Famine

My rendition of the famous Horseman of the Apocalypse.MOCPages for more pictures (and creepy background music, to get in the mood...) 1317334236m_DISPLAY.jpg 1317334256m_DISPLAY.jpg 1317334275m_DISPLAY.jpg 1317334302m_DISPLAY.jpg 1317334315m_DISPLAY.jpg 1317334333m_DISPLAY.jpg 1317334364m_DISPLAY.jpg Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with this MOC. Some things didn't come out exactly as expected (like feet and hands), but I still like it. Hope you do as well! Constructive criticism is always welcome (as well as some pure plain compliments =P ) And thats all, folks! NOTE: first pics are edited, they're supposed to be dark ...or something like it

Edited by JohannDakitsch

The night is dark and full of terrors...

Thats a great mouth! He looks fantastic, what with the solid black with white/red highlights, and his construction is awesome. The torso is awesome, and the feet look cool. One thing I am confused about is the staff... what is it? Other than that I think he would fit the prince of gluttony better than the horseman of famine, but that is merely personal preference. Nice moc!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Thats a great mouth! He looks fantastic, what with the solid black with white/red highlights, and his construction is awesome. The torso is awesome, and the feet look cool. One thing I am confused about is the staff... what is it? Other than that I think he would fit the prince of gluttony better than the horseman of famine, but that is merely personal preference. Nice moc!

Thanks! The staff is a scale. I did a small research and found out that the biblic passage that describes him says he carries a pair of scales, so I added them.

As you already know Johann, I really like this. The torso mouth is definantly the main aspect of this MOC. I enjoy how you gave it gums, although some form of lips slightly covering them might have been a good idea, but I'm not sure how that could be done. The rest isn't really anything special, those feet are pretty cool. On your next MOC I'd suggest making sure there aren't any unintentional gaps, although I'm sure you know this. Still, great job on this :)

As you already know Johann, I really like this. The torso mouth is definantly the main aspect of this MOC. I enjoy how you gave it gums, although some form of lips slightly covering them might have been a good idea, but I'm not sure how that could be done. The rest isn't really anything special, those feet are pretty cool. On your next MOC I'd suggest making sure there aren't any unintentional gaps, although I'm sure you know this. Still, great job on this :)

Oh yeah, on the next ones I'll try do polish them a bit more, and give some better work on the limbs (but in Pestilence there might be some intentional gaps). As for the lips, yeah, it could be a good idea, but I would possibly have to use non-purist elements(unless there is a black lego rubber band).. Anyway, I dont find it very necessary, the lack of lips makes it creepier in my opinion.

Just in time for Halloween! At a first glance, I thought the entire waist hinged at the jaw. However, I looked at your link to mocpages and saw that the...Body Jaw?...hinged independently of anything else. That is very unique. The idea of using teeth for "Famine" is rather apropos and I assume it's intentional. The bodily construction is also very solid and gives it a muscular but inhuman appearance. It's so good, but I can't think of what else to say. It's just really...eerie.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Just in time for Halloween! At a first glance, I thought the entire waist hinged at the jaw. However, I looked at your link to mocpages and saw that the...Body Jaw?...hinged independently of anything else. That is very unique. The idea of using teeth for "Famine" is rather apropos and I assume it's intentional. The bodily construction is also very solid and gives it a muscular but inhuman appearance. It's so good, but I can't think of what else to say. It's just really...eerie.

Thanks! Well, the idea was that it brings famine on the world, consuming everything, so, yeah, it was all intentional (kinda). i've done aquick research on the subject (the Four Horseman), just to have some base... Also, I've been wanting to make a MOc with a mouth on its chest for some time already, so I just enjoyed it :P Edited by JohannDakitsch

Thanks! Well, the idea was that it brings famine on the world, consuming everything, so, yeah, it was all intentional (kinda). i've done aquick research on the subject (the Four Horseman), just to have some base... Also, I've been wanting to make a MOc with a mouth on its chest for some time already, so I just enjoyed it :P
That's what I'd initially taken you to mean reading the intitial post. Thanks for confirming what I thought!

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

It's quite an unnerving MOC this. the mouth in the chest, is fantastic, but creepy... The rest of the MOC is also rather creepy, the clawed feet and the various teeth on the head. the staff seems a bit odd though, unlike the rest of the MOC, it doesn't seem vary threatening.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Love the use of mouths for his body, the hands and chest are ingenius! The build of him creates that scary, creepy look and the scale staff is a brilliant addition! Love to see the other Horsemen! Great MoC and great build!

"Wait, a hundred ships to one starfighter? It'll be a slaughter!

"That's the spirit!"

No! I mean MY slaughter!"

-Alex and Grig from The Last Starfighter-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

War anytime soon? Or Death??? I sure can't wait! This one is amazingly nightmarish and I can't help but fall in love with it. However, the waists look a bit odd to me. Still, this is pretty awesome. 10/10.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)