Waves Of The South

IC: Alfon (Sakrinil)As soon as I helped the little guy up, a voice came from behind me, commending me for my actions. Of course, my natural genius must shine through with my every action! This guy knows what he's talking about."I could say the same for you, jumping off buildings like that, hmm? Name's Alfon, handsome explorer extraordinaire at your service." I declared, holding out my hand with a welcoming smile. "With me, you can always expect stuff of this sort to happen. Follow at your own detriment or gain, you'll either have a blast or end up in prison or worse."Funnily enough, I kinda just escaped jail...good riddance, I hated sitting in my own pee and vomit. Or my inmate's. Nasty stuff. Glad I took a shower or else this guy would be pulling a marathon on me and boy, I would hate to mess up on my first conversation out of prison.

IC: After the being had left, Cadrhon pulled the chain. To his astonishment, the wall peeld away. He hesitated before going in, as he still ahd no idea who the mysterious female was. Many questions still rang in his mind. Who was the being that had come? Why did he choose him? Why was there a passage in the wall fo his cell? After accumulating the courgae to go in, he slowly entered, and came to a steep stairway leading down. After a short pause, he walked down slowly, not wanting to make a false move. As he descended the staircase, he thought of what might lie ahead, wishing he had his Hau. Soon, he reached the end of the stairway, an came into an old tunnel, which was mostly empty. He walked slowly through the tunnel, his hand always near his battle axe. He kept walking, passing several turns in the tunnel, and a slight descent. Soon after, he reached a sharp bend, and the tunnel widened after the turn, to a width about twice that of the normal tunnel. What he saw was not a welcoming sight. A Kuma-Nui blocked the path, guarding adead Toa. It was currently loking in a different direction, which gave him time to rush back around the bend, to plan his next move. He waited several seconds before going around the turn again, and when he did, the Kuma-Nui was looking right at him. The Kuma-Nui then began to charge, its mouth ready to snap Cadrhon's spine like a toothpick. Cadrhon, seeing his danger, quickly lunged to the side, and the Kuma-Nui ran pat him. However, in its passage, it had lashed out with its claw at Cadrhon, which sent him flying away from the direction Cadrhon had come, causing large bruises on his entire body, and probably several broken ribs. Cadrhon, knowing that the way he had come from had been blocked, and that the Kuma-Nui would pursue him if he ran, was left with no other option. He drew his battle axe. This was when he knew his strength was going to come in handy. As the Kuma-Nui charged at Cadrhon again, Cadrhon swung his battle axe at the roof of its mouth, putting his full strength into the blow.OOC: I'll post the rest in another post.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: (Sakrinil) -"Er-Thank you," Kaladin said to Alfon as he clambered to his feat. He nodded in greeting at the Prime and then the Toa of Air. "I'm Kaladin, General Practitioner. Forgive me for being so blunt, but would either of you happen to know of anyone seeking to employ a doctor?" The Ga-Matoran frowned as he spoke. " I am currently unemployed. and would like to change that soon, if at all possible."

IC: Alfon (Sakrinil)A doctor? It looks like my luck has changed! Finally! Do you have any idea how much this guy would come in handy with all my adventures? I get pretty roughed up often and he'd probably have a pair of tweezers to pull out those darn splinters. Visibly beaming, I quickly shook the leafy green Toa's hand before shifting half of my attention to Doc Kaladin."I'm not quite sure Doc but if you'd like, stick around me. I go exploring frequently, solo usually and I get to meet a bunch of people. I'm sure we'd be able to find you a a place to work at or if you want, I could employ you right now as my personal doctor. Of course, your life is at risk so no hard feelings if you're not up to it. On the other hand, you'd be missing the time of your life."That's right, Alfon. Be the salesman.OOC: I'm debating whether I want to get him a ship.

