Nintendo 3Ds

Terminus

Ugh, yeah. My L button seems to always break. I hope the 3DS one stays working, because unlike most games, Kid Icarus: Uprising actually uses it as one of the main buttons. I wouldn't be able to play the game if it broke.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Just saw the new Monster Hunter 4 trailer.And yet another reason to hate region lock. I've already got a few DS import games, it's really annoying that the 3DS doesn't allow me to import 3DS games...

Edited by Terminus

I don't have that problem because I've never imported any games, but it does sound annoying. I don't know why a region lock on the 3DS is really needed.And my KI:U addiction is still going. It hasn't left my 3DS since I bought it. I'm now working on trying to unlock all the weapons and get a decent one for online play. And, since I can't resist putting in a quote from the game whenever I talk about it:"Your math's a little off. Guess you'd better break out the Brain Age, pal.""I have a Brain Age of TWENTY FOUR!"That might just be the best conversation in the game. Also, Viridi and Hades might just be my new favorite Nintendo characters.:P

I've been getting some good use out of Kid Icarus: Uprising. Over the weekend I started playing online more, and I have to say it adds a whole new dimension to the game. As someone else pointed out, though, it can be REALLY hard to win first in Free-for-All.I tried the Kingdom Hearts demo, but it's confusing. ;_; Even with the tutorial, I just can't get the hang of the controls. Maybe that game's just not the game for me.Anyway, I also managed to Streetpass four or five people at the local park's fireworks event yesterday, so I'm pretty pleased about that. It helped me beat Find Mii 2 for the second time, and complete my first panel in Puzzle Swap.In closing, one of my favorite Kid Icarus Uprising quotes (so many to choose from):

• Viridi: Knock that dweeb out of the sky!
  • Pit: Dweeb?
  • Palutena: I'm sorry, but that's one point for Viridi.
  • Pit: Yeah, well... every dweeb has his day.
  • Palutena: Make that two points for Viridi.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

KI is quite the funny and quotable game. However, my favorite funny Nintendo series is Mario & Luigi. Especially because of Fawful."Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"Honestly, I doubt Nintendo will ever top Fawful in the humor department.

Fawful is going to be a requirement in the next Smash Bros. He's been in every M&L game so far, and is always ridicously funny. If he isn't, then I HAVE FURY!He's best in Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story, but BIS is really the only M&L game you can find easily at stores, nowadays.And here are two more of my favorite quotes, the beef one is even funnier in the context of the game:You will wander forever in my modified Castle of Peach until you cry from lack of doors!Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless.

Tried out the Heroes of Ruin demo, it's.... Oddly fun. Though the graphics are FAR below what the 3DS is capable of (Kid Icarus Uprising is a good example), and there is a fixed camera, there's something about it which compels me to play it. Great, now how am I going to pick from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Rhythm Thief and the Emperors Treasure, and now this? :PThe Vindicator is awesome. He's just pure, brute strength, though he has no ranged attacks. Then there's the gunslinger. He can perform ranged AND melee attacks, but he's stuck in one spot while shooting, only being able to turn himself to aim, making him a little tricky to get used to at first.Online multiplayer seems cool, and the inclusion of voice chat would help players cooperate together, something that would have been useful in Light vs. Dark in Kid Icarus Uprising @_@.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

KI is quite the funny and quotable game. However, my favorite funny Nintendo series is Mario & Luigi. Especially because of Fawful."Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"Honestly, I doubt Nintendo will ever top Fawful in the humor department.
The Mario & Luigi games and Kid Icarus: Uprising are both examples of localizations done right. However, as funny as the Mario & Luigi games are, I think Uprising gets bonus points for having not only witty, well-translated humor, but also spot-on voice acting. Voice acting this good is a rarity in Nintendo's first-party games, especially ones as dialogue-intensive as Uprising. But as funny as the dialogue in the game is, it's the voice acting that really gives life to the characters.Speaking of the Mario & Luigi games, I dearly hope the fact that Paper Mario is making the jump to handhelds doesn't mean that franchise is over and done with. I once thought Superstar Saga would be a poor-man's Paper Mario, until I played it for myself and realized that the Mario & Luigi games truly are their own creature. If there is to be another Mario & Luigi game, I hope it keeps with the numerical themes of the Japanese game titles by including four playable characters: Mario & Luigi, but also Wario & Waluigi! This series would be a great way to bring Wario back into the Mario family, and meanwhile poor Waluigi hasn't gotten a significant story role in a game since DDR: Mario Mix. The Mario & Luigi games have given new life to obscure Mario characters before (such as Birdo, Kamek, Baby Bowser, and even a cameo by Geno), so it's about time Mario's one-time rival got the same treatment. Bonus points if they can feature Princess Daisy in some capacity as well, since she hasn't had a story role in any game since her debut.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I hope that putting Paper Mario on handhelds doesn't kill Mario & Luigi. I honestly always liked Mario & Luigi better than Paper Mario, and hope it stays around. Plus, the 3DS can handle some really great sprite work, which is something that's really neat about the series.Anyways, anyone else get the Swapnote update? You can now use color!

