Sonic The Hedgehog

Makuta Matata

No, we're good for Sonic characters. I think they should add more non-Sonic characters, such as NiGHTS, Reala, Sam (Vanquish), Pai Chan, and others like that.

Wait, they don't have NiGHTS playable in the original All Stars Racing?What is this!?
She was the starter for the races. Not playable, unfortunately. She was playable in Sonic Riders, though.Edit: SCREENSHOTSSCREENSHOTSSCREENSHOTS!!!

Edited by knuckles chaotix

What. Da. *bleep*The game looks way past cool. Not even joking. And I'm happy that now Sonic and Tails are in 3D. Not 2D like Ep 1 was.Now. Let's all post our best Generations times here. I'll start.My best Egg Dragoon time is around 2:07.

Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS

Undergoing Renovations...

What. Da. *bleep*The game looks way past cool. Not even joking. And I'm happy that now Sonic and Tails are in 3D. Not 2D like Ep 1 was.Now. Let's all post our best Generations times here. I'll start.My best Egg Dragoon time is around 2:07.

Sonic was 3D in Episode 1...

No, we're good for Sonic characters. I think they should add more non-Sonic characters, such as NiGHTS, Reala, Sam (Vanquish), Pai Chan, and others like that.

Wait, they don't have NiGHTS playable in the original All Stars Racing?What is this!?
She was the starter for the races. Not playable, unfortunately. She was playable in Sonic Riders, though.Edit: SCREENSHOTSSCREENSHOTSSCREENSHOTS!!!

http://www.tssznews....2/screenlg9.jpghttp://www.tssznews..../screenlg10.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg5.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg8.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg7.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg4.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg3.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg2.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg1.jpghttp://www.tssznews....2/screenlg6.jpgOnline Co-Op also confirmed. Release date is May 16 for now.Apparrently, Sonic and Tails will have combo moves and the zones don't look like rehashes. Also new special stage. My reaction: They're so beautiful, I'm stunned.I saw the box art somewhere also.

Box art? For a digital game?Anyways, this is what happens when you stop porting games to Nintendo consoles.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

I just saw them. Tails! I'm looking forward to this. I'm also seeing a pattern with Sonic 4 episodes:Ep. 1= Sonic alone, special stages of Sonic 1, not much story or 'cutscenes' (For lack of a better term)Ep. 2= Sonic with tails, special stages of Sonic 2, most likely more 'cutscenes'See what I'm getting at? So episode 3 will be more like Sonic 3 etc.In any case, I'm liking the looks of the snow level, it reminds me somewhat of NiGHTS and Sonic Advance or whatever game it was. I'm liking the return of the Tornado, and I want to see Metal Sonic screenshots now. Can't wait!

I just saw them. Tails! I'm looking forward to this. I'm also seeing a pattern with Sonic 4 episodes:Ep. 1= Sonic alone, special stages of Sonic 1, not much story or 'cutscenes' (For lack of a better term)Ep. 2= Sonic with tails, special stages of Sonic 2, most likely more 'cutscenes'See what I'm getting at? So episode 3 will be more like Sonic 3 etc.In any case, I'm liking the looks of the snow level, it reminds me somewhat of NiGHTS and Sonic Advance or whatever game it was. I'm liking the return of the Tornado, and I want to see Metal Sonic screenshots now. Can't wait!

Pretty sure they said that there wouldn't be an Episode 3 unless Epissode 2 does REALLY well. Meaning about a good as Unleashed and Colors. Also, more concept art. Looks like Cubot and a giant robotic polar bear. Also, it was officially revealed in Famitsu. DOn't think there will be multiplayer.

Guys, we're supposed to get a Sonic 4.2 gameplay trailer today. Keep your eyes peeled on Gamespot. If you need the link, pm me.Also, I got the Vita yesterday. All I can say is that it is amazing.Edit: It's up! I won't spoil it for you guys! Okay, I will.

-Homing Attack-Linear Levels like episode 1-Springs-Boosters-Tails follows you-Fixed physics (seems like)-Cool levels and enemies-Sonic and Tails combo-moves-Awesome graphics-Possibly a taste of the music-Sonic's running animation fixed-Overall, looks improved, but still flawed

Guys, we're supposed to get a Sonic 4.2 gameplay trailer today. Keep your eyes peeled on Gamespot. If you need the link, pm me.Also, I got the Vita yesterday. All I can say is that it is amazing.Edit: It's up! I won't spoil it for you guys! Okay, I will.

-Homing Attack-Linear Levels like episode 1-Springs-Boosters-Tails follows you-Fixed physics (seems like)-Cool levels and enemies-Sonic and Tails combo-moves-Awesome graphics-Possibly a taste of the music-Sonic's running animation fixed-Overall, looks improved, but still flawed

I'm waiting until the inevitable price slash for the Vita. Otherwise not interested ATM.Yes, the game does look good. However, the physics seem the same, and it could do to work on some stage design more. Also, how we activate the combo moves is still unknown.Also, I dunno if you noticed, but Tails has an angry face etched on him. WHY?Plus, listen closely to the music. Do you hear a resemblance between this and the All-Stars Racing menu theme?Off-Topic: SSX IS FUN AS Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS

So I picked up Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 the other day, they're randomly on sale on the PSN right now.The first one is inoffensive, but not very good, the second one plays and looks a lot better, and the actual voice acting in cutscenes is nice.Both of them have absolutely terrible plots though.To people who HAVE played the games (Both of you)Am I the only person who thought that

When Eggman said 'Let's see if you can beat me and Metal Sonic... AT THE SAME TIME' you would actually have to race against him?Awesome mental image there. And of course, we know who would have won

Eggman

I'm being serious

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Guys, Sonic 4.2 Achievements released. Sylvania Castle Zone confirmed, Sky Fortress Zone confirmed. Sky Fortress is where Metal Sonic is fought. Also, Red Rings return. And Chaos Emeralds.You know what they should do? They should make a game that takes place right before Sonic Unleashed, one that leads up to that epic cutscene at the beginning of Unleashed.Speaking of which, I've always wondered the chronology of the Modern Sonic games.I thought it went like this:Sonic RidersSonic '06 (ish)Sonic RushSonic Rush AdventureSonic and the Secret RingsSonic Riders: Zero GravitySonic RivalsSonic UnleashedSonic and the Black KnightSonic Rivals 2Sonic ColorsSonic GenerationsAlso, if you get the Vita, DON'T get Shinobido 2. It's terrible. In terms of graphics, at least. In every other sense, it's mediocre.

Maybe we'll get shields: Insta, Flame, Bubble, and Electro. 4 zones, 4 shields. Seems right. Tee hee, posting from a Vita...

Blarg, Vita. Get me more launch titles and I'll buy. I want Item Boxes back in 3D games. :'(
Got rid of Shinobido 2 and got Rayman Origins instead. It's amazing.Also, Sonic 4.2 JP website is up. I'm too lazy to post a link, so it's on TSSZ. Also, new screenshots.

Snowboarding confirmed in White Park Zone!!!

Edit: And there's gameplay. Sylvania Castle Zone Act 1 only, but looks like there's gonna be a demo soon, as well as 17 stages, including special stages.Edit: Now there's White par gameplay up, but it's like 30 seconds.Edit: Aaand now there's like 3 minutes of gameplay on my channel of White Park, as well as a new website, and BGMs.

BTW the US site got updated with Sonic 4.2 info as well.

I already said that.Also, if you care, Crush 40 released statements on their next songs, just saying what they'll be about. It's on TSSZ, go check it out.
You said JP bro.And noice, I want more C40 songs. Heh, C40. *boom*

I already said that.Also, if you care, Crush 40 released statements on their next songs, just saying what they'll be about. It's on TSSZ, go check it out.

Maybe we'll get shields: Insta, Flame, Bubble, and Electro. 4 zones, 4 shields. Seems right. Tee hee, posting from a Vita...

Blarg, Vita. Get me more launch titles and I'll buy. I want Item Boxes back in 3D games. :'(
Got rid of Shinobido 2 and got Rayman Origins instead. It's amazing.Also, Sonic 4.2 JP website is up. I'm too lazy to post a link, so it's on TSSZ. Also, new screenshots.

Edit: And there's gameplay. Sylvania Castle Zone Act 1 only, but looks like there's gonna be a demo soon, as well as 17 stages, including special stages.Edit: Now there's White Park gameplay up, but it's like 30 seconds.Edit: Aaand now there's like 3 minutes of gameplay on my channel of White Park, as well as a new website, and BGMs.

Orlynao? I said that both the JP and US sites were updated.Edit: Final boss?

Final_boss.jpg

SEGA loves the Egg Dragoon, doesn't it?Anyways, I swear you only said JP. Go check.

I put it in bold and everything...And the Egg Dragoon is an epic boss, but it might just be a prototype boss, a filler of sorts...Edit: Oops, just kidding. I guess that image is fake. From the days of Episode 1... Edited by knuckles chaotix

SEGA loves the Egg Dragoon, doesn't it?Anyways, I swear you only said JP. Go check.

I put it in bold and everything...And the Egg Dragoon is an epic boss, but it might just be a prototype boss, a filler of sorts...Edit: Oops, just kidding. I guess that image is fake. From the days of Episode 1...
Wow you cheekyQuote the post where you said the US site. I looked over everything and didn't find it.Which reminds me. In response to your old post about the PC version being laggy, I don't think 60 FPS is laggier than 30. Bro if anything the console versions lag way more. I get 60 all the time except in the water slide in Chemical Plant. Edited by Sonic RAINBOOM XS

Edit: And there's gameplay. Sylvania Castle Zone Act 1 only, but looks like there's gonna be a demo soon, as well as 17 stages, including special stages.Edit: Now there's White Park gameplay up, but it's like 30 seconds.Edit: Aaand now there's like 3 minutes of gameplay on my channel of White Park, as well as a new website, and BGMs.

Orlynao? I said that both the JP and US sites were updated.Edit: Final boss?

Final_boss.jpg

I put it in bold and everything...And the Egg Dragoon is an epic boss, but it might just be a prototype boss, a filler of sorts...Edit: Oops, just kidding. I guess that image is fake. From the days of Episode 1...
Wow you cheekyQuote the post where you said the US site. I looked over everything and didn't find it.Which reminds me. In response to your old post about the PC version being laggy, I don't think 60 FPS is laggier than 30. Bro if anything the console versions lag way more. I get 60 all the time except in the water slide in Chemical Plant.
See it now? And I don't recall ever saying anything about the C version being laggy.

*steps into the topic*Haven't been here for a loooooong while fellas. So, in my lack of presence here I got a 360, got Sonic 4 - Episode 1, Sonic Adventure and Sonic CD from XBL, got Sonic Unleashed and Generations demos. I actually wrote reviews for Sonic 4 - Episode 1 and Sonic CD. I may post them later in this thread.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Yes. Do get Sonic Unleashed. Amazing game. If you have money left over after Unleashed and Generations, try ASR.Edits: Two small bits of news. First off, a sequel to ASR has been spotted for preorder for PS3, Wii, and 360. For now. I can't see them not releasing it on Vita, Wii U, and 3DS. Also, some new Episode 2 footage was uncovered. Upside: Rolling physics have been fixed. Downside: The title screen music sounds similar to Episode 1's. I think it's the same....