IC: Keran | SakrinilKeran's grin was undiminished. "I can so totally live with that," he said happily before turning his attention to the curious Matoran closer to the ground. Some small, beleaguered part of his brain that did actual thinking proposed the conundrum that this one's coloration clearly marked him as Ga-Matoran, but all Ga-Matoran were universally female. Or so he'd been told. He knew there were Ga-Matoran back on his old island and they were all female, and all the water Toa he'd met were too. He mulled this over for all of half a second, then returned his attentions to here and now, where it would probably be rude to ask. Also in the present, it seemed the conversation had progressed without him. He hurriedly caught up as best he could. "You're going exploring soon? I could definitely get behind that. Wait, it's not on a ship, is it? Man, I like the sea as much as the next guy, but there is nothing to do on a ship. Actually in this town the next guy's probably a sailor, so I guess I don't- Nevermind. Point is I like running around and finding stuff too!"^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Alfon"Did I mention explorer extraordinaire? I'm not famous but I'm close to it with my popularity in the region. Doing several odd jobs for most of my life and selling some old relics I find pays pretty well if you're consistent and don't spend a lot of money. Which fits my bill pretty well." I said, feeling as if I was forgetting something. Oh yeah, now I remember. "My point being, I have some wicked savings. Payment will not be a problem my friend."El Cheapo... I turned back to the Toa of air...or plant-life and gave him a mischievous grin. "Well to get around, there's going to be some sailing involved but not in abundance so it shouldn't be too much of a bother. Don't worry, I'm not a fan of staying in one spot for too long so we'd be hopping around quite a bit, keep things fresh." That means a lot of hitch-hiking. "But I'm glad to see you're interested. Tell me, what's your name, friend?"OOC: By foot it is.

IC: Keran | Sakrinil"Keran," answered Keran, extending his fist in greeting. "I'm a leafrunner. Well, I was, not a lot of trees around here. Turns out buildings, rocks, most things work pretty well. I just like a bit of altitude and plenty of jumps to keep things interesting. I can climb, leap or run anywhere." He grinned even more broadly as Kaladin confirmed his part in this newly-formed party. Sounded to him like he'd finally found something to occupy his time.The fact that it was supposed to be occupied with actual Toa work didn't even cross his mind. ^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: AlfonI extended my fist as well, both of ours bumping together, a symbol of our new partnership. Keran, eh? Looks like a nice guy and his skills will come in handy. I'll have him create a draft when things get too hot."Pleasure to meet you, Keran. Glad to have you on board, as well as you, Kaladin. Mind if we hit a bar real quick? I haven't had a drink in ages and I'd also like to see if there's any juicy information flying around." I inquired, licking my dry lips. It'd be good to get to know each other a bit more too.

IC: Keran | Sakrinil"Sounds good to me," Keran agreed. "Haven't checked out the local establishments yet. I've just been so busy with Toa stuff."..."Okay, yeah, I've been running. But the buildings are just perfect for it, y'know? Anywho, I'm parched. Any good spots around here?"^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: AlfonThat last comment made me laugh. I like this guy already, pretty easy-going and funny. At his question, I shrugged, my memory not quite reliable at the moment. Man, it's been too long since I've been around Sakrinil."I'm not sure but lets find out, shall we?" I suggested, already walking. As we searched, I tried to stray not too far from the docks as most sailors were prone to get a drink at the nearest bar and therefore, most information passed by there. "What do you think of that one?" I asked then pointed at a snazzy-looking place. "Drinks on me."

IC: Keran | SakrinilThe Toa of Air nodded happily, beckoning to Kaladin to come along. "You coming, doc?" He asked. "I don't know about you, but I never turn down a free drink."^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)Seeing the matter settled, I bounded off happily into the bar known as the Takea Tankard, a pretty popular place now that I recall correctly. Even for this time of the day, the place was pretty full with a few passed out drunks from the other night. I shuffled over to the bar, waiting for the bartender to turn around and take notice."I'll have a cold beer or whatever speciality you carry around here. Say, any noteworthy news fluttering about? I'm not quite in the loop of things." I asked, reaching into my pouch for a few widgets and waiting for the others to make their order as well.OOC: Lev, mind playing as the bartender or do you mind if I just go along with the scenario? I'm also off for the night. I'll see you all tomorrow.

