GregF and the Serials

By my count, over 13 months have passed since the last serial update. I know Greg probably won't ever finish the serials, and I don't blame him. He's moved on, and we have to do the same. I just want to thank him for the 10 years he gave us, that gave my childhood something worth coming home to every day, when I felt down, Bionicle was always there to make me feel happy. It's just sad that BZPower never got to say goodbye to the man who made all the difference in our childhoods.But seriously, does anyone have their own continuation of the serials? It would definitely be good for our community to get closure on the story, seeing all the loose threads.

But seriously, does anyone have their own continuation of the serials? It would definitely be good for our community to get closure on the story, seeing all the loose threads.
No, I don't. Though I've seen other members post epics that continue on these serials. (At least, I think I've seen them.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

No, I don't. Though I've seen other members post epics that continue on these serials. (At least, I think I've seen them.)
Aye. I had posted a chapter. It is lacking, however because I had trouble getting motivated for it. I was going to continue it(I actually started the next chapter), but I didn't get much of a response out of it. I like to think I had a few good ideas for it, but eh. :shrugs:

Unfortunately No. There are so Many looses ends (Gold Being, Marendar, Secret MU GB, Murderer etc.) that I don't really think anyone has a continuation that really can explain what was gonna happen. I would absolutely love to see them finished, but it has been over a year, and the best I think we will get from Greg is a farewell response someday.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

He has not moved on. He's just too busy with Ninjago and a baby. Just be patient and he should return when the baby is older.
Haha, that's a small chance there. Of course I would love for that to happen, but GregF would have to remain very dedicated and enthusiastic about his serials to continue. It could of course happen. I abandoned my old Fikou-Man epic four years ago, and just now I'm getting the motivation to pick it back up.Time is ticking though. Let's just hope Greg remembers what he planned for the story. Or that he planned anything at all for the story. :P

By my count, over 13 months have passed since the last serial update. I know Greg probably won't ever finish the serials, and I don't blame him. He's moved on, and we have to do the same. I just want to thank him for the 10 years he gave us, that gave my childhood something worth coming home to every day, when I felt down, Bionicle was always there to make me feel happy. It's just sad that BZPower never got to say goodbye to the man who made all the difference in our childhoods.But seriously, does anyone have their own continuation of the serials? It would definitely be good for our community to get closure on the story, seeing all the loose threads.
I don't have a continuation, at least. I'm sure some people have posted there own continuations of the serials, but nothing canonical as far as I know.

Mabye Greg didn't finish the story so people woulnd't be like, "What do I do now?" The lose end build a chance for people to create thier own ending. That way people would be satisfied with the ending. Though it does not seem it came across that way.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

There is not really a definative way of finding out when/if he will get around to finish them, it could be that he might do some and have similar fan fic competitions and give the ones he likes his seal of approval, though all this is speculation.Though I hear you, I feel similarly and would like to thank him for writing a story that was a profound part of my childhood, even though he might not get around to seeing this.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I don't know whether or not the Bionicle serials will ever be finished or not. I'm afraid that by the time it becomes possible for Greg to finish them (if that ever does happen), enough people will have stopped caring. Even I'm guilty of that, to be perfectly honest.
I do, however, have from a reliable source (Kevin Hinkle, Lego's current community coordinator for North America) that Greg does still want to rejoin the community here on BZPower. Unfortunately, his position within Lego makes it hard for him to gain the necessary certification to allow him to interact personally with the younger members of BZPower, and until he has that certification he can't participate on BZPower at all. I do hope he can rejoin us in the near future. And when he does, it's very likely that even if he can't continue to update BionicleStory.com, he'll be able to continue to update the serials right here on his own time.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Mabye Greg didn't finish the story so people woulnd't be like, "What do I do now?" The lose end build a chance for people to create thier own ending. That way people would be satisfied with the ending. Though it does not seem it came across that way.
Personally I think he gave up on it, but never wanted to telll BZPower because it would probably ruin the activity.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Personally I think he gave up on it, but never wanted to telll BZPower because it would probably ruin the activity.
Well as that could be the case, I have read that he is doing Ningago and has a new baby so he may just not have the time to. Think about it Bionicle must have been a big thing to him he wrote the books, storys, and other thing, and in a sence, connected to the charachters.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

Well as that could be the case, I have read that he is doing Ningago and has a new baby so he may just not have the time to. Think about it Bionicle must have been a big thing to him he wrote the books, storys, and other thing, and in a sence, connected to the charachters.
Well, he has a kid now AND writing Ninjago. I think his passion for Bionicle may have gone, which will make it hard to come back too

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well, he has a kid now AND writing Ninjago. I think his passion for Bionicle may have gone, which will make it hard to come back too
True true, I see your point, but anything could happen. I guess Bionicle fans will just have to wait and see.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

