Sonic The Hedgehog

Makuta Matata

Nah, they've already done anime style.I mean like a big-screen movie with good amounts of marketing hype behind it and a revered movie studio, like Dreamworks or Pixar.And it'll probably sell well, too. I mean, the Muppets did well (I do not know how, I hate the Muppets) mainly due to nostalgia and how they used the nostalgia to their advantage and made a good movie for those who grew up with the Muppets.If SEGA got Pixar (I mean, Pixar makes EVERYTHING magic) or Dreamworks (not far behind) to make a Sonic movie, by the following points:1. The studio name2. Nostalgia for many3. A video game icon4. Potentially good storyit'd sell well.

Undergoing Renovations...

Aww man, Pixar plus Sonic...I actually started salivating when I read that...

Yes, keep salivating. Hopefully it comes true.I'd think a good story arc to portray would be the Adventure arc, or maybe a new story. But I don't want a new story, because a tie-in game wouldn't work at all. DXPersonally, I think Adventure 2 would be epic as a movie if SEGA got Pixar to do it, but that's just me. If Pixar can do an all-new story with Sonic and SEGA can provide an epic tie-in game (it shouldn't be hard, since the movie is BASED on the freakin' series), then we're set. =D

Yes as long as it does not follow any story on colors or unleashed.

Why not? The Unleashed-Colors saga was the best since Adventure-2-Heroes-Shadow, maybe even better.What would be awesome would be two movies, one with the Adventure saga and one with the Unleashed saga.
I personally think that an original story, one that is not based on any previous game would be best. That way, (especially should they set it so this hypothetical movie comes out before the tie-in game) the movie doesn't lose any interest from older fans who might say "I've played that game and beat it twelve billion times, why would I need to see a movie about it?" What would also be cool would be if the tie-in game was actually a prequel or sequel to the film. Not necessary to enjoy the movie, but adds much more depth. Edited by King Joe

The movie should explore SonAmy and Knouge, IMO.Make the movie NEW, or maybe Adventure 2 with waaaaayyyy more depth. But I'd love a new, original movie.Also, NO tie-ins. Tie-in games generally SUCK, and honestly, a tie-in to a SONIC movie? Wut. I just don't see it happening.

Well, Sonic X already covered Adventure and Adventure 2. And Sorta Heroes and Shadow.I do agree that we should have a movie without a tie-in game. It would have it's place in the storyline, but there would be no game.The only thing is: Look at what happened to the MGS movie.

What MGS movie?Look, all of the other movies based on video games. Did they have tie-ins? No. SHOULD they have tie-ins? No. Plus they sucked. The reason Pixar should do this is because:1) Then it definitely won't suck.2) It'll get monneh.3) Pixar + Sonic = My life fulfilled.And anyways, I want some SonAmy and Knouge in there. Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS

Well, Sonic X already covered Adventure and Adventure 2. And Sorta Heroes and Shadow.I do agree that we should have a movie without a tie-in game. It would have it's place in the storyline, but there would be no game.The only thing is: Look at what happened to the MGS movie.

What MGS movie?
Exactly.

Look, all of the other movies based on video games. Did they have tie-ins? No. SHOULD they have tie-ins? No. Plus they sucked. The reason Pixar should do this is because:1) Then it definitely won't suck.2) It'll get monneh.3) Pixar + Sonic = My life fulfilled.And anyways, I want some SonAmy and Knouge in there.

I agree with this statement. And this will satisfy the "good plot element" that has been lacking in many recent Sonic games. *Looks at Colors and Generations*

They should do a film adaptation of Sonic 1, verbatim.

Haha no. Edited by knuckles chaotix

...Apparently no one wants SonAmy and Knouge. :(

I do!!!! You know I do. I'm pretty sure that's a given. You know me. :)

They should do a film adaptation of Sonic 1, verbatim.

Haha no.
Where's your sense of culture?
Culture? I just think that there isn't much to go off of. That game didn't have very much story, now did it? Eggman is turning Sonic's animal friends into robots, and Sonic goes to stop him. Can't really make a movie off of that.

Weeeeeeell, to play Devil's Advocate here, you could made a deep interesting story with Sonic 1, if you followed the formula Horton Hears a Who did. First, they took the children's story, which had a basic plot. Then, they made a point to include all of the important characters, locations, and events in the story. From that, they only had about enough for a thirty minute to 1 hour movie, like the original 2D animated special. So they added things. Horton now "teaches" a "class" of children. They added action sequences here and there (That bridge scene was never in the book. If it was, it was a brief mention). Horton had a little support buddy named Morton. The Mayor of Whoville has troubles with his family, specifically his son Jo-Jo, the silent child from the book. All this added up to taking the childrens story, and expanding on it while not deviating from the original tale.It is this reason that I think that a movie based off of Sonic 1 would be possible. Probably not the best choice if you were making a Sonic film (I'd go for something that had a slightly deeper story and then make it my own, one of those "loosely adapted from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)" things, or a completely original story with a prequel or sequel tie-in game, like TRON:Evolution was), but possible.

Apparently Destructoid likes me, because they sent me a copy of Sonic Generations on 360.There are 2 problems with this.1) I already have Sonic Generations on PC.2) I DON'T have a 360.@KC: I meant aside from you. I know you, so I didn't mention you. :P@Silver: Silvaze is nice, although too many romances could kill this. Shadouge = NO.@Joe: That's a viable option, but there's so little story to go off of. They could do 2006, and IMO that's a really good story to do a movie off of. Just, no Elise. NO. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!And also, put in some music from the games. Like if they're in Kingdom Valley, put the goddarn Kingdom Valley song.EDIT: By the way, Sonic 4: Episode 2's logo got leaked.6668027871_24a9e27ac0.jpg

Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS

Apparently Destructoid likes me, because they sent me a copy of Sonic Generations on 360.There are 2 problems with this.1) I already have Sonic Generations on PC.2) I DON'T have a 360.@KC: I meant aside from you. I know you, so I didn't mention you. :PEDIT: By the way, Sonic 4: Episode 2's logo got leaked.6668027871_24a9e27ac0.jpg

Garr! You beat me to it! XD Lucky I had Robotics today...How did you get a free copy of Generations?

I knew tails would have something to do with this game. The movie should do SonAmy and Silvaze and thats it. Maybe Shadow can hold Rouges hand once, but I Sonic RAINBOOM XS is right about the romances. I think they should just explore a little more on Silver and Blaze with their relationships. I think Sonic 06 story based off would be great for a movie. But I want Elise in it. YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! I liked her as a character and you need at least one decent human.

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

I wouldnt mind a Hume in it if it was done in the unleashed style or live action. The more realistic--yet-still-a-cartoon people in 06 just looked wierd alongside the most definetly cartoony sonic and friends. Especially Eggman. He haunts my sonic dreams.... Uuuuuggghgh....On a different note, anybody seen the video of the Sonic Progressive commercial?I wonder what Sonic needs insurance for...

Edited by King Joe

I have seen it, and it I think it is kinda weird. Also, Elise should be redone in unleashed style for the movie.

NO.
What I was saying is if this hypothetical movie project does an adaptation of Sonic 06, they should either eliminate Elise, replacing her with a different plot point, or do her in unleashed style. A third option that I would find acceptabl would be live action, with Sonic and pals being done in semi realistic CGI, like the upcoming Sonic fan movie.

@KC: Lucky for me I decided to take a break from build season yesterday. Are you in First Robotics Competition (FRC)? BTW, I got the 360 Generations because I won it along with the statue.@Silver: No. Knouge and Sonamy. Silvaze? I dunno.@King Joe: Elise in Unleashed style? You mean as a background character? If you're gonna put Elise in there put her in as she looked in '06, just nowhere near Sonic. On the flipside, she could play a Maria-esque role, but that'd be meh. OR, she could play a Shadow the Hedgehog-esque President role.@Elise like Silver put it: Go away. You never happened.Anyways, making 06 word for word without Elise being Sonic's romance wouldn't be all that great. I don't think they should ride totally on 06, what they should do is have 06's basic points (3 hedgehogs, Time Travel, multiple locals, Mephiles, Iblis, and Solaris).HOWEVER, along with that, mix in some Shadow the Hedgehog (backstory so he has more drive to fight rather than just I gave up my past hurr durr) and also stuff from past games.Like this:The three hedgehogs have not yet found the 7 Emeralds (thanks to the End of the World stage), so they decide to fight Solaris without going Super. However, they're swiftly defeated and sent to a White-Space-ish limbo. There, each of them encounters specific memories that can help them fight in some way. Or rather, there could be some sort of flashback type similar to the ones Tikal used.It'd add a whole lot more depth to the movie than just 06's shallowness.

@Sonic Boom: When you said like Silver put it, do you mean me or the actual character. Also, I think Silvaze is more likely for a romance exploration SonAmy. Sonic seems to not want to be in a relationship at this moment. Amy does though.

That's more likely than a relationship that lasted for only one game and promptly got wiped out.

@KC: Lucky for me I decided to take a break from build season yesterday. Are you in First Robotics Competition (FRC)? BTW, I got the 360 Generations because I won it along with the statue.

Yep! You going to Washington D.C. this March?

@Sonic Boom: When you said like Silver put it, do you mean me or the actual character. Also, I think Silvaze is more likely for a romance exploration SonAmy. Sonic seems to not want to be in a relationship at this moment. Amy does though.

That's more likely than a relationship that lasted for only one game and promptly got wiped out.
Two. (It was sorta in Sonic Colors DS) NOt saying I support it, but I'm just pointing it out.Now about Elise.The whole fanbase should just forget that she ever happened and just pretend that Sonic '06 was a game without a plot, an that it goes straight from Shadow to Secret Rings. Got it?