Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: Reaper / Onu-Metru, Lower ArchivesReaper had finally returned to the point where he had left the AI data sphere Ian plugged into an old computer terminal. Imagine his surprise and annoyance when he found the AI missing."Ian." he called out, knowing that the robot would no doubt begin talking upon hearing a voice, if he was still here. If not, well... that would be bad.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC(Steela talking to Aria in the Onu-Metru Archives; heading toward Dark Hunter camp)

"Oh, my life's simply, really," he says to the Toa. "I was born and raised-hehe-here in Onu-Metru. I worked in the archives and-hehe-was payed pretty good for keeping track of the exhibits and doing tours. When everything went to Karz, I stayed here. I became-haha-different!" the Matoran exclaims before laughing more loudly. "But, change is a good thing!" Steela's expression slowly turned more serious as he studied the Ga-Toa. "But, my life is boring, tell me about yourself."-Mef Man

IC: Voramus"Laughing like that will get us killed. Now move!" he said, quickening his pace.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Voramus"Why wouldn't I still be here? I'm the one who recruited you, am I not?" he replied, beginning to sense the Matoran's motives.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC

(Steela talking to Voramus while exiting the Onu-Metru Archives heading toward Dark Hunter camp)

"Are you trying to be scary?" he asks the being, shaking his head. The Matoran places a hand over his mouth as he breaks out into even louder laughter. After controlling himself, Steela replies,"Okay, boss I'll-hehe-keep quiet. For you atleast," the Matoran adds, eyes back to the Toa.-Mef Man

IC: Voramus"You seem to have an interst in that Toa. I'm sure it could be arranged for you to be placed far away from her." he said with a slight laugh.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Knowledge Tower - Ko-Metru"Find anything?" Hahlok demanded, jogging up to Karorahk and peering over the edge at the Rahi clearing away the crystalline remnants of the tower.
IC (Karorahk, Ko-Metru): "Nothing yet" Karorahk replied. "But I doubt anything could have survived that. Two of my rahi were under ther when it fell, and they're crushed to powder and blood. A toa wouldn't have fared any better".

ppg2.png

OOC:

OOC: I'm assuming that with Turano now inside Olzet's zone, he can now see Hualn (who is also in the zone. If Hualn is able to see Turano (in the zone) to keep the sword inside him while he picks up shuriken, then Turano can see Hualn.IC (Turano): Seemingly out of nowhere, Turano got his first look at the Hunter. It looked like an oddly warped Matoran, with claws on its hands and feet. It was clad in green plates from head to toe, which formed a strange sort of exoskeleton. The thing wasn't pretty to look at, but even so, better this than being invisable. He wasn't sure why he could see it now: maybe it had turned off its invisability power, or maybe you just couldn't see it except up close.It moved with incredible speed, picking up its lost weapons from the ground where they had fallen. He watched as the creature regathered three, but when it came for the fourth, Turano was standing over it. He extended his intangible sword until it was sticking through the Hunter's chest, just as it's sword stuck through his. "Drop it" he commanded. "All I have to do is turn off this mask and we both die. Don't think I won't do it - I came to this city expecting death, and it would be worth it to put an end to you murderous scum. Now, drop your weapons or I'll end our lives faster than you can blink. You can live on as a prisoner, or die as a fool, a pawn sacrificed by your masters. Choose quickly... three... two..."Turano's heart raced as he made the countdown. Every instinct he had was telling him to keep up the mask's power, to survive, and in reality he had no intention of switching it off. While his life might be forfeit in this war, he would not lose it here. Numbers were not on the Protectorate's side, so if he were to sacrifice himself, it would be for two of three Hunters, not one. If this Hunter failed to surrender, he would create shards of iron on the end of his sword, right in the middle of Hualn's chest. Even Dark Hunters needed hearts to live, and when this one's was filled with metal spikes, he wouldn't be able to harm any Matoran ever again.
My gosh. It looks like Hualn's overconfidence is actually going to do something.IC: But the Grazonurus had no intention of even slowing when an astral sword was in his chest. He merely continued to run about-though this time, his front was sucking in air with hands and feet expelling it more fiercely.To stop, even for a second, and listen to that warning was something he would not do. He'd seen the blade. He just didn't care.No one wanted to lose their own life. Few toa would be brave enough to pull off that stunt, or to actually do something they didn't preach against in their foolish 'code'. So he figured himself safe to move on. On the other hand, if it really was a bluff, then it probably was beneficial even if he didn't surrender. Like distracting the merc or getting him to stay in one place. A trap like that Hualn did not want to get caught it. And just in case, he would throw a wrench in the face of every probable advantage the toa could hope to gain by the bluff.A lot was changing about Hualn's run. He had further empowered his feet to create more dust devils about the astral toa. He was moving with all speed, but this time his path was irregular and involved more jumps and dashes through the center of the circle. The Grazonurus wasn't even trying to pick up more shuriken.All this work made his presence less traceable. Essentially no sight of the mercenary could be caught in this mad dash, its only constant being that shuriken were held ready to throw at any reforming toa at point-blank. So the toa could almost certainly not get his crosshairs on Hualn to attack him with elemental creation or anything similar.If the toa tried to run, Hualn could still catch on and follow. If he tried to blot out Hualn's sight via a shield, it would be cut through in a matter of seconds. His only option to prevent death seemed to expend large amounts of elemental energy to create an ovalloid structure of iron that pushed out his foe. But even then, the Fe-Toa would be down in power and probably before Hualn...Not to mention that most such structures could be diced in minutes if not seconds.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: Solaris's character, Alia.

IC(Steela talking to Voramus while exiting the Onu-Metru Archives heading toward Dark Hunter camp)

"Mainly distanced fighting with this," Steela says while pointing toward the metal sphere launcher strapped to his back. He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle as he spoke of his weapon. "You don't want this thing against you..."Oh, but I want this thing against you.Steela's creepy laughter began to resonate from within his throat, but the Onu-Matoran kept in the laugh for the most part.-Mef Man

IC(Steela talking to Voramus while exiting the Onu-Metru Archives heading toward Dark Hunter camp)

"And you tell me to keep my voice down," Steela groans upon hearing (what he thought to be) Voramus playing tricks on him. But, unbeknowest to the Matoran, they were being followed by someone far worse than himself...-Mef Man

IC: AliaONU-METRU"I don't think that was..." Alia began, trailing off. Her hearing was average, but she kept everything trained on background noises and Voramus definitely didn't say that.She pulled her bow back out and nocked an arrow."This is why I don't like warzones," Alia muttered. "Ambushes."

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

IC(Steela preparing to attack Vahki in the Onu-Metru Archives)

Steela draws his sphere launcher and faces the darkness. He couldn't help but laugh at their situation."Oh good, an ambush! We get to fight beside each other," he adds, glancing toward the Ga-Toa. "Quite a romantic first date, huh?" The Matoran bursts out into even more laughter.-Mef Man

IC: Solaris, AliaONU-METRUAlia couldn't help but chuckle."Well, then I'm going to have to plan our second date in Ta-Metru," she said.COLISEUMSolaris was still busy dusting off himself. War was really ruining the island. Any other day and everyone in the room would've stopped so that he could get up. He kept cursing under his breath. Apparently a Vahki heard this and gave him a slight jab with one of its staffs.Worst week of his life.So far.

IC: AliaONU-METRUAlia turned around in circles, trying to look further into the darkness, but the torch could only throw off so much light."We're Dark Hunters," she called out. There was a 50/50 chance that would work... or they'd be ripped to shreds with vigor.

IC

(Steela talking to Unit B8-381 in the Onu-Metru Archives)

"Well, my name is Steela, nice to meet you," he whispers, holding his hand out for the Vahki to shake. If the Vahki would shake it. In his other hand, he still held the launcher, just in case.Why won't he give an answer on if he likes the Dee Aitches?-Mef Man

IC: Zacax"Lhikan? Where is he?!" Zacax said kept looking around, the squad might all be dead by now....

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Unit B8-391EveningArchives, Onu-MetruAs both of B8's hands were currently occupied by his staffs of loyalty, the Vahki refrained from shaking Steela's hand. He took three steps back to give Steela space and cast his gaze across the group again before walking brusquely past them and into the distance of the tunnel, back in the direction of the Dark Hunter base.He had access to the surveillance cameras of the Archives, which removed any obligation to keep a watch on the three personally. Dark Hunters, after all, were loyal not as a rule but as an exception.

IC: AliaONU-METRUAlia let out a quiet laugh. Ah, how she had missed this island.COLISEUMSolaris looked around. He couldn't see anyone with a Marine armplate so he exited, going back to the chute station. He was tired. One more ID check and he was flying through the chute, struggling to keep his eyes open.

IC: Voramus quickened his pace, wanting to get back to the Dark Hunter camp soon. Vahki didn't always come to interrogate him, so somehting might be wrong. He walked ahead of the others.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Alia, SolarisONU-METRUAlia noticed Voramus had gone ahead a bit."Careful up there," she called. "Vahki are the least of our problems down here."CHUTESSolaris had officially fallen asleep in the chutes, one of the stupidest things one can do. He woke up a minute later and jumped out of his own accord. Where was he? He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and looked around. Ah, Karz, Onu-Metru. Good thing he jumped out when he did because there was no fighting your way out of a chute station. The Archives entrance was just around the corner. He would hide in a closet until he formed a good plan to get out.

IC (Xeno, Onu-Metru archives): “She’s right, you know,” said Xeno, falling from the ceiling. “You never know what you might find… or what will find you.” He looked the two up and down. “You know, we keep finding matoran wandering around the archives today. I wonder what’s been getting into them. I guess I could just open you up and find out.” He said, with the Xeno equivalent of a nasty smile. OOC: Mef Man, and whoever else is in your group, I'm addressing you. -Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles