Sonic The Hedgehog

Makuta Matata

I beat Sonic Generations today and

The final boss is terrible.

Terrible hard or terrible easy? Or terrible not made well?

All three.Edit: Pretty much what Breez said.Edit #2: Or Vinyl or Doom or whatever he is called now. STOP CHANGING YOUR NAME! I don't know what to call you! XDEdit #3: I just realized that that made no sense in context. It wasn't terribly hard or easy, it just wasn't really done well. But actually, looking back at some bosses we've had, it's not really all that bad. I'm actually kinda surprised that there wasn't a level to play before the actual Super Sonic boss like there was in Unleashed and Colors. And Heroes. And Shadow.

Edited by knuckles chaotix

I think that Sonic Generations was a very good game. Any body else on here buy the Sega Genesis controller? I did. Also, I am very upset that North America didn't get the Collector's Edition, but it did save me money, so I am happy in that area. Also, do any of you read Sonic Universe? I am hoping for a Mephiles arc, as he is my favourite villain.

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I think that Sonic Generations was a very good game. Any body else on here buy the Sega Genesis controller? I did. Also, I am very upset that North America didn't get the Collector's Edition, but it did save me money, so I am happy in that area. Also, do any of you read Sonic Universe? I am hoping for a Mephiles arc, as he is my favourite villain.

Money wouldn't have been a problem had it come. DXWhat Sega Genesis controller? XDAnd I read Universe. Compared to the normal Archie series, I think it's better, if only for that one staredown Shadow gave Marine. XDEDIT: hatok, if you didn't catch my apology earlier on, I have nothing against you. I just thought you'd call me out for being a fanboy like you did a few times back. Sorry if I offended you. :( Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS

Undergoing Renovations...

Yeah, I got it, but I haven't had time to play beyond Green Hill Zone. Now that I've beaten Generations, though, I suppose I an play Sonic 1, even though I've already beaten it like 50 times....And I don't read Sonic Universe. The only continuity I follow outside of the games is Japanese Sonic X. Not the 4Kids version. Ew.

I was looking at some Sonic Generations gameplay and I came across a video for Modern City Escape.The song on that stage was so nostalgic and reminded of the days when I played Sonic Adventure 2 over and over again.Totally getting Sonic Generations for Christmas.

I personally got more nostalgic for Rooftop Run, Seaside Hill, and Chemical Plant, but I can see where you're coming from....I actually didn't really like City Escape much.

I beat Sonic Generations today and

The final boss is terrible.

Terrible hard or terrible easy? Or terrible not made well?

All three.Edit: Pretty much what Breez said.Edit #2: Or Vinyl or Doom or whatever he is called now. STOP CHANGING YOUR NAME! I don't know what to call you! XDEdit #3: I just realized that that made no sense in context. It wasn't terribly hard or easy, it just wasn't really done well. But actually, looking back at some bosses we've had, it's not really all that bad. I'm actually kinda surprised that there wasn't a level to play before the actual Super Sonic boss like there was in Unleashed and Colors. And Heroes. And Shadow.

As did 06. With all this time, I was really hoping for them to remake The End of the World.

I did. I briefly played through GHZ the other day, but that's it. However, I already have the Mega Collection, so it's really only good because I bought unlimited continues. (I never got past Spring Yard Zone either Act 2 or Act 3.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

So, has anybody found any good music matchups? His World syncs beautifully with VS Shadow, and the Heroes Special Stage matches the Death Egg Robot really well.Also, I've grown to hate Crisis City's missions. It's one of m favourite levels in the game, but man, when you try and do things PROPERLY in that level, it seems like it was built to screw the player over.Which reminds me, the only consistent complaint I have with Generations is that there seem to be a lot of platforms that are just a little bit too high for Sonic to jump over. It's been a minor frustration throughout the entire game.But anyways, Super Sonic is a tonne of fun to play. I have no idea why, but if Classic Super Sonic jumps out of the water he absolutely FLIES out of there. It's pretty handy in Seaside Hill.I'm disappointed, I've almost completely beaten Generations. The game is definitely shot, but it's sweet.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Good news guys!Sonic Generations is hitting bestseller charts in the UK after only two days! It's at 21st for the PlayStation 3, 14th for the Xbox 360, and 10th overall.Also, in North America, Sonic Generations has sold 170,000 copies in the first week alone, not including PC sales. About 98,750 were sold for the 360 and about 71,125 sales for the PS3. It's the best launch for any Sonic game since Mario and Sonic in 2008, and if that doesn't count as a Sonic game, then it was Sonic Adventure that beats it. That's pretty nice!Full stories on TSSZ.

Anyone think they will make Sonic Adventure 3?

