The Best Laid Plans: Gameplay Topic

IC: Liluke (Stopping)

As the Racer skids to a stop beside her, Liluke ends her movement in quite a different way.

Namely, by jumping, half-flipping and landing on her hands, and pushing herself backwards and onto her feet with her hands.

She's found it's remarkably effective.

"Well, this isn't the bank I'd trust with my money, but to each their own."

Her statement isn't unwarranted, the bank itself is somewhat run-down, the sign looking ready to fall off, and the doors creak as a light breeze blows through.

Not a happy place, in her opinion.

Zakaro

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - Bank

'Well, that's because you're not talking to the right people.' I said as I pushed open the door, waving in Liluke and the Le-Toa. Once inside, I went right past the bank tellers, instead heading for a back door. I knocked on it rhythmically. There was a sliding of bolts and latches heard on the other side. The door opened a tiny bit, and a yellow eye with a scar over it looked through.

'What do you want?'

'My dear friend. This Le-Toa here would like to make a deposit into my account.'

'Another Racing Leaguer, huh?'

'They never pay on time. I've had to... enforce it.'

'You've been doing a darn good-' His eye widened when he saw the Maxilos. 'IS THAT A COPPER?'

'Relax, friend, she's just here to oversee the transaction.'

'Alright. But if a raiding party comes knocking at my door tonight, I'm naming you as an associate.'

'Don't force my hand. Now let us in.'

Yet more sliding of bolts, and the door opened fully, revealing that the owner of the eye was a scrawny Onu-Toa. He waved us in hastily, and closed the door behind us.

I turned to Liluke. 'So I don't use the most legitimate ways of securing my money. At least this guy's never been robbed. The rest of the building gets at least two to three "visits" a week.

ONE TIMESKIP LATER

We left the bank, and the Le-Toa, whom I'd met years ago in the Duelling League, jumped into his Racer and sped off into the city.

'Sorry about that. It's the only safe place in Gearheadville to keep money nowadays.'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

OOC: Egads! Couldn't you guys slow down to let me reply? =P

IC:

"Deal."

Aunae didn't really get this guy. Why was he so concerned about having a sword if he had guns? Combine that with your elemental powers, and you could be really lethal... As long as you wanted to.

Aunae began to reach for the sword, only pausing when a thought crossed her mind.

"Money first," She said, "I'll give you the sword once I have the money. And yes, I'll give it to you. I never go back on a deal."

IC:

I cursed under my breath. I didn't have much time to do anything. Either tell her to run and escape the coppers without shooting them, or just shoot them down on the spot, and leave her here with the bodies, cash in hand.

OOC: I choose the good karma

IC:

"Get out of here. I'll be right behind you." I really felt tense.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC(Drox, The Ghetto): After about an hour of typing, the hunger returns.

And no, not the hunger for the chase, I really am hungry. I head to the fridge to scavenge something out of my meager possessions. And find nothing. It looks like the thieves broke in again and stole all the food. I really need to put a padlock on that thing. Oh, well. If they needed to steal it that badly, they needed it more than I do. Another trip to the grocery store it is.

I grabbed my coat and hat off the desk, and clambered out the window to the fire escape on the second-floor apartment building. The building I lived in (if you could consider my domestic life living) was surrounded by other decrepit buildings, of the same general size and shape. The Suits definitely weren't original when they built this place.

I shape shifted into a small Lava Hawk, and dived off the railing, corkscrewing down to the "ground" of the sky-city, where I then discreetly transformed back into my original form. The street was mostly bare, aside from the occasional loafer, but I had to be cautious. In this business, a knife to the gut was quick and subtle, especially if you had enemies like mine. When you're up for hire, everyone wants to kill you, including the people you work for.

So that's my life. I begin striding in the direction of the nearest convenience store, careful to watch my back, and hoping that I find adventure along the way.

OOC: Open for interaction

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Volo's open for interaction.

IC: (Adala, Typerwiter Town Bar) [...] I sat down at a table, resting comfortably into the soft cushions as I looked about the area, sitting about two tables away was a Ta-Matoran. He was about as tall as any Matoran, wearing deep red armor, his arms and legs a sort of yellowish-orange. The look he had as he scanned about the room, he was fishing for something of interest. Before his eyes caught mine, I looked down and pulled out the notepad from my satchel. I was lucky that Deputy Minister Etolin's disappearance had attracted attention away from me. Reporters of every ilk, people I once thought were my friends, gutted me, attacked me, left me broken. I lost so many "friends" in that ensuing smear campaign. I don't even know what I stumbled across, but somebody wanted my credibility destroyed and they got that. Only for a while though, that's all they would get. My father always sad I was incredibly stubborn, guess he was right. I flipped open the notepad, scribbling some notes down. Plaza Nuva- Where all the white collars live and work. As much as I dislike the idea of it I might need a team if I expect to get any information there. Breaking and entering likely. Gearheadville- Hot bikes and usually even hotter mechanics. I'd rather avoid Gearheadville, but I don't have much of a choice, I need a speeder, no money to buy one though. Stab 'N' Grab- Where I bought my revolver, great place for info if you're willing to pay more for it, usually reliable. Ghetto- Best for any info on gang movements, current plans, deep cover might be necessary if I want to get anywhere here. I rest my left hand on my head, sighing. So once again I was at square one. Brilliant.

IC: VoloBar, Typewriter TownDing went the bell above the door as someone else entered. Volo waited till the door had clicked shut again before turning in his seat. The newcomer was scribbling in a notepad: another reporter? She paused after a minute of writing and sighed, covering her forehead in her left hand.Other than a few people sitting in corners, this bar was empty. This was as good a time as any to initiate a conversation.Volo removed the cigarette from his mouth, exhaled the smoke, which twirled in a wavy spiral over his table, and stood."Hey," he said as he approached, twisting the cigarette in the first two fingers of his right hand; a tendril of smoke still trailed from its end. He extended his other hand. "Name's Volo."OOC: Edited because I should check a character's gender before assuming. :annoyed: Edited by Legolover-361

IC:

Aunae nodded, getting up and darting up and away from from the Toa and the Coppers. While she knew that under normal circumstances, she'd be able to run away and hide on a rooftop or the like. However, with the sword on her back, she didn't know how far she'd get, or if The Coppers would even follow her.

"So, uh, I'm sure that the whole 'transforming into local wildlife' thing isn't new to you," A voice said behind Drox.

IC(Drox, Alleway, the Ghetto): "No, it isn't." I said, less surprised by the fact that someone was behind me, and more surprised by the fact that the being spoke before trying to kill me. Most assassins tried the stealthier approach, stabbing me before talking. I voiced this in my next question. "You know, most assassins for the Suits have tried to stab me, then talked to me. You're either new to this game, working for a few of my frenemies in one of the Ghetto kingdoms, or you're not an assassin. So which are you, so I know whether to stab you or not?"

I waited for the voice to speak again, and fingered my gun in its holster, waiting to ascertain where the voice came from.

-Elrond

Edited by Elrond of Rivendell

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC:

"Unlike you, I'm not big on the whole "Stabby-stabby" part. I'm more of a "Talky-talky" guy myself."

Varren deactivated his Kadin, dropping down in-front of Drox. His clothes had a slightly dishevelled look to them, like he hadn't been bothered to try and wash them for at least a day.

"I am Watcher. Or The Watcher if you want to be specific," He said, holding out his right hand to shake Drox's.

IC(Drox, Alleways, The Ghetto): "I apologize. In my line of business, it pays to injure first, ask questions later. Or at least, to find out who it is I'm talking to."

