Mass Effect: Division

Light

IC: Afterlife night club, Omega

"That was you? Wow," Jason said, raising an eyebrow, "I don't suppose you'd be willing to tell me how that went down, would you?"

"Well, old friends are better than no friends, I guess," Camille replied to Catalina, not quite catching the meaning while Alank nodded in understanding, "You go on any interesting missions yet?"

ICCatalina smiled at Alank, disguising her unease at his curiosity. Though, she supposed, such a thing was common when regarding Shepard. Nevertheless she kept her pretty face as she looked at the group of mercenaries. "Nothing yet, I'm hoping we'll have something fun soon. And by fun I mean something with a little action. Perhaps we'll take Archangel approach on this place..."

IC"Cleaning up Omega would be like trying to make a Krogan wear a bunny suit, it can't be done." Cat smirked as she took another sip of her drink. "Perhaps just filter out the old filth to make room for the new." She sighed softly and shook her head. "Rather a sad thought though."

IC: Tykoh

With a grunt, a rather large krogan slid up to the bar, his presence alone causing the assorted crowd of mercenaries and bounty hunters to part. It was an almost subconscious thing, but then again, when someone who was both three times as large as anyone else present and had mutliple fesh bullet dents in their armor made a b-line for a place, one generally made a point to stay out of the way. If they fancied living, that is. The huge being spoke a single word to the bartender, but otherwise seemed to be minding his own business. With a proportionally large drink, that is.

Batarian slavers.

Generally not a problem.

Unless, of course, they disable your engines in a last-ditch effort to blow you up.

Then it's not so fun.

Rather suddenly, a loud krogan curse sounded from that area of the bar, followed shortly after by an empty glass shooting through the air. Large, empty glass at that.

OOC: there you goes :3

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

ICWithout saying a word, Cat pushed Tali to the side before ducking as a large glass flew threw the space where their heads had previously been. As soon as the glass shattered, Cat turned to see the thrower of the glass only to discover it was a large Krogan. She grimaced before getting up. "I'll be right back.""Hey! Bug brain!" She called out to the Krogan as she she walked over to the large beast by the bar. "That was a little rude, don't cha think?"

The massive krogan turned slightly in his seat, just enough to regard Cat out of the corner of his emerald eye. Though only half his face was visiable, the look of extreme annoyance was quite clear on it. He gave a low grunt, before turning back towards the bar, and turning his back to the human.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

ICCat glared before sliding into the sear next to him and made a very audible sigh. "Guess the stupid Krogan doesn't understand what I'm saying." She said with another sigh, obviously trying to lure the Krogan into acknowledging her. He would apologize for almost hitting her and Tali, one way or another.

Tykoh gave a bit more obvious reaction to that. Well, slightly more obvious than just turning around. This time, the massive krogan turned his head to face Cat, and frowned deeply, his green eyes narrowing. "I understand you, human," he replied in the deep, gravelly voice of his species. "Perfectly."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC"Fantastic!" Cat replied as she faced him, a large grin on her face contrasted with the firey look in her eyes. "Then you'd best go and apologize for so carelessly throwing your drinks about like a small child! You almost hit my friend!" She growled, not intimidated by how much bigger Tykoh was compared to her.

IC"Oh well..." Cat said softly, her green eyes glaring into Tykoh's. "You seemed so intelligent before... Now you're no smarter than a Turian." She smirked as she jabbed the Krogan with her words. She knew that Krogans hated Turians and, despite her personal view on them being the opposite, she spat the insult out.

"Everyone ok?" Jason asked after the glass had flown past them, interrupting everyone's conversations.

"Oh, I'm fine," Camille growled, standing up, "But whoever just threw that is about to have a really bad day." She almost followed Catalina up to the bar but Alank was quick to put a hand on her arm to stop her. Tali just nodded, looking only slightly annoyed but when Catalina went and got into the face of the Krogan who had apparently thrown the glass, Jason started to get uneasy. He had fought alongside and against Krogan before and his memories of the latter instances were anything but pleasant. Not only did they have naturally tough skin, their redundant nervous systems, multiples of several vital organs, and blood-rage induced rampages that made them all but-impervious to pain made taking them down a huge struggle. The fact that Catalina was now sitting down next to the huge warrior and still mouthing off, who Jason noted was not looking all that happy, gave him the impression that the young woman was either insane or a moron. Still, despite his reluctance to be anywhere near the increasingly irritated Krogan, he also didn't want to let their newly made friend possibly face him on her own and so he motioned to Alank to let go of Camille.

"Wait here," he muttered to the Turian, "And be ready for anything." Alank just nodded, standing up and slinking off to one of the upper sections of the club. With him on his way, Jason turned to Camille and the two shared a nod before making their way towards the bar. They stopped just at the edge of the crowd, staying on what Jason hoped was the Krogan's blind side but it was hard to tell since their eyes were positioned in a way that allowed for a huge visual field. The two sat down at a table with some other mercenaries to try and blend in.. "Just wanted a better view in case something goes down," he shrugged when they turned to look at him, "Don't suppose you guys mind?" The other mercenaries shrugged and went back to their conversation while Jason began to fiddle with his Omni-Tool under the table and Camille rested a hand on her cheek and the other on her lap, ready to draw her weapons at any moment.

IC: "It's actually how I met Shep-" At that moment Tali was tackled, cutting off the rest of her sentence. After Cat let her stand up she started fiddling with her omnitool nervously, obviously hoping that she wouldn't have to haul her best friend out of the fire.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Not for the first time that day, a red coated blur moved to intercept the coming fight. "Hey, hey now!"Alistair said loudly, suddenly only a few feet from where Catalina was having her standoff. "Come on, let's not do the whole fight thing. Because then Aria gets mad, and mobsters start dying, and then finally gets her nails done. It doesn't end well for anyone."

"Plus, I'd rather not have to watch the grounded bird get even more grounded, and the new guy get tossed out of the bar. Anyone want to see a magic trick?"

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The krogan fixed a single eye on Catalina for a split second, something akin to an eyebrow raised in disbelief briefly visiable to the human. That was, untill another human stepped in, this one a bit more... creatively dressed than the first. With deliberate slowness, the huge krogan turned to face Alistair, staring down at him.

"Who said," Tykoh began, smirk on his face, "anything about fighting?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:"I've seen that one when she gets angry." Alistair said brightly, clearly referring to Catalina. "It typically involves guns, bullets, and brains smeared against the wall."

"She also uses the favored weapon of most assassins. Small weight with good range and bullet caliber. Easily concealable. Makes very large holes in people's heads."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Evelyn: The young man surprised by Alistar's speed. He walked over and took an empty seat at a solitary table. Evelyn was vaguely curious as to how this would turn out and watched from a safe distance away. The cautious student eyed the rifles of any guards who were watching this scene unfold and almost looked as if he was ready to start dodging the crossfire.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

The krogan gave Alistair a final look, before directing his attention back to Catalina. He paused for a moment, a moment that was probably filled with more than a bit of suspense, given his species' rather well known tendancy towards violence, before shaking Cat's hand. "Tykoh," he replied, almost cheerfully, "Now, why don't I buy you a drink."

It was probably the closest thing to an apology that one would get out of him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC"Hmm I think that would do nicely." Cat grinned as she sat next to him. The sight was quite humorous; a petite human woman drinking and chatting with the large Krogan male. "So Ty, what brought upon that outburst earlier?" She asked between a sip of her drink, her eyes watching him carefully.

IC:

Rick crouched as he heard the shots of gun fire. He was behind the enemy's lines. If he could use a grenade (which he doesn't) and toss it at the gunners, he can break the line of defense and the ISA and Human forces would advance. He got his SMG and loaded it with armor-piercing. He breathed out and closed his then, then got up quick and shot the gunners with the SMG.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Once Jason was sure that things had settled down, he let out a small sigh of relief and gestured to Camille, who was looking a bit disappointed. The two made their way back to their table where Alank was sitting back down after returning as well. "Well, that worked out nicely," he smiled before turning back to Tali, "So, you were saying...?"

The gigantic krogan raised an eyebrow at the impromptu "nickname", giving Catalina a sidelong glance. Tykoh downed a good portion of the greenish drink in his glass, before spreading an hand out to indicate the side of his armor. The side that was riddled with dents and scratches, most likely made by a rather large amount of slugs. "Batarian slavers," he explained simply, "Knocked out engines, not fun."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Rick's shots found their mark, taking out a few mercs. The rest were dispatched by the remaining soldiers. A voice came through the comm. "Commander Robert James Tunkai, Deceased with honors. Good job boys. A shuttle is inbound. General Madison, out."

IC: Tali would have looked a bit flustered, if she was seen through her mask. "After I picked the chip up off the ground, suddenly C-Sec and every mercenary willing to work with security was after me. Shepard came in and picked me up just in time. We destroyed what peace there was..."

Edited by Elvis

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

"That can't be easy for you," Jason said, nodding sympathetically.

"Well hey, it ain't so bad," Camille shrugged as she poured herself another drink, "Business has been good ever since everything got shaken up."

"Really, it's not your fault," Alank added, "Quarian or not, I probably would have been curious to see what was on that chip myself if I found it lying around."

(Vilote)

The Krogan had been rescued, which Vilote was thankful for. The Krogan even paid for the rescue, which Vilote took gladly. The credits were much needed, and the ship was just there, ready to salvage.

Dropping him off at the nearest port, Vilote made a bee-line for the wreak of the ship. No other scavengers had showed up yet, so it was time to collect what ever was there to sell as scrape or use as spare parts.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC:

"Hoorah Tunkai, hoorah." Rick said to himself as he heard the comm. "Good to see I can finally get out of this place." Rick surveyed his surroundings through the buildings window. Everything seemed good. The soldiers have pushed back the mercs far enough after destroying the gunners. I guess it's time for some sniping action. Rick got to a shady area in the building and readied his sniper rifle with some incendiary rounds. He laid down on the floor and adjusted his scope.

He then found a merc heading around the line of fire, so as to attack from behind. He aimed and fired. The bullet went right through it's head, sending blood out of the exit wound. "Not today you don't."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Ronan McKay

The rest of Omega was relatively busy. The usual number of people on the streets, all going about their business as per usual. Noise. Conversation, yelling. Footsteps.

Ronan was sitting against a wall near there, staring at the ground. He was in his full armor, his guns keeping his body further against the wall. It wasn't comfortable, but it kept people from trying to start things with him. At least, that's what he figured it was. He found himself listening to a rather "enlightening" conversation between two Vorcha. Initially, he found himself thinking about what he'd do for a job. This was no place for him, and he only realized that after it was too late. There wasn't money to be made on Omega unless you were heartless enough to take it. Not for a man who lived by the gun, at least.

"There you are, big guy," a voice says, followed by a nudging kick to his boot, "Guessing work isn't working out for you, huh?"

The man was a mercenary recruiter, for... Actually, he couldn't quite remember who. Blue Suns? Eclipse? Maybe he was a third party contractor? Either way, when Ronan had first arrived, he had turned him down in favor of picking his own work. The man laughed, at the time. But now...

"Desperate enough to take a chance on me?" the man asks, offering a hand out.

Ronan simply looked up with a blank stare. In a way, he was surprised the man remembered him, and still took interest in him. Though in truth... He was that desperate. Even though he knew that going along with him would be something he regretted in the long run.

He took his hand, standing himself up. He didn't really have options here.

"That's it," the man says, with a triumphant grin, "C'mon. Let's go to Afterlife. I'll put you in touch with some people."

"... Let's just make this quick," Ronan says reluctantly.

"You'll thank me later," the man says, as they walk.

Afterlife wasn't too far away, thankfully. Not that his new companion wouldn't have been decent company. Ronan just didn't feel like talking to him. In a way, he had just admitted defeat to this city. Hopefully he could leave soon though... They stepped past the bouncer, who didn't make an effort to stop them.

"I'm gonna disappear and ask around for a bit, see where we can land you," the man says in the entry hallway, raising his voice a little to meet the distant thumping of the music inside the club, "You enjoy yourself. Get some drinks, mingle. Looking at you now, you could probably use the down time."

With what money? he wanted to ask.

"Just start a tab and we'll have whoever hires you on pay it off later," the man says, answering his question without him asking it. He seemed to be confident, at least. What did he stand to gain from this, Ronan wondered? "Welcome to Afterlife."

As soon as the main door was opened, the music became a lot louder. The lights, the people, the scenery. It caught him off guard, since it was his first time being in here. He wasn't usually a club person. While he was distracted, his new "friend" had wandered off, leaving him alone.

"A drink, huh?" Ronan says to himself, feeling a bit out of place, "... Why not."

He walks to the bar on the upper floor, leaning against it, not bothering to grab a seat. He ordered a drink for himself, turning and looking at the rest of the room while he waited for it to be made. The infamous Afterlife... What sort of people would he find here, he wondered?