Sonic The Hedgehog

Makuta Matata

Oh, I guess I'm not supposed to link to large images....Here are my final thoughts on Sonic Generations:

First off, I'd like to say that this is an overall wonderful, game, but compared to how it was hyped up to be awesome, I found it to be kind of a letdown.Great gameplay, first off. There are flaws, though. Modern Sonic feels too different from Unleashed's Day gameplay, which I positively adored.It's nearly identical... it's the level design that's different, that and the lack of air boost, and the swapped homing attack controls. It felt too... what's the word... weak Glad I'm not the only one :/. Uhm, how do I explain this....Pretty much, it didn't have that same feel as Unleashed's Day stages, which were better imo. What I did like about Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations was the platforming. For the most part, the platforming and speed balanced out perfectly. Take Speed Highway and Rooftop Run as examples. At times, though, there was too much platforming. *Looks at Planet Wisp*. Also, there are some really obscure shortcuts, such as the ones on Chemical Plant and Speed Highway What do you mean? Which shortcuts are you speaking of?. Generally, people won't just stumble across one of those on their own. On the other hand, the Modern bosses were to die for. Shadow the Hedgehog I agree, the Shadow Boss was a date to die for, Perfect Chaos, Silver the hedgehog, Egg Dragoon, all awesome bosses. I play them over and over and over again, and the hard mode adds to the fun. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of the levels. Seriously, why is there no hard mode for the regular stages ?That would require making 18 new levels, basically. The effort used to do that could probably give us one of two entirely new levels, which I'd prefer. Besides, the missions should show you what hard mode would be like. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the Modern gameplay, and the pros far outweigh the cons.AgreedOn to Classic Sonic. Although he felt heavier than the original Classic Sonic Sega went all out when the fans demanded a fatter Sonic, I still enjoyed him. One complaint I have about him is the spin dash. If you press Square/X and don't hold it down for long enough, Sonic will do a whimpy spin dash, which annoys me a lot Me too!. Another thin was that there was some good platforming, but it could get really frustrating at times. Especially in Seaside Hill and Crisis City Those are my favourite Classic levels :P. But if you ask me, the levels were well done and much better than I expected Agreed. Another thing I'd just like to ask you guys is: Does Classic Sonic feel out of place in the Dreamcast and Modern Eras? I mean, Classic Sonic just felt weirder to play as in City Escape than he did in Chemical Plant Once Classic Sonic leaves the Genesis Era, he suddenly gains the ability to do a bunch of things Modern Sonic can do, and the levels become a lot more dynamic, so that's probably why. Personally, I was surprised at how well he fit in.... Just some food for thought. It's really minor, and it's hard to figure out why I get this feeling; I just do. Also, I love the shields. Yes yes YES!Now for the worst part of the game, imo: the story. Unfortunately...I mean seriously, what was Sonic team thinking?About the levels probably. It seems like it's not even done fully; there are so many holes in the plot, such as when Modern Sonic and tails met Classic Tails. That was kinda odd, but it's not really a plot hole. I mean, after the Death Egg, he just appeared there. You would have never seen him unless you played Co-op Tails in Classic Chemical Plant before.I never even thought of that :PAlso Eggman. Sonic barely even cared that Eggman was there, not surprised at all, even though he hadn't seen Eggman in months, and he never wondered how he got there.One, how do you know it has been months? Two, that's Sonics character. Eggman does this all the time, it dosn't surprise him. He facepalsm when Eggman reveals himselfAlso, if you didn't notice, Sonic didn't say word to any side character besides Tails and Eggman, almost as it he Roger Craig Smith was unavailable to voice responses. Nobody says anything to the side characters. The ONLY interaction is Amy and Knuckles at the end. Actually, I think I know why; the voice acting. Think about it, there're only 13 cutscenes, but it's dubbed in 7 languages. That's enough voicing for 91 cutscenes. That's got to be expensive.Not to mention that the story made no sense in the way that Modern Sonic should have remembered his Modern self from when he was Classic Sonic, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he met Classic Sonic, because he already lived the Adventure as Classic Sonic! Canonically, Sonic was only 5 when that happened, supposedly, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to forget. Also, Sonic IS fairly irreverent, so he might forget based on that idea. If push comes to shove, there's always TIME PARADOX!Also, about the alternate timelines (Stardust Speedway and Crisis City).... TIME PARADOX!And there was also the lack of exclusive characters such as Tikal I agree, I wish the helpers from specific games had reppeared in their level, Shara the Ring Genie But there's no Secret Rings stuff besides that one reference, besides she'd need a new voice, Chip, Professor Pickle Why?, Orbot, Cubot They did appear though, Sonic the Werehog This would require makign an entirely new playstyle for one level, it's not exactly practical. Though it could have made a cool gimmick... though Sonic would have to be recorrupted by Dark Gaia for it to work anyways., Omega Or E 2101!, Big I'm surprised he doesn't appear, honestly..., etc. I was expecting them! The story was a major letdown overall, and if you've played the game, you'll see what I mean. I agree, it's really disappointing that most of the levels were just pretty set pieces. The only levels that get any reference at all are Chemical Plant and Green Hill. In particular I was disappointed that Crisis City, or rather, Sonic 06, got no coverage at all. No self depreciating jokes. In fact, that's what I was looking forward to, this new Sonic looking back on these older, crazier stories. I was saying to a friend of mien the other day that if you took Generation's plot, and changed things so Sonic was visiting different eras (Like Prehistoric, Future, etc.) very few chanegs would need to be made to the plot for it to work.Now a positive aspect: the music!!And Mata Nui, was the music amazing! It wasn't too nostalgic (Only Rooftop Run Modern was for me), but it was still amazing! The only not too great/creative ones were Modern Speed Highway, Modern Seaside Hill, Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary. Yeah, they were basically updated re-releases... But that's all I need to say, because the music was godly.And the Hub Worlds. I'm kinda mixed on these.I wanted 3D Hubs like Unleashed for Modern Sonic and 2D Hubs for Classic Sonic. There was a rumour once that Classic Sonic would play on the White Space world map, but each level got a 3D hub for Modern Sonic to explore once you entered a door as Classic Sonic. I'm disappointed it wasn't true. That would have been awesome. But I think that the execution of the Hubs weren't bad, and the unlockabale music is awesome!And thank the Great Beings that the Red Stars aren't needed to unlock Super Sonic and to get all of the Chaos Emeralds. ​Thank the great beings they actually give you hints for FINDING the Red Rings now...Now for the last part: The final boss, which seems to be controversial. I think that the gameplay itself was good, but it was nothing too special. Same with the music. It would have been better if the final boss music was a remix of the main theme. Honestly, that Sonic 4 Invincibility remix would have been nice for at least half of the fight...Oh wait, THERE WAS NO MAIN THEME!! Yes there was. It plays during the results screen, and you can hear it if you wait long enough on the title screen.Seriously Sonic Team, all we got from Crush 40 was the Open Your Heart remix. A main theme would have been nice. Or the final boss could have been a mix of Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia, and Nega Wisp Armor Phase 2. Honestly, a song that mixed the most memorable part of the final boss music of the games presented in this game would have been the best. That would have been cool. And the constant shouting from Sonic's friends of "That looks like a Homing Shot!!!" got annoying. Maybe THAT'S the remix? :PMy final score on this game is about a 80/100.Not bad.I'm done now.Edit: Not done. I'd just like to add that I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Colors, and Sonic CD more than this game, putting this game at my #5 favorite Sonic game of all time. Although it could be argues that this game ties with Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I love how a bunch of your top games are classic games, yet Modern Sonic is your favourite :PNow I'm done. :)

Also, I think I'm about ready for a Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Trailer, even if it's just a Teaser....

Comments in bold

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Oh, I guess I'm not supposed to link to large images....Here are my final thoughts on Sonic Generations:

First off, I'd like to say that this is an overall wonderful, game, but compared to how it was hyped up to be awesome, I found it to be kind of a letdown.Great gameplay, first off. There are flaws, though. Modern Sonic feels too different from Unleashed's Day gameplay, which I positively adored. It felt too... what's the word... weak. Uhm, how do I explain this....Pretty much, it didn't have that same feel as Unleashed's Day stages, which were better imo. What I did like about Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations was the platforming. For the most part, the platforming and speed balanced out perfectly. Take Speed Highway and Rooftop Run as examples. At times, though, there was too much platforming. *Looks at Planet Wisp*. Also, there are some really obscure shortcuts, such as the ones on Chemical Plant and Speed Highway. Generally, people won't just stumble across one of those on their own. On the other hand, the Modern bosses were to die for. Shadow the Hedgehog, Perfect Chaos, Silver the hedgehog, Egg Dragoon, all awesome bosses. I play them over and over and over again, and the hard mode adds to the fun. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of the levels. Seriously, why is there no hard mode for the regular stages? Overall, I greatly enjoyed the Modern gameplay, and the pros far outweigh the cons.On to Classic Sonic. Although he felt heavier than the original Classic Sonic, I still enjoyed him. One complaint I have about him is the spin dash. If you press Square/X and don't hold it down for long enough, Sonic will do a whimpy spin dash, which annoys me a lot. Another thin was that there was some good platforming, but it could get really frustrating at times. Especially in Seaside Hill and Crisis City. But if you ask me, the levels were well done and much better than I expected. Another thing I'd just like to ask you guys is: Does Classic Sonic feel out of place in the Dreamcast and Modern Eras? I mean, Classic Sonic just felt weirder to play as in City Escape than he did in Chemical Plant. Just some food for thought. It's really minor, and it's hard to figure out why I get this feeling; I just do. Also, I love the shields.Now for the worst part of the game, imo: the story.I mean seriously, what was Sonic team thinking? It seems like it's not even done fully; there are so many holes in the plot, such as when Modern Sonic and tails met Classic Tails. I mean, after the Death Egg, he just appeared there. You would have never seen him unless you played Co-op Tails in Classic Chemical Plant before.Also Eggman. Sonic barely even cared that Eggman was there, not surprised at all, even though he hadn't seen Eggman in months, and he never wondered how he got there.Also, if you didn't notice, Sonic didn't say word to any side character besides Tails and Eggman, almost as it he Roger Craig Smith was unavailable to voice responses.Not to mention that the story made no sense in the way that Modern Sonic should have remembered his Modern self from when he was Classic Sonic, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he met Classic Sonic, because he already lived the Adventure as Classic Sonic!Also, about the alternate timelines (Stardust Speedway and Crisis City)....And there was also the lack of exclusive characters such as Tikal, Shara the Ring Genie, Chip, Professor Pickle, Orbot, Cubot, Sonic the Werehog, Omega, Big, etc. I was expecting them! The story was a major letdown overall, and if you've played the game, you'll see what I mean.Now a positive aspect: the music!!And Mata Nui, was the music amazing! It wasn't too nostalgic (Only Rooftop Run Modern was for me), but it was still amazing! The only not too great/creative ones were Modern Speed Highway, Modern Seaside Hill, Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary. But that's all I need to say, because the music was godly.And the Hub Worlds. I'm kinda mixed on these.I wanted 3D Hubs like Unleashed for Modern Sonic and 2D Hubs for Classic Sonic. That would have been awesome. But I think that the execution of the Hubs weren't bad, and the unlockabale music is awesome!And thank the Great Beings that the Red Stars aren't needed to unlock Super Sonic and to get all of the Chaos Emeralds.Now for the last part: The final boss, which seems to be controversial. I think that the gameplay itself was good, but it was nothing too special. Same with the music. It would have been better if the final boss music was a remix of the main theme.Oh wait, THERE WAS NO MAIN THEME!!Seriously Sonic Team, all we got from Crush 40 was the Open Your Heart remix. A main theme would have been nice. Or the final boss could have been a mix of Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia, and Nega Wisp Armor Phase 2. That would have been cool. And the constant shouting from Sonic's friends of "That looks like a Homing Shot!!!" got annoying.My final score on this game is about a 80/100.Not bad.I'm done now.Edit: Not done. I'd just like to add that I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Colors, and Sonic CD more than this game, putting this game at my #5 favorite Sonic game of all time. Although it could be argues that this game ties with Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.Now I'm done. :)

Also, I think I'm about ready for a Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Trailer, even if it's just a Teaser....

Your review.It sucks :DI mean. Most of your complaints are stupid things or irrelevant points.

No main theme? Get over it! It's not a big thing! You're just expecting a Main Theme because all the past games had a main theme. But this one hadn't, big deal.Second, your critism of a few music tracks, Modern Speed Highway and Modern Seaside Hill, they have upgraded instruments, and I'd rather have upgraded instruments than a bad remix. Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary, let me tell you that the Sound Team couldn't do the Classic remixes from scratch because they couldn't get the approval of the original compositor (forgot the name).Third, lame final boss, it wasn't THAT bad. It just felt weird because it was a slow fight.Fourth, lame story? Let me tell you what Generations is about.1. Evil monster arrives in Sonic's birthday, kidnaps everyone2. Sonic wakes up in the White World, sees Green Hill, GREEN HILL TIEM3. More levels and stuff, Death Egg Robot. Meets himself in the past.4. "WE MUST RESCUE OUR FRIENDS AND STUFF"5. We've restored all the emeralds, let's beat Time Eater6. GOOD LORD TWO EGGMANS7. FINAL BATTLE8. THE END.I clearly don't see how it was a lame story, linear? I know that, short? Can understand that. But it wasn't a lame story, because there wasn't anything to extend upon, it was a linear story for young fans to understand.Fifth, no hard mode for Levels. What do you think, that SEGA are gods or something? The discs have a limit you know, and I don't think that SEGA will leave exclusive content on the PS3.Sixth, the hub worlds. SEGA did this because the Hub Worlds of Unleashed got critism for being "a labyrinth". 'Nuff said. Seventh, ???Eight, PROFIT.Now I finish my counterreview by saying that your argument is invalid. Because, Crisis City.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

First off, I'd like to say that this is an overall wonderful, game, but compared to how it was hyped up to be awesome, I found it to be kind of a letdown.Great gameplay, first off. There are flaws, though. Modern Sonic feels too different from Unleashed's Day gameplay, which I positively adored. It felt too... what's the word... weak. Uhm, how do I explain this....Pretty much, it didn't have that same feel as Unleashed's Day stages, which were better imo. What I did like about Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations was the platforming. For the most part, the platforming and speed balanced out perfectly. Take Speed Highway and Rooftop Run as examples. At times, though, there was too much platforming. *Looks at Planet Wisp*. Also, there are some really obscure shortcuts, such as the ones on Chemical Plant and Speed Highway. Generally, people won't just stumble across one of those on their own. On the other hand, the Modern bosses were to die for. Shadow the Hedgehog, Perfect Chaos, Silver the hedgehog, Egg Dragoon, all awesome bosses. I play them over and over and over again, and the hard mode adds to the fun. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of the levels. Seriously, why is there no hard mode for the regular stages? Overall, I greatly enjoyed the Modern gameplay, and the pros far outweigh the cons.On to Classic Sonic. Although he felt heavier than the original Classic Sonic, I still enjoyed him. One complaint I have about him is the spin dash. If you press Square/X and don't hold it down for long enough, Sonic will do a whimpy spin dash, which annoys me a lot. Another thin was that there was some good platforming, but it could get really frustrating at times. Especially in Seaside Hill and Crisis City. But if you ask me, the levels were well done and much better than I expected. Another thing I'd just like to ask you guys is: Does Classic Sonic feel out of place in the Dreamcast and Modern Eras? I mean, Classic Sonic just felt weirder to play as in City Escape than he did in Chemical Plant. Just some food for thought. It's really minor, and it's hard to figure out why I get this feeling; I just do. Also, I love the shields.Now for the worst part of the game, imo: the story.I mean seriously, what was Sonic team thinking? It seems like it's not even done fully; there are so many holes in the plot, such as when Modern Sonic and tails met Classic Tails. I mean, after the Death Egg, he just appeared there. You would have never seen him unless you played Co-op Tails in Classic Chemical Plant before.Also Eggman. Sonic barely even cared that Eggman was there, not surprised at all, even though he hadn't seen Eggman in months, and he never wondered how he got there.Also, if you didn't notice, Sonic didn't say word to any side character besides Tails and Eggman, almost as it he Roger Craig Smith was unavailable to voice responses.Not to mention that the story made no sense in the way that Modern Sonic should have remembered his Modern self from when he was Classic Sonic, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he met Classic Sonic, because he already lived the Adventure as Classic Sonic!Also, about the alternate timelines (Stardust Speedway and Crisis City)....And there was also the lack of exclusive characters such as Tikal, Shara the Ring Genie, Chip, Professor Pickle, Orbot, Cubot, Sonic the Werehog, Omega, Big, etc. I was expecting them! The story was a major letdown overall, and if you've played the game, you'll see what I mean.Now a positive aspect: the music!!And Mata Nui, was the music amazing! It wasn't too nostalgic (Only Rooftop Run Modern was for me), but it was still amazing! The only not too great/creative ones were Modern Speed Highway, Modern Seaside Hill, Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary. But that's all I need to say, because the music was godly.And the Hub Worlds. I'm kinda mixed on these.I wanted 3D Hubs like Unleashed for Modern Sonic and 2D Hubs for Classic Sonic. That would have been awesome. But I think that the execution of the Hubs weren't bad, and the unlockabale music is awesome!And thank the Great Beings that the Red Stars aren't needed to unlock Super Sonic and to get all of the Chaos Emeralds.Now for the last part: The final boss, which seems to be controversial. I think that the gameplay itself was good, but it was nothing too special. Same with the music. It would have been better if the final boss music was a remix of the main theme.Oh wait, THERE WAS NO MAIN THEME!!Seriously Sonic Team, all we got from Crush 40 was the Open Your Heart remix. A main theme would have been nice. Or the final boss could have been a mix of Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia, and Nega Wisp Armor Phase 2. That would have been cool. And the constant shouting from Sonic's friends of "That looks like a Homing Shot!!!" got annoying.My final score on this game is about a 80/100.Not bad.I'm done now.Edit: Not done. I'd just like to add that I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Colors, and Sonic CD more than this game, putting this game at my #5 favorite Sonic game of all time. Although it could be argues that this game ties with Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.Now I'm done. :)

Your review.It sucks :biggrin:I mean. Most of your complaints are stupid things or irrelevant points.

No main theme? Get over it! It's not a big thing! You're just expecting a Main Theme because all the past games had a main theme. But this one hadn't, big deal. There is a main themeSecond, your critism of a few music tracks, Modern Speed Highway and Modern Seaside Hill, they have upgraded instruments, and I'd rather have upgraded instruments than a bad remix. Better to have a bad remix you can replace with 50 other songs than to not have it at all because it might be bad. Also, a bad remix? Are you familiar with Sonic music? It's impossible. Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary, let me tell you that the Sound Team couldn't do the Classic remixes from scratch because they couldn't get the approval of the original compositor (forgot the name). Makes no sense. Sega bought back the rights to the Green Hill tune just for this game, I'm sure they'd do the same for these. Except they already own them. And they were both remixed for Modern Sonic anyways.Third, lame final boss, it wasn't THAT bad. It just felt weird because it was a slow fight. The weird thing is that it's a fast fight, but the background is so weird it looks slow.Fourth, lame story? Let me tell you what Generations is about.1. Evil monster arrives in Sonic's birthday, kidnaps everyone2. Sonic wakes up in the White World, sees Green Hill, GREEN HILL TIEM3. More levels and stuff, Death Egg Robot. Meets himself in the past.4. "WE MUST RESCUE OUR FRIENDS AND STUFF" This belonds near the front5. We've restored all the emeralds, let's beat Time Eater More like 'We've restored the emeralds, let's waste them on some random gear thing for no reason'6. GOOD LORD TWO EGGMANS I believe you mean Eggmen7. FINAL BATTLE8. THE END.Sounds lame to meI clearly don't see how it was a lame story, linear? Linear is an odd thing to say, all Sonic games have a linear story. I know that, short? Can understand that. But it wasn't a lame story, because there wasn't anything to extend upon, it was a linear story for young fans to understand. You need to give kids more credit. This isn't a simple plot for kids, it's a short rushed plot. If I could understand the plot of Adventure as a kid, it certainly doesn't have to be dumbed down a decade later. Besides, this is a game meant to appeal to existing fans through nostalgia, not something to draw in kids.Fifth, no hard mode for Levels. What do you think, that SEGA are gods or something? The discs have a limit you know, and I don't think that SEGA will leave exclusive content on the PS3. You seem to underestimate how much stuff that can fit on a disk. Hard mode versions of levels would barely increase the filesize as they would probably reuse elements already in the game, basically adding spikes and enemies and adding fewer rings. The fact of the matter is, Sega could have fit twice the levels on the disk, but considering Generations had an over four year development cycle I doubt they could have done that in a timely fashion. If anything, the short size of Generations, combined with optimization of the Hedgheog Engine would mean there is a lot of empty space on the disk. It's not like there're a bunch of CGI cutscenes to fill up space.Sixth, the hub worlds. SEGA did this because the Hub Worlds of Unleashed got critism for being "a labyrinth". 'Nuff said. They got criticism because the critics of Unleashed were fresh off 06 and practically searching for complaints. I doubt anybody could get lost in the HUBs of Unleashed.Seventh, ???Eight, PROFIT.Now I finish my counterreview by saying that your argument is invalid. Because, Crisis City. TIME PARADOX!

Comments in Bold.So, I just noticed something randomly. Has anybody else found the piano bit in Metal Sonics theme similar to part of Empire City from Unleashed? I have no way to point out WHICH part, because this is only text, and I can't just link it, but has anybody else felt similarly? Edited by hatok

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Your review.It sucks :biggrin:I mean. Most of your complaints are stupid things or irrelevant points.

No main theme? Get over it! It's not a big thing! You're just expecting a Main Theme because all the past games had a main theme. But this one hadn't, big deal. There is a main themeSecond, your critism of a few music tracks, Modern Speed Highway and Modern Seaside Hill, they have upgraded instruments, and I'd rather have upgraded instruments than a bad remix. Better to have a bad remix you can replace with 50 other songs than to not have it at all because it might be bad. Also, a bad remix? Are you familiar with Sonic music? It's impossible. Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary, let me tell you that the Sound Team couldn't do the Classic remixes from scratch because they couldn't get the approval of the original compositor (forgot the name). Makes no sense. Sega bought back the rights to the Green Hill tune just for this game, I'm sure they'd do the same for these. Except they already own them. And they were both remixed for Modern Sonic anyways.Third, lame final boss, it wasn't THAT bad. It just felt weird because it was a slow fight. The weird thing is that it's a fast fight, but the background is so weird it looks slow.Fourth, lame story? Let me tell you what Generations is about.1. Evil monster arrives in Sonic's birthday, kidnaps everyone2. Sonic wakes up in the White World, sees Green Hill, GREEN HILL TIEM3. More levels and stuff, Death Egg Robot. Meets himself in the past.4. "WE MUST RESCUE OUR FRIENDS AND STUFF" This belonds near the front5. We've restored all the emeralds, let's beat Time Eater More like 'We've restored the emeralds, let's waste them on some random gear thing for no reason'6. GOOD LORD TWO EGGMANS I believe you mean Eggmen7. FINAL BATTLE8. THE END.Sounds lame to meI clearly don't see how it was a lame story, linear? Linear is an odd thing to say, all Sonic games have a linear story. I know that, short? Can understand that. But it wasn't a lame story, because there wasn't anything to extend upon, it was a linear story for young fans to understand. You need to give kids more credit. This isn't a simple plot for kids, it's a short rushed plot. If I could understand the plot of Adventure as a kid, it certainly doesn't have to be dumbed down a decade later. Besides, this is a game meant to appeal to existing fans through nostalgia, not something to draw in kids.Fifth, no hard mode for Levels. What do you think, that SEGA are gods or something? The discs have a limit you know, and I don't think that SEGA will leave exclusive content on the PS3. You seem to underestimate how much stuff that can fit on a disk. Hard mode versions of levels would barely increase the filesize as they would probably reuse elements already in the game, basically adding spikes and enemies and adding fewer rings. The fact of the matter is, Sega could have fit twice the levels on the disk, but considering Generations had an over four year development cycle I doubt they could have done that in a timely fashion. If anything, the short size of Generations, combined with optimization of the Hedgheog Engine would mean there is a lot of empty space on the disk. It's not like there're a bunch of CGI cutscenes to fill up space.Sixth, the hub worlds. SEGA did this because the Hub Worlds of Unleashed got critism for being "a labyrinth". 'Nuff said. They got criticism because the critics of Unleashed were fresh off 06 and practically searching for complaints. I doubt anybody could get lost in the HUBs of Unleashed.Seventh, ???Eight, PROFIT.Now I finish my counterreview by saying that your argument is invalid. Because, Crisis City. TIME PARADOX!

Comments in Bold.
No wait, when I said that they couldn't get the rights to make Classic remixes from scratch I meant that they couldn't touch the original music. They only could "remaster" it, not remix it.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Comments in Bold.
No wait, when I said that they couldn't get the rights to make Classic remixes from scratch I meant that they couldn't touch the original music. They only could "remaster" it, not remix it.
But they didn't remaster it. They added instruments, drums and sound effects. That qualifies it as a remix.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Okay, read all the reviews posted here and their rebuttals and the rebuttals of the rebuttals, and having finished the game and the genesis era of missions and red rings, I think it's time for my own full review:

Sonic Generations was fantastic. However, even fantastic things still have their flaws.First flaw: The story was short. I understand how it can be hard to expand on it, but why not have Time Eater be like Perfect Chaos or Dark Gaia? Then we can expand by looking into it's backstory. Right now, we can either assume its the Nega-Wisp energy that hit the moon from the end of Colors, or the plot point for a future game. (There's your starting point, Sonic Dimensions, the Time Eater goo wasn't destroyed, it was merely stopped for the time being!!!) Or both.Next flaw: The characters only really remark on Green Hill and Chemical plant. I think you could have gone without the cutscenes for each of Sonic's pals individually, and mentioned something about each level after it was played through. A lot more Modern and Classic Sonic interaction, while the pals can see both Sonics together. I think that could just have been done better.Next flaw: "ITS A WARPING ARM ATTACK!" "It's attacking." "ITS A WARPING ARM ATTACK!" "That looks like a Homing Shot!" "Be careful Sonic!" "That looks like a Homing Shot!" in the final battle.Honestly, I appreciated attack warnings. It let me know what was coming. However, I wish they had spiced up what they said. The characters all shouted "IT'S A WARPING ARM ATTACK!" Exactly the same way! Every time! Say something like "He's doing that Warping Arm attack again!" or even "Look out for his Warping Arm Attack!" It would have helped out quite a bit.My Pentumliate Flaw: I find the main theme (And it's absence from the Final Boss Battle) Lackluster. It's the only Sonic tune I haven't really taken a liking to yet. (Of course, that will come later, but still.) I wish it was more of an epic theme so it could have gone with the boss battle. Although I still have the theme used for Super Sonic in my head...Last Flaw: THE MUSIC DOESN'T CHANGE WHEN YOU GO SUPER SONIC IN A LEVEL! Honestly, that was dissapointing. I was expecting the music to die out, and the epic Super Sonic theme from the final boss battle to start playing. So sad...Other than that, I can't really find anything wrong with Sonic Generations. Epic game, go buy it, all that jazz. What are you still reading for? GO BUY IT!!!

What does His World have to do with anything I said?

Nothing with your review, just that you mentioned it in an earlier post and I happened to find it and remember that you asked about it. Edited by King Joe

Oh, I guess I'm not supposed to link to large images.... Here are my final thoughts on Sonic Generations:

First off, I'd like to say that this is an overall wonderful, game, but compared to how it was hyped up to be awesome, I found it to be kind of a letdown. Great gameplay, first off. There are flaws, though. Modern Sonic feels too different from Unleashed's Day gameplay, which I positively adored.It's nearly identical... it's the level design that's different, that and the lack of air boost, and the swapped homing attack controls. It felt too... what's the word... weak Glad I'm not the only one :/. Uhm, how do I explain this.... Pretty much, it didn't have that same feel as Unleashed's Day stages, which were better imo. What I did like about Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations was the platforming. For the most part, the platforming and speed balanced out perfectly. Take Speed Highway and Rooftop Run as examples. At times, though, there was too much platforming. *Looks at Planet Wisp*. Also, there are some really obscure shortcuts, such as the ones on Chemical Plant and Speed Highway What do you mean? Which shortcuts are you speaking of?. Generally, people won't just stumble across one of those on their own. On the other hand, the Modern bosses were to die for. Shadow the Hedgehog I agree, the Shadow Boss was a date to die for, Perfect Chaos, Silver the hedgehog, Egg Dragoon, all awesome bosses. I play them over and over and over again, and the hard mode adds to the fun. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of the levels. Seriously, why is there no hard mode for the regular stages ?That would require making 18 new levels, basically. The effort used to do that could probably give us one of two entirely new levels, which I'd prefer. Besides, the missions should show you what hard mode would be like. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the Modern gameplay, and the pros far outweigh the cons.Agreed On to Classic Sonic. Although he felt heavier than the original Classic Sonic Sega went all out when the fans demanded a fatter Sonic, I still enjoyed him. One complaint I have about him is the spin dash. If you press Square/X and don't hold it down for long enough, Sonic will do a whimpy spin dash, which annoys me a lot Me too!. Another thin was that there was some good platforming, but it could get really frustrating at times. Especially in Seaside Hill and Crisis City Those are my favourite Classic levels :P. But if you ask me, the levels were well done and much better than I expected Agreed. Another thing I'd just like to ask you guys is: Does Classic Sonic feel out of place in the Dreamcast and Modern Eras? I mean, Classic Sonic just felt weirder to play as in City Escape than he did in Chemical Plant Once Classic Sonic leaves the Genesis Era, he suddenly gains the ability to do a bunch of things Modern Sonic can do, and the levels become a lot more dynamic, so that's probably why. Personally, I was surprised at how well he fit in.... Just some food for thought. It's really minor, and it's hard to figure out why I get this feeling; I just do. Also, I love the shields. Yes yes YES! Now for the worst part of the game, imo: the story. Unfortunately... I mean seriously, what was Sonic team thinking?About the levels probably. It seems like it's not even done fully; there are so many holes in the plot, such as when Modern Sonic and tails met Classic Tails. That was kinda odd, but it's not really a plot hole. I mean, after the Death Egg, he just appeared there. You would have never seen him unless you played Co-op Tails in Classic Chemical Plant before.I never even thought of that :P Also Eggman. Sonic barely even cared that Eggman was there, not surprised at all, even though he hadn't seen Eggman in months, and he never wondered how he got there.One, how do you know it has been months? Two, that's Sonics character. Eggman does this all the time, it dosn't surprise him. He facepalsm when Eggman reveals himself Also, if you didn't notice, Sonic didn't say word to any side character besides Tails and Eggman, almost as it he Roger Craig Smith was unavailable to voice responses. Nobody says anything to the side characters. The ONLY interaction is Amy and Knuckles at the end. Actually, I think I know why; the voice acting. Think about it, there're only 13 cutscenes, but it's dubbed in 7 languages. That's enough voicing for 91 cutscenes. That's got to be expensive. Not to mention that the story made no sense in the way that Modern Sonic should have remembered his Modern self from when he was Classic Sonic, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he met Classic Sonic, because he already lived the Adventure as Classic Sonic! Canonically, Sonic was only 5 when that happened, supposedly, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to forget. Also, Sonic IS fairly irreverent, so he might forget based on that idea. If push comes to shove, there's always TIME PARADOX! Also, about the alternate timelines (Stardust Speedway and Crisis City).... TIME PARADOX! And there was also the lack of exclusive characters such as Tikal I agree, I wish the helpers from specific games had reppeared in their level, Shara the Ring Genie But there's no Secret Rings stuff besides that one reference, besides she'd need a new voice, Chip, Professor Pickle Why?, Orbot, Cubot They did appear though, Sonic the Werehog This would require makign an entirely new playstyle for one level, it's not exactly practical. Though it could have made a cool gimmick... though Sonic would have to be recorrupted by Dark Gaia for it to work anyways., Omega Or E 2101!, Big I'm surprised he doesn't appear, honestly..., etc. I was expecting them! The story was a major letdown overall, and if you've played the game, you'll see what I mean. I agree, it's really disappointing that most of the levels were just pretty set pieces. The only levels that get any reference at all are Chemical Plant and Green Hill. In particular I was disappointed that Crisis City, or rather, Sonic 06, got no coverage at all. No self depreciating jokes. In fact, that's what I was looking forward to, this new Sonic looking back on these older, crazier stories. I was saying to a friend of mien the other day that if you took Generation's plot, and changed things so Sonic was visiting different eras (Like Prehistoric, Future, etc.) very few chanegs would need to be made to the plot for it to work. Now a positive aspect: the music!! And Mata Nui, was the music amazing! It wasn't too nostalgic (Only Rooftop Run Modern was for me), but it was still amazing! The only not too great/creative ones were Modern Speed Highway, Modern Seaside Hill, Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary. Yeah, they were basically updated re-releases... But that's all I need to say, because the music was godly. And the Hub Worlds. I'm kinda mixed on these. I wanted 3D Hubs like Unleashed for Modern Sonic and 2D Hubs for Classic Sonic. There was a rumour once that Classic Sonic would play on the White Space world map, but each level got a 3D hub for Modern Sonic to explore once you entered a door as Classic Sonic. I'm disappointed it wasn't true. That would have been awesome. But I think that the execution of the Hubs weren't bad, and the unlockabale music is awesome! And thank the Great Beings that the Red Stars aren't needed to unlock Super Sonic and to get all of the Chaos Emeralds. ​Thank the great beings they actually give you hints for FINDING the Red Rings now... Now for the last part: The final boss, which seems to be controversial. I think that the gameplay itself was good, but it was nothing too special. Same with the music. It would have been better if the final boss music was a remix of the main theme. Honestly, that Sonic 4 Invincibility remix would have been nice for at least half of the fight... Oh wait, THERE WAS NO MAIN THEME!! Yes there was. It plays during the results screen, and you can hear it if you wait long enough on the title screen. Seriously Sonic Team, all we got from Crush 40 was the Open Your Heart remix. A main theme would have been nice. Or the final boss could have been a mix of Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia, and Nega Wisp Armor Phase 2. Honestly, a song that mixed the most memorable part of the final boss music of the games presented in this game would have been the best. That would have been cool. And the constant shouting from Sonic's friends of "That looks like a Homing Shot!!!" got annoying. Maybe THAT'S the remix? :P My final score on this game is about a 80/100. Not bad. I'm done now. Edit: Not done. I'd just like to add that I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Colors, and Sonic CD more than this game, putting this game at my #5 favorite Sonic game of all time. Although it could be argues that this game ties with Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I love how a bunch of your top games are classic games, yet Modern Sonic is your favourite :P Now I'm done. :)

Comments in bold

You bring up good points, but the theme after the results aren't really a main theme if it's only played after the results! Oh, and in one cutscene. I feel like the main theme was more the title theme, but then again, that was only played once. Now that I think of it, the final boss theme should have been a remix of Final Zone from Sonic 1!! That would have been awesome!

Edit: Back online!

Edited by knuckles chaotix

After some thinking, I figured out how Blaze and Sonic 06 fits in with Sonic Rush. See, the Sonic rush games happened, then blaze returned to Sonic's dimension, only years in the future, to help Silver battle Iblis. Of course, it all became moot when they erased the events of the game from existence, but still.

After some thinking, I figured out how Blaze and Sonic 06 fits in with Sonic Rush. See, the Sonic rush games happened, then blaze returned to Sonic's dimension, only years in the future, to help Silver battle Iblis. Of course, it all became moot when they erased the events of the game from existence, but still.

She and Silver fit because Sonic Team likes them./Discussion

More like they fit because they have a fanbase

Oh, I guess I'm not supposed to link to large images.... Here are my final thoughts on Sonic Generations:

First off, I'd like to say that this is an overall wonderful, game, but compared to how it was hyped up to be awesome, I found it to be kind of a letdown. Great gameplay, first off. There are flaws, though. Modern Sonic feels too different from Unleashed's Day gameplay, which I positively adored.It's nearly identical... it's the level design that's different, that and the lack of air boost, and the swapped homing attack controls. It felt too... what's the word... weak Glad I'm not the only one :/. Uhm, how do I explain this.... Pretty much, it didn't have that same feel as Unleashed's Day stages, which were better imo. What I did like about Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations was the platforming. For the most part, the platforming and speed balanced out perfectly. Take Speed Highway and Rooftop Run as examples. At times, though, there was too much platforming. *Looks at Planet Wisp*. Also, there are some really obscure shortcuts, such as the ones on Chemical Plant and Speed Highway What do you mean? Which shortcuts are you speaking of?. Generally, people won't just stumble across one of those on their own. On the other hand, the Modern bosses were to die for. Shadow the Hedgehog I agree, the Shadow Boss was a date to die for, Perfect Chaos, Silver the hedgehog, Egg Dragoon, all awesome bosses. I play them over and over and over again, and the hard mode adds to the fun. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of the levels. Seriously, why is there no hard mode for the regular stages ?That would require making 18 new levels, basically. The effort used to do that could probably give us one of two entirely new levels, which I'd prefer. Besides, the missions should show you what hard mode would be like. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the Modern gameplay, and the pros far outweigh the cons.Agreed On to Classic Sonic. Although he felt heavier than the original Classic Sonic Sega went all out when the fans demanded a fatter Sonic, I still enjoyed him. One complaint I have about him is the spin dash. If you press Square/X and don't hold it down for long enough, Sonic will do a whimpy spin dash, which annoys me a lot Me too!. Another thin was that there was some good platforming, but it could get really frustrating at times. Especially in Seaside Hill and Crisis City Those are my favourite Classic levels :P. But if you ask me, the levels were well done and much better than I expected Agreed. Another thing I'd just like to ask you guys is: Does Classic Sonic feel out of place in the Dreamcast and Modern Eras? I mean, Classic Sonic just felt weirder to play as in City Escape than he did in Chemical Plant Once Classic Sonic leaves the Genesis Era, he suddenly gains the ability to do a bunch of things Modern Sonic can do, and the levels become a lot more dynamic, so that's probably why. Personally, I was surprised at how well he fit in.... Just some food for thought. It's really minor, and it's hard to figure out why I get this feeling; I just do. Also, I love the shields. Yes yes YES! Now for the worst part of the game, imo: the story. Unfortunately... I mean seriously, what was Sonic team thinking?About the levels probably. It seems like it's not even done fully; there are so many holes in the plot, such as when Modern Sonic and tails met Classic Tails. That was kinda odd, but it's not really a plot hole. I mean, after the Death Egg, he just appeared there. You would have never seen him unless you played Co-op Tails in Classic Chemical Plant before.I never even thought of that :P Also Eggman. Sonic barely even cared that Eggman was there, not surprised at all, even though he hadn't seen Eggman in months, and he never wondered how he got there.One, how do you know it has been months? Two, that's Sonics character. Eggman does this all the time, it dosn't surprise him. He facepalsm when Eggman reveals himself Also, if you didn't notice, Sonic didn't say word to any side character besides Tails and Eggman, almost as it he Roger Craig Smith was unavailable to voice responses. Nobody says anything to the side characters. The ONLY interaction is Amy and Knuckles at the end. Actually, I think I know why; the voice acting. Think about it, there're only 13 cutscenes, but it's dubbed in 7 languages. That's enough voicing for 91 cutscenes. That's got to be expensive. Not to mention that the story made no sense in the way that Modern Sonic should have remembered his Modern self from when he was Classic Sonic, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he met Classic Sonic, because he already lived the Adventure as Classic Sonic! Canonically, Sonic was only 5 when that happened, supposedly, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to forget. Also, Sonic IS fairly irreverent, so he might forget based on that idea. If push comes to shove, there's always TIME PARADOX! Also, about the alternate timelines (Stardust Speedway and Crisis City).... TIME PARADOX! And there was also the lack of exclusive characters such as Tikal I agree, I wish the helpers from specific games had reppeared in their level, Shara the Ring Genie But there's no Secret Rings stuff besides that one reference, besides she'd need a new voice, Chip, Professor Pickle Why?, Orbot, Cubot They did appear though, Sonic the Werehog This would require makign an entirely new playstyle for one level, it's not exactly practical. Though it could have made a cool gimmick... though Sonic would have to be recorrupted by Dark Gaia for it to work anyways., Omega Or E 2101!, Big I'm surprised he doesn't appear, honestly..., etc. I was expecting them! The story was a major letdown overall, and if you've played the game, you'll see what I mean. I agree, it's really disappointing that most of the levels were just pretty set pieces. The only levels that get any reference at all are Chemical Plant and Green Hill. In particular I was disappointed that Crisis City, or rather, Sonic 06, got no coverage at all. No self depreciating jokes. In fact, that's what I was looking forward to, this new Sonic looking back on these older, crazier stories. I was saying to a friend of mien the other day that if you took Generation's plot, and changed things so Sonic was visiting different eras (Like Prehistoric, Future, etc.) very few chanegs would need to be made to the plot for it to work. Now a positive aspect: the music!! And Mata Nui, was the music amazing! It wasn't too nostalgic (Only Rooftop Run Modern was for me), but it was still amazing! The only not too great/creative ones were Modern Speed Highway, Modern Seaside Hill, Classic Chemical Plant, and Classic Sky Sanctuary. Yeah, they were basically updated re-releases... But that's all I need to say, because the music was godly. And the Hub Worlds. I'm kinda mixed on these. I wanted 3D Hubs like Unleashed for Modern Sonic and 2D Hubs for Classic Sonic. There was a rumour once that Classic Sonic would play on the White Space world map, but each level got a 3D hub for Modern Sonic to explore once you entered a door as Classic Sonic. I'm disappointed it wasn't true. That would have been awesome. But I think that the execution of the Hubs weren't bad, and the unlockabale music is awesome! And thank the Great Beings that the Red Stars aren't needed to unlock Super Sonic and to get all of the Chaos Emeralds. ​Thank the great beings they actually give you hints for FINDING the Red Rings now... Now for the last part: The final boss, which seems to be controversial. I think that the gameplay itself was good, but it was nothing too special. Same with the music. It would have been better if the final boss music was a remix of the main theme. Honestly, that Sonic 4 Invincibility remix would have been nice for at least half of the fight... Oh wait, THERE WAS NO MAIN THEME!! Yes there was. It plays during the results screen, and you can hear it if you wait long enough on the title screen. Seriously Sonic Team, all we got from Crush 40 was the Open Your Heart remix. A main theme would have been nice. Or the final boss could have been a mix of Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs. Perfect Dark Gaia, and Nega Wisp Armor Phase 2. Honestly, a song that mixed the most memorable part of the final boss music of the games presented in this game would have been the best. That would have been cool. And the constant shouting from Sonic's friends of "That looks like a Homing Shot!!!" got annoying. Maybe THAT'S the remix? :P My final score on this game is about a 80/100. Not bad. I'm done now. Edit: Not done. I'd just like to add that I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Colors, and Sonic CD more than this game, putting this game at my #5 favorite Sonic game of all time. Although it could be argues that this game ties with Sonic Heroes and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I love how a bunch of your top games are classic games, yet Modern Sonic is your favourite :P Now I'm done. :)

Comments in bold

You bring up good points, but the theme after the results aren't really a main theme if it's only played after the results! Oh, and in one cutscene. I feel like the main theme was more the title theme, but then again, that was only played once. Now that I think of it, the final boss theme should have been a remix of Final Zone from Sonic 1!! That would have been awesome!

No, it's definitely the main theme. I plays during the CGI opening, one of the cutscenes, and during the results screen. It's the most recurring song in the game and is always associated with Sonic.I think the final boss theme should have taken cues from the other final boss music, but remained its own original song.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

More like they fit because they have a fanbase

Comments in bold

No, it's definitely the main theme. I plays during the CGI opening, one of the cutscenes, and during the results screen. It's the most recurring song in the game and is always associated with Sonic.I think the final boss theme should have taken cues from the other final boss music, but remained its own original song.
What I wanted most was a main vocal theme, preferrably by Crush 40.Also, has anybody heard the new M&S Grand Metropolis remix? It's amazing. Better than 90&% of the tracks that came out of Generations.

One of the main theories is that Blaze was from the future with Silver, and 06 happened. Then 06 was retconned, however, she was still sealed in another dimension, and only forgot about being in Sonic's dimension, and Blaze and Silver never met til Colors. Then the Rush games happened, even if they supposedly happened before 06, because 06 was retconned before they could happen. Also, even though Rush was made before 06, Rush Adventure was made in 07, and I don't know if it's been confirmed if either of them took place before Sonic 06.Of course, it could be option C and she's from the future of an alternate dimension, though that seems the least unlikely. :P
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Guys it's not Windmill Isle in Sonic Generations 3DS.

It's Water Palace from Sonic Rush!

Edit: Also

The 3DS game was leaked. Somebody in Germany got it early!Tropical Resort modern music is awesome!Modern Emerald Coast has good music (Windy & Ripply), but the gameplay is terrible.The only good part is the music.

I really never liked water palace from Sonic Rush. In fact the first one was pretty boring.

Which is why the 3DS version is terrible. I heard the music for Tropical Resort Modern, and it's the most amazing thing I've ever heard.Yeah, Sonic Generaions 3DS was released early in parts of Europe.

Except that's only one part of Rush, as opposed to every aspect of Sonic '6 being terrible.

Actually, I think 06 was more "wrong time, wrong place, and rushed" (Pardon the pun)06 seemed to try to make Sonic edgy and dark. On its 15th anniversary. When most fans celebrating said anniversary would want happy and bright. They took Sonic's attitude, and made it Shadow on a really good day instead of Sonic. They were trying to reach out to a different group of people. The kind that go for Call of Duty and Halo over Sonic. Wrong time, because it was the anniversary. Wrong Place, because they marketed it to older Sonic fans. They gave it the same name as the first game for Pete's sake! Rushed because they were trying to meet an anniversary deadline and left some glitches. That's why I think 06 failed so hard. Poor planning.That, and Eggman looks rediculous. Seriously. Oh, and the fact a hedgehog was falling in love with a human girl. He needs an animal love interest, if you're gonna give him one.

Except that's only one part of Rush, as opposed to every aspect of Sonic '6 being terrible.

Actually, I think 06 was more "wrong time, wrong place, and rushed" (Pardon the pun)06 seemed to try to make Sonic edgy and dark. On its 15th anniversary. When most fans celebrating said anniversary would want happy and bright. They took Sonic's attitude, and made it Shadow on a really good day instead of Sonic. They were trying to reach out to a different group of people. The kind that go for Call of Duty and Halo over Sonic. Wrong time, because it was the anniversary. Wrong Place, because they marketed it to older Sonic fans. They gave it the same name as the first game for Pete's sake! Rushed because they were trying to meet an anniversary deadline and left some glitches. That's why I think 06 failed so hard. Poor planning.That, and Eggman looks rediculous. Seriously. Oh, and the fact a hedgehog was falling in love with a human girl. He needs an animal love interest, if you're gonna give him one.
Humans are animals.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Except humans and Hedgehogs are different species. That's why I'm kinda iffy on Knuckles and Rouge. because he's an Echidna, she's a Bat. Sonic and Amy works out well because they're both Hedgehogs.What I'm saying is that it would be weird if one of you got married to an anthropomorphic Bat. But it wouldn't be weird if you got married to another Human. See what I mean?Edit: I would also like to point out that if you're not getting Sonic Generations 3Ds and you want to be spoiled, a full playthrough is out. That last stage is the most amazing thing I've ever seen on a handheld Sonic game. ;)

Cat and a hedgehog- Silver and Blaze- SilvazeBat and a hedgehog- Shadow and Rouge- ShadougeBat and a Echidna- Knuckles and Rouge (Rouges love life is confusing) - knucougeRabbit and A fox- Tails and Cream.Big examples here. In my opionion the human thing is a little weird. But with animals who are IN A GAME!!!!! That is fine.~IBLIS TRIGGA !1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!~

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

CHANGE THE TOPIC PLEASE!!!!!!Anyway, thoughts on Sonic Dimensions rumors?

Dimensions looks like it would be mediocre.Also, lets talk about something more concrete.... Sonic 4 episode 2, anybody?
How is that more concrete?

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Dimensions looks like it would be mediocre.Also, lets talk about something more concrete.... Sonic 4 episode 2, anybody?
Because it's been officially confirmed as opposed to Dimensions which is an unconfirmed rumor. And yeah, Sonic 4 Ep2 should totally have Tails in it, given that he wasn't in the other one, he's being added as a playable character in Sonic CD (which hopefully means multiplayer as well,) and this "new trilogy" they're doing with Sonic 4 could work like the classics, at least in the sense of having only Sonic be playable in Episode 1, adding Tails in Episode 2, and maybe another character in Episode 3 (while it would probably be Knuckles, I'd like to see Blaze or Shadow playable.) Actually, maybe not for Episode 4, but if they do an Episode 5 it could be like Sonic Rush, at least with Sonic 4 gameplay (and maybe a boost system like in Rush,) along with the ability to play as Blaze or Sonic in the style of the classics with some changes to the levels and alternate paths ala Sonic and Knuckles, along with some changes in the story. Plus, if dimps was allowed to work more freely on it like they could with the Rush series they would probably make something of better quality, probably on par with the Rush games. Of course, this is coming from a guy who can't play the Rush games because he doesn't have a DS yet, but still, Episode 4 is very close to Advance, aside from having a proper homing attack and updated graphics, and Rush was basically Advance but with Blaze and Sonic instead of having five or so characters, different level designs in the way of Sonic & Knuckles, and a boost bar. Assuming they can't do this without a boosting feature and can't add that to future episodes of Sonic 4, this would be perfect for Sonic 5. It's like the Advance series and Rush all over again. :)

Because it's been officially confirmed as opposed to Dimensions which is an unconfirmed rumor. And yeah, Sonic 4 Ep2 should totally have Tails in it, given that he wasn't in the other one, he's being added as a playable character in Sonic CD (which hopefully means multiplayer as well,) and this "new trilogy" they're doing with Sonic 4 could work like the classics, at least in the sense of having only Sonic be playable in Episode 1, adding Tails in Episode 2, and maybe another character in Episode 3 (while it would probably be Knuckles, I'd like to see Blaze or Shadow playable.) Actually, maybe not for Episode 4, but if they do an Episode 5 it could be like Sonic Rush, at least with Sonic 4 gameplay (and maybe a boost system like in Rush,) along with the ability to play as Blaze or Sonic in the style of the classics with some changes to the levels and alternate paths ala Sonic and Knuckles, along with some changes in the story. Plus, if dimps was allowed to work more freely on it like they could with the Rush series they would probably make something of better quality, probably on par with the Rush games. Of course, this is coming from a guy who can't play the Rush games because he doesn't have a DS yet, but still, Episode 4 is very close to Advance, aside from having a proper homing attack and updated graphics, and Rush was basically Advance but with Blaze and Sonic instead of having five or so characters, different level designs in the way of Sonic & Knuckles, and a boost bar. Assuming they can't do this without a boosting feature and can't add that to future episodes of Sonic 4, this would be perfect for Sonic 5. It's like the Advance series and Rush all over again. :)
I'm pretty sure that Sonic 4's brand manager said that he didn't really want to make an Episode 3, and there would definitely not be an Episode 4.I feel like Episode 2 will have Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Metal Sonic in it. After all, you can't have Sonic CD rehash without Amy and Metal.

I some how would like to see Silver playable and Shadow for episode 3. I am curious how his powers would work with that element. Shadow and Silver would be great add ons to playable characters and rivals against Sonic. In fact, I think Shadow and Silver should work together. Also if you seen the sprite videos on them before. Silver and Shadow are not like that.

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

I some how would like to see Silver playable and Shadow for episode 3. I am curious how his powers would work with that element. Shadow and Silver would be great add ons to playable characters and rivals against Sonic. In fact, I think Shadow and Silver should work together. Also if you seen the sprite videos on them before. Silver and Shadow are not like that.

That would be impossible, and if Sonic Team did that, I'm sure that they'd lose lots of Sonic fans. Shadow and Silver really aren't that popular anymore.And besides, Sonic 4 takes place right after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Shadow wasn't around then, and Silver wasn't either. The only possible characters are Sonic, Tails, Amy, Metal Sonic, Eggman/Robotnik, and Knuckles. And Mighty.

That would be impossible, and if Sonic Team did that, I'm sure that they'd lose lots of Sonic fans. Shadow and Silver really aren't that popular anymore.And besides, Sonic 4 takes place right after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Shadow wasn't around then, and Silver wasn't either. The only possible characters are Sonic, Tails, Amy, Metal Sonic, Eggman/Robotnik, and Knuckles. And Mighty.
I remember having this conversation (I think it was with you,) about why Shadow and Silver could be included. Silver is from the future, so he would have to time-travel just like he has in every other game. Simple. Shadow was created around 50 years ago, so he would've been around before Sonic. The only real issue is that would mess up the rest of the storyline assuming it takes place right after episode 1, unless they decide to pull an 06 and retcon the whole thing.

The funniest thing I find about the 06 retcon was that it happened INSIDE THE GAME!!!Like they were covering all their bases if the game failed or something. It wouldn't be referenced outside of time paradoxes.

Edited by King Joe

I remember having this conversation (I think it was with you,) about why Shadow and Silver could be included. Silver is from the future, so he would have to time-travel just like he has in every other game. Simple. Shadow was created around 50 years ago, so he would've been around before Sonic. The only real issue is that would mess up the rest of the storyline assuming it takes place right after episode 1, unless they decide to pull an 06 and retcon the whole thing.
Sega seems to have retconned Silvers time travel with Generations,

he's with Sonic and co. at the ending.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Sega seems to have retconned Silvers time travel with Generations,

he's with Sonic and co. at the ending.

That doesn't change the fact that the chances that Shadow and Silver or any post-Sonic Adventure character will be in are slim. In fact, the chances that Amy and Knuckles will be in small. Most likely gonna be just Sonic, Metal, Eggman, and Tails. Apparently, Iizuka's least favorite character is Knuckles. He doesn't mind Amy, though. If this is related to Sonic CD, she has a higher chance of being included in Episode 2.