The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Yeah I'm going to try and return my Limited Edition as soon as I get it. Even though it'll mean probably waiting a while before I can buy the standard edition and losing pre-order bonuses. They were just skins anyways.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Yeah I'm going to try and return my Limited Edition as soon as I get it. Even though it'll mean probably waiting a while before I can buy the standard edition and losing pre-order bonuses. They were just skins anyways.~|ET|~
Ive heard all skins will be unlockable at some point anyway.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Ive heard all skins will be unlockable at some point anyway.
Ha, of course...And since my mind keeps flip-flopping on this: I'm going to return it if I find out I can exchange for the standard edition. If my friend working at Best Buy thinks not, well, I might not wait...Ugh, I don't know. If only somebody else here had pre-ordered it and could give their opinion...??~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. The map pass that comes with it alone is $25. I'm glad I pre ordered the LE...
How exactly does the map pass work? Because I'm getting pretty confused by that and it's really the driving force behind me thinking it's not worth it. I thought I was buying the map packs with this, not some pass that I'm not fully understanding yet.(That and seriously, FUD should've been a DVD, not a download code...)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. The map pass that comes with it alone is $25. I'm glad I pre ordered the LE...
How exactly does the map pass work? Because I'm getting pretty confused by that and it's really the driving force behind me thinking it's not worth it. I thought I was buying the map packs with this, not some pass that I'm not fully understanding yet.(That and seriously, FUD should've been a DVD, not a download code...)~|ET|~
The map pass give you the two helmets and access to the DLC when it is released. Its useless in the LE and you can buy if for a lot cheaper in shops on its own.Can you not just cancel your LE and get the standard edition?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

The map pass give you the two helmets and access to the DLC when it is released. Its useless in the LE and you can buy if for a lot cheaper in shops on its own.Can you not just cancel your LE and get the standard edition?
But I did essentially buy the maps with it?How cheap is it elsewhere then?And no, it's already shipped, so I cannot.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

But I did essentially buy the maps with it?How cheap is it elsewhere then?And no, it's already shipped, so I cannot.~|ET|~
For me its £16, so add that to the £40 game and thats £56. The LE is £65

In the LE, you get the Map Pass, which is worth $25 and gives you access to the maps as they release, early access to the six specializations, a skin for the Recruit armor and the AR, an emblem, some avatar props a "briefing packet" with some info on the Spartan IVs (which I'm sure you'll be able to find online), and the extended FUD (once again, I'm sure someone will upload it). So if you think about it, you're getting the game and the Map Pass for $85, and if the rest of the stuff is worth $15 to you, go ahead. If you don't want it, it seems to be in short supply so Ebay could be an option.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I might have had Halo 4 spoiled for me by a troll >.> I hate it when people do that. I was less than 12 hours away from getting it.I'm hoping to pick the game up tonight!

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

might go to the midnight. politics are helpful if the close school the day a game you comes out.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Mine's being delivered.But I am still hosting a launch party in cooperation with my school's Microsoft reps to play the game early. :D Just have to get through an exam first heh...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Yep. Hope I don't get mugged in the parking lot. I still need to read the last couple chapters of The Thursday War. Really great book, might be my new favorite in the series. I'll probably finish it in line.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

So that launch party was a resounding success!...Besides almost being kicked out the room because we didn't have it reserved for after 10, but that's a me issue...But yeah, that was fun! And they ended up giving away SIX copies of the game. They even thought they'd only get 2, but 6 came in today so they figured they should give them out.Multiplayer is.... Intersting. I know I was playing with a good number of good people, so that might not have helped, but I can tell it's going to be a really fast paced game between instant respawns and everyone having sprint. Random weapon drops turned out to not be too bad actually. Although I must say, the Shield armor ability is SO OVERPOWERED.Also, being a Flood is super fun.Finally, as an aside, I have the distinction of being the first person on my campus to be killed in Halo 4! :3 (For games played on campus... have a friend who played at RTX and the one Microsoft intern played a few times over the summer... but yeah.)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

So I realized today that only my pre-order poster from Best Buy shipped last week...Only today did my actual copy of the game ship.:'(At least the poster's pretty...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Almost beat it, but I have math class >.> Well, I can tell you this: the books now tie into the games massively.On another note, found 4 Terminals... but they don't play ingame, it seems.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Only today did my actual copy of the game ship.
You too, eh?I'm genuinely displeased that they're also sending it from a location on the other side of the country. First preorder they've ever done to me like this.But hey! I got my pre-order codes in the email! Thanks, guys! So useful!!!!

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Gah, I am mad. Everyone I know save for a few people got Halo 4 today. I'm stuck getting it tommorow and not being able to play it until Thursday. Ubt from what everyone is saying, it's awesome. Picking up the Map Pass with my Halo 4 though.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Only today did my actual copy of the game ship.
You too, eh?I'm genuinely displeased that they're also sending it from a location on the other side of the country. First preorder they've ever done to me like this.But hey! I got my pre-order codes in the email! Thanks, guys! So useful! !!!
Same. Here.Yeah, those codes are so useful for the game they only just shipped! So glad to have them!Inadvertently ended up being good as I didn't actually want to play tonight given a big exam to study for.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I picked it up a little past midnight :3Just now I've finished the campaign (Legendary difficulty... never knew how many things can one-shot you) and I'm really happy with this game, the cinematics were great -- the beginning and ending ones especially. But I won't say anything else to spoil :PAnd nooooowwww for Multiplayer.

Likes: The game. Pre-Order 'skins' are actual armor pieces. Nice. DMR is so _______ good (use your imagination). Terminals. Cut-Scenes. Ending. I could go on. Fact that I got 3 different pre-order bonus's from 3 different stores. :)Dislikes: BR. Are you kidding me? Way underpowered. Or DMR is overpowered. No 1-50 Ranking system. Very displeased. For reals though, game is great. Co-oped campaign on Heroic, going through solo-legendary today. Message me for GT I'll be playing all night (after 5pm est.).Taka

BZPChat

^ Actually the DMR is more powerful. If you have accurate aiming, you can destroy a 1v1 vs a BR even if you are shot first. And although DMR = Long-Mid and BR = Short-Mid, DMR will kill in any situation, as I said, as long as you have good aim.I agree they are still both good, I love my trusty BR. But I can't tell you how many times I've been shot first, then fired back and won the duel with my DMR. Plus the horrid BR sound is horrid... They should have stuck with the Halo 3 sound, or at least created a simlar one. I didn't even know it was the BR till I looked at my Ammo draining 3 at a time.And I agree... The AR sounds amazing.Taka

Edited by Axonn's Fury

BZPChat