Kini Nui temple

The Temple of Kini Nui is the entrance to the the Great Spirit robot and part of it's camouflage system. When the robot lands on a planet an artificial island is created over it's face, including the temple. It was also the intended entrance for the Toa Mata to enter the MU if they get activated and their Toa canisters reach the island

"The drums are coming closer"

To the title question: Yes, but not exactly.

Kini-Nui is an element of the Great Spirit Mata Nui's planetary exploration system. Once deployed, it assumes the form of a temple, from which the meaning of its name, "Great Temple", is derived.
Element of, not the full system.
Kini-Nui operating system was created and installed by the Great Beings during their construction of the Great Spirit's planetary exploration system. The main function of its spires is to be sensors for Mata Nui, informing him of surface events while he was observing a planet. Another function is to allow residents of the Matoran Universe safe passage to his exterior if needed, through a passageway covered by the Suva Kaita.Kini-Nui was retracted each time when the Great Spirit left a planet and extended each time when he landed.When the Great Cataclysm caused the accidental deployment of the Great Spirit's camouflage system, the spires of Kini-Nui were deployed, piercing through the center of the newly-formed island of Mata Nui. Makuta Teridax had inadvertently constructed his Mangaia lair near the Kini-Nui mechanism. This allowed the lair to be accessed through the Suva Kaita.
So basically it's an "antenna" for planetary observation, in addition to an exit for Matoran if necessary. Edited by fishers64

According to BS01, the part of the temple that was part of Mata Nui's system would normally retract when he prepared to leave a planet, but as his awakening was a sort of emergency procedure, non-vital systems like the temple were cast off that time.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery