E3 2012

So Microsoft's conference is over. It was pretty good.I am still not captivated by any of the games. None of the exclusives (except maybe Forza) interested me, and most of the better ones were still multiplatform.The Smart Glass feature is VERY interesting though. Integration between Xbox, tablets, smartphones and PCs is an excellent idea. My only qualm is that they seems to have no support for Windows 7. :<Also Yami is in Halo 4. I approve. :U

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

It was entertaining if not earth-shattering, but I think that's what they were going for. Nothing that really screams "buy my product", but they certainly delivered a solid exhibition. Great to see Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and the Usher routine was cool, if out of place.

I saw the greatest chatroom comment during the live stream on the Xbox website."If I'm controlling the browser from my phone, why not just use the browser on my phone?"Made me laugh.EDIT: And Matt made fun of Smart Glass. That was hilarious.But anyways, South Park RPG looks good.

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Biggest things for me so far were AC3 and the Medal of Honor trailer, cuz it uses the new Linkin Park song Lies Greed Misery from their new album coming out in about two weeks :PI'll be watching at least some of the Sony conference, excited for All-Stars.

I missed Microsoft, EA, and Ubi's pressers, but I'm watching Sony's right now. Beyond looks great - I loved Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Games I'm interested in include Pikmin 3, LBP: Kart Racing, and Halo 4.Unfortunately I have DirecTV (which doesn't broadcast G4), so I have to rely on other ways for E3 updates.

Edited by Van Der
Do not mention sites with forums.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

wait what? i thought elites were fighting along side humans after the Covenant booted them out. did they just throw that idea out the window?

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

They have said that this is the broken remains of the covenant, so I guess those are rogue elitesI'm looking forward to the scattershot, that's gonna be my new favorite weapon, it's already short ranged and more my style!As far as the new enemy goes, creepy and very high tech, almost as if the forerunners are the enemies... And is Cortana going mad? She doesn't want chief to leave..,why?Man so many questions! All answered November 6th!!!

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Well, I only caught roughly half the Sony conference, but it seems better than the Microsoft one. For one, they didn't really stop for a third of the conference to talk about new and exciting Browser features. =P

AHAHAHATHE MUSIC FOR THE SONY ALL-STARS INTRO WAS GENESISAWESOMEWasn't super impressed by the whole conference though. Beyond looks cool but no word on what the game is actually like. All-Stars is definitely a competent party fighter, that's good. Ship combat in AC3 was niiiice. Didn't really care for anything else.And my gosh that Book of Spells demo went on forever. x_x

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

The Last of Us also looks pretty good. A shame I don't have a PS3.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

OH MANTHE LAST OF US LOOKS AMAZING

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

The Last of Us was pretty cool, yes. I honestly had no clue what it was at first; but that looked very cool. =DI missed fragments of the conference aside from the half and hour or so initially; the stream kept breaking up due to comments on the same page(Why. Why.)...

i only caught the last few mins of the stream. i was just searching for the games i could think of or cared about.

This topic so far

Vs.

I've been following The Last Of Us from the beginning, and the gameplay video looks great. I have much higher hopes for that than All-Stars.Next super-big things for me are the Nintendo conference, Dead or Alive 5, and hopefully some stuff from Square Enix.

I don't know, but they do have a thing for surprise announcements (look at last year's FFXHD and 2010's Kingdom Hearts re:coded). I'm just hoping for something new related to Kingdom Hearts or FF Versus, or even FF Type-0 localization plans.

Or, alternative, FF5/6 3D. ... What? I'm in an RPG mood, and have never played either of those titles. =PAnd I'm not holding my breath for Versus; they announced that, what, six years ago, if not longer? They announced it back when the PS3 was first released, IIRC. xD That, and it's companion game has not only been released, but gotten a sequel. And who knows what happened to that other game that was being thought up alongside 13 and Versus...

The other game, FF Type-0 was released last year in Japan, which is why I'm hoping for a localization announcement. Anyways, I'd at least like to know how far Versus is, we haven't heard anything for a while other than that it is using a new, slick looking engine and we'll have to wait for Versus to come out for KH3 to even start, the only thing that gives me any hope is that Kingdom Hearts 3D is loaded with ideas that never made it into the final version of Versus...Also, I believe that FFVI 3D actually has been considered, and there is a good possibility of it happening... If I remember correctly...

Well, tomorrow's conference seems to be almost entirely about the Wii U, then Nintendo has a second conference about 3DS Wednesday evening. This could be impressive.

predictions for Playstation All Stars: during online play, all players will sit and do nothing, resulting in a 4-way sudden death. once that happens everyone jumps of the edge as fast as they can.basically what everyone does on Brawl, and why i hate that game.

This topic so far

Vs.

I gotta say, it's shocking that the Ubisoft conference was better than both Microsoft's and Sony's. It really shouldn't be that way round.- Tilius

Really, it shouldn't be so surprising. Ubisoft isn't a console producer; their focus is almost exclusively on games. Sony and Microsoft have to deal with all this other stuff aside; Ubisoft's job is simply to make quality games, which it's doing pretty good at.

predictions for Playstation All Stars: during online play, all players will sit and do nothing, resulting in a 4-way sudden death. once that happens everyone jumps of the edge as fast as they can.basically what everyone does on Brawl, and why i hate that game.

Do they really? Why?

Nintendo E3 is really close...only twenty-five minutes...I never really experienced Brawl lag, and I've only seen a very small amount of players that do that (and I've played online a reasonable amount I guess).I agree with Tilius, and I'm a huge Nintendo fan. The part about the people who want more Wii Fit made me laugh. Though seriously, a new FPS Metroid would be welcome, and a Zelda HD, maybe a new IP?I've heard rumors...of a new IP...

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Alright; 11 minutes and counting, the stream's kinda up, and they went and put comments on the official stream. D= I hope my new computer really can handle the mass amount of spamming that's likely to happen if last night's Sony conference is any indication. The only good thing is that hopefully this isn't the same source for said comments. =P

Siiiiiiigh.Nintendo did not deliver either. :|I still think the Wii U looks like a great system, but I'm not entirely convinced on the content shown.Except LEGO City Undercover. That looks AWESOME.Though Nintendo still has other conferences coming up so hopefully they'll pull out something nice later.Also Reggie actually saying "My body id read" was hilarious.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I noticed a few chatroom trolls, but not many. Overall, here are my rankings for two of the big three (haven't seen Sony's yet)Microsoft - CThey showed off a few strong first party titles, but nothing we didn't expect, just MS mainstays. That was nice though. However, they moved on to focus on stuff that has nothing to do with GAMES at a GAMING CONVENTION. They also teased a lackluster showing of a new Kinect game related to cannonballs, an annoying five minutes of Usher, and some solid third party trailers. I personally enjoyed the parts when they actually focused on games best. Anyone?Nintendo - BNintendo may have dissapointed a few people by not showing off a new Zelda game-however, there was one less than a year ago, so that's an invalid complaint. They kicked it off, however, with a trailer and information on the long-awaited Pikmin 3. They showcased more "hardcore" games on the WiiU (Ninja Gaiden 3-bloody enough? :P) and had a few third-party companies up. ZombiU, despite the so-so name, turned out to look pretty sweet, though the face recognition is a bit glitchy. Lego City was basically a Lego GTA, which is oddly enough an awesome thing. Nintendo Land was meh, same with Sing, but the third-party showings and other first-party news make this a solid E3 presentation, though they spent too much time on their theme park game. Agreed?And I haven't seen Sony's, but the Book of Spells seems techy-but not fun.