Ancient tribes

So I've been thinking of this for a wile now. As we all know, on sperus magna there are six elemental tribes,( formerly seven), and the great beings based the elements of the matoran universe and the matoran tribes on these elements. Only they made up another dozen elements and dropped sand. Why? Where did all these new elements come from?Well, thats where this little theory comes in.Basically, over past generations on spheres magna, and were talking billions of years, the natives developed a belief in many different elements, primordial forces, on which they based their civilization.Over time, through varying means; natural causes, political issues, annona, etc. Many of the tribes died out or disbanded until only six remained active. So, when the great beings created the matoran, they looked back to these ancient tribes to do what the six elements could not in order to maintain mata nui.Side theories:The reason Gresh got air powers from mata nui rather then jungle was because he was defended from an air tribe.The great beings didn't use sand for the matoran because it would just ich in awkward places, ( not very useful.Sorry, I can't just let this one lie, acid was one of the original eighteen elements, SM tribe didn't survive and the great beings didn't want to revive it for the matoran, ( bohrok are ok though). Umm...That's about it for now, thoughts?

The theory looks really good IMO. The only gripe is about the combination of "ancient" and "Gresh". Gresh is the youngest Glatorian we know, so young that I don't think he participated in the Core War.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I like this theory. I never liked how of all of Spherus Magna, there are only seven elemental tribes. However, some elements like plasma aren't as natural-sounding as the Agori tribes we have. Maybe in a more advanced, civilization, however...Mata Nui gave Gresh elemental Air power because he associates fully green armor with that element. (So that if Gresh had some blue on him, he might have gotten plant control powers.) Simple as that.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

The theory looks really good IMO. The only gripe is about the combination of "ancient" and "Gresh". Gresh is the youngest Glatorian we know, so young that I don't think he participated in the Core War.
Well thanks, but what I keen with Gresh is that some of his ancestors were air tribe, so he has 'the blood of an air warrior ' These guys live for well over 100,000 years so 1 or 2 generations could be the rise and fall of a tribe.

wow i have to admit that this is really good theory and i like how it kinda of is able to support it self. definitely something i would support if there was a poll suggesting it be added to the actual story

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

It makes sense, although the Great Beings might have built specialized nanotech to go with things they needed Matoran to do in the universe. It might also be true that the Agori had a much more advanced civilization at one point in which these hypothetical tribes could have operated in.

It might also be true that the Agori had a much more advanced civilization at one point in which these hypothetical tribes could have operated in.
And I suppose not all of these elements/tribes would have been Agori / glatorian. After all we have skrall for rock but no glatorian.This is just helping to fill any holes in my theory.

Skrall actually are rock Glatorian. They're just, well, a separate tribe. :lol:I like this theory. (And one thing I like about it is that it's simple enough to understand easily, unlike a lot of the parallel universe, Red Star, etc. discussions that make you think a lot. :P)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Skrall actually are rock Glatorian. They're just, well, a separate tribe. :lol:I like this theory. (And one thing I like about it is that it's simple enough to understand easily, unlike a lot of the parallel universe, Red Star, etc. discussions that make you think a lot. :P)
No, they're a seperate subspecies, like Neanderthals to Cro-Magnons.Well, aside from air, light, shadow, and lightning, the other tribes seem too advanced.And aren't all Agori the same species? Don't they just have different loyalties?

Well, aside from air, light, shadow, and lightning, the other tribes seem too advanced.And aren't all Agori the same species? Don't they just have different loyalties?
What I'm saying is that there may have been other species apart from Agori, glatorian, skrall. That might have organized themselves in the same way. E.g. Skrall of the lightning tribe, just an example.As for being too advance, what do we actualy know of SM tech and scientific understanding before the core war?

I think this theory works, and I'll actually headcanon this for the time being. I haven't found a better theory as to this, and the current understanding (that the GBs randomly added many other elements, such as Plasma, because they'd be "useful") is inherently more flawed than this theory.

As for being too advance, what do we actualy know of SM tech and scientific understanding before the core war?
They had enough tech to manufacture advanced motor vehicles and Force Blasters at the very least - and given that enough of it was left over post-Shattering for such insane vehicles as the Skopio XV-1, I would say that those were the most common advanced tech. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...