the best 3DS games- but overall, yeah, it's pretty mediocre, but better than most of the other mediocre/bad 3DS games I've played. Haven't touched it for a month or two, just can't really get into it much anymore, while I'll still put in an hour or two into Mario Kart 7 every week or two since its actually a pretty good game for any system.Anyways, I'll rank my entire 3DS library, which consists of 5 games:5. Kid Icarus: Uprising4: Dead or Alive: Dimensions3: Mario Kart 72: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance1: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor OverclockedAnyways, TWEWY isn't too cliche- you have your sorta-generic spiky-haired emo amnesiac main character, random cute girl who gets into a lot of awkward situations, and a mysterious evil group who seems to just randomly kill people, but otherwise it's rather unique, really shows what the DS can do, with great spritework, music, and controls. Also, if you haven't already, watch a trailer or two, as a huge focus of the game is the artstyle and music, and if you don't like that, then you most likely won't like TWEWY.

Edited by III. Xaldin

1. I forgot about KH3D-played the demo and it seems pretty good. Not top of my list though, for 3DS or overall.2. I'm a Nintendo fan, but forgive me if I go on a little rant here: There are NOT a large amount of good games. You just said you have four games. That's a very small portion of the system's library. Uprising IS mediocre. I honestly think you guys don't want to notice the problems. And as for the discomfort, yeah you can find ways around it, but you shouldn't HAVE to because there should BE no discomfort. But ignoring that, Uprising has nothing spectacular going for it. It's an overrated game, because 3DS owners need something to play, and don't want to admit that one of the most promoted games was mediocre (not bad, mediocre). Even Nintendo Power (R.I.P. you will be missed) gave Nintendo-made games too high of a rating. 8.5 for Other M? I am a Nintendo fan who has opened his eyes and realizes that the 3DS does not have many good games. I think it's going to in 2013 and beyond, but for now, there aren't that many good games (and give me a fricking break from Mario, I'm so sick of Nintendo lifting him above their other, better series).
I just cant ignore this, your matter-of-fact tone just bothers me to no end. YOU may think Uprising is mediocre, but you cant go around saying it like a fact. I do consider Uprising to be a fantastic game, but it's my opinion, I know I cant say it as fact, but I can present it as an opinion. You presented it like a fact.Anyways, I'm looking at NSMB2. It looks like it might be fun for a bit, but I'm not sure how much replay value is in it to warrant me forking over 39.99.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

1. I forgot about KH3D-played the demo and it seems pretty good. Not top of my list though, for 3DS or overall.2. I'm a Nintendo fan, but forgive me if I go on a little rant here: There are NOT a large amount of good games. You just said you have four games. That's a very small portion of the system's library. Uprising IS mediocre. I honestly think you guys don't want to notice the problems. And as for the discomfort, yeah you can find ways around it, but you shouldn't HAVE to because there should BE no discomfort. But ignoring that, Uprising has nothing spectacular going for it. It's an overrated game, because 3DS owners need something to play, and don't want to admit that one of the most promoted games was mediocre (not bad, mediocre). Even Nintendo Power (R.I.P. you will be missed) gave Nintendo-made games too high of a rating. 8.5 for Other M? I am a Nintendo fan who has opened his eyes and realizes that the 3DS does not have many good games. I think it's going to in 2013 and beyond, but for now, there aren't that many good games (and give me a fricking break from Mario, I'm so sick of Nintendo lifting him above their other, better series).
Kingdom Hearts 3D is alright, nothing spectacular. For someone who has only played another side game of the series before, the story was a complete and utter headache. I needed my brother to explain who half of the characters were, often multiple times because a few look similar. And I've never liked the controls of the KH series.When it comes to the 3DS, it does have a rather disappointing lack of any really good games. I too only have four games, three of which I really enjoy. Having played quite a lot of Kid Icarus myself, I have never once noticed any discomfort with playing the game. I had far more discomfort playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. And I'm afraid I can't see the mediocrity either. It's rather hard to notice problems that aren't there, and I've not had the slightest issue with the controls at all. And I can't see anything being overrated, having only seen a single, rather low review of it, which constantly complained about something that has never caused me any issue in the slightest. You can claim as you wish, but having gotten other really enjoyable games, I still find that I like Kid Icarus better than most. Many other hyped games I have found not even worth the money spent on them, but not Kid Icarus. But, Mario... I've never been a Mario fan. I've played my brother's NSMB, and got tired of it after only the first world.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Yeah... They kinda handled the controls for OoT oddly. Don't get me wrong, they're miles above the original, thanks to the gyroscope and extra item slot(Not to mention the boots update)... But couldn't they have put the roll/action button on Y, and switched the item button on Y to A? It would've been a lot better that way, due to the set-up of the controller layout. Because honestly, in a lot of DS games, Y really is A in disguise(Cough Megaman ZX cough), and it works very well, because you aren't twisting your thumb to hit two buttons soon after the other. =/

Hm, never even heard about OOT having odd controls, I'll see that when I get it, probably for Christmas. I'm in absolutely no rush to get the 3D version, as I'm still on the Sand Temple in the VC version.Anyways, I just thought of a practical use for the CPP: N64 VC Games. And for those who don't have the CPP, buttons could be mapped to X/Y and the touch screen.

^ They mapped the sword to B, and Roll to A. Maybe I'm just used to the Megaman DS games too much(And, consequently, MK7. =P), but that set-up felt odd at first. I adapted, but it would've felt more right if A and Y had been flipped in-game. =PThat might work. Supposing that Nintendo actually utilizes it for more than KI:U. =/

I'm fine with that as long as the sword is mapped to B. I've gotten used to that button being the primary attack button.The CPP is completely useless for anything other than Resident Evil and Metal Gear, although it might be pretty useful for Monster Hunter, although that's not coming out of Japan anytime soon. I only see myself getting RE in the near future (I'd rather get the MGS Collection with 3 games for less then MGS3D on PS3), and I don't want a $20 peripheral that I'll only use for one game. And since the CPP basically sacrifices touchscreen usage to become a console controller (one of the reasons I didn't like using it with KH3D, besides the fact that it worked just plain horribly), it would make sense to bring console games to the 3DS, and VC ports would seem easy enough. Now, I'd just wonder about the resolution, and of it would have to be adjusted at all...

It'd definitely have to be slightly adjusted, at least shrunk... Weren't N64 games 480p or so? Or was that Gamecube and onward?And the CPP would be useful for MH3G... If they released the game here. =/

N64 Resolutions: 256 × 224, 320 × 240 and 640 × 480 pixels3DS Resolution: 400 × 240 pixels (2D)So it could display N64 games at the 320 × 240 resolution, which would be perfect. And considering how Nintendo is pushing the digital download thing, I'd think N64 games might be likely, maybe something for E3 next year.

Having some issues getting my 3ds to connect to the internet since we changed routers. The error code is 003-1102. As usual, I did all the steps from Nintendos help site, and as usual, they didn't work.Anyone else encountered this error and could guide me to solving it?

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

So far I have Kid Icarus: Uprising and Kingdom Hearts 3D. They both greatly surpass any regular DS games I have ever owned. I have enough money to buy one more 3DS game. Suggestions?
Either Ocarina of Time or Devil Survivor Overclocked. I'm stuck on overclocked because I made a bad decision and have to fight black frost. NEVER GET DREAM TRIGGER 3D. EVER.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Hello guys. I recently downloaded the "Petit Computer" app on my 3DS yesterday and fiddled around with it. Does anyone else here have this?The fruits of my goofing off resulted in making two version's of Saria's song. For some reason, I was only able to upload the QR code for the faster-paced song. (It's here by the way if anyone wants to check it out. Note: it only works if you scan it while in Petit Computer: link)To alter this to the other version, or just to fiddle in general, go into edit mode and change the first line below "@SONGDATA" to "DATA "0@10T120O4" That changes the tempo and the instrument type.Anyway, I also have played the Kingdom Hearts 3D demo. The gameplay was pretty fun, though I didn't really care for the story snippet they showed. =/

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

• 2 weeks later...

So is it possible to get Ambassador 3DS games to a completely different account, like gifting a game? Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was against their TOC, but I'm having a hard time finding info about it now.Also 3DS XL is an awesome machine.