Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: Grontak, having been pulled into the chute, nervously went down it, below Ko Metru.OOC: Sorry for the late response.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

OOC: *sigh* I wish people would recall just when they're in the middle of a warzone, and then RP like they are.IC:What the team had failed to realize was that the ground under them was trying to kill them with fire. Literally. Both Cy and Mirual had no time to use their attacks; under Mirual a massive chasm was opening, while a hand of fire grew out of the ground behind Cy, fingers threatening to turn him to ash.
OOC:First off, I had missed that. Secondly, Miraul and team are slightly further back from the fight, so there's a chance that the ground attacks would not affect them. But both are easy enough to block. You should never send fire against an air user, Zar. It's pointless. I would say that you still have to deal with Miraul's weaken shuriken. He threw them using his Kakama, which signifigantly increases the speed of an attack.Therefore he likely had time to throw them.IC:Cy felt an increase in heat behind him, and old instincts flared up from previous fights with annoying fire users. A vaccum wall stood in the path of the fire hand, perventing it's advance. The vaccum expanded, extinguishing the blaze. Miraul felt the ground beneath him shift, and looked down. Seeing the opening gap, Miraul triggered his Kakama, darting to the left. Cy was struck by a Rhotuka as he turned to look at the fire. He was rendered unable to move. Miraul picked up Cy, running towards Vilak's wall. Miraul raised a second solid light wall, protecting them from most potential sniper attacks. Working his way carefully to avoid more ground attacks, Miraul and Cy found their way back to Vilak, replacing his solid light wall as it started to crack under fire from the snipers. "Time to back out. Cy is injured. Fire was more intense than anticpated."OOC: Post again cut short due to time constraints. Will RP Hikari's anti-sniper attack later.Edit :Realized I made a slight slip with how Cy's sheild works, so that is why I changed so he got hit. Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: ZacaxZacax had made it to the top...he was tired..but he had to keep moving, and continued to look around for Lhikan."Lhikan?" Zacax called out as he walked around, "Lhikan we need help!"

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Ayana, Le-MetruAyana grinned slightly in return. It wasn't much of a grin, really more of a mischevious grin, but still, it was something. "Want to try hand-to-hand?" Ayana asked, putting down her Kanabo and Otsuchi. "No masks or with masks, I'm good either way." IC: Darkon, Onu-MetruDarkon slammed his journal shut, having finished writing down his twisted, disturbing thoughts. Sniffing the night air, he calmly watched the world around him from his positon on top of the Onu-Metruian building. OOC: Open for Interaction. Friend or Foe, he's open to it all.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Revax had gone to Onu-Koro, hoping to capture a Dark Hunter. Soon, she saws one [Darkon]. She walked toward him slowly, not wanting to attack until necessary.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Darkon, Onu-Metru (Top of Building)"May I ask," Darkon said slowly, not looking in the direction of Revax, "Why you feel the need to 'sneak' towards me? Are you not copying the style of your enemy, the Dark Hunters?" An improved sense of smell wasn't something most people took into thought when trying to sneak up on an enemy.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Grontak, having been pulled into the chute, nervously went down it, below Ko Metru.OOC: Sorry for the late response.
IC (Krokk and Mala, Ko-Metru): The two Skakdi zipped south in the chute's current. In what would normally be a busy transport pipe, there were almost no other objects flying along beside them. Ko-Metru seemed to have ceased almost all trade with other parts of the city while the inhabitants remained huddled within their fortress. Thanks to the chute's incredible speed, the three soon arrived at Ko-Metru's southern border and entered into Le-Metru.With the extra security of the Protectorate-controlled area, the two Skakdi now had to be extra careful to remain hidden. Mala used her psionic powers to cover the Hunters in a powerful illusion. To any beings or cameras they came across, they would appear to be nothing more than three wooden crates labeled: Memory Crystals. Sent to Vahki Production Centre 6, Le-Metru.

ppg2.png

OOC: Zar, I question his ability to block her blade with his, as it it completely obliterated. :P I don't mind him blocking it somehow, but I doubt his hilt would do much. Could you edit? I'll edit this in return.

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Revax. Revax kept walking toward Darkon. "Don't do anything you'll regret." she said as she proceeded toward him, drawing her sword.IC: GrontakGrontak walked beside Krokk and Mala, nervous about the security in Le-Metru.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: GrontakGrontak walked beside Krokk and Mala, nervous about the security in Le-Metru.
OOC: They're still in the chute, not walking. I'll get them out in this post.IC (Krokk and Mala, Le-Metru): Mala guided the trio through the maze of chutes towards their destination - a factory on the west coast of Le-Metru, not far south of the border with Ko-Metru. The chute dumped them out onto the floor of a loading bay with a rough clunk of wood striking metal. At this time of night, it was deserted, but for a solitary Vorzahk unit. The machine turned its head to inspect the new arrivals, but saw only three crates from Ko-Metru, rather than three deadly hunters.Delivery identified: knowledge crystals.Arrval time: 2134 hoursExpected delivery time: 1000 hoursConclusion: Late delivery. Send to factory floor for use as soon as production recommences.The machine sent a signal to another, and a forklift slid its prongs underneath the three "boxes" and wheeled them away through the factory. Apparently the deception had worked, thanks to both Mala's illusion powers and her pre-planning - she and Krokk had stolen and destroyed the three real crates earlier that day, almost as soon as they had been sent. The robotic forklift set them down in the middle of the factory and then retreated back to where it had come from.All good so far Mala said silently with her thoughts. I'll stay here and maintain the illusion. You two go further in and plant the explosives.OOC: Just to explain, the three illusory boxes are still there, but they are no longer tied to each of the three beings. This means that the boxes will stay in place while the Hunters walk around doing things. They are still under cover of the illusion: anybody looking in will see nothing at all where they are. Thanks to psionic illusions covering all five senses, they will also make no noise.

ppg2.png

IC-Aclaraung:[...]Aclaraung then turned, looking at the Captain that had come out to him, glaring coldly."Did I not say I was not going to be a regular member of your forces?" He growled. "I said I was willing to help, not that I would be explicitly recruited, unlike you seem to think. And still you do not bring out the Turaga. I wonder what happened to the old man, he never was afraid to give anybody his mind, face to face."
GM IC: CaptainEveningOutside Coliseum"Dume has changed," the captain replied. His expression was as stiff as his back. "In these dangerous times, he needs all the protection we can muster. And, for the record, he was the one who suggested you be placed in the air force -- not as a soldier, as a private mercenary. You asked to join our forces and we complied; what more do you want?"

IC: GrontakGrontak had been set in the factory after the Vahki carried them there. "Where do we set the explosives?" he asked, unsure about how to blow up a factory.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC:Miraul told Vilak,"Take Hikari. We should retreat via Kakama." Vilak picked up Hikari, and Miraul continued to carry the immobile Cy. Dropping the solid light barrier, Miraul and Vilak ran off at highspeed, vanishing from sight before snipers or Skakdi could target them. Hikari protected them from ground attacks by animating some of the ground beneath them for a short distance. Two blocks away and around the corner, they ducked into an abandoned Matoran's hut.Safe from fire, Miraul set Cy down on an old bed. "Cy, are you awake? What exactly did that spinner do to you keep you from moving?"Without moving his jaw, Cy spoke through his teeth, and whispered, "It's my joints. Pain in them."Miraul nodded, and switched his mask, putting on the Mask of Conjuring. "Mask power will enable user to undo the effects of Rhotuka spinners. Mask power does not affect the user, and cannot undo death. Program complete." Triggering the power, Miraul laid his hand on Cy's chest, and the pain rapidly began to fade away. Within a minute, Cy's joints were good as new."Thanks." Cy replied gratefully. Miraul turned to address the team as their leader. "We're stuck here for fourteen minutes, so does anyone have any ideas on how to beat these Dark Hunters?"

IC: Ayana, Le-Metru"You seem built for speed as I am for strength." Ayana remarked, glancing at Song while she laid her weapons down. It quite funny that such a frail-looking Toa was one of the strongest out there. "I dare say that if we didn't activate our Kanohi, we would be equals."IC: Darkon, Onu-MetruAt the sound of the sword being drawn, Darkon actually looked in her direction, an amused smile on his face. "I dare say the same stands for you. And drawing your sword is certainly you'll regret." That said, he gestured to the ground before him. "Come, let us sit and speak. We can at least have an intelligent conversation before we try to kill each other."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC-Aclaraung:"I do not think you understand," Aclaraung retorted to the captain. "I am not to be a part of a normal force, I will not be recruited as a private mercenary in such a sense. I do not mean to serve as part of any one force, subordinate to a line of officers who cannot and will not convey any orders clearly." Aclaraung shook his massive head, getting easily fed up with this Captain."Think, captain. Even among the most well-trained Toa, any orders that are passed through shall be corrupted. Mistakes will, inevitably, be made at the head of the line, who is Dume, and they will be compounded as they are passed down to others. I am not a part of this system, captain, nor do I wish to be. I will fight on behalf of Metru-Nui for food, drink, and a healthy supply of gold, but I shall be subordinate to none but Dume himself."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

GM IC: CaptainEveningOutside ColiseumThe captain, too, was growing rapidly exasperated. His hands clenched together behind his back. "Turaga Dume," he intoned, "has no time to command you personally; he has an entire island to oversee. You can't support us with uncoordinated attacks, else we will get in each other's ways. I'm afraid your only option is to work with our chain of command."OOC: If anyone makes a post that requires a Dark Hunter / Borak response (this includes battling, following, running -- anything that a nearby Dark Hunter would need to react to, basically), can you please include an OOC message saying you need a reply from me? The action would be much appreciated.

Edited by Legolover-361

IC-Aclaraung:"You'd be surprised how easy it would be to command me," the Dragon growled. "Something like this: 'Go to that port there, fight the Dark Hunters, protect our people.' See? Simple." Aclaraung snorted, a tongue of flame coming out each of his nostrils."But your vaunted chain of command is what is likely to get you killed, Captain. Come back to me once you have a better offer," the Dragon said, dismissing the officer before him as he turned away.

profiles i guess

IC: Zacax"Where can Lhikan be?" Zacax said to himself, "Lhikan!"We need help!"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Precentus / Outside Coliseum"Well that went well." Precentus noted with the still open psionic connection Aclaraung had made.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: RevaxRevax, not sensing a threat at the moment, resheathed her sword. "An intelligent conversation about what?" she asked, keeping her had on her sword.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Knowledge Tower - Ko-MetruHahlok quickened his pace once he saw a fellow guard. "Hey," he snapped. "Alert the others -- an intruder has been spotted running around. Tell them to check the wreckage outside for a body of a Toa, and keep an eye on the surrounding area in case more show up. This could be a diversion, albeit a poor one."The Skakdi sent the Dark Hunter off to warn the other sentries posted of the situation before heading back to the top of the tower. While they investigated the situation outside, he would see if Karorahk had mustered enough Rahi to clear away the crystal and found anything.

OOC: Yeah, essentially. I think I'll just add an OOC to the end of my every post with him to show Olzet's charge.IC: Hualn caught the glow of the mask again. It didn't change as the toa turned intangible-evidently it was the same kanohi.Fe-Toa-Faxon, backup kanohi: ?The miniature tornado around Hualn's blade intensified a little as his back began to suck in air and his front expelled more. Iron spikes flying at his body were battered and sliced away by this reinforced armor and Olzet. He landed without a hitch to cut right through the ethereal body of his foe.At this point he began to run around the toa while exuding air from his back and feet for hovering and armor. With one hand his blade cut through the phased body and stayed within it; with the other he retrieved shuriken.The idea behind this move was simple: This toa could no longer use his Iron to directly attack thanks to his inclusion in Olzet's zone. Any attacks from outside of it could probably be dodged. And if the guy tried to escape in phased form, then Hualn would just follow and continue to pester him. Eventually the Faxon would run out or the toa would try to switch. At that point, Hualn's foe would be sliced or skewered by the continuous blade work.As well, the sheer speed of his movements kept his own abilities difficult to analyze. And he was regaining shuriken as he ran. Even if the toa somehow escaped without serious injury, Hualn would have left the circle with more ammunition and his enemy lacking in information.Hence, he only spammed on. He won either way.OOC: -
OOC: I'm assuming that with Turano now inside Olzet's zone, he can now see Hualn (who is also in the zone. If Hualn is able to see Turano (in the zone) to keep the sword inside him while he picks up shuriken, then Turano must be able to see Hualn.IC (Turano): Seemingly out of nowhere, Turano got his first look at the Hunter. It looked like an oddly warped Matoran, with claws on its hands and feet. It was clad in green plates from head to toe, which formed a strange sort of exoskeleton. The thing wasn't pretty to look at, but even so, better this than being invisable. He wasn't sure why he could see it now: maybe it had turned off its invisability power, or maybe you just couldn't see it except up close.It moved with incredible speed, picking up its lost weapons from the ground where they had fallen. He watched as the creature regathered three, but when it came for the fourth, Turano was standing over it. He extended his intangible sword until it was sticking through the Hunter's chest, just as it's sword stuck through his. "Drop it" he commanded. "All I have to do is turn off this mask and we both die. Don't think I won't do it - I came to this city expecting death, and it would be worth it to put an end to you murderous scum. Now, drop your weapons or I'll end our lives faster than you can blink. You can live on as a prisoner, or die as a fool, a pawn sacrificed by your masters. Choose quickly... three... two..."Turano's heart raced as he made the countdown. Every instinct he had was telling him to keep up the mask's power, to survive, and in reality he had no intention of switching it off. While his life might be forfeit in this war, he would not lose it here. Numbers were not on the Protectorate's side, so if he were to sacrifice himself, it would be for two of three Hunters, not one. If this Hunter failed to surrender, he would create shards of iron on the end of his sword, right in the middle of Hualn's chest. Even Dark Hunters needed hearts to live, and when this one's was filled with metal spikes, he wouldn't be able to harm any Matoran ever again.
IC: Knowledge Tower - Ko-MetruHahlok quickened his pace once he saw a fellow guard. "Hey," he snapped. "Alert the others -- an intruder has been spotted running around. Tell them to check the wreckage outside for a body of a Toa, and keep an eye on the surrounding area in case more show up. This could be a diversion, albeit a poor one."The Skakdi sent the Dark Hunter off to warn the other sentries posted of the situation before heading back to the top of the tower. While they investigated the situation outside, he would see if Karorahk had mustered enough Rahi to clear away the crystal and found anything.
IC (Karorahk, Ko-Metru): While the Skakdi was away, Karorahk had found several rahi in the area, incuding a small group of crystal climbers, and had put them to work. Their sharp claws were made to grip onto slippery knowledge towers, so they were perfecr of clearing away the crystalline rubble. With the help of the last two frost beetles, they shifted aside large chunks of debris, though they found no body beneath them. Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC(Steela; Onu-Metru/Archives)

From the dark corners of the archives, a small noise makes it's way throughout the area. Knowing that Onu-Metru was one of the most dangerous areas in all of Metru-Nui, it had to be a Dark Hunter, or maybe a Toa. It was most likely a wild Rahi that escaped from it's stasis in the archives, but this sounded more like a living and breathing Matoran.Laughter.Steela walks through the archives, a bright smile on his face. His laughter echoes throughout the archives, filling every corner and dark area with his morbid sounds. He seemed to be looking for something and very intent on finding it..OOC: Open for interaction.-Mef Man

IC: VoramusVoramus had been walking through the archives, when he heard laughter. Who would be laughing down here? He walked towsard the source of the laughter, and found Steela. He walked to the front of Steela, and asked "Who are you? Are you on our side?"

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC(Steela; Onu-Metru/Archives: currently talking to Voramus)

Steela's eyes darted toward the being named Voramus. It seemed as if he weren't alone in this fine establishment..."And what-hehe-side is that my-hehe-my friend?" he asks the being, a wide smile on his face. The Matoran found it harder and harder to control the laughter these days, but it was fine. It fueled his excitement for what he was doing.-Mef Man

IC: VoramusThis was the type of individual Voramus hated - One who had loyalty only to those who paid him. "Does each side know you work for the other?" he asked.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC(Steela talking to Voramus in the Onu-Metru Archives)

In the darkness, Steela shrugs while saying,"As far as I can tell. But, it doesn't really matter if you-hehe-think about it. I just sell artifacts to the highest buyer, but the Toa can't really-hehe-get their hands on it deep in Dark Hunter territory like this. I mainly sell to the DHes, don't worry," he adds before bursting out into even more laughter. "Now, would you-hehe-like to buy one of my fine items?" -Mef Man

IC-Aclaraung:"Yes," Aclaraung said to Precentus, walking back up to the elderly Toa. "They don't seem to understand that I will not and can not work the same way they do. I like having my skin in one piece." He turned to glare at Precentus, before laying down boredly."Tell me, Toa, why does your kind suffer so from age? I can already tell I'm well over your age but I suffer no ill effects."

profiles i guess

OOC: Time to introduce both of my two new characters.IC(Xeno, Ga-Metru): Xeno jumped behind the wall, barely dodging three disks shot from Vahki regiments. He landed behind the wall, and moved towards the shadows, talking all the while. "You ready?""I was made to be ready. I have all the recent reports from Dweller memorized, and I've adapted my armour and memorized my cover story. And taken brutal punishment from the guards, and worked in the mines for months, and-""Take it easy, Saint! Sorry, but you have to do that kind of thing to fool a mask of truth.""I know. I'm ready.""Then go."A lone toa stumbled out of the fortress, running for his life toward the ranks of fighting toa. He jumped over an area of cracks, and ran towards the toa line. "Help! Don't let them get me!"IC(Amerikos, Ga-Metru): Amerikos arrived in what seemed like Armageddon. There was total chaos and mutiliation, with a duel going on in the midst of it all. It was a good day to bring his full battle armour. He unsheathed his claymore and shield, and ran to the battle lines, unleashing a storm of metal shards at the dark hunters.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: Precentus / Outside Coliseum"Because we are weak, dragon. For thousands of years I have worked to deny that weakness, the weakness that they revel in."Precentus made no mention of the fact that many of the traits of age he bore were easily remedied by adjusting his appearance.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC-Aclaraung:"I mean mentally, Precentus," Aclaraung growled. "Half of you lose any drive you originally had, and become timid, frightened creatures. I doubt that would be described as your being 'weak,' at least not physically." His tail twitched slightly."Well, Precentus, are you going to stick around here?"

profiles i guess