OOC: I'll take the bartender, whose name shall not be revealed.[GM - NPC]IC: Bartender ~ Takea TankardsThe bartender was a Prime of Carapars species, and a diminutive one at that, standing barely taller than a Toa. His armor was black and green, and while he carried no weapons, a spear could be seen hanging on the wall above and behind him, just within reach. He wore no mask."Bit early in 'da mornin fer' news en a drink, now ain't et?" he replied as he finished wiping down the table before him, tossing the filthy rag into a pile on the floor with the others.He took one of the bars signature mugs from down below, the design of a Takea imprinted on it, and went to the tap to fill it to the brim with the frothy brew. "There's yer' beer, though yer' gonna need to show me the goods before the special. 30 widgets o'erall, 35 if ye' want sum o' da gossep on top."OOC: Is there anything particular you want him to do/tell you, Mr. Wade?No more accent afterwards, that's just so you understand he's got an accent.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Sakrinil / At the Docks, for the moment / IC:Villy took a deep breath of the sea air, coughing as a bad smell invaded her soothing breathing. She looked over her shoulder to see a large Toa enjoying a thoroughly burnt meal. She crinkled her face and smiled politely at him as he caught her eye.The shipyard was busy as usual, and new faces were everywhere. Like that doctor she had overheard before he had walked away with two others. And still more seemed to be trying to secure a ship for themselves. Villy mulled over whether she should go over to talk with one of them when another member of the Coast Guard waved a hello. She waved back and the Toa came over to her.She didn’t remember his name; he must have been one of the new recruits. “What’s going on today, Villy?” he asked as he arrived, checking his equipment was in order before he continued on with his work.Villy laughed and smiled, “I was just asking myself that very same question. I guess we’ll both find out soon enough. Now, go off and keep the docks safe.” She shooed him away with her hands and they exchanged a fist bump before he continued on to his destination, wherever it may be.Sighing, Villy scratched at the back of her head. Nothing jumped out at her yet that just screamed adventure. Well, next was a swim. Moving forward, Villy meandered down the docks, taking her own sweet time; sometimes stopping to observe ship crews loading or unloading.Being on a ship itself wasn’t freedom, in fact it was rather restricting. So, Villy couldn’t just join any crew. She needed to find a captain that had vision and a dream. Now that would be an adventure she couldn’t pass up.All those around her just did their rounds, loading and unloading, going from one place to the next over and over again. It was all so monotonous. And yet, they were on the sea, and the sea offered a challenge land did not. Villy hummed to herself. Yes, the sea was an adventure in and of itself.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

OOC: Yeah, the news concerning the BoM agent in Ampora and the clipper ship Star of the South. Thanks.IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)Good, this guy had some information for me at a pretty cheap price compared to many informants I've seen. Yet at the moment, I was most excited for my cold, frothy beer, staring at it the eyes of a parched man. Getting a grip, I snapped myself out of my daze before the Prime could make a smart remark, pulling out 45 widgets then placing them on the counter. People were more likely to give you the more juicy information the better you paid. It's also in my nature to be a likeable guy."I think this'll do, hmmm?" This was a statement, not a question. "Kaladin, Keran, order up."

IC: The Kuma-Nui charged at Cadrhon. Seeing his danger, he lunged his axe with his full strenght at the roof of its mouth. The blow hit, causing it to bleed profusely. During his strike, Cadrhon had lunged to the side, narrowly missing the Kuma-Nui, which ran past him, blood gushing from its mouth. Cadrhon, seeing his advantage, stuck at the Kuma-Nui again, this time at its side. He barely hit, but the blow only served to anger the Rahi, which turned and charged again. Cadrhon, knowing that another blow would probably kill him, and in pain from the previous blow, ran to the side, knowing his life depended on winning. As the Rahi came at him and swung its claw, Cadrhon swung his axe at the claw as it was flying toward him, causing a deep gash in its arm. The injured Rahi growled, and turned again at him, running at full speed. Cadrhon, knowing this was his last chance, swung his axe up at its throat, in a blow that would almost certainly be lethal if it hit. The Kuma-Nui chaged inot the axe, and it went deep into his throat. It began bleeding profusely, slowing his charge and going past Cadrhon. It roared in pain, before falling to the ground, never to get up again. Cadrhon strode over to where it lay, to strike the final blow on the dying Rahi. He plunged his axe deep into its body, killing the Kuma-Nui. After killing the Rahi, Cadrhon strode over to the dead toa, and noticed that it had a Hau exactly like his. Though he hated taking things from the dead, he decided that it was in his best interest to tak the mask, and he put it on. He tested the mask, and it still worked, much to his surprise. He then walked quickly out of the area he had fought the Rahi, not wanting to stay too long. He continued walking through the tunnel, looking for the way out.OOC: To be continued in another post.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, Shipyards, Near the Azure ThunderDoriana slumped in defeat and embarrassment, "Maybe that's a good idea..."Checking the grounds for anyone who looked like they were the sea-faring type, before catching sight of a female Toa of Lightning (Song) passing by. She called out, "Excuse me, ma'am? Do you know who the captain of this ship, the Azure Thunder, is?"OOC: Gah, curse you Kray, you ninja!IC: [Dralack Illu] - Sakrinil, Castle Sakrinil"Mr. Dralack Illu, of Illu & Co.," the Vortixx said with a small bow, "I was wondering if you could help me, sir."-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Song"If you're looking for me because of three counts of aggravated assault on five Toa and two Skakdi three years ago, I know nothing about it."Song announced, two feet from Doriana. "Captain Song, at your service."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, ShipyardsDoriana ignored the Captain's suspiciously specific denial, before replying, "Pleasure to meet you captain. I'm Toa Doriana, and this is..."Gesturing towards Arkrak, she winced, realizing that she didn't actually know his name yet.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Sakrinil): Lesvera slowly walked along one of Sakrinil's numerous alleys, her brown robe covering as much as possible with her hood up. Along with her usually assortment of weaponary she carried a small pouch filled with widgets that she had removed from a Matoran criminal who had recently mugged another Matoran a few blocks back. Said theif was now laying unconsious behind some crates across the street.The Toa was starting to become desperate. She wanted to head as far south as possible, but few merchant ships were willing to go past the edges of the map. She had been searching for an exploration vessel for awhile, but trying to find one willing to recruit 'rogue' Toa without actually asking someone had been next to impossible. Lesvera had heard rumors of some buisness owner that was smuggling Toa out of the city, but she only considered that option a las resort if things suddenly turned sour. While still still trying to think of some other options she passed in front of a bar, one Takea Tankards.She faintly remembered the place; it was a spot where vagly suspicious individuals could move around unnoticed, but you weren't likely to lose your coin purse if you just wanted a drink. Seeing few other options, Lesvera entered. It was still early morning and the tavern was reletivly empty. There were three individuals, a Toa and Matoran she didn't recognize, but the white and blue Prime she knew by reputation. Alfon, a self-described explorer who had a good reputation with some of the locals. Lesvera had always viewed him as one of those beings who had more ego than actual skill, but he wasn't affiliated with the Coucil or the Order. If he had a vessel, then he was her best ticket out of the city.However, the Prime was chatting with the bartender, so Lesvera slide back toward the shadows, waiting for a chance to approach.

Edited by Tafu

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: SongSong raised her eyebrow. "Unfortunately, we won't be going back to Yheyn for a while yet. In fact, we're picking up supplies on our way to Dajon." A devious smirk played across the corners of her lips. "Also unfortunately, for you, very few ships come to Effrah. Too little here to justify the stop.""Otherwise, you would have sought out a ship you already knew. Am I right?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Zenonia, Sakrinil CafeSeeing as her last question was really quite unanswerable, and no one rose to unspoken challenge, Zenonia changed the subject."Kiarak," She said, refering to the Prime by his name for the first time yet, "Do you know of any place that is hiring? I've seen a few adds for barmaids and waitresses, but for some reason, those don't appeal to me."

pNNgXax.jpg

[GameMaster]IC: Guard Lieutenant ~ Castle Sakrinil"Probably not," the lieutenant replied. "But go ahead."IC: Bartender ~ Takea TankardsThe Barkeeper let out a grin as he swept the widgets off the table and into a small bag on the other side of the counter. He reached down, and took out another mug, and a bottle that seemed to still have ice growing on it labeled Sunset Surprise, the label displaying a giant Takea biting a small fishing boat in two during a beautiful sunset. He poured about a third of the bottle into the one glass and set it with the other."Yeah, I've heard a few things. There's posters all over the city that Governor Vamden has had posted - travel south, past Dajon, and find a new ship so we can get people in Frumus and Kantis employed again. Personally, I think he just wants to shut the rebellion up and make a small profit doing it. Anyways, he's offering a bunch of the profits from the discovery of a suitable island as the reward, along with this clipper.... Star of the South, I think she's called. Said that you can make the run to Dajon in a few hours - talk about speed.""Also heard a little something more. Up north, in Ampora, there's said to be a ship docked from the Brotherhood of Makuta themselves. And they keep coming south! Imagine that - a real, live Makuta.""That wall over there," he said, gesturing to a board near the entrance of the tavern. "Has a bunch of wanted posters and the like as well. A few things offering people to do jobs. Just simple stuff like that."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Kiarak"Not that I know of." Kiarak sighed. "Work's been rather scarce for a while now. I'm down to my less savory jobs."Kiarak smiled slightly. "As much as I would love to see you being a barmaid, you could always work with me for a while. I should have a job rather soon. And if we get really desperate, we could check for bounties."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Alfon (Takea Tankard)I snagged both mugs and set them down in front of me, eagerly lifting the one filled with regular beer and downing it within a matter of seconds. A bit of froth clung to my lips so I licked it off, savouring every little bit of the savoury drink. How refreshing! Who knew beer could taste so good? With that one out of the way, I started for the other but relented, feeling that I should slow down. I pulled my hand away, taking time to digest the information I was just told."A Makuta, you say? That's certainly fascinating." I said with awe. I've never seen one before so I would love to meet hi- her- it, whatever. I wonder what it's here for. "In Ampora? Northern Yheyn Island?"Money for discovering a suitable island? A clipper too? Things couldn't help but turn out in my favour, could they? I'd keep it in mind and would definitely get to it if he had the chance. That Brotherhood agent was top priority at the moment.

