The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Was that Frankie? In the new episode of FUD, after the break up the fight in the dining hall, it looks like Frankie.
It IS Frankie.Also, on the "Next on FUD" You can see Spartan with the tag "104" (Fred) in the video they are watching. Seems they recycled the "Deliver Hope" Armour, but it looks good.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I'm content with the 360. A lot of people are.
Uhm, what I meant was that 360 came out years ago and Halo 6, if it'll ever be made, won't come out until 2014-2015, I presume. Mine was just a theory.I enjoyed Episode 2, too. Lasky, this time, had seemingly understood what to do. Nice plan, I have to say.Can't wait to see Covies and Chief. I'm looking forward to seeing part 3. October 18, why are you so distant?@Rausaro: where did you see it? I probably missed it.

Am I the only one who thinks the short, but interesting intros are very... touching?"For over 4 years, all I have done is think". I think only a few people understand truly how that feels.I'm probably taking it too seriously as I was diagnosed with diabetes last weekend and ever since I've been stuck in the hospital.That's not so bad, but I've been forced to sit still. I have had nothing else to learn. I've made no new experiences, had nothing to do, no epiphanies about me or the universe. Nothing. In that sense, I relate to it way more than I should. Then again, I worship Cortana XD

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

I'm content with the 360. A lot of people are.
Uhm, what I meant was that 360 came out years ago and Halo 6, if it'll ever be made, won't come out until 2014-2015, I presume. Mine was just a theory.I enjoyed Episode 2, too. Lasky, this time, had seemingly understood what to do. Nice plan, I have to say.Can't wait to see Covies and Chief. I'm looking forward to seeing part 3. October 18, why are you so distant?@Rausaro: where did you see it? I probably missed it.
It's at the part where the credits role, and on the side bar it shows a preview. You can clearly see a helmeted Spartan with "104" on his chest. It's right before the Main looks over the Hacker dude's shoulder.

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

It's at the part where the credits role, and on the side bar it shows a preview. You can clearly see a helmeted Spartan with "104" on his chest. It's right before the Main looks over the Hacker dude's shoulder.
Saw it. Hard to see at first glance, though. Hmm, the helmet doesn't totally look like Fred's, no. Or, at least, the visor doesn't. It looks like Mark V/B's.

Saw it. Hard to see at first glance, though. Hmm, the helmet doesn't totally look like Fred's, no. Or, at least, the visor doesn't. It looks like Mark V/B's.
It was confirmed they were re-using props. That said, do we even know when the Mark V-B program was started?

It was confirmed they were re-using props. That said, do we even know when the Mark V-B program was started?
Right.Mark V/B entered in service in 2551, when the Mark IV was sent into retirement after 26 years of use. FUD takes place in 2526, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the video the hacker-guy is watching shows part of the Assault on Eridanus Secundus?

I went to the Halo 4 panel at the New York Comic Con yesterday and they showed off a new map called Melt Down (or however your spell it). It's a snow-based map for the new Dominion game type and I think the strutctures are Forerunner-based.

Nope, the Corbulo Academy is on Circinius IV, which to my knowledge hasn't been featured in Halo lore before. It ties in with Halo 4 as the main character, Lasky, becomes the the captain of the Infinity which is prominently featured in Halo 4 and The Thursday War. Bing is your friend!

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Just saw the "Halo 4: Scanned" Trailer. Impressed. Seems we get to see what might be the Didact, as well as John's face.
Me too. It's fantastic, but one thing ruins it in my opinion: why did they feel the need to put the stupid Wilhelm Scream at around 0:27? It's so useless there! mad.gifAs for Forward Unto Dawn: Part 3, it's brilliant. It's really good. We get to see some horrible parts of Human-Covenant War. Very well done, 343i. Can't wait for Part 4.

Nope, the Corbulo Academy is on Circinius IV, which to my knowledge hasn't been featured in Halo lore before. It ties in with Halo 4 as the main character, Lasky, becomes the the captain of the Infinity which is prominently featured in Halo 4 and The Thursday War. Bing is your friend!
Actually, Lasky is the second in command of the Infinity, and an ONI Spook. Captain Del Rio is the CO of the Ship.I'm hoping we will indeed see Blue team. Fred 104 was visible in Episode 3, and according to IMDB, both Fred and Kelly have been cast.

Forward Unto Dawn could totally sell as an actual television show. One thing that irks me though is that Hastati is training at an academy instead of a bootcamp or something. I figured it was just like a military fortress or something, hearing it being called a school is making me OCD. But they've gotten so much obscure stuff right in the series so far I'm guessing that the UNSC eventually moved to those at some point in the lore and I didn't pick it up.In other news I spent my afternoon playing Firefight. Two hours and twenty minutes later I cleared three sets and one round on normal, just shy of a hundred thousand points by the end. Now I feel nerd proud but also emotionally dead from all the killing, I'm so desensitized.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Forward Unto Dawn could totally sell as an actual television show. One thing that irks me though is that Hastati is training at an academy instead of a bootcamp or something. I figured it was just like a military fortress or something, hearing it being called a school is making me OCD. But they've gotten so much obscure stuff right in the series so far I'm guessing that the UNSC eventually moved to those at some point in the lore and I didn't pick it up.In other news I spent my afternoon playing Firefight. Two hours and twenty minutes later I cleared three sets and one round on normal, just shy of a hundred thousand points by the end. Now I feel nerd proud but also emotionally dead from all the killing, I'm so desensitized.
I have a friend in ROTC, and it sounds like they did in fact have to train at the Academy they attend. The thing is, these kids are training to be officers, not grunts.

Things are definitely getting interesting! I'm fortunate for the build-up we've had so far, but I must say, things weren't 100% Halo until ***** hit the fan. Also, does anyone know what the heck was going on with Chief and Cortana at the beginning? You know, when all that red light began and stuff? What was that?

It is Cortana fighting off rampancy, or at least trying too, she had similar ramblings when aboard High Charity in Halo 3 before you rescue her. Her avatar turning red is a visible sign of rampancy, and her threats to "unplug" the chief are another part of her rampancy.
That part I understood. I think it's definitely an interesting change in her personalityI'm fascinated by the future and technology, but most of all I'm fascinated by the human psyche.For a futuristic piece of technology to develop human character traits... that just blows my mind. :PI like how Cortana's rampant voice is, seemingly, more innocent-sounding than her usually darker, take-charge voice. It's like an evil girl who's got far too much power. Here she's obviously battling to keep her self-control, to contain her rage. In the last video, she struggled with melancholy. I'm sure that if we whip out the list of the stages of rampancy we can trace the progress of her rampancy. Edited by Vespertine

Just re-watched the new Gameplay trailer... Curious. The Didact states that

"Humans are the greatest threat to the Galaxy". We also see yet another Halo Ring, though if I'm not mistaken I think it might be one of the Mega rings mentioned in Primordial.The Didact also appears to use some sort of invisible grappling tech, perhaps neural physics or Grav-fields?Finally, he states that "WE are Forerunners.... Protectors of all that exist". I think this heavily implies that the Knights are Composed (organic turned synthetic) Forerunners, and not just powerful Sentinels.

Also, I heard this theory elsewhere, and I think it makes sense... What if the Didact is hostile towards humanity because he wants to stop the return of the Precursors? Primordial implied his kind would return 100,000 years hence to once again test humanity....

Chief's looking out over space, sees some spaceships flying by, object in background.
Saw that. Well, sounds as a plausible thing. Yes, it may be that.FUD Part 4 is absolutely great. The Elites' armor is very well done, and their skin is wonderful. There's a very nice example of Covenant Carbine, too.

I'm kind of sad because of the death of many main characters, as the head of the Academy, JJ and Vickers.If I'm not wrong, this time Kelly was mentioned by Chief.Another thing: I suppose the "final boss" will be a Hunter, in "Next on FUD" there's a big thing surrounded by spikes and green lights.

Chief's looking out over space, sees some spaceships flying by, object in background.
Saw that. Well, sounds as a plausible thing. Yes, it may be that.FUD Part 4 is absolutely great. The Elites' armor is very well done, and their skin is wonderful. There's a very nice example of Covenant Carbine, too.

I'm kind of sad because of the death of many main characters, as the head of the Academy, JJ and Vickers.If I'm not wrong, this time Kelly was mentioned by Chief.Another thing: I suppose the "final boss" will be a Hunter, in "Next on FUD" there's a big thing surrounded by spikes and green lights.

I definitely saw a Fuel Rod Blast. As for Kelly, IMDB did confirm both she and Fred were cast, so I assume they appear at the end to save Chief.Interesting MAJOR spoiler found in the Halo 4 Special edition soundtrack:

The bottom of the disk has the Didact symbol, and is shown in red. The top is blue, and has the Librarian's symbol. Also, the Track "Green and Blue" was originally called Librarian....

I definitely saw a Fuel Rod Blast. As for Kelly, IMDB did confirm both she and Fred were cast, so I assume they appear at the end to save Chief.
I definitely instead did not see that. :P All I heard and saw were Needlers, Plasma Rifles, Carbines and Needle Rifles.Chief, when he finds the cadets, says through his radio, "Kelly, lead your squad north and get to the Pelican for evac. We'll meet there", or something like that. So, maybe we'll see her and Fred in the next episode.

Did it bother anybody else how Chief said "You can call me Master Chief" like it was his name?
I know it annoyed some people, but I think it's perfectly fine. You can see that he was hesitant. He probably didn't know how much he was allowed to reveal to them about the Spartan program, so probably didn't want to call himself "Spartan 117", and he definitely wasn't going to let them call him John.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Did it bother anybody else how Chief said "You can call me Master Chief" like it was his name?
I know it annoyed some people, but I think it's perfectly fine. You can see that he was hesitant. He probably didn't know how much he was allowed to reveal to them about the Spartan program, so probably didn't want to call himself "Spartan 117", and he definitely wasn't going to let them call him John.~U_K~
Technically he wasn't a master chief at that point. He was a petty officer third class(I think), but that would confuse me if he said "Call me petty officer" If I hadn't read the book.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Technically he wasn't a master chief at that point. He was a petty officer third class(I think), but that would confuse me if he said "Call me petty officer" If I hadn't read the book.
He became Master Chief post 2525, it was never said when, so technically it doesn't conflict with existing cannon. @TRE: I saw the Fuel Rod Blast in the teaser for episode 5. It was too bright and large to be a plasma pistol.

It was clearly a fanservice shoutout and seemed incredibly out of place in a media where most of the fanservice shoutouts have been pretty neatly placed Easter-eggs.Petty Officer John-117, or just Petty Officer John would not have confused a single person. Or whatever his rank would be at this point.The show's still phenomenal, don't get me wrong. But it was the only time I verbally guffawed. Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

It was clearly a fanservice shoutout and seemed incredibly out of place in a media where most of the fanservice shoutouts have been pretty neatly placed Easter-eggs.Petty Officer John-117, or just Petty Officer John would not have confused a single person. Or whatever his rank would be at this point.The show's still phenomenal, don't get me wrong. But it was the only time I verbally guffawed.
He was a Master Chief Petty Officer at this point. As for the name, I suspect that would remain classified... I suspect ONI could have incarcerated or executed Sullivan for his hacked videos that showed aliens and Spartans, to be honest.

Ahh reading all your posts gets me even more excited for FUD! I'm waiting till the Limited Edition arrives so I can watch all 90 minutes in a row. I gotta be honest, as excited and full of hope I am for this game, I still have those small doubts about how similar and consistant it is to all the past Halos. I know in all the interviews with 343i (already in love with that company), they said they made it feel like Halo while adding all new features. But it just already looks/sounds so different. Ah, who cares, it's Halo 4, it'll be the greatest thing to happen to me till Halo 5. - Taka

Edited by Axonn's Fury

BZPChat

343 has released an interactive guide on their site which shows all the armor sets (except for the raider helmet) among other things.Also, you don't have to read all the descriptions, but I recommend looking at the description for the FOTUS armor.~U_K~
Is this really all the armor, though? I thought they showed GEN1 Mark VI armor in a screenshot a while ago, and it's not here.also no odst aaaaaaaaaI'll have to start wearing Air Assault or something... :/
19704_s.gif