Bionicle Inspired Artwork

PooZy

Hai!I've only just joined BZP so all of this art is actually old by at least a year, but I never really got to show anybody so here they are: This is a toa inspired by an old moc I made. The actual moc looks bad, you don't want to see it. letssee4.png This one was done when I was 14/15 so excuse the awful cheesiness and quality. icechaser.jpg This was inspired by the kraata (I think they were called that) leech2small.png

sigpic2.png

Wow. These are amazing!The Kraata is my favorite, I've never seen one done like that before.I love the poses in the first two, they're very dynamic.I'd love to see more art by you!

Thankyouz <3

Wow. Just... wow. I really like your art style, it looks great!The kraata-inspired piece fascinates me most. It seems so alive, and is wonderful in terms of execution too. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you in the future! :)

Thanks, that means a lot to me. Recently I've been focussing on art for my school work so it lacks any bionicle orientation so I'm afraid I won't be posting that much in the near future :c.

sigpic2.png

[...]

Wow. Just... wow. I really like your art style, it looks great!The kraata-inspired piece fascinates me most. It seems so alive, and is wonderful in terms of execution too. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you in the future! :)

Thanks, that means a lot to me. Recently I've been focussing on art for my school work so it lacks any bionicle orientation so I'm afraid I won't be posting that much in the near future :c.
You're welcome ^_^ That's okay, I know that situation, for I've been encountering it myself...(I'll still keep your name in mind - you never know...) Reminds me, which programme are you using for your artwork?

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

[...]

You're welcome ^_^ That's okay, I know that situation, for I've been encountering it myself...(I'll still keep your name in mind - you never know...) Reminds me, which programme are you using for your artwork?
I was using photoimpact12. If you're asking because you'd like to try it out, don't. It's a really bad program for creating images from scratch. It's actually only meant as an image manipulator but It came free with my laptop so I had to bear with it.Nowadays I've been using physical means to create art so much that I fear I might lack skill with a mouse. Sad days :c

sigpic2.png

Very interesting, beginning with the posing and the coloring your artwork holds a lot of variety in delivery. Personally, I like the first one the most. Something about the posing mixed with the elemental feeling you give him/her in blending with the night. I actually swore that was Lariska for a second there because of the color scheme and small dagger. Nice job nonetheless.

malum.gif

Banner Proudly made by Maxilos.Bolso.

And also please read my epic "Disgrace Amongst the Skrall and my review topic for it (Clicky), and another short story, Reaping of Sown Sorrows. Another epic of mine, Cold Dawn, is available for reading, as well as reviewing.

Thanks!

"Sometimes what came out was wonderful, and sometimes it wasn't, because human beings do not achieve greatness with every effort. If they did, greatness would be pedestrian."

-Greg Farshtey

Very interesting, beginning with the posing and the coloring your artwork holds a lot of variety in delivery. Personally, I like the first one the most. Something about the posing mixed with the elemental feeling you give him/her in blending with the night. I actually swore that was Lariska for a second there because of the color scheme and small dagger. Nice job nonetheless.

Thanks! If you look closely you'll see that dagger is actually a blue whip

These are all great. I love your style. I think the middle one is my favorite. Really has an atmosphere to it.

Thanks for replying! This means a lot to me

CHEESINES AND BAD QUALITY?! You mad bro? These are super cool. You're digital brush stroke style is really awesome. Never stop doing art. My favs the Kraat.

Again thanks! About the cheesiness and bad quality, you'll see what I mean by zooming in a bit ;)

sigpic2.png

It's been a while since I've seen Bionicle artwork this good... you should be very proud of this.I absolutely adore that first piece. The hazy background, coupled with the trailing luminescent whip, make the subject look really delicate, yet also ominous at the same time. I'm no artist myself, so I wouldn't actually know how to give C&C on this. But just know that it's quite amazing :) -FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

I was using photoimpact12. If you're asking because you'd like to try it out, don't. It's a really bad program for creating images from scratch. It's actually only meant as an image manipulator but It came free with my laptop so I had to bear with it.Nowadays I've been using physical means to create art so much that I fear I might lack skill with a mouse. Sad days :c

I was mainly asking out of curiousity. ^_^ Really? I'd love to see traditional art from you, I'm sure it looks awesome! :happydance: Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

So... stinking... shiny... Seriously, your shading techniques amaze me. I especially love the kraata-inspired one. He just looks so alien, it's wonderful.

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

1. The pose is interesting, but it tends to lead me vertically from top to bottem. Also, the hand w/o the energy orb annoys me because it points to a part of the painting that doesn't have any detail, essentially leading the viewer out of the painting. Also, the background leaves a little to be desired. Where is this taking place? 2. Did you use chalk? It looks like it. I lilke how the warm colors slice through the blues of the rest of the image. Also, I like that the horizon line is tilted, but the character is solidly placed. I don't think the composition would have worked as well if the horizon line was horizontal. I'm not sure where Bionicle comes in; instead it makes me think of the Protoss from Starcraft. 3. Yes, PooZy, that is a Kraata, and that is a heck of a Kraata. It is certainly more scary than the kraatas that Lego had from the movie and comics! Where the movie/comic Kraata want to infect masks, I think this one also wants to nom the face, too. Also, you get extra credit for emulating the Kraata logo from way back when.

1. The pose is interesting, but it tends to lead me vertically from top to bottem. Also, the hand w/o the energy orb annoys me because it points to a part of the painting that doesn't have any detail, essentially leading the viewer out of the painting. Also, the background leaves a little to be desired. Where is this taking place? 2. Did you use chalk? It looks like it. I lilke how the warm colors slice through the blues of the rest of the image. Also, I like that the horizon line is tilted, but the character is solidly placed. I don't think the composition would have worked as well if the horizon line was horizontal. I'm not sure where Bionicle comes in; instead it makes me think of the Protoss from Starcraft. 3. Yes, PooZy, that is a Kraata, and that is a heck of a Kraata. It is certainly more scary than the kraatas that Lego had from the movie and comics! Where the movie/comic Kraata want to infect masks, I think this one also wants to nom the face, too. Also, you get extra credit for emulating the Kraata logo from way back when.

Thanks :3. I didn't make the second image with chalk, I used paint or brush tool to do everything because I was too lazy to learn what the other tools did. Also I agree with your points about the first image, but by the time I'd finished the main figure I had to start school again so I left the background black. It's supposed to be in a woodland area.

Jeez, I am seeing some awesome works! Could ya post some urls for hi-res versions?

Thanks! Sorry I could only find high-res kraataleech2.jpg

sigpic2.png

Wow... There's hardly anything wrong with these at all! I honestly couldn't pick a favorite. They're all so dramatic and detailed. I think the choice of each background suits the picture it's in perfectly. With the picture of the Kraata, it looks like it just awoke or emerged from something. I really like the angle the second picture is drawn at. Good job! :)

Edited by Nuvaguy

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"