Waves Of The South

[GameMaster]In Location: Traders Guild, Guildmasters OfficeNPCs ~ SarilliaSarillia was visibly showing that she was uncomfortable with anyone other than her being in that room, but was able to understand there was little choice in the matter. She hired an investigator, she needed to let him investigate. Or, rather, forced an investigator to do as she said. For her, it was the same thing."What was stolen? Mostly small trinkets of inverse worth, and a few experimental weapons. One was a prototype from Nynrah called a... zah-mor? Zeh-vor? I don't know, some sort of sphere launcher. Pretty much useless, since it can't shoot anything weighing more than hollow glass. A few other strange items like it, some of which actually worked. The only thing of the sort they didn't steal was my staff. Thankfully, they left the design schematics and Kanoka disks I bought from... you don't need to worry about that.""Honestly, it looked like they just stole anything small and valuable, or just interesting to look at - and valuable."Meanwhile, the crescent moon proved to be absolutely useless with identification. Unlike paint, which felt different than the actual wall as it was placed on top of it, this actually seemed as if it was the wall. It wasn't like graffiti, it was just... the wall. Like natural markings on a stone.OOC: Hopefully that explains to everyone why nobody uses Zamor Sphere Launchers.Also, if anybody can identify the name of the book series that inspired the whole 'leaving a mark behind' with the thief, that would be cool. Show of hands... anyone?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Alfon (Sakrinil)Though when Lesvera turned to face me, she found no trace of me whatsoever, looking around but to no avail. In response, my Volitak had already been activated, masking my presence with near perfect transparency and the muffling of every sound I made. Despite that all that remained was my shadow, spotting me would be extremely unlikely. Her slight bemusement made me laugh, though no one was aware of it.My scarf helped keep out the chemical odours but there was only so much it could do. It smelled pretty bad and I can only imagine what the others are experiencing.

OOC: I might have heard of a book series like that in passing. Although to be honest, there are a lot of stories where a thief will leave behind a calling card or a mark. :PIC (Traders Guild HQ): Quorvex then pulled out a small metal needle and attempted to scratch some of the moon's 'material' off of the wall. When that failed, he grabbed a small hammer and chisel and prepared to knock a chink out of the wall. He wanted to see if the mark extended farther into the wall or only on the surface. Additionally, he wanted something to compare to the other marks that he suspected that he would be finding.As he raised his hammer he asked, "So are there any immediate suspects that I should know about?"IC (Sakrinil): Lesvera snorted, then turned back to the door and took a deep breath. She knocked on the door several times and waited. She was soon greeted by a worker, most likely a Matoran, who slide open a small metal window and asked, "Yeah?""Would Stalva be available?" Lesvera asked, "We would like to speak to her about a buisness proposition."

Edited by Tafu

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

OOC: It's not an uncommon thing. Though the book I'm thinking of has it as only a minor thing, with the actual thievery only being done in the second act of the first book. Everything else is exposition or killing things.[GameMaster]In Location: Traders Guild, Guildmasters OfficeNPCs ~ Sarillia"Not that I can think of - nobody should be able to do this other than a rogue Toa, though. And even then... it doesn't explain the use of so many abilities. I don't buy the myths and legends you natives pass around with each other, but some of the merchants are saying it's that ancient thief Midnight. But I don't need stories - I need facts."OOC: Oh, and the mark extends another inch into the wall.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: A thunderstorm moved in suddenly so I had to unplug my internet connection.IC (Traders Guild HQ): Quorvex eventually succeeded in removing a small piece of the wall, which he then placed in one of the pockets on his long-coat and took note of the depth of the mark. He then turned to face the room at large and started to look for any possible entrances to the room from the outside; access tunnels, air ducts, really large windows with pieces of wire sticking out of the locks.As he scanned the room the Matoran asked, "So what is this Midnight supposed to be capable of?" Quorvex didn't put much stock into myths and legends either, but he did believe in the individuals who liked to copy the characters in those stories in order to throw investigators off their trail. From what he had seen so far a Toa could have possible done it, but he had never heard of a mask that allowed its user to teleport. However, the strange mark could have been done by a Toa of stone...OOC: Just checked on Biosector01. I found out that only two Olmaks have ever been created. Unless you want to change that Lev.

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Lol Olmak. I could give you a possible proposition for how an Olmak could be used -The Brotherhood of Makuta came down south for the sole, express purpose of gaining the Olmak that they possess in canon, which they know is currently in the possession of a certain individual.But lol Olmak.[GameMaster]In Location: Traders Guild, Guildmasters Office"I have no idea." Sarillia replied, throwing up her hands. "All I know is that they were supposedly a master thief who could never be caught. You'd have to talk to one of the sages, or something - the only stories I'm involved in are ones that make people look bad. Or make me look good."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Evex - Effrah - DocksAt Song's call, Evex leapt from the ship, dramatically, and landed next to her, not quite as gracefully. A few people turned there heads, one or two gripping their swords, expecting him to proceed to kill them all and eat their flesh. "What is it?" he asked, ignoring the stares.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

OOC: Hey, back off. You mentioned Toa and the only mask that I know of that can let them teleport is the Olmak, so what else am I supposed to look toward (as a player, not the character)?IC (Traders Guild HQ): Quorvex continued to look around the room for any possible means of entry. He also glanced at the strange devices and weapons, trying to see if they were connected by any common trait, such as size or apparent function."So what were you doing prior to this incident occuring?" he asked, "About what time was it when you discovered that the items had been stolen?"

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Lol everything. It's just that's all that she can think of, because she has no experience with anything strange, and doesn't like it - in character, it might be logical, but out of character, other things may be more likely.[GameMaster]In Location: Traders Guild Headquarters, Guildmasters OfficeNPCs ~ Sarillia"I was sleeping." she replied "Something startled me awake at half past midnight and I came here to find... this!"For somebody else, it might seem traumatic. The room, however, was still filled with locked chests and other items, most worth as much as Quorvex's house.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Gaioli (Island between Effrah, Nibar and Dajon)She lay in her 'nest'. The Diox was sunk, she couldn't swim far enough to get anywhere, and she had no other means of transportation. Gaioli was, in a word, marooned, shipwreaked, stuck. She sighed. All she had left was her sword, blaster, slate, chalk and powers. Not enough to get her anywhere. Gaioli turned and watched the sea, with nothing else to do. OOC: Open for interaction. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Zenonia Zenonia stood in front of the Steltian, who was reading from a list which rooms need cleaning. Zenonia, dressed in a black dress (One that many people would not describe with the word 'modest') and an apron, looked as if she wished to rip someone's organs out, and then strangle the Steltian with them. She was so angry, in fact, that she didn't even bother to glare at any of the males who stared at her or wolf-whistled.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC (Traders Guild HQ): "What were you doing before you feel asleep?" Quorvex asked, "Were there any other employees in the building at the time? And I'll probably need a list of the other merchants that were robbed."None of the chests appeared to be tampered with and he couldn't see any feature that was common in all of the devices left. In all likelihood, the thief or thieves were limited by what they could carry and by what could be concealed easily. He needed more data, and he would start looking for it as soon as he was done questioning Sarillia.

"Don't Panic."

IC (Stalva)"Why yes. I would." A feminine voice cut off the worker's reply. Stalva had exchanged her chemical suit for a more simple set of work clothes. She took a moment to fiddle with the door before opening it. "I am however, unaware of any appointments. Which tells me you don't have one. I'm quite..." She suddenly broke into laughter. "Never mind. I can never get through that with a straight face. Do come in." Stalva gestured towards a nearby hallway.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Stalva's Factory): "Thank you for your time," Lesvera said as she followed Stalva inside. The Toa held open the door for the rest of the party, mainly to give the invisible Alfon a better chance of sneaking inside. When it at least appeared that everyone had made it through, Lesvera walked up next the Steltian business owner."I hope that we aren't taking up too much of your time ma'am," she said.OOC: Thanks for replying so quickly Basilisk.

"Don't Panic."

[GM]IL: Traders Guild HQNPCs ~ Sarillia"Of course there were." she replied. "Janitors. A few secretaries. Guards. As for what I was doing, obviously the necessary paper work to keep this organization running, like I do every single night. As for the other merchants, talk to my secretary. He can provide you with that."OOC: You can roleplay the secretary.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Stalva)Stalva laughed. "Of course not. This breaks up the monotony. Normally the only visitors I get tell me that it's an awful nice factory I have and what a shame it would be if something happens to it. I've had to replace more then a few windows. Sometimes forget to open them before I throw them out." Stalva paused for a moment. "Would you prefer to talk here or in the backrooms?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: KiarakKiarak sat in the open area of the inn, glaring out from under his hat.Zenonia would quickly find that any beings who stared a little too openly, or whistled too loud, would quickly become too tired to do so.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Stalva's Factory): "The backrooms please," Lesvera said, "At the very least so that we have some place to sit down."Things were already going better than the last negotiation. Stalva was reasonably pleasant and appeared to be willing to get her hands dirty. Then a thought suddenly struck her.She turned to the visible members of the party and said, "Everyone, I think it might be best if I spoke with Stalva alone. We don't want to crowd her."Of course, Lesvera wasn't speaking to Alfon...

