The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

I'm gonna break up the constant spiel over Skyward Sword by saying that the Wii U demo featuring Zelda at E3 looked incredible. Perhaps it will serve as part of a full game in the future.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I'm gonna break up the constant spiel over Skyward Sword by saying that the Wii U demo featuring Zelda at E3 looked incredible. Perhaps it will serve as part of a full game in the future.

Oh God yes. That was beautiful. I'd love a full game to look like that.
jlovfkk.jpg

It was truly amazing. I hope they use that graphical style for Wii U Zelda, as it would be a great way to show off just how powerful the system is. And as much as I hate to admit it, a realistic style is the safest way to go. Die-hard fans will play it because it's Zelda, even if they don't like the art style. Non-fans will likely be more open to it and not dismiss it due to having "cartoony" graphics like SS and WW. :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

It was truly amazing. I hope they use that graphical style for Wii U Zelda, as it would be a great way to show off just how powerful the system is. And as much as I hate to admit it, a realistic style is the safest way to go. Die-hard fans will play it because it's Zelda, even if they don't like the art style. Non-fans will likely be more open to it and not dismiss it due to having "cartoony" graphics like SS and WW. :t: :b: :3:
Shouldn't we want people to get into the series for a reason other than how it looks? I'm not against a realistic art style (even though I do love the styles in WW and SS), but there is so much more to Zelda than just that.

Lacertus

It was truly amazing. I hope they use that graphical style for Wii U Zelda, as it would be a great way to show off just how powerful the system is. And as much as I hate to admit it, a realistic style is the safest way to go. Die-hard fans will play it because it's Zelda, even if they don't like the art style. Non-fans will likely be more open to it and not dismiss it due to having "cartoony" graphics like SS and WW. :t: :b: :3:
Shouldn't we want people to get into the series for a reason other than how it looks? I'm not against a realistic art style (even though I do love the styles in WW and SS), but there is so much more to Zelda than just that.
I completely agree, but since we don't know anything about a WiiU Zelda other than that demo, that's really all that we can talk about concerning it.
jlovfkk.jpg

Art styles are an important part of Zelda. since they're always changing art styles to fit the concept of each game, it leads to lots of varying pinions among fans on best art styles, etc. I doubt most newcomers have the same interest in the art styles though.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I really am getting nervous about my chances of actually finding the bundle, really need to consider my options and act fast. Though, maybe being in Canada might help me this time. =P

I don't think it's going to sell out that fast. But if you wait a few months that's when I might get worried.

evangelyne.jpg

I know, but what I meant was that there are unfortunately those people who will dismiss a game because of its graphical style, not paying any attention to the game itself. With a realistic style, those people would be more open to trying the game, and after doing so might even be willing to play other Zelda games with a different style. In other words, by using a realistic style, Zelda can draw in players who refuse to be drawn in by the awesomeness of the game itself. So basically yes, we should want people to be drawn into the Zelda series by more than graphical style, but that simply won't work with everyone. Personally, I love the art style of SS; it's by far my favorite art style in the series. :t::b::3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

So basically yes, we should want people to be drawn into the Zelda series by more than graphical style, but that simply won't work with everyone.

Which is what is so sad. The games are incredible regardless, but the graphics convey the eyes of more people if it looks cool. Anyone remember those cool kids from the cartoons ages ago who wore Sun glasses with their hands in their pockets? Yeah, sort of like that, but Zelda is cool anyways. I know for a fact I'm getting that 25th Anniversary CD. Ohboyohboyohboy!

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Looks like one of the gaming news websites had reported incorrectly regarding a left hand mode in SS. There is no left hand mode. :( I suppose I have to adapt.

I saw that. :(Although I read a review from a left hander who said it wasn't that bad at all. :D
jlovfkk.jpg

On a rather random note, I just beat Eox in Phantom Hourglass. Ridiculously easy boss fight as he only has two attacks, both of which are fairly easy to avoid. His dungeon took me awhile, though, because the game kept freezing up when I put my DS into sleep mode. Also, less than a month until SS comes out in Europe! Europe's been getting everything lately. But then, for a while it was Japan and the US getting everything, so it's Europe's turn, I guess. :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

I love this series. I used to be an avid RPer elsewhere and I loved coming up with new characters for the genre. Zelda has surprisingly a lot of potential for stories and character development as there are a lot of areas that are unknown and mysterious (healing fairies for example. We know what they do, we know what they are essentially, but we don't know that much about them). The Zelda series has actually inspired a lot of my writing and drawing. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

On a rather random note, I just beat Eox in Phantom Hourglass. Ridiculously easy boss fight as he only has two attacks, both of which are fairly easy to avoid. His dungeon took me awhile, though, because the game kept freezing up when I put my DS into sleep mode. Also, less than a month until SS comes out in Europe! Europe's been getting everything lately. But then, for a while it was Japan and the US getting everything, so it's Europe's turn, I guess. :t: :b: :3:

I'm still sad that The Last Story and Xenoblade has no release date for the U.S. :(

jlovfkk.jpg

I think it would be pretty cool if for Wii U, they made a remake of the first Zelda game, but in 3D like a modern game, made it longer, with more complex dungeons, but reused the same bosses and plot. THAT should have been the 25th Anniversary game (not that I'm complaining about 4 Swords...)

