Sticking Around

FrozenFlash

Wishing it Stuck Around?   

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most definitely. Only for an extra two years, though. I agreed with BIONICLE being ended, but I wish that the Spherus Magna story had been properly expounded upon with the two additional movies that were promised, rather than being rushed to end in the beginning of 2010.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I think that, even back in 2010, it needed to end relatively soon, but an extra year or even half-year would have helped the inevitable ending feel less rushed and more natural. So, although I voted "Yes," BIONICLE staying around for anything more than two years would have been excessive.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

That's a hard choice, considering Bionicle sets were kinda going into their death throes at the end. The build was engraved into any fan's mind, half the sets had less than 10 pieces, and the story was fading a bit. So, no, except for a condition. If we got a new body type (maybe for elemental lords), more vehicles, and more complexity, as well as an interesting story that you would buy the books for, then definitely, but as it stands, Bionicle needed to die before TLG worked in a different planet with completely different customs, but the same Inika build. Just confusing story, like a new line, but no new design.

Most definitely. Only for an extra two years, though. I agreed with BIONICLE being ended, but I wish that the Spherus Magna story had been properly expounded upon with the two additional movies that were promised, rather than being rushed to end in the beginning of 2010.-Mesonak
Pretty much this. I'm strongly against Bionicle returning, but I would have liked for the story to have run its course through to 2011 before ending. Those two movies we never got to see and the horrific amount of plot threads that had a planet dropped on them are really unfortunate byproducts of it ending so soon.Plus, the 2010 ending sucked.

AXKP5KC.png

This is essentially my stand. As they say, All good things must come to an end. But 2010 was so rushed. It should have had two more years, finish up SM Storyline, go to Bota Magna, Then do 2010 story line correctly and fully with a full line of sets. -Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

Yeah, throwing myself in the "needed a little more time to wrap up" category here. I mean, how many concurrent plot threads were going at the end there? And nevermind the additional ones as a result of the post-ending serials.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I voted yes I think that it should've went on at least another year or two. If only to answer the questions raised in the unfinshed serials, like who the GB is, more information on the Golden Head Being (like his name :P), and who killed Karzahni and Tren Krom.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

What Bionicle needed was an extra push, not a replacement. Bionicle should have dealt with Teridax's defeat a bit better and allowed Bionicle to return to and stay in the MU, and the Toa facing a new, stronger threat that requires the Toa to team up with former foes in order to win. That would have been epic.

aouROFb.png

I voted no. Bionicle was good while it lasted, but by the end the line was costing more to produce than it was worth. And as a general Lego fan as well as a Bionicle fan, I didn't mind it ending so much, since Lego continued to impress with its other lines. I felt the end of Bionicle's story was satisfactory, and mostly ignored the serials afterwards, since they were only continuing to resolve plot threads which I felt mattered little in the grand scheme of things. And I felt Hero Factory was the perfect way for Lego to refresh its "constraction" building system, as well as providing a refreshingly simple and versatile story free of Bionicle's 10 years of mythological baggage.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Personally, I don't mind either way. If it continued... well, I stopped paying attention to it mid-Inika saga (So 2006ish) and the consecutive years weren't any better from my perspective. Either way, it was messy -- there was a ton of information and story background... additionally the story had lost it's coherency, for me at least, by then. Plus, they killed Makuta with a space rock so I don't think continuing it would've really brought on the "this story is going to get tense, it's going to get good, it's going to be deeper"... 'cuz I mean, they killed the main villain since day one with... a space rock...I think pulling the plug was the better option. There wasn't much more to be had for the line, unless they decided to continue planet hopping and creating a massive lore that would potentially bar any newcomers to the line (if it hadn't already). I don't recall the sales figures, but I vaguely recall that Bionicle wasn't doing so hot anymore... so, yeah.Bionicle's lore was it's strong point at one time, but eventually it just became a convoluted mess that did more harm to the line than good (Barring new players due to a plethora of years of lore, for the main thing). 'Course this is all purely my opinion~