The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

Skyward Sword looks awesome. Also, I name this year The Year of Zelda... I mean look at what we've gotten this year alone. =PDSi: Four Swords Anniversary Edition3DS: Zelda 1(Ambassadors)Zelda 2(Ambassadors)Link's Awakening DXOcarina of Time 3DWii: Skyward SwordAnd that's not even counting the possibility of The Minish Cap being one of the GBA ambassador games that we don't know of yet, or any Wii Virtual Console titles I forget... Or the very slim possibility that the Oracle games are put up this year... Though I highly doubt that, given that they put Link's Awakening DX up, and then proceeded to ignore the GBC section of the 3DS Virtual Console. =PAlso, Four Swords Anniversary Edition is awesome! But the Hero's Trial is WAY hard. D= Nearly beat the first level set of it, but, uh, I got killed many times in a row. Ran out of Rupees. =/

=O They actually announced a lefty-mode? I'm not a lefty, but still, that's pretty cool. I'd be willing to give it a shot, even if I'd die horribly.Is it mirrored, like OoT3D's Master Quest and Twilight Princess, or is it just a matter of flipping Link's model?I'm hoping that there are actually still going to be Limited Edition bundles in the stores, because I'm getting nervous... I can't pre-order it, and if everyone else pre-orders it, then there's the risk of it not being there for those who can't pre-order stuff, and... Well... I could definitely use a Remote Plus, and a golden one is even better. =P/EDIT: Hmm, didn't get a warning about a new post. Ah well. =PEeko: Can you get a Wii, or do you have access to one? Because Skyward Sword will be awesome; at this point, there's no doubting that. =P

Edited by Blade: Hero of Truth

Tavakai: Yeah, I had the same thing happen on the first part of it Area 3, and I died at the last one seemingly before the exit. D= And then i died in the first area of the first part(Like, they split each level set into 3, so the first part would be the first level set, and the first area would be Hero's Trial 1.)... I haven't gotten my courage up to try it a third time yet. =P

Why not try to get the LE Bundle, then? It comes with a Wii Remote that has MotionPlus built in. ;)The only thing is that it's like 10 dollars more than the standard version of the game, of course.

I, too, cannot wait for Skyward Sword. Speaking of SS, I'd like to request that everyone use spoilers when talking about the details of the game, as there are some who want to find out everything for themselves. Anyway, right now I'm playing Majora's Mask (currently at Stone Tower Temple) and Zelda II (currently working on both Island and Maze Island Palaces). I'm enjoying both, though Zelda II is pretty sadistically difficult. Those Iron Knuckles are insanely tough, especially the blue ones. Next up are A Link to the Past (after MM) and Zelda 1 (after Zelda II). :t: :b: :3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

True, I might could split the cost with him.Also has anyone else seen the video for

Lake Floria?

EDIT: @Toa Balta #3Doesn't Stone Tower have the greatest music? Easily my favorite in the game. And Link to the Past rocks.

Edited by Eeko
jlovfkk.jpg

Okay, maybe I should stop clicking on spoilers myself. =P I think I might try to avoid spoilers for the next month; it's been a loooooong while since I've played a Zelda game without knowing all too much about it... So, why not have this be the one where that doesn't happen? =)Balta: Yeah, Zelda II is really hard. I believe I've died like 30 or more times; 17 or so times 3, since you have to die three times to have it register on the file select. =P

=O They actually announced a lefty-mode? I'm not a lefty, but still, that's pretty cool. I'd be willing to give it a shot, even if I'd die horribly. Is it mirrored, like OoT3D's Master Quest and Twilight Princess, or is it just a matter of flipping Link's model? I'm hoping that there are actually still going to be Limited Edition bundles in the stores, because I'm getting nervous... I can't pre-order it, and if everyone else pre-orders it, then there's the risk of it not being there for those who can't pre-order stuff, and... Well... I could definitely use a Remote Plus, and a golden one is even better. =P

I am not sure if it's going to be mirrored. I don't mind either way, but I am still excited. :D If you pre-order the standard edition or limited edition, you can get an orchestrated Zelda music CD, and I think it's totally worth it. Fully orchestrated, man. Think about pre-ordering one of the editions. :P

I, too, cannot wait for Skyward Sword. Speaking of SS, I'd like to request that everyone use spoilers when talking about the details of the game, as there are some who want to find out everything for themselves. :t: :b: :3::

Good call.

jlovfkk.jpg

1. Yeah, I could see why. =) I'd say that Nintendo did a good job there; people were wanting a lefty mode, and Nintendo delivered.2. Wait; it's only if you pre-order? Gah. I want the music CD for sure, but I was positive I read that it was available in either bundle, no matter if you pre-order or not. If that's true, then I really need to reconsider my plan, as I want all three items. =P

Last night I preordered SS(With golden WiiMote Plus, of course) and I am SO EXCITED. Also, I think lefty mode will be the same world. Otherwise, it'd be unfair to lefties. Also, anyone excited for the new upgrade system?

