3 questions about Adaptive Armor and Adaptive Toa Tools

Pikiru

Earlier today i was looking up Pohatu Nuva and Adaptive Armor and a couple of questions popped into my head. My first question is this: can adaptive Toa Tools change shape? Now i am not talking about the Adaptive Launchers because we all know that they can change shape, but can the Toa Tools, or are they going to stay the same shape forever (i hope not because then Toa Nuva Kopaka will always have to fight off enemies with a Toa sized tooth-pick).Biosector01 is not very clear on this. For example when discussing Tahu's Magma Swords it says that "After receiving his Adaptive Armor, Tahu exchanged his Magma Swords for Rotating Fire Blades" which makes you think that they have only one form. But when you look up Rotating Fire Blades it says "The Rotating Fire Blades were a form of Toa Nuva Tahu's adaptive Protosteel Toa Tool". Also if the Toa Tools do change shape does that mean their default form is that of the original Toa Nuva Toa Tools (for example would Pohatu's Twin Propelers change back into his Climbing Claws or his Feet Additions or both)?My second question is about storage.What i found very interesting was that when Toa Lewa and Toa Pohatu (and i would assume Toa Kopaka) were in their vehicle forms their Toa Tools and Adaptive Launchers were stored on their bodies. But does that mean that Adaptive Weapons can be put into storage at any time, or can they only be stored when necessary. Also in the sets i noticed that certain pieces of armor were silver when they had not been before. Is that just the way their vehicle forms look or is the silver supposed to signify where their Adaptive Weapons are stored? (if this is the case will Lewa Nuva have to reach for his feet to get at his Toa Tools?)My third and last question is about the armor itself: can it be taken off?I am pretty sure that regular Toa Armor cannot be taken off like Glatorian or Agori armor, but is the Adaptive Armor different or is it now solely the property of the Toa Nuva.Also when they first put on the Adaptive Armor did they have to take their Toa Nuva armor off or did the Adaptive Armor merge with it? If anyone has any answers to these questions i would be most grateful if you could tell me.

• Upvote 1

1. I think they can change shape.2. I always thought that Lewa, Pohatu, and Kopaka's weapons were stored inside their armor when they rode on their vehicles. Though storywise, they could've just add their weapons on them but just not have them included on the sets.3. Yes, the armor can be taken off. And the Nuva did remove their 02 armor for the Adaptive Armor.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The details on how the adaptive armour works are vague. I think Greg and the story team like to leave it to your imagination a little. That's kinda Lego's MO.I always imagined that the Default Forme of the tools were to resemble their old ones, but this is an arbitrary preference on my part. No details have been given on what their tools looke like in Default Forme.I don't know if Pohatu's Feet Additions count as Armour or Tools now. I always supposed unorthadox tools.BS01 calls Tahu's tool a rotating fire blade because that's the only form we know of for certain. Maybe it should be edited to just say "adaptive tool".I think the Tools become part of the armour for storage. They get compacted down into it really tight.In the movies, everyone seems to have an invisible backpack that they keep stuff in. They just put it behond their back and it dissapears. I think this is artistic licence in the Mirimax movies and non-canon. Most people have to carry their stuff around or holster it. but i think the adaptive tools fold back up into the armour for things like Pilot Forme and just usual storge. Again, not something that was specified in great detail, but a logical assumtion, I think.Another thing that was never explained in great detail is the definition of armour. The word is sometimes used to mean just the outermost buly stuff (like the to nuva's silver chests and shoulders or Lhikan's Gold components) But sometimes It refers to the entire mechanical makeup of their bodies (like when talking about Makuta) , and sometimes somewhere in between.I've always imagined (again just me, left to my own logic) That there is some armour which can just be pulled off as easily as a mask (like what is a distinct piece on the set), some armour which can be dismantled and taken off with difficulty (such as details molded into parts which cant actually be taken off of the toy) and some armour (which at this point is not so much armour as metal skin) which can only be taken out surgically.When the scene is described in the book of them taking off their masks and armour and replacing them, I imagined just the silver parts and the masks, and replaced those, but maybe they more extensively removed shin armour and stuff too. maybe they stripped right down to organics and framework. Again, Greg leaves the details to your imagination.The adaptive armour in it's formes that we've seen looks like a full-body thing, not just the outermost armour. Also, it was confirmed that in Default Forme, the adaptive armour takes the shape of their original 2002 formes, but retains the colour scheme of the phantoka/mistika sets (see my sig!).We can only assume that his applies to their whole bodies. Pohatu would look pretty ugly with an orange mask and nuva armour, but still brown and tan everything else.So, I resolved to imagine that the adaptive armour was given to them in the shape of their mask and outermost armour (the silver stuff they took off) and once on, expanded and folded across their bodies, bushing everything but their framework (the surgical layer) out of the way and off, leaving them with the adaptive armour over their whole bodies and slick new colour schemes for all.

• Upvote 1

As for normal armor being taken off, there's two kinds of armor for MU beings; their "exoskeleton" armor that is part of their bodies, and often additional armor. So it depends (normally) on which kind of armor is in question. Technically all of it can be "taken off" since they can rebuild themselves, in fact, switching out old exoskeleton armor for new.And just to confirm, the invisible storage in movie portrayals is non-canon, correct, Takhamavahu.Beyond that I'm not really sure. :P I imagine them as not having a standard form, myself, but could be wrong.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think it was said that the Nuva exchanged their old tools for the adaptive tool and launcher. So I guess that the tool would look like one of their original tool (Not sure about Pohatu though; he has two adaptive tools by the looks of it. Or was the second propeller part of his flight systems inside the amor?)

Well I guess the weapon would change or esle that means Gali has no weapons other than the scope and Onua only has a shoulder shield... :XI am actually more interested whether the masks they are wearing are the old ones or granted with the adaptive armor.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

The masks are adaptive too. That's why the 2008 Toa Nuva have different mask shapes from their 2003 forms.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

1. Yes. A quote from the BS01 page on Adaptive Armor:

Adaptive WeaponsIn addition to their armor, the Toa Nuva each received an adaptive Toa Tool and adaptive Protosteel launcher, which will turn into whatever is most suitable for attacking their enemies, rather than the environment. The launchers tend to take the form of existing weapons, rather than original designs. The Phantoka Toa Nuva's weapons shapeshifted into Midak Skyblasters, which fire spheres of Light that were effective against their Makuta foes. Meanwhile, the Mistika Toa Nuva's weapons took the form ofNynrah Ghost Blasters, which allowed them to create energy they could shape with their mind. The adaptive Toa Tools all became brand new weapons for the Toa, though when Tahu was devolved into a Toa Mata, his tool changed to a form resembling his original Fire Sword.
2. While I'm not sure on storage, the color change is simply the adaptive armor adjusting to it's environment.3. Yes. I believe when the Nuva got their armor, they mention that they put it on and replaced their old armor. Edited by Mister Spock