I did a quick look-over of the being, taking a quick look at his hand before shaking. My quick analysis brought nothing. Male toa, wearing a mask I recognized as a mask of mind control, but was obviously a Kadin. His arrmor coloring was blue-silver, but he radiated warmth, indicating either a toa of fire or plasma. This guy clearly was used to hiding identity, something that was essential to three groups: The Gumshoe, the assassin, or the thief. I wasn't sure which. Better play it safe. I thought about using my real name, but then reconsidered. With that lack of hesitation that characterizes any good investigative reporter, I replied "I'm Mantox .Average joe, toa of Magnetism Nice to meet you. Now, why are you flying over the city-scape like that? Any good thief knows that'll attract the coppers."

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

IC:

"That's not quite everything," I elaborate as a faint, flickering sneer passes of my otherwise placid face, "While I'm gone, I need you to keep a tight grasp on the media regarding the Deputy Minister; enough panic was been sown around the city with reports of Etolin's disappearance already. We can't afford any more unsatisfactory news about him getting across the populace."

I don't wait for a response before I turn for the door, "I'm heading over to Typewriter Town; if something comes up, contact me, understand?"

-Void

-IC: Saevam Ensis, Nuva Plaza-

"There is no need to insult my faculty of comprehension," Saevam said somberly, briefly glancing at Vod as he answered, his stare solemn. "The implications of our situation are cognizable."

Edited by Replicant

pNNgXax.jpg

IC(Drox, The Ghetto):

"Just getting some grub right now. I'm hoping to blackmail some Suits, bring down a few Ghetto kingdoms, and disappear from the public eye in the space of the next few hours. Oh, and by the way, if you're trying to stay a dead man, you might want to hide soon. Those coppers are always searching this alleyway. It keeps me awake at night. You're going to stand out like a sore thumb, unless you come here often. Coppers may not be thinkers, but they know how to recognize outsiders. Then again, you could come with me. I've been needing an assistant recently, and you'd fit the bill. What'd ya say to that?"

OOC: oops.

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

IC: Cral"So...where do you plan to go now? I'll leave if you want."Truthfully, Cral did not know how to get back to his "dwelling", as he liked to call it, though he didn't show it. Maybe he could get some simple directions from Koglar.

IC: Koglar

"Well, I am going to go to the Stab N' Grab. My paper has an experimental Antidermis detector, and it works on dead Rahkshi and the contained Antidermis. They want to do a field test, and I volunteered. You can come with me if you want."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC(Drox, The Ghetto):

This character seemed honest enough. At least he didn't smell, like my last partner. It was time to find a job, and typewriter town was just the place for an investigative journalist to find some "honest" work. That, or a good place to blackmail some of my former contacts. Either way, it was a good place to speak with this Watcher character. "Then let's go. I know of a nice place in Typewriter town where we could talk. It might have a few leads for a good story."

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

IC(Drox, Ghetto):

"It's a little corner shop called, originally enough, the Typewriter Town bar. It's a great place for meeting contacts, following leads, stealing stories right out from under other people's noses, ecetera, ecetera. If you want a story, you'll almost always find one there." I answered over my shoulder as I levitated above the ground, polarizing myself against the metal that made up most of the city's ground level. "We'll take the flying route until we can reach the nearest chute station. As much as I love shapeshifting, traditional methods of transportation attract less attention than the fun methods."

OOC: Might want to wait a little before we continue. We've spammed (in a good way) almost the entire page with only a few other people posting.

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

IC: Liluke (Outside Bank)

"Heh, I'm not surprised. Lately it seems the Stab 'n Grab has been expanding into Gearheadville more than it should, and that certainly makes it hard to keep money safe.."

She trails off, seemingly lost in thought. After a second or two she turns to look at the Ta-Toa beside her, speaking once more.

"On another note, shall we be off?"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC: Eh. All's fair in love and war.

IC:

"Fun methods are called 'fun' for a reason," Varren said, jumping into the air, activating his mask.

"Ready when you are, Maestro."

Aunae quickly jummped onto the ground, putting her hands on the back of her head. She hadn't been shot, but ducking was a good way to stay out of the whole thing.

OOC: BeggerPie, are you talking to us?

IC(Drox, Ghetto): I gave a final shove with my elemental power, lifting me far off the ground. At the peak of my climb, far above the island, I shapeshifted into a variant of the Kohu. There I stopped for a brief moment, surveying the city below me. Despite the decaying stench called the ghetto around the city's edge, Phan-Metru was magnificient, a testament to the engineers' ingenuity and artistic talent. The ground-dwellers had really missed the boat to paradise, even if the paradise was somewhat short-lived. But this was the present, and I had a duty as a gumshoe to the people. I turned around, and looked to my new buisness partner. Unable to speak in a recognizable language, I simply skwaked, and waggled my wings for him to follow. I then swooped into a wingless dive, headed straight for the quiet sector of Typewriter town.

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

OOC: That was uncalled for! :P

IC(Drox, above Phan-Metru):

I love flight. It's better than walking, better than racing in gearheadville, even better than the culmination of a successful case.

Well, not the last one. But it's still one of the most enjoyable things you can do for fun. That feeling of almost uncontrolled falling can't be compared to anything else in this world. I felt each individual gust of air nudge me, felt the catch of wind as I extended my wings as far as I could. The sun scorched my back, in sharp contrast to the cool of the air. I flapped a few times, to hold that moment a little longer.

Then I let go, and dived again.

The ground approached rapidly, and I had to resist the urge to scream. My heartlight was beating the drumbeat to a heavy metal rock band. I waited for the right moment, then finally unfurled my wings, catching my fall right before I hit the ground. I shapeshifted quickly, bringing my appearance back to normal, and with it the magical moment of flight. Even in a city as grim as this, the world had it's bright spots. The sky was mine.

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

IC:

"Go, I'll deal with them." I then raised my right arm up at them. I then slightly raised my other, while puling them back slightly. then pushing them forward, creating flying shockwave at the Coppers. The field was fire, so might as well get a few burns. "Lets go!" I ran towards the square as fast as I can, looking over my shoulder to if she and or the guards are following me. Luckily, she was able to keep up. No guards in sight.

"All right. Here's your cash." I hand her some money worth about five protosteel plates. Here it's some big money, in fact the protosteel on my sword costs a lot here. "Now go to wherever you where headed and get out of here. The guards will come after me not you."

IC(Drox, Typewriter Town):

"What are you laughing about?" I asked, looking over at Watcher. "Did I permanently sprout feathers, or are you usually this giggly? 'Cause we won't have that luxury in the bar. These gumshoes pick up on everything, and when everything's a potential story, you might find yourself on the cover of a magazine. Methinks that would be counterproductive to your death. Rising from the grave is a popular subject, due to it's rarity." I looked over at my partner. "We'll go in seperately. You first, so as not to arouse suspicion, and then me. Meet me in a side booth, near the window. I'll tell you more there."

OOC: Gotta go for the night. Don't wait up for me to go inside.

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

IC(NPC Coppers):

The shockwave stalled them. But only for a little bit.

A wave of bullets flew out of the alley, followed by two Coppers, the Toa that saw them originally, and another Toa, both armed with swords and handguns.

The first Toa leveled his handgun at Aunae, the second Toa aimed at Flaredrick.

"You're under arrest for destruction of city property and assault. Give up now and you won't be hurt." the first Toa ordered.

WIP

IC:

"Go I'll hold them off, and don't argue with me." I turned back to the guards. "So you want a fight huh. How about we settle it like times before we had guns. A little good old CQC." I lighted up my fists. "Let's see how well you are at some REAL combat." I threw another shockwave at them. I then ran at them and took out my sword. Sowrd on left and open hand on right. I aimed at one of them, firing balls of fire at him. Then a fire grenade at the other.

OOC: That's dirty fighting! :PIC(NPC Coppers): The first Toa held his ground against the shockwave, and dodged the fireballs, sliding under them. He brought his sword up and swung at Flaredrick. The second Toa was unlucky. The shockwave made him stumble. He fired off a few rounds at random towards Aunae, before crumpling from the fire grenade. He flew back and crashed in the alley.

WIP

IC(NPC Coppers):The Toa stumbled backwards from the fire. He gritted his teeth as he felt his feet leave the ground from the shockwave. He crashed into the far wall, knocking him out. Down the alley, more shouting could be heard.OOC: I don't mind really. They're just NPCs.

WIP

IC(NPC Coppers):They ran up and dropped to their comrades' sides. "Looks like both of them took them down." "Should we go ahead?" "No, pull back. They're probably gone now. Let's get these guys to the sickbay." The footsteps slowly grew fainter and fainter.

WIP

Ic: Zarembo cast his eyes forlornly at the wreckage as the handsome stranger left. The scurry of firefighters could be heard, a rushed gallop of feet on the street as they closed in with their hose in tow, and Zar stepped aside to allow them to deal with the situation. As his eyes scanned the area again, however, he caught a brief glance from the stranger as he looked over his shoulder back at Zarembo as if regurgitating a curiosity about him. The engineer instinctively fingered the butt of his gun and watched as the stranger vanished from view.

Another cascade of footfalls erupted through the crowd as a crew of Coppers arrived on the scene, driven by their sense of duty to fulfill the laws. Or, at least, the laws the Suits told them. The police started rounding people up as witnesses to the crime scene for questioning but Zarembo had no intention of being asked anything. To him, the Coppers were a neutral antagonist, a force that served his former peers and would be all to glad to deliver him to the Suits. He wasn't wanted, but he could not give his identity away, something that could easily be done if people aware of the situation on the upper levels put two and two together.

One of the Coppers seized Zarembo's shoulder and moved him to the side to ask him about the situation and a tinge of dread befell his mind as he felt the grip of the officer. The man asked him a question but he didn't reply; his attention was at the firefighters as they poured their water down on the wreckage. The smells of steam and smoke overwhelmed the area as he firefighters extinguished the smoldering ruins of the bikes, accompanied by a loud hissss that filled their ears just like the explosive billowing covered their vision with a dense cloak of white. Zarembo twisted himself from the Copper's hold and knocked his arm away from him before falling away from the Copper. When the white eruption was raised from the Copper, Zarembo had vanished without a trace.

The false engineer had quickly darted behind the wreckage to escape the immediate wrath of the Copper and waited a few seconds before vaulting up and behind the rubble the crash had created from the supports to the chutes. Already stressed and known to be out of shape, Zarembo breathed heavily as he crept behind the stone and metal mess. A tiny gap between a beam and the blocks afforded him a peephole with which to survey the Copper he escaped from and he observed the man hold his sidearm up and cautiously look around. Clearly a more experienced officer, he was not going to be outwitted by a Rabble member nor was he going to ignore Zar's spectacularly clever escape. He knew the engineer he held in place a moment earlier had reasons to escape; Zar had switched the Copper's gears a little.

He waited for an ideal moment to leave his hiding spot and flee from the Coppers and get back to work. The Copper flashed a light around to seek Zar out, silently searching with calculated effort and intense sweeps with his torch, but Zar patiently remained still, measuring his breath carefully to not give himself away. The Copper stepped closer to him every time, though, and Zar knew he had to move soon. Quietly and slowly he fished a hex key from his toolbelt and flung it aside. the distinctive ping of the little tool as it hit a nearby support caught the Copper's attention and redirected his sweeps and steps, giving Zar the opportunity he needed to scamper away and flee into a nearby alleyway. Without wasting time to look behind to check or thnk about his next step he just ran as fast as he could in a zigzag patter before ducking away and completely getting lost in the maze of streets that wound in the undercity of the Ghetto.