Mega Bloks

Rarity

They've always been cheaply made in the past and I still use them for target practice with various firearms.I will admit, however, that I picked up some of the Halo figs at a yard sale by accident and I genuinely enjoy them. I'd never mix them with my Lego collection, (goodness knows that took nearly six years to sort them all out again) but I guess they're well-off enough on their own right. It's always good for Lego to have some competition, even if I won't outright buy anything directly from them.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Mega Bloks gets a lot of flak even though, as far as I can tell, the design quality has improved immensely and the company is probably the most reputable "clone brand". I think they've been pressured to improve by newer "bargain" brands like Best Lock squeezing them out of the discount niche they once occupied. In any case, they seem much better. Looking at the Halo sets (and this is coming from a non-fan of the series), the figure quality looks top-notch, and the molds specialized to one particular function on one particular set are fewer and farther-between than in the brand's past.Mind you, I don't buy Mega Bloks. The parts still fail to approach the quality of LEGO, and the last thing I need is those parts getting mixed in with my "official" collection. Not to mention that while Mega Bloks' themes are some of the best at not being out-and-out knockoffs of LEGO's own, they still fail to excite me. And while they've succeeded at getting some high-profile licenses, many of them (like Halo, Warcraft, etc.) seem to be obtained only because they are licenses LEGO themselves would turn down. But I maintain that in the sea of modern clone brands, Mega Bloks is probably the best of the bunch.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Don't really have an opinion on them yet.Are they compatible with Lego bricks?
Some of them are. But they won't fit together well.
A lot of the old ones fit together perfectly, like the ones from that old tank set (Forgot the name). I still use lots of the pieces from that set.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Only Mega Bloks element I've ever found useful is a interestingly printed trans-red plate. Every piece I have is from large ebay lots where they got mixed in with the Lego Bricks. I usually separate them from my Lego collection whenever I can.

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

A Mega Bloks thread in a Lego forum. That's asking for it. :)I have a few MB sets from like 5 years ago or so - they seem to be lower-quality than LEGO's in general; the pieces don't stick together as well, the colors aren't as vibrant, etc... LEGO doesn't have a Halo line though (I overheard some LEGO Store employee give the reason that Halo is a M-rated game, but then, what about some of the Indiana Jones films?).

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

A Mega Bloks thread in a Lego forum. That's asking for it. :)I have a few MB sets from like 5 years ago or so - they seem to be lower-quality than LEGO's in general; the pieces don't stick together as well, the colors aren't as vibrant, etc... LEGO doesn't have a Halo line though (I overheard some LEGO Store employee give the reason that Halo is a M-rated game, but then, what about some of the Indiana Jones films?).
PG-13 =/= MDid Lego ever have a chance at the Halo sets or did Microsoft and Bungie just go straight to MB?

i just realized they don't make NEO Shifters anymore.Oh well, those guys were pretty cool. I got only one and his light-up eye thing stopped working after activating it twice.And he fell apart after a while.RIP COZMA::TORShame that they couldn't have been better quality = they looked so cool!

. .

<--- kfghdjkfhdgmn;

I never hated megabloks as much as a lot of lego fans (although I never liked recieving them for a present instead of Lego Bricks), and the almost religous levels to which some take their "lego purism" has long annoyed me. Ex. on some fansites, megabloks is actually used as a stand in for certain swear words, which is just plain ridiculous IMO. Nevermind the fact that Megabloks is the only company that has ever offered TLG healthy competition, and that (arguably) if they hadn't existed, TLG wouldn't have needed to pull themselves out of their Dark Ages - meaning fans would have had to endure a lot more experimental rubbish like Galidor, NBA/Hockey, and what have you.Also, Megabloks Halo looks quite good. There's probably more purple in that one line than in the entire Lego product history. And Starcraft looks like its going to be great as well. As long as Lego exists, I hope Megabloks is there keeping TLG from becoming a monopoly. Because if that were to happen, I think we all would have to be fearful of Lego's future.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

The mega bloks halo is honestly, really detailed and good quality.all the sets are good in mind kids can be rough with toys and megabloks if built well, are stronger then lego.EDIT: plus, mega bloks make really useful pieces.

Edited by Raiden: Toa of Storms

Mega Bloks are a conspiracy formed by the organization C.O.O.L.D.U.D.E. It is a secret what it stands for, and their primary objective is to overthrow the best children's toys in the world by manufacturing low-quality knockoffs and inferior sets with overly specialized parts, in hopes of bankrupting and replacing major organizations, giving C.O.O.L.D.U.D.E. a lot of power in the world's economy, and Mega Bloks is the Lego knockoff, and the boxes contain subliminal messages that will make you want to quit Lego and buy more C.O.O.L.D.U.D.E. products.Also, the Neo-shifters break and they don't transform properly. And instead of set designers finding creative solutions and good designs, they make specialized parts that will not be useful elsewhere.

aouROFb.png

Mega Bloks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was awesome when I was little.'Cuz I watched the 2003 TMNT Show when I was really young.EDIT: Anybody remember Xevoz? You had to be around the North to get them (I think. I'm not sure, but they DID have a fan Gallery and most of them were from Michigan.)

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

I used to have a few TMNT MBs! Loved those things. :P

Mega Bloks are a conspiracy formed by the organization C.O.O.L.D.U.D.E. It is a secret what it stands for, and their primary objective is to overthrow the best children's toys in the world by manufacturing low-quality knockoffs and inferior sets with overly specialized parts, in hopes of bankrupting and replacing major organizations, giving C.O.O.L.D.U.D.E. a lot of power in the world's economy, and Mega Bloks is the Lego knockoff, and the boxes contain subliminal messages that will make you want to quit Lego and buy more C.O.O.L.D.U.D.E. products.Also, the Neo-shifters break and they don't transform properly. And instead of set designers finding creative solutions and good designs, they make specialized parts that will not be useful elsewhere.
Haters gonna hate. cool.png

I used to be like the majority of people here with the opinion of "OH MEGABLOCKS R SO DUMB THERE CHEEP Lego Bricks KNOCKOFFS"... until I actually bought one. Granted, it was the Halo Falcon, and Halo is the highest-end of Mega Bloks products, but still. While I don't necessarily prefer them to Lego, these things have really good quality. The minifigures use balljoints and have pretty great articulation. Plus, there are those awesome swirled-color bricks and really cool painted parts. Oh, and the price for value is a bit better.All I'm saying is don't knock 'em till you try 'em, guys.

I loved MB's Dragon line from way back. It was so awesome. (Dragons!). The newer Dragon sets don't really captivate me at all.I bought a NEO Shifter over four years ago and it's still in good condition. Its eye works and everything. There are some loose parts and a couple others I lost, but it's a good toy. Mega Bloks really isn't that terrible.

AXKP5KC.png

i don't hate mega bloks. i can' say i would take them over lego sets. what i' don't really care for is Hasbro's version. here's why: OK so anyone who knows anything about tfs will know what a knockoff is for the purposes of this explanation (i hope).but anyway if you don't a KO is a cheaply made copy (usually) of a preexisting transformer. usually of far inferior quality. so as i see it they are being incredibly hypocritical, because well, the kre-o blocks are Lego blocks with a few minor changes. no real design changes. with a few new elements. i think that's wrong. a little competition is okay. but come on. and i have some from both those. so i know.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group