Bionicle Movie Faces

Can you give examples?Assuming this is accurate (although I don't remember any), probably they hadn't designed faces, or as Greg said on another issue, the masks are their faces in terms of what the producers wanted the audience to feel.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

its been awhile, but i remember in the first one, in a deleted scene, takua was playing kholii and had his mask knocked off. thats the nly one i can really remember right now. but i think there was a few more examples.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

If it was a deleted scene, it was probably just deleted while still in the process of development and so they did not waste the money on doing the full CGI. This is very common in deleted scenes in DVD special features for movies. For example often greenscreen footage leaves the greenscreen in for those special features with live action movies. They have limited budgets so they save them for the scenes that will actually go into the movies. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

i couldve sworn there was a few more cases of this....but i havn't seen those movies in a long time.the only one thats coming to mind is when takanuva switched his and makutas masksi just watched that scene, when makutas mask was removed there was a bright light obscuring his face.

Edited by Wheeljack

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well, I remember an electric-like effect there. In the movies a zap-type effect was used as a visual representation of magnetism. Masks are meant to be held magnetically to faces. Also, all Matoran have a minor magnetic power in their hands; Takua used it at one point to attract his Kolhii staff to his hand; this looked like a zap too.So that effect makes story sense because of that movie rule; it shows that Makuta's mask was sticking magnetically to his face so it wasn't easy to pull it away. But it probably did intentionally serve the double purpose of concealing the face from the viewer, for the reason mentioned above.I don't specifically remember a "bright light" though. The zap effects were glowing, but I don't recall if the face was truly obscured. Some pics would be helpful.

pics? that should be fun to find.... let me see what i can find.7538898558_c9a0a150d1.jpgCapture by bumblecade, on Flickrthats a pretty definite flash of light.

Edited by Wheeljack

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Can you give examples?Assuming this is accurate (although I don't remember any), probably they hadn't designed faces, or as Greg said on another issue, the masks are their faces in terms of what the producers wanted the audience to feel.
Yeah. The mask was associated with the character, supported by the fact that the Pakari, Hau, and Kaukau were only worn by three Matoran in MoL - the main characters Takua, Jaller, and Hahli, respectively, to help them stand out. And as for that, they probably hadn't developed a "face" for them, or maybe didn't want viewers to seen them without a Kanohi.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

• 4 weeks later...

from BS01When the Toa discover Turaga Dume asleep in a Matoran Sphere, he is still wearing his Noble Kiril, even though Teridax stole the mask months beforehand. This is because the animators were trying to avoid showing what a character looked like without a mask.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Here are some shots of when they hid their heads.http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Zestanor/Screenshots/vlcsnap-1325384.png (This first one is in 4:3 because it is a rip of my VHS.)http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Zestanor/Screenshots/vlcsnap-1326606.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/Zestanor/Screenshots/vlcsnap-1327520.png

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

from BS01When the Toa discover Turaga Dume asleep in a Matoran Sphere, he is still wearing his Noble Kiril, even though Teridax stole the mask months beforehand. This is because the animators were trying to avoid showing what a character looked like without a mask.
Another reason could be to make Dume recognizable as himself, as the Kiril is his "face".It also kind-of made sense not to show Makuta's face, as it is antidermis.I have no possible explanation for the others, except to not have to animate the faces.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry