Ussanui designs

So, according to Bioniclesector01, the designs for the Ussanui were locked in Takua's mind when he was a Matoran, and were unlocked when he became a Toa. It doesn't explain why, so I'm wondering if

1. This is some kind of manifestation of Takanuva's special light-based ability (that all the Av-Matoran have), and if so, if Toa of Light have access to their abilities without needing to maintain physical contact with a Toa or Makuta. Speaking of which, if that isn't the case, then what is Takanuva's ability?

2. The designs were put it place by the Order of Mata Nui when they mind-wiped and relocated him. If that's the case, then for what purpose? They couldn't have know that he would ever end up in a situation in which he could create and use it, could they?

If anyone has any explanations or can confirm my theories, please reply.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Well, obviously the real explanation is that the story team hadn't come up with the idea until 2008 (and maybe in-story he didn't realize he had the ability due to the mind wipe), but he really should have discovered and utilized it in Karda Nui.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Now about the topic, I have an idea.

Matoran can't access their Kanohi bc of their mental discipline not being developed enough, and maybe the secrets to the Ussanui were the same. They could be locked in an inaccessible part of his mind (making me think they have in-organic brains).

The order might've guessed that anyone hoping to harm the Great Spirit would want to evacuate Metru Nui, causing ill for Mata Nui. It is also possible that the Mana-Ko (being spies) alerted the Order that the Makuta was going to keep them on the surface if they were ever trapped there. This would provide another reason for them to install the designs, bc it would quickly fly all the way down to the Great Spirit's face beneath the island if they needed to get one Toa back to Metru Nui. Maybe it was never designed to just get Taka to the gate of Metru Nui, but to get him through it too.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

They probably planted Ussanui designs into all Av-Matoran, just in case it ever came in handy. Maybe. To quote bonesiii

"Food for da thunkies"

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

The Kratta inside the Ussanui would lead the rider to the Makuta that created it. So in case of Makuta rebellion, the Ussanui could be built to find the Makuta wherever he may be. Now, the question is...

Who put the designs into Takua's/the Av-Matoran's head?

Edited by TNT-Vezon with an Olmak

new_sig_legacy_2.png

In that case, then I'd assume it was the Order of Mata Nui. Basically as a safeguard in the event the Makuta rebelled, just like the Golden Armor (though they didn't create that). That still leaves the question of Takanuva's secondary ability, though...

2. The designs were put it place by the Order of Mata Nui when they mind-wiped and relocated him. If that's the case, then for what purpose? They couldn't have know that he would ever end up in a situation in which he could create and use it, could they?

Could have been a simple just-in-case kind of thing or they possibly had plans to use it for their own ideas.

This isn't on topic, but come to think of it, why didn't Takua use his light powers like the other Av's?

He was mind-wiped so he basically wouldn't remember that.

Hmm... I was under the impression that it was said all along that the Mask of Light somehow gave him that knowledge. Which was also always mysterious as to how an inanimate object could do that (although it's confirmed mental imprints on masks are possible, though not understood very well).

Of course it's been a long time and it's my memory so yeah...

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's quite possible that the design was imprinted in the minds of all Av-Matoran, and Takua just happened to be the one who found the Mask of Light and "unlocked" the designs. This could also explain part of the rationale behind scattering the Av-Matoran, as the Ussanui would provide a means for the Toa of Light to track down the Makuta and kill them.

I wonder if Takua's light-based ability actually did manifest as a Matoran, as there were plenty of instances where he came in contact with Toa. This could neatly tie up some plot elements that were never explained, such as the mental link between Takua and Gali.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

It's quite possible that the design was imprinted in the minds of all Av-Matoran, and Takua just happened to be the one who found the Mask of Light and "unlocked" the designs. This could also explain part of the rationale behind scattering the Av-Matoran, as the Ussanui would provide a means for the Toa of Light to track down the Makuta and kill them.

I wonder if Takua's light-based ability actually did manifest as a Matoran, as there were plenty of instances where he came in contact with Toa. This could neatly tie up some plot elements that were never explained, such as the mental link between Takua and Gali.

But Gali knew about the mind link somehow, and Takua didn't, so it probably has nothing to do with it.

It was confirmed that Toa have the ability to create such a mindlink with any Matoran. It wasn't an Av-Matoran thing.

As for explaining why Takua didn't use his abilities (other than maybe the color scheme thing at the start? or was that paint?), he didn't remember that he had them.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It would make sense if Artahka had put the idea for the Ussanui into Takua's head (after all, the dude is the creation master, so he would encourage creativity and all that). Also, could just be another GB failsafe - in case the Makuta go bad...

But the Makuta were made by Mata Nui, so I lean towards Artahka as well. He might have given secret knowledge to the Av-Matoran in hiding during the Time Slip period, to be "unlocked" if they became Toa.