Why did Fenrakk transform?

So, presumably, whenever Vezon and Fenrakk are defeated, they come back in some more powerful form. The problm with that is, at least once Vezon and Fenrakk are shown emerging from lava BEFORE the Inika came, without being reincarnated. So, why did Fenrakk transform into Kardas that one time? Does transformation only only occur when defeat is percieved by others?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I always thought the transformation was to help them better defeat the Inika, but it's possible Fenrakk could survive if only his legs were in lava. Not sure though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm thinking the earlier instances of Fenrakk emerging from Lava (like on one of the comic covers, right?) is just artistic license trying to make him look epic. I guess, for all we know, Fenrakk slipped and fell into the lava once, and came out "stronger" with a lava invulnerability, which wouldn't really make sense when he's facing the Inika, but maybe it is triggered by thoughts. Someone thinks "Yes! He fell into lava! Now he's defeated!" And that's when the transformation triggers. That would make sense.

Wasn't there something in the storyline about Fenrakk absorbing energy from any attack or force thrown against him to make him stronger? I think there was... If so I imagine falling into lava would give one with such powers a lot of energy to absorb, likely triggering the transformation.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

• 3 weeks later...
So, presumably, whenever Vezon and Fenrakk are defeated, they come back in some more powerful form. The problm with that is, at least once Vezon and Fenrakk are shown emerging from lava BEFORE the Inika came, without being reincarnated. So, why did Fenrakk transform into Kardas that one time? Does transformation only only occur when defeat is percieved by others?
When was that shown?

To awnser the first question, here is a question, were Vezon and Fenrakk beat when they emaerged from the lava? Or were they hiding, stalking thier prey? So if you put that into perspective then they were not beat, when Fenrakk transformed into the Kardas they were beat that time so he came back in a stronger form thanks to the Ignia's curse

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

It had nothing to do with the presence of lava. As you pointed out, they were in it before and had no problem whatsoever.It had everything to do with the fact that they were fighting and losing, so the Ignika transformed Fenrakk. Emerging from lava at that point was just making it look dramatic.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."