Tecnokuas Radomish Comic Serise

Logan Tec

First off, you should probably credit the creator of the kit before you credit the people who have inspired you (and you could probably fit them all in a single line, it was a little bit annoying for me to read :P). Now, on to the comics themselves.The first rule, in my eyes, to making comics is to have them look clean, and that's where you seem to fall short. You should try to punctuate correctly and use uppercase and lowercase letters correctly (this applies to the actual topic and the comics). This is an easy thing to do, and it really does affect how people think of your comics. :)Another thing you could probably work on is making the comics more understandable. What really made this comic hard to understand was the abundance of characters. You should either have less characters, or have only 1-3 appear at a time. Also, this will make it easier to understand who's talking, which was also an issue (You should also draw a line from the text to who's talking; another easy thing to do which has a huge impact). Another, less serious issue would be to have your comics have more of a plot, and be a little bit longer. I know the title says random, but even random comics should have a storyline.I know this is a lot of advice, but it's mostly quick fixes. Good luck with your comics, and don't feel like you have to take my advice. Just have fun making your comics, nothing else really matters. :)

You directly stole TPH's background and backpack jokes...not a good start.But, time for some advice to help the new guy on the way to greatness! First off, don't be too random. I made that mistake (but not as massively) in my early comics.What have you done to the kit? Don't make it wunshaed (One shade). It's noobish. And most importantly, give each character a unique trait (And not food obsession. I did that because it's unusual for the main character to have it, so it was different.) that you can use as a plot device.Think use a prettyboy's comb as a weapon, or something. But be creative, don't actually use that joke.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

You directly stole TPH's background and backpack jokes...not a good start.
The backgrounds he uses are standard MNOG backgrounds ripped from the game. TPH didn't create them at all, he just uses them. Backpack joke is another issue...Anyway, nice to see another person taking an interest in comic making... Anyway onto the short little critic.One of the issues I'm having is that I can't tell who is who. The main problem with that is the fact that all the characters are Ta-matoran. I'm not saying that having all the matoran as one type is bad, it just gets confusing when you're using colored text. For now I suggest that you could either make a character introduction comic using whichever colored speech the character uses or you create a character sheet with the colored speech as well.Another thing is the graphics. One of the things that normally haunts comic makers who use the mnog kit is the large amount of shading in it which normally isn't shaded either correctly or is missing some. I suggest you try to fix some of the shading of the people because there are a lot of people (like myself) who look at all the tiniest details of comics to determine either some of the benefits or the flaws of a comic, this would fall under flaws. Another thing that really annoys me is the use of the shadows. I understand that the kit comes with shadows under the characters but when it comes to things like a character floating in the air or something similar, it really gets annoying. I suggest you erase the shadows from the characters as they aren't really needed anyway. Another thing is the Voya-Nui matoran who appears to have the dreaded white outline around them. How that happened, I have no idea, does it look odd? yes. The thing that is quite irritating is how whenever you or many others can't fit all the matoran in the panel, you make them float. Heres some advice for future comics, if you can't fit all the characters, just make some of them cut off at the panel. Try not to make them magically float in mid air. One of the things that I do really, really love about your comics is that you actually give or try to give the matoran different poses. I've never been a fan of how people only use one pose in full comics so using more then one for some of the characters, especially with the MNOG kit really makes me impressed.Other things that will hopefully be fixed as time goes on include the grammar/punctuation as well as the humor. I normally don't really mind the grammar in comics because I feel that as long as I can understand it enough to get the joke/comic/story/whatever then its good. I do find some of the speech irritating though. I feel that you should at least try to punctuate and capitalize certain words correctly, as well as refrain from the use of internet speak/acronyms like "Idk" (unless said by a totally insane/goofy/odd/weird character). Also the comics humor is undoubtedly random. In some cases randomness can be funny, while in others it can get to be really tiresome. If I were use I would try to refrain from excessive use of randomness in comics simply because a lot of times it just isn't funny in comics. Since you just started however, I won't really judge that since almost all comics start out randomly.Most of what I said is mainly my opinion, so you don't have to actually follow any of it, though I hope you take into consideration the critic and try to improve the quality of the comics as it will not only benefit the readers but also yourself. I think you have potential as a comic maker and I see that your comics have potential as well. If you try your best and have fun I'm sure you'll have a great trip in the world of comic making. I hope to see more from you in the future, hopefully improving.~Soran Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

You directly stole TPH's background and backpack jokes...not a good start.
The backgrounds he uses are standard MNOG backgrounds ripped from the game. TPH didn't create them at all, he just uses them. Backpack joke is another issue...~Soran
I meant the background joke. "Will you just get a Ta-Koro background?" Or something of the like was very similar to TPH's background jokes.So yeah, Tecnokua. The background joke--bad idea.Oh great Mata Nui. I figured out what was causing the wunshaed and the white outlines.He tried to manually squish the characters by dragging the blue boxes with box select. (facepalm)And he tried to recolor EVERYONE, not just that Miru guy, with the brush tool! Don't do that, Tecnokua. To recolor, use the eyedropper tool on the color you want to change, then right click with the eyedropper on the color you want to change it to, then use the eraser but with the right click button all over the area of color you want changed.And don't squash the characters. It looks noobish. If you must size change, don't drag the blue boxes. Right click and use stretch/skew. Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

ok well bad start i completly forgot i heard that in another comic ok well i hope 2 is better and i found the backgrounds on the bio media site and i'm so sorry TPH for stealing the joke ...... well i now will try again with # 2

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

• 9 months later...

Tecnokua, trust me, you do NOT want tom base your comics of my old comics. BAD IDEA (I'm not yelling at you, just simply expressing importants of this issue through caps).

Here's what you should do:

1. Make a sprite sheet for the character, however, don't two shade them, I know this takes practically forever, but the results are well worth it.

2. I suggest you get GIMP so you can rotate the body parts around properly. MNOG may have good graphics, but it is not famous for a wide array of poses.

3. I also suggest that you learn how to edit the backpack out when you use backgrounds from the first MNOG.

Do these and your comics should look good graphic-wise.

Tips on humor, well, just don't use my old jokes....or really any of my jokes. Display individuallity and try to make your own. Also, when you do make a joke, ask yourself this: "If I were somebody else would this be funny to me?"

Also, when finishing these comics resize the to half their size, believe me, it helps.

Try to do these and you comics should work out.

Also, be careful about grammer. Say you sentences out loud. If there is a pause then ussually that sentence requires a comma. Refrain from using internet speech; example: "How r u doing". Don't do that.

Lastly, listen to your audience, ecspecially their criticism. Sorry if I sound harsh.

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

.... ok this is kinda akward i meant for this topic to die ..... didn't mean for anyone to bring it back i'm getting it locked and deleting the comic its pretty bad..... i'm working now on something else so Loganto you can pgs soon after i get the main charaters. And Damarcx i scraped this.

Edited by Tecnokua

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this