Edited by Terminus

FINALLY got a Circle Pad Pro. It's nice, quite comfortable, and I was quite surprised at what came in the box: a battery (nothing ever comes with batteries these days) and a Wii Remote Wrist Strap.img3354.jpgApparently, you're supposed to wear that while playing, but I just don't see the point.Also, it is small enough so you can comfortably reach over to the ABXY buttons- something I was really worried about. And you can reach the touch screen, if you really want to. Of course, you probably won't need your hands on the CPP while you're using the touch screen.img3353.jpgMy ONLY problem is that the R/Z buttons don't work while using non-CPP compatible games. It's rather annoying, as I like the feel of the CPP.And I can't do Lefty mode in KI:U, as I can't control my character with the right stick. I was hoping lefty mode would be nice, but I'll stick with the normal controls.

It's just a personal preference, mainly from playing other shooters (like Call of Duty, Metroid, Starfox, etc.). I just can't use a right analog stick to control a character, as I've gotten so used to it being the left stick. (Should've mentioned that in the last post =P)Anyways, both the Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil demos work really nice with the CPP. Which is nice, since I intend to get RE sometime soon.

Anyways, the CPP is a beast. It's bigger than the DSi XL, and over twice as thick at its thickest. So expect the CPPXL to just be plain massive. Seriously, it'll probably be the size of a Wii. Or something close to that.Also, it fits in your pocket, if it's large enough. But it isn't exactly comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want this to die.:(I just played the demos of both Heroes of Ruin and Rhythm Thief. HoR was extremely underwhelming for me. For some reason I expected it to be amazing, but it just seemed... okay. Usually I prefer better than okay with games. RT on the other hand seemed like lots of fun. It reminded me of Rhythm Heaven, which definitely isn't a bad thing. It might be good enough for me to buy it unless some really great game suddenly appears.

Rhythm Thief was absolutely amazing, made me want the game. =) I kinda agree about HoR, but... The only saving grace would be if the unknown stuff was actually amazing(And really, we've only seen one level of HoR... Aside from anyone who already has the game, if anyone does. =P). I wish there were more customization options, to be honest. =/

I seem to be of a few that didn't like Rhythm Thief. The animations in the second part were almost painful to watch, the constant stopping in the screen at running speed seemed... irritating to my eyes. I've never really been into Rhythm games, and the demo was just another on a lit of them I didn't like. XDMy brother and I preordered Heroes of Ruin a long while ago, and he is currently playing it. He's quite liking it, and it seems that the character's clothing is customized by what equipment you have on.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

So anyone else get anything from the eShop recently?I got Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters recently, I find it much more enjoyable than the original KI, probably because I didn't die a million times in the first three levels. Once, I think. Oh, and you can go back down. Yay!I also picked up The Phantom Thief Stina and 30 Jewels, quite the enjoyable RTS game. Expecting the whole game to take maybe 7-10 hours, it took me 30 minutes to beat the first five levels.

Anyone else tried VVVVVV in the eShop? I found it quite enjoyable. And some parts of it are extremely challenging. Took me about 5 hours (Not straight to get all the trinkets and beat the game(Those are the "Collectables" found around the world"). It's basically a 2D platforming game (With 3DS 3D for the background) where you c)an move around, and press almost any button to change if your on top or bottom of the area. You use it to avoid spikes and other stuff. Oh and the MUSIC. The music was amazing.On another note, Nintendo really wants people to buy NSMB2 on the eShop, 100 coins for it if you buy it on your 3DS. O_o50 coins for the actual game. Idk about this.

On another note, Nintendo really wants people to buy NSMB2 on the eShop, 100 coins for it if you buy it on your 3DS. O_o50 coins for the actual game. Idk about this.
Really? Quite odd, I wonder if this will mean future eShop full games will be worth more points.

Well, it makes sense; given that unless they've offered a discount, it'd take at least two 3DS prepaid cards... But it is slightly odd, given the actual game only give half that.
It's obviously their way of trying to fight the pre-owned games market in some way, by giving players an incentive to buy the downloadable and non-trade-in-able version of the game.I'll be buying the hard copy, so that I have the trade-in option for the future.- Tilius
YOU MONSTERI've actually been inclined to buy the downloadable version for some reason. Just feels like the thing to do, and since there's an incentive (not that I have any particular knowledge as to what those coins mean), I might as well.

I can take it you aren't a club Nintendo member, then?You can trade the coins for free digital games, Nintendo merchandise, and other stuff. I've gotten both DS Game & Watch Collection games at a total of 1600 coins, plus a few other things. It's a cool way to get free exclusive Nintendo merch.