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

I LOVED Twilight Princess, and I really want Skyward Sword, but I doubt I'll have the money at launch.

Twilight Princess was the most incredible game I've ever played. Looking forward to Skyward Sword, supposedly even more incredible according to the Zelda creators (I watched the promo event video...had a hard time understanding the Japanese though :sigh: ).

mnog3d_banner.jpg

"A fully explorable 3D version of the original island of Mata Nui is being developed. Copy this signature to support the project!"

Skyward Sword looks great, and the upgrade system makes it feel more like an RPG. I also like the watercolor graphics (Zelda's done almost every kind of graphics) but Twilight Princess's graphics just looked like they fit the world and characters. Currently playing Ocarina of Time. I'm at the Forest Temple.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Skyward Sword looks great, and the upgrade system makes it feel more like an RPG. I also like the watercolor graphics (Zelda's done almost every kind of graphics) but Twilight Princess's graphics just looked like they fit the world and characters. Currently playing Ocarina of Time. I'm at the Forest Temple.

Best temple music in OoT. :)
jlovfkk.jpg

I am way too excited for Skyward Sword. I've already preorded it myself. That game is going to be amazing, simply put. I'll admit, I wasn't a fan for the graphics at first, even though I should have learned my lesson from Wind Waker. But the fact that Nintendo was showing off basically the motion control really turned me off the game. However my sister was the only one who said that it was going to be amazing. She's right now that I've gotten a better look at it. :3 Also, prequel will ROCK. Want to see the Sheikah and how they got started and love the fact that in this Zelda game, Zelda will actually be a main character.

Finally played Twilight Princess after about 3 years of waiting; loved it. Also started playing Minish Cap - the funny thing is, I think MC might be my favorite Zelda game to date, even topping Twilight Princess.Can't wait for Skyward Sword, but in the meantime I'm going to go back and try to play/beat all of the old portable games (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages).Also, just for kicks and giggles, anyone here beat the original game or II? :P

Also, just for kicks and giggles, anyone here beat the original game or II? :P

I have the Collector's Edition, but I got fed up with Zelda II since it was so different compared to the other Zelda games. I'm like half-way through the original.

jlovfkk.jpg

Also, just for kicks and giggles, anyone here beat the original game or II? :P

I have the Collector's Edition, but I got fed up with Zelda II since it was so different compared to the other Zelda games. I'm like half-way through the original.
I watched a video review/playthrough of the whole game, and...wow. It's definitely the most difficult out of the 15, and I'd say it's partly due to the side-scrolling action. Still, it's good for one thing - the music.

The music in II is awesome. =OAlso, I haven't beaten II yet(Gah Iron Knuckles); but I've beaten Zelda 1 once. Haven't wanted to do all the exploring on my own, so I'm leaving Zelda 1(Ambassador) to the side for the moment. Will eventually beat that and Master Quest(Both it and OoT's. =P) someday, preferably soon. =P

Try it, you've got nothing to lose. It does try to make you throw stuff, but, well, we haven't had enough of that lately. The new-found availability of Zelda II and Four Swords Anniversary Edition really shows people just how much hand-holding happens nowadays.And yep; just one more month(And a few days, of course. =P). Can't wait! =D

Finished Twilight Princess a month ago, and loved it. Midna is an awesome character. Ocarina of time is the best, though, with Majora's Mask second (haven't beaten it, but awesome. Stone Tower = PAIN), and then TP. Wind Waker had its weak points, strong points, pros/cons, etc. Same with Minish Cap, and Four Swords I haven't completed. TP has the most memorable moments though, especially in the credits. Anybody have a favorite temple/weapon throughout all the games, though? :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Just wanted to comment, that I agree. OoT, MM and then TP. But Majora's Mask can't be beaten plot wise. ;-; There is so much symbolism and heart in that game it's amazing. Also Twilight Princess does have the most epic feel and Midna and Zant were awesome additions. I don't have a favorite weapon but off the top of my head I'd say Hookshot.

Im glad this is a hot topic... anyways, could someone PLEASE tell me how to beat Vaati in Four Swords Anniversary edition? I keep hitting him with bombs but... UGH! I just dont know what to do... Also, Im not an ambassador, but I have played the original Legend of Zelda and I loved it. Beat it. But I did use a walkthrough.... Ocarina of time I beat, EPIC game also. I also beat Twilight Princess a week ago. Great game. I really hope they put more GBC games on the 3DS virtual console. Im preordering skyward sword soon probably to get the Remote. Looks EPIC. ~PowerMiner~

Love this game series, im glad i got into like somewhere in 2008 because i missed alot, but i caught up. :) skyward sword looks pretty darn cool, and i already pre-ordered it from gamestop. Majora's mask is probably my favorite.

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."