Akano's Comics

Akano

Over seven years in the making!

Welcome back, everyone, to Akano's Comics! Hi, I am Akano. I was inspired by some comic authors such as Matreid and T-E to make my own comics. I hope you enjoy them. I'll take opinions, comments, and constructive criticism. No spamming, flaming, etc. I'd really like your opinion! Thanks to Razor, Rayg, Mout, RZ, ToM Dracone, and Swert for the sprites. Also, thanks to Matreid, T-E, Litoru, etc. who inspired me. And, thanks to KK for some of the ideas.I am not accepting guest star PMs! I will choose guest stars myself if I see fit!PLEASE NOTE! All sprites/comics/ideas are copyright their owners and using said content is not allowed without permission from their respective owners. Thank you.

RULES FOR GUEST STARRING:

• You have to post.If you haven't posted, that means that you don't think you can add to the discussion. If you can't do that, then how is it you want to guest star?
  • You can't bother me to take you as a guest star.I will choose guest stars as I see fit. They will most likely be someone who has posted here for a while and someone I deem worthy for the comedic part of the comic. Bothering me makes me less likely to guest star you.
It's first come, first serve, but after that, I won't accept more for a little while. There are currently 0 spots open. Also, to view PNG comics instead of BMP, click the ".png" link next to the comic name. Please notify me via PM if it doesn't load right. Enjoy! :D

Guest star list:

EMPTY

akanohi.png

The Comics

Character Page.png Updated as of 6/25/05

Comic 1 K.K.'s death.png

Comic 2 Po-Koro.png

Comic 3 TVM.png

Comic 4 Meet Misterwill101.png

Comic 5 Meet Misterwill101 again.png

Comic 6 T-E Guest Stars!.png

Comic 7 Game Show Part One.png

Comic 8 Game Show Part Two.png

Comic 9 Game Show Part 3, The Finale!.png

Comic 10 Soaroka vs. Lewa!.png

Comic 11 Zapper goes to the vet.png

Comic 12 Guest starring Lady Ervai!.png

Comic 13 Guest starring Master Makuta and Keratu.png

Comic 14 Guest starring Pohatu Jr. Master-0-Pie.png

Comic 15 Ardakh Arrives.png

Comic 16 McLichen's starring Kaanuva & Humourman.png

Comic 17 Species test.png

Comic 18 Akano got lost....png

Comic 19 Akano the inventor guest starring Valcuma Toa of Crystals.png

Comic 20 My internet's failure

Comic 21 The secret to my trimming abilities starring Dark709!.png

Comic 22 Fem.png

Comic 23 My promotion.png

Comic 24 My shoes.png

Comic 25 Michael McLichen.png

Comic 26 How to present guest stars.png

Comic 27 A bet starring Wise One.png

Comic 28 Hunger kills.png

Comic 29 Atkano starring Kewat and Infected Lost Toa.png

Comic 30 Purification.png

Comic 31 Dummy.png

Comic 32 Distraction.png

Comic 33 Sharing Powers.png

Comic 34 Annoyance.png

Comic 35 Good News!.png

Comic 36 Guest starring Vanatu!.png

Comic 37 Tap and I go mental, guest starring GSMN.png

Comic 38 I'm a nerd.png

Comic 39 Dealing with problems, guest starring Toa Jetice.png

Comic 40 Superglue, guest starring Raka Nuva.png

Comic 41 Understanding, guest starring Minq and Kayru.png

Comic 42 Neglecting.png

Comic 43 Babysitting.png

Comic 44 Saying goodbye.png

Comic 45 Change of Style, Same Old Stupidity.png

Comic 46 Paint Cans...or Bazookas.png

Comic 47 Laziness....png

Comic 48 Time Difference.png

Comic 49 I'm back!.png

Comic 50 Happy 50th!.png

Comic 51 Happy 50th! Part 2.png

Comic 52 Happy 50th! Part 3.png

Comic 53 Happy 50th! Part 4.png

Comic 54 I've been busy....png

Comic 55 Seriously, I felt THIS good after Friday night....png

Comic 56 @_@;;.png

Comic 57 Obsessions.png

Comic 58 Don't ask....png

Comic 59 Gone for a week....png secret edit

Comic 60 Kinda like Comic 56....png

Comic 61 Once again, obsessed.png

Comic 62 Just my luck....png

Comic 63 Boredom? Yeah, you could say that....png

Comic 64 Halloween!.png

Comic 65 What happens when Bionicle and Homestar Runner collide....png

Comic 66 Minish Minish Minish....png

Comic 67 Strong Bad isn't the only one with an e-mail show.