I think it would be pretty cool if for Wii U, they made a remake of the first Zelda game, but in 3D like a modern game, made it longer, with more complex dungeons, but reused the same bosses and plot. THAT should have been the 25th Anniversary game (not that I'm complaining about 4 Swords...)

I think I read some rumor that Miyamoto wanted to do that for A Link to the Past, only on the 3DS rather than the Wii U. I would still buy that in a second if it ever happens.

p

I'd have loved to see Link's Awakeing done in 3D. Imagine playing the whole game with the Wind Fish's Egg off in the distance. :)

THIS. Not to mention LA's overworld layout was great, and I'd like to see how it could be recreated in 3D.
Unfortunately I've never had the chance to play LA. However, I do know that awhile back, someone had a project where they were trying to recreate Ocarina in Link to the Past's graphics...anyone know anything about that?

I think Nintendo should make a Legend of Zelda All-Stars done in the style of Super Mario All-Stars, giving updated graphics and slightly tweaked gameplay mechanics to old games such as Zelda 1, Zelda II, A Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening. Or they should make The New Legend of Zelda, in the style of New Super Mario Bros. Who wouldn't love to see another traditional 2D Zelda game? :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

This idea may sound stupid at first, but a Paper LoZ would be awesome. Think about it- if they made an RPG style game work for Mario, it wouldn't be that difficult to pull off for Zelda. Especially with the introduction of upgradable weapons and whatnot in Skyward Sword.

I'm not crazy!! =D I've also had this idea, and I think it would be awesome.

I've thought abut that many times, actually. There's a lot about the Paper Mario series that reminded me of LoZ. Heck, you could just swap Mario with Link and no one would even notice. It would also be a great way to experiment with blending RPG elements with the Zelda formula. I think the Paper Mario combat mechanics could work great with LoZ, perhaps with some changes.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Personally, I'd love to see a Zelda Generations, but it seems only Sonic Team cares enough about their franchises birthday to do something actually cool for it.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Personally, I'd love to see a Zelda Generations, but it seems only Sonic Team cares enough about their franchises birthday to do something actually cool for it.

That would be awesome. There should be a game where the parallel universes of WW and TP collide, and Toon Link and Realistic Link team up to save Hyrule. Or something like that. :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

That would be awesome. There should be a game where the parallel universes of WW and TP collide, and Toon Link and Realistic Link team up to save Hyrule. Or something like that. :t: :b: :3:
Well, I guess you could say that's what Skyward Sword is going to be, because it's cartoon/realistic mixture of art styles, if I'm not mistaken. And OoT version of Link was in TP, as the sword skills guy. That's not entirely parallel, but that's as close as you're going to get. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

That would be awesome. There should be a game where the parallel universes of WW and TP collide, and Toon Link and Realistic Link team up to save Hyrule. Or something like that. :t: :b: :3:

That would completely destroy the timeline. Actually, I hate the timeline. Let's do this. =D

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

It would be great to revisit the flooded Hyrule from Wind Waker. A new generation of Link would go down to an eerie and treacherous world. Very haunting. He would get the Master Sword, but to do that, he would have to release Ganondorf. Something like that. I mean, we already have a game that focuses on the sky, so how about a game that focuses underwater? Not sure if WW/PH should count...

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

It would be great to revisit the flooded Hyrule from Wind Waker. A new generation of Link would go down to an eerie and treacherous world. Very haunting. He would get the Master Sword, but to do that, he would have to release Ganondorf. Something like that. I mean, we already have a game that focuses on the sky, so how about a game that focuses underwater? Not sure if WW/PH should count...

This game would have to take place after WW, I assume, seeing as getting the Master Sword releases Ganondorf. However, at the end of WW, Old Hyrule is flooded completely and destroyed (during WW it was flooded but parts were preserved by large air bubbles). So that wouldn't really work... I'd like to see a game that takes place in the world of WW around the same time that Spirit Tracks takes place in New Hyrule. The Deku Tree has accomplished his goal of uniting all the islands of the Great Sea into one land (or several large continents).

Forests hold great power. They can change one tiny island into a much larger land. Soon, a day will come when all the islands are one, connected by earth and grove. And the people who live on that great island will be able to join hands and, together, create a better world.Such is my dream.

:t::b::3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png