I don't know whether or not the Bionicle serials will ever be finished or not. I'm afraid that by the time it becomes possible for Greg to finish them (if that ever does happen), enough people will have stopped caring. Even I'm guilty of that, to be perfectly honest.
I do, however, have from a reliable source (Kevin Hinkle, Lego's current community coordinator for North America) that Greg does still want to rejoin the community here on BZPower. Unfortunately, his position within Lego makes it hard for him to gain the necessary certification to allow him to interact personally with the younger members of BZPower, and until he has that certification he can't participate on BZPower at all. I do hope he can rejoin us in the near future. And when he does, it's very likely that even if he can't continue to update BionicleStory.com, he'll be able to continue to update the serials right here on his own time.
Kevin Hinkle? Goodness, he used to be an employee at the LEGO outlet in Colorado Mills Mall. He's really moved up.Anyway, I thought Greg had said he did get his online-safety-something-involving-COPA certification. I think. Maybe he just said he was trying to get it, but I thought he actually succeeded. I'll see if I can find that quote.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Why not do a petition as to grant that certification?

A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist." "However," replied the universe the "the fact has not created within me a sense of obligation." - Stephen Crane.

I now see dististinctly, what manner these maskers are. They are a great king and his his privy-councillors - A king who goes not scruple to strike a defencless girl and his seven councillors who abet him in the outrage. As for myself, I am merely the jester- and this is my last jest.- Hop-Frog - By Edgar Allan Poe

"'Let The Right One In' is not a rip-off of 'Twilight'!"

"He's fallen in the Wa-taaaah- Little Jim, The Goon Show

Though I understand that Greg has been VERY busy with Ninjago and his daughter, and I respect him for that, part of me wishes he would say something about the serials, at least what he had planned for them. Even if he says "No idea. Go make your own endings" (which would result in story contests, yay!), I think it would be enough.Also, he should tell us TSO's name :P

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

That's not how it works. Believe it or not, petitions can't solve everything. Try bringing a petition to the FBI saying you deserve a high-level security clearance and see how well that works.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

He did get it, but the irony is that is prevents him from talking to people under 13 years old online.
If that were the case, wouldn't he have got in contact with Black Six or someone on the Story Squad?
I think that LEGO has something to do with it. He is probably now unable to talk to people from BZPower....
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

At this point, it's unlikely that he's just got 13-month writer's block or something. Most likely, he gave up, and he's staying clear of us so we'll think he's still dedicated and all that. He's probably glad to be done with BZPower, too.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

At this point, it's unlikely that he's just got 13-month writer's block or something. Most likely, he gave up, and he's staying clear of us so we'll think he's still dedicated and all that. He's probably glad to be done with BZPower, too.
I doubt GregF would do that. He wrote the story for years. He wrote the comics, the stories on BIONICLEStory.com, most of the books, Greg is Mr. BIONICLE. I'm sure he wants to get on BZP, but LEGO isn't letting him, or something. I don't know the details, but I think it's that Greg isn't allowed to talk to people under 13, and there's no way for him to know the ages of people on BZP for sure. Plus, I think he had to get a "social media driver's license" or something. I don't know the details. Edited by Tahu5181

I doubt GregF would do that. He wrote the story for years. He wrote the comics, the stories on BIONICLEStory.com, most of the books, Greg is Mr. BIONICLE. I'm sure he wants to get on BZP, but LEGO isn't letting him, or something. I don't know the details, but I think it's that Greg isn't allowed to talk to people under 13, and there's no way for him to know the ages of people on BZP for sure. Plus, I think he had to get a "social media driver's license" or something. I don't know the details.
That was when he was getting paid to do it, though.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

That's not how it works. Believe it or not, petitions can't solve everything. Try bringing a petition to the FBI saying you deserve a high-level security clearance and see how well that works.
Well it's worth a try.

A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist." "However," replied the universe the "the fact has not created within me a sense of obligation." - Stephen Crane.

I now see dististinctly, what manner these maskers are. They are a great king and his his privy-councillors - A king who goes not scruple to strike a defencless girl and his seven councillors who abet him in the outrage. As for myself, I am merely the jester- and this is my last jest.- Hop-Frog - By Edgar Allan Poe

"'Let The Right One In' is not a rip-off of 'Twilight'!"

"He's fallen in the Wa-taaaah- Little Jim, The Goon Show

*sigh* Another version of this topic has popped up again.

I doubt GregF would do that. He wrote the story for years. He wrote the comics, the stories on BIONICLEStory.com, most of the books, Greg is Mr. BIONICLE. I'm sure he wants to get on BZP, but LEGO isn't letting him, or something. I don't know the details, but I think it's that Greg isn't allowed to talk to people under 13, and there's no way for him to know the ages of people on BZP for sure. Plus, I think he had to get a "social media driver's license" or something. I don't know the details.
That was when he was getting paid to do it, though.
GregF, before the downtime and the new American law that prevented him from interacting with us, had a strong interest in writing the serials, otherwise he would not have started them in the first place, and started a GB contest on BZP. Even after the money was gone, he still wanted to finish it. Further, he PMed Erebus some time back telling us explicitly that real life had gotten in his way on writing the serials. He didn't say, "I'm sick and tired of this, I quit."