Actually, they sorta did. Sonic Unleashed was originally Sonic World Adventure, to go in the Adventure series. But they felt that they had changed so many gameplay elements that they needed a new name.

SO I GOT GENERATIONS FOR PC.And my Graphic Card didn't make it...I hate you all.OH WELL, I'll wait until I get that 360.rolling around at the speed of sound, got places to go gotta follow my rainbow!

What kind do you have? Are you on a laptop? A sorta solution I found was to go into the configuration screen, and set the resolution to one of the bottom two. Works best for me at the absolute bottom, but I can't read anything. I play as much as I can on the second from the bottom. Still a bit laggy though, but playable. My hope is that they make a fairly cheap external graphics card that you can plug in via USB. Edited by King Joe

That's the point, the Configuration Tool doesn't recognize my GPU!

0_0Don't know what to tell you there friend.RANDOM GRAPHICS CARD COMPANY! I SUMMON THEE! MAKE FOR US AN AFFORDABLE EXTERNAL CARD SO THAT WE MAY THOROUGHLY ENJOY THE WONDERFUL AMAZEMENT THAT IS SONIC GENERATIONS!!EDIT as of November 8th:

Yeah, they didn't design the Time Eater fight very well. At least the ring placement could have been better. I don't think I've been hit by his attacks even once, but I still haven't beaten him.

EDIT:

Never mind, he's dead. But I see what you were saying, knuckles chaotix, about it being terrible all three ways, but not really.

Edited by King Joe

Anyone think they will make Sonic Adventure 3?

Actually, they sorta did. Sonic Unleashed was originally Sonic World Adventure, to go in the Adventure series. But they felt that they had changed so many gameplay elements that they needed a new name.
First of all, Sonic Unleashed is still called Sonic World Adventure in Japan. It was originally meant to be called Sonic Adventure 3 and have Knuckles and Shadow playable, as well as Amy and Tails. But they changed the gameplay so much from the Adventure games (for the better, imo) that they scrapped Knuckles and Shadow and added the Werehog, while changing the story and making Amy and tails NPCs.But to answer your question, they probably won't, but if they do, it will probably be on the 20th Anniversary of Sonic Adventure....

EDIT as of November 8th:

Yeah, they didn't design the Time Eater fight very well. At least the ring placement could have been better. I don't think I've been hit by his attacks even once, but I still haven't beaten him.

EDIT:

Never mind, he's dead. But I see what you were saying, knuckles chaotix, about it being terrible all three ways, but not really.

You can call me KC. :) Edited by knuckles chaotix

Green hill zone is now completely complete. Sorta. All challenges have been completed, and all red star rings obtained. S ranks on the standard stages. Not on all the challenges though. Maybe some other day... Right now I have to decide whether or not to try Chemical plant with my current sucky graphics...

Edited by King Joe

I think you should, and maybe for christmas, BUY A NEW FREAKING GRAPHICS CARD!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1 Sorry I got carried away. I drank to much soda.

Actually, unless an affordable external card comes out, I think it would be cheaper to buy a new computer instead of purchasing and installing a new graphics card. But there's another computer I'm gonna try it on when I get to where it is.

Speaking of City Escape, I made a guitar cover of the Modern version, and put it on my channel on the site-that-must-not-be-named. :PI saw a live stream of Generations last week, and Crisis City does look really hard. oO

It is. Sorta. On the 6th or 7th time through, you know all the fastest routes to the tough spot, after that it's just navigating the swirling tornado of fiery death. Or you can call it Iblis, whichever you find more agreeable. Edited by King Joe

Oh, I guess I'm not supposed to link to large images....Here are my final thoughts on Sonic Generations:

First off, I'd like to say that this is an overall wonderful, game, but compared to how it was hyped up to be awesome, I found it to be kind of a letdown.Great gameplay, first off. There are flaws, though. Modern Sonic feels too different from Unleashed's Day gameplay, which I positively adored. It felt too... what's the word... weak. Uhm, how do I explain this....Pretty much, it didn't have that same feel as Unleashed's Day stages, which were better imo. What I did like about Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations was the platforming. For the most part, the platforming and speed balanced out perfectly. Take Speed Highway and Rooftop Run as examples. At times, though, there was too much platforming. *Looks at Planet Wisp*. Also, there are some really obscure shortcuts, such as the ones on Chemical Plant and Speed Highway. Generally, people won't just stumble across one of those on their own. On the other hand, the Modern bosses were to die for. Shadow the Hedgehog, Perfect Chaos, Silver the hedgehog, Egg Dragoon, all awesome bosses. I play them over and over and over again, and the hard mode adds to the fun. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of the levels. Seriously, why is there no hard mode for the regular stages? Overall, I greatly enjoyed the Modern gameplay, and the pros far outweigh the cons.On to Classic Sonic. Although he felt heavier than the original Classic Sonic, I still enjoyed him. One complaint I have about him is the spin dash. If you press Square/X and don't hold it down for long enough, Sonic will do a whimpy spin dash, which annoys me a lot. Another thin was that there was some good platforming, but it could get really frustrating at times. Especially in Seaside Hill and Crisis City. But if you ask me, the levels were well done and much better than I expected. Another thing I'd just like to ask you guys is: Does Classic Sonic feel out of place in the Dreamcast and Modern Eras? I mean, Classic Sonic just felt weirder to play as in City Escape than he did in Chemical Plant. Just some food for thought. It's really minor, and it's hard to figure out why I get this feeling; I just do. Also, I love the shields.Now for the worst part of the game, imo: the story.I mean seriously, what was Sonic team thinking? It seems like it's not even done fully; there are so many holes in the plot, such as when Modern Sonic and tails met Classic Tails. I mean, after the Death Egg, he just appeared there. You would have never seen him unless you played Co-op Tails in Classic Chemical Plant before.Also Eggman. Sonic barely even cared that Eggman was there, not surprised at all, even though he hadn't seen Eggman in months, and he never wondered how he got there.Also, if you didn't notice, Sonic didn't say word to any side character besides Tails and Eggman, almost as it he Roger Craig Smith was unavailable to voice responses.Not to mention that the story made no sense in the way that Modern Sonic should have remembered his Modern self from when he was Classic Sonic, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he met Classic Sonic, because he already lived the Adventure as Classic Sonic!Also, about the alternate timelines (Stardust Speedway and Crisis City)....And there was also the lack of exclusive characters such as Tikal, Shara the Ring Genie, Chip, Professor Pickle, Orbot, Cubot, Sonic the Werehog, Omega, Big, etc. I was expecting them! The story was a major letdown overall, and if you've played the game, you'll see what I mean.Now a positive aspect: the music!!And Mata Nui, was the music amazing! It wasn't too nostalgic (Only Rooftop Run Modern was for me), but it was still amazing! The only not too great/creative ones were Modern Speed Highway, Modern Seaside Hill, Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary. But that's all I need to say, because the music was godly.And the Hub Worlds. I'm kinda mixed on these.I wanted 3D Hubs like Unleashed for Modern Sonic and 2D Hubs for Classic Sonic. That would have been awesome. But I think that the execution of the Hubs weren't bad, and the unlockabale music is awesome!And thank the Great Beings that the Red Stars aren't needed to unlock Super Sonic and to get all of the Chaos Emeralds.Now for the last part: The final boss, which seems to be controversial. I think that the gameplay itself was good, but it was nothing too special. Same with the music. It would have been better if the final boss music was a remix of the main theme.Oh wait, THERE WAS NO MAIN THEME!!Seriously Sonic Team, all we got from Crush 40 was the Open Your Heart remix. A main theme would have been nice. Or the final boss could have been a mix of Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia, and Nega Wisp Armor Phase 2. That would have been cool. And the constant shouting from Sonic's friends of "That looks like a Homing Shot!!!" got annoying.My final score on this game is about a 80/100.Not bad.I'm done now.Edit: Not done. I'd just like to add that I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Colors, and Sonic CD more than this game, putting this game at my #5 favorite Sonic game of all time. Although it could be argues that this game ties with Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.Now I'm done. :)

Also, I think I'm about ready for a Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Trailer, even if it's just a Teaser....

It's funny... I can see the progression in the designs, even when they're updated.DARN IT SKY SANCTUARY! Quit Lagging on Modern! How am I supposed to get those red star rings if all you do is lag?

Do you have a laptop?
Yeah, it's all I got. What I was saying is I could see the complexity increase with each era. Classic, not too complex. Dreamcast, fairly complex, Modern, You would be hard pressed to draw Egg Dragoon from memory unless you came up with it yourself.

Oh, I guess I'm not supposed to link to large images....Here are my final thoughts on Sonic Generations:

First off, I'd like to say that this is an overall wonderful, game, but compared to how it was hyped up to be awesome, I found it to be kind of a letdown.Great gameplay, first off. There are flaws, though. Modern Sonic feels too different from Unleashed's Day gameplay, which I positively adored. It felt too... what's the word... weak. Uhm, how do I explain this....Pretty much, it didn't have that same feel as Unleashed's Day stages, which were better imo. What I did like about Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations was the platforming. For the most part, the platforming and speed balanced out perfectly. Take Speed Highway and Rooftop Run as examples. At times, though, there was too much platforming. *Looks at Planet Wisp*. Also, there are some really obscure shortcuts, such as the ones on Chemical Plant and Speed Highway. Generally, people won't just stumble across one of those on their own. On the other hand, the Modern bosses were to die for. Shadow the Hedgehog, Perfect Chaos, Silver the hedgehog, Egg Dragoon, all awesome bosses. I play them over and over and over again, and the hard mode adds to the fun. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of the levels. Seriously, why is there no hard mode for the regular stages? Overall, I greatly enjoyed the Modern gameplay, and the pros far outweigh the cons.On to Classic Sonic. Although he felt heavier than the original Classic Sonic, I still enjoyed him. One complaint I have about him is the spin dash. If you press Square/X and don't hold it down for long enough, Sonic will do a whimpy spin dash, which annoys me a lot. Another thin was that there was some good platforming, but it could get really frustrating at times. Especially in Seaside Hill and Crisis City. But if you ask me, the levels were well done and much better than I expected. Another thing I'd just like to ask you guys is: Does Classic Sonic feel out of place in the Dreamcast and Modern Eras? I mean, Classic Sonic just felt weirder to play as in City Escape than he did in Chemical Plant. Just some food for thought. It's really minor, and it's hard to figure out why I get this feeling; I just do. Also, I love the shields.Now for the worst part of the game, imo: the story.I mean seriously, what was Sonic team thinking? It seems like it's not even done fully; there are so many holes in the plot, such as when Modern Sonic and tails met Classic Tails. I mean, after the Death Egg, he just appeared there. You would have never seen him unless you played Co-op Tails in Classic Chemical Plant before.Also Eggman. Sonic barely even cared that Eggman was there, not surprised at all, even though he hadn't seen Eggman in months, and he never wondered how he got there.Also, if you didn't notice, Sonic didn't say word to any side character besides Tails and Eggman, almost as it he Roger Craig Smith was unavailable to voice responses.Not to mention that the story made no sense in the way that Modern Sonic should have remembered his Modern self from when he was Classic Sonic, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he met Classic Sonic, because he already lived the Adventure as Classic Sonic!Also, about the alternate timelines (Stardust Speedway and Crisis City)....And there was also the lack of exclusive characters such as Tikal, Shara the Ring Genie, Chip, Professor Pickle, Orbot, Cubot, Sonic the Werehog, Omega, Big, etc. I was expecting them! The story was a major letdown overall, and if you've played the game, you'll see what I mean.Now a positive aspect: the music!!And Mata Nui, was the music amazing! It wasn't too nostalgic (Only Rooftop Run Modern was for me), but it was still amazing! The only not too great/creative ones were Modern Speed Highway, Modern Seaside Hill, Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary. But that's all I need to say, because the music was godly.And the Hub Worlds. I'm kinda mixed on these.I wanted 3D Hubs like Unleashed for Modern Sonic and 2D Hubs for Classic Sonic. That would have been awesome. But I think that the execution of the Hubs weren't bad, and the unlockabale music is awesome!And thank the Great Beings that the Red Stars aren't needed to unlock Super Sonic and to get all of the Chaos Emeralds.Now for the last part: The final boss, which seems to be controversial. I think that the gameplay itself was good, but it was nothing too special. Same with the music. It would have been better if the final boss music was a remix of the main theme.Oh wait, THERE WAS NO MAIN THEME!!Seriously Sonic Team, all we got from Crush 40 was the Open Your Heart remix. A main theme would have been nice. Or the final boss could have been a mix of Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia, and Nega Wisp Armor Phase 2. That would have been cool. And the constant shouting from Sonic's friends of "That looks like a Homing Shot!!!" got annoying.My final score on this game is about a 80/100.Not bad.I'm done now.Edit: Not done. I'd just like to add that I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Colors, and Sonic CD more than this game, putting this game at my #5 favorite Sonic game of all time. Although it could be argues that this game ties with Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.Now I'm done. :)

Also, I think I'm about ready for a Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Trailer, even if it's just a Teaser....

Your review was pretty good. I haven't played much Dreamcast and Modern era sonic games (Black Knight was about it) but I can say that I agree with you in everything. And in case you still haven't found His World, go to Sky Sanctuary and do the Knuckles challenge, then ring the bell.

It's funny... I can see the progression in the designs, even when they're updated.DARN IT SKY SANCTUARY! Quit Lagging on Modern! How am I supposed to get those red star rings if all you do is lag?

Do you have a laptop?
Yeah, it's all I got. What I was saying is I could see the complexity increase with each era. Classic, not too complex. Dreamcast, fairly complex, Modern, You would be hard pressed to draw Egg Dragoon from memory unless you came up with it yourself.

Your review was pretty good. I haven't played much Dreamcast and Modern era sonic games (Black Knight was about it) but I can say that I agree with you in everything. And in case you still haven't found His World, go to Sky Sanctuary and do the Knuckles challenge, then ring the bell.

What does His World have to do with anything I said?