"Don't Panic."

IC (Stalva)"Very well." Stalva led the way to one of the backrooms, this one was the same break room where she had chatted with the rogue Toa or night or so before this meeting. She chose one of the centermost tables and pulled out a seat for her visitor before taking a seat herself. Putting on her most pleasant grin, Stalva motioned for her visitor to sit down. "Now, what I can do for you? So long as you aren't working for that blasted guild, I'm certain we can do business."

IC (Stalva's Factory): Lesvera took a seat opposite Stalva and glanced around the room, checking to see that all of the doors were shut and that there weren't any obvious places for someone to hide (who weren't invisible)."I feel that I should clear up one thing first," Lesvera began, "You are the same Stalva who might be... sympathetic towards Toa who might not be a member of either the Council or the Order, correct?"

"Don't Panic."

IC (Stalva)"A dangerous assertion. But yes, I am. I have little love for the Toa Council or for the Order." Stalva's eyes narrowed for a second. "If you have been sent to arrest me, I'm quite afraid you'll find me to be more of a challenge then some of the soft traders in the guild."

IC (Stalva's Factory): "I can assure you that that isn't the case," the Toa said as she lowered her robe's hood for the first time that day, "My name is Lesvera and as you can guess, I belong to neither of those organizations. I'm a member of a group that wishes to sail towards the south in search of ore-rich islands in order to collect the reward that the Alliance is offering. All we need is a ship, or enough money to purchase a ship and hire any remaining sailors. We were hoping that you be able to help us."There, just enough truth to get her to trust us, but not enough that she immediately wants to throw us out a window...

"Don't Panic."

IC (Stalva)"Hm. An interesting idea. I will not provide my capital for free you understand, while I sympathize with your situation...Hm. I will provide the funding and in exchange, we split the profits fifty-fifty. I expect to make a tidy profit off of this. I can need all the money I can to stand against the guild. Repairs aren't cheap and my workers, what workers I can find, are paid very well, lest they decide it is not worth the trouble. Are these terms acceptable?"

IC (Stalva's Factory): 'That was... disturbingly easy...'"We split the profits fifty/fifty, my group is allowed to keep the ship as well, and you may have all the credit for finding the ore deposits," Lesvera said, "I can't guarantee the amount of profit that this voyage will make, but I can tell you that the prestige that you'll earn will be enough to make the Traders Guild hesitant about twisting your arm again. And you'll be known as the one who succeeded where Guild failed. Would that work?"OOC: I should also wait for a bit so Wade has a chance to react to this conversation.

"Don't Panic."

IC: ZenoniaHaving taken note of every room that needed cleaning, Zenonia began carrying her cleaning supplies towards the stairs, pausing only when she recognized Kiarak. She mouthed the words 'follow me' and then began to climb the stairs, tucking her supplies under one arm.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Alfon (Sakrinil)No matter how many times I've done it, sneaking around invisibly never gets old however I didn't waste my time fooling around with the workers, instead following Lesvera and Stalva into the back room without being noticed successfully. I positioned myself along the wall facing Stalva's back, my shadow blending in with those of the room. I listened in to the conversation, pleased that such a simple deal came easy, actually allowing us to keep fifty percent of the profits instead of none at all. Looks like I will be making some money. Kaladin will be happy to hear that.I don't really care about the credit so the Steltian getting it is fine by me. Don't need any more fame as it and if this'll get me a ship plus a sweet side of the deal, I'm not going to complain. Personally, affairs of the Guild don't interest me, nor do they really affect me. Good work, Lesvera.

OOC: A bit too much, Krayzikk. :PIC: Zenonia When Zenonia reached the second floor, she began to speak. "Sorry about that. I'm not allowed to talk when I'm working. Had to get out of sight." Zenonia said, pausing to check a piece of paper for room numbers, and then unlocking one of the rooms and stepping inside. Soon, she was cleaning, using the many cleaning supplies with obvious difficulty.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Zenonia "I've lived in worse." Zenonia said quietly. "You know, what happened last night." Zenonia started to say, noticing the awkwardness level of the room rise. "I was still suffering from a hangover. I wasn't thinking straight. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, is going on with us. I hope you didn't think there was something, but just to make sure, there isn't."

pNNgXax.jpg