Edited by Mr. Wade

IC: Zenonia"So that you can prove my point?" Zenonia said, actually laughing for the first time in the evening. It was, thankfully, not an annoying, tittering laugh, nor was it a deep one, complete with snorts and wheezes. It was fair and balanced, hearty yet soft, and above all, attractive. The cafe's other residents turned their heads in surprise, wondering who was making such a sound.

pNNgXax.jpg

[GameMaster]IC: Bartender ~ Takea Tankards"Yheyn island? Pfft. You been sleeping for the last twenty thousand years? Ampora is our closest neighbor in the Southern Alliance, almost a full week away, and much larger than we are. Second largest island of all thirteen. Lovely place, I hear, but not very good combatants - their major cities are named after Dreams, Music, and Crafts, if you would believe it. Still, they're the ones Vamden sold the rights to mining in those small islands a few days travel north of us."The bartender went back to his work of wiping up the table where a (previously) unruly patron had spilled half of his drink when he passed out. "No idea why a Makuta would ever wanna come down here, though. Probably bad for his Makuta reputation, if they care."OOC: Ampora is the only island I have a full color map for, along with finished city and environmental descriptions. Probably not going to be used. Probably.It's a full week north of Yheyn, and as stated is significantly larger. It's about....Somewhere between the size of Kansas and Nebraska.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: [Doriana Calam] - Effrah, ShipyardsDoriana grimaced, "That... complicates matters somewhat.""How long do you plan to stay in Dajon?"IC: [Dralack Illu] - Sakrinil, Castle SakrinilDralack grunted with some disapproval, but continued, "Earlier this evening, my apprentice woke me, showing me that many of our pieces of merchandise in our shop had been stolen. Many smaller pieces, to be fair, but the loss has been great. I was hoping you might be able to help me find whoever committed his crime."-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Dridak - SakrinilA lone figure garbed in a hooded cloak with a scarf covering his face wandered the streets of Sakrinil, heading in the general direction of a Mansion while avoiding large crowds and authority figures. From whatever information he managed to dig up from Vermillion Dragon members, this place served as an outpost and housed an information broker, or so he was told. Dridak had some questions he'd like answered, here specifically.After a long stroll, the Toa happened upon his destination and appeared comparatively small to its looming stature. He stared at it for a moment, taking in his bearings and making sure no one had followed him before walking up to the door and knocking.OOC: Man with the Hex, if you'd like to interact with Dridak, here he is.
OOC: Sorry it took me so long to respond. Didn't notice the post until you pointed it out in the discussion topicIC: Yowrik had no servants, as they'd rather get in the way of the whole double life thing. Even if he could find people he could trust to keep his secret (a rare commodity these days. He'd killed most of them off because they had secrets about him he'd entrusted them with) there was always the possibility someone from the Council or Order might decide to investigate him and get it out of them by torture. The possibility that either of those organisations wouldn't use torture hadn't even crossed Yowrik's mind.So when someone came a-rapping, tapping at his chamber door, he answered it himself, his Mohtrek concealed within the workings of his wheelchair if he needed it. Opening the door revealed a gaunt figure covered in bandages, "disguised" in robes of teal."I think I can make a guess at who ye be," Yowrik said, "Ye in a hurry, or ya got time for a bottle o' grog?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: SongSong shrugged. "We intend to explore the island. Afterwards, we would likely be going back to Yheyn for supplies." Song's barely present smirk stayed. "And the way I look at it, you don't have many other options."IC: KiarakKiarak laughed with her, before taking a sip of his coffee. "Oh, you wrong me. I intended to show up one day for conversation."

fK5oqYf.jpg