Blue onu-matoran?

So I was watching some 'quest for the toa' game walkthrous and noticed that some of the onu-matoran had... You guessed it, blue armor. So is this cannon, can onu-matoran have blue armor? And what's with the green/purple matoran?On top of all that some toa and matoran (Hahli), have weird colour schemes that don't seem to match anyone else from that village (though may match others). With all this in mind what exactly are the limits of matoran, toa, etc. Colour Scheems?

Well, Onu-Matoran are known to have some purple, and in my opinion blue is no stranger a color for them. Maybe purple is a rare color for Le-Matoran too, then. Like purplish storms, perhaps? Note that air itself isn't really green anyway.I think the game makers weren't paying as much attention, but we really don't know the limits of the color schemes, so I wouldn't rule it as definitely non-canon. If the Onu-Matoran looked mostly like Ga-Matoran, though, then it's probably a mistake. As for Hahli in her Inika and Mahri forms, perhaps white and green are rare secondary colors for that element. Churning water can be white after all, and oceans can look greenish. And we know Po-Matoran and Fe-Matoran have a wide range of possible colors, so why not other elements?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Hmm. I don't remember seeing that myself; I always figured that they were just generic Matoran, not affiliated with the specific area they were in. Interestingly enough, I received a lot of criticism for making a blue-armored Toa of Earth. :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This game belongs to Bionicle's earliest period when Lego didn't seem bothered if things were a bit inconsistent, and before the term 'canon' really meant anything, so asking if something of this period is canon is a slightly flawed question.In the MNOLG Onu-Matoran and Po-Matoran shared tan and black (the latter colour also appeared on a couple of Ta-Matoran), and some Ko-Matoran used dark grey. So the rules on Matoran colours were never completely set in stone. Then again, Onu-Matoran using blue is much more of a stretch than those examples, as water and earth are not at all closely connected. Also, blue was never used as a colour for them again. So if I really had to make a judgement I'd say it's non-canon.On a random side note, the game was developed by Saffire, who were also behind the cancelled Legend of Mata Nui PC game.

Yea, its mainly artistic license/making variations of the models. No one was that strict on the consistency. As long as the majority of the idea was there

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Actualy ta-matoran with blue is official colour, it's just rare. That's why nobody questioned takua about his blue Pakari.
Takua is not a Ta-Matoran, He is a Av-MatoranWell that game have a lot of matoran in random colors it not funny. Edited by bonesiii
Double post merged. :) -bones

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Actualy ta-matoran with blue is official colour, it's just rare. That's why nobody questioned takua about his blue Pakari.
Takua is not a Ta-Matoran, He is a Av-MatoranWell that game have a lot of matoran in random colors it not funny.
Takua was an av-matoran, but he was disguised as a Ta-matoran.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Takua is not a Ta-Matoran, He is a Av-MatoranWell that game have a lot of matoran in random colors it not funny.
Yes. But I've still gotta ask, Northmarch, are you completely sure that blue is a rare Ta-Matoran color? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Yes. But I've still gotta ask, Northmarch, are you completely sure that blue is a rare Ta-Matoran color? I don't remember reading that anywhere.
Ya same here, if he thinking fan made Ta-Matoran then he need to stop going on CBW lol

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This is true. However, Takua had imperfect and mediocre control of his Light powers (which makes it all the more amusing that he became Toa of Light :P), so when he began to use the Pakari as a replacement for the mask he lost on Metru Nui, the mask remained blue. This is made even more complex by the fact that apparently, powerless masks must be painted (or otherwise colored) in their desired color, so it's possible that any blue-masked Onu-Matoran (for example) could simply have painted their masks blue for some reason.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

This game belongs to Bionicle's earliest period when Lego didn't seem bothered if things were a bit inconsistent, and before the term 'canon' really meant anything, so asking if something of this period is canon is a slightly flawed question.
Even after everything that has been discussed about potential canon justifications for this in the most recent posts (well, not entirely: a lot seems to just be discussion of off-color examples whether they justify the blue Onu-Matoran or not in my opinion), this remains the dominant point. There wasn't a defined canon at the time. That's why we are all supposed to technically consider even such classics as MNOG to be pseudo-canon - Lego outsourced the production of these games to other parties. Those parties did not necessarily know the agenda of the Bionicle storyline and they did their best. If Saffire wanted an Onu-Matoran to be blue, that was their call.Of course, we're also technically allowed to call all this canon up until the point it is in direct conflict with later canon. But I feel that a blue Onu-Matoran is already in conflict with established storyline. When it comes down to it, this is just one of those subjective moments of Bionicle where everyone has to go with their own personal take on the matter....Wrote more than I meant to. I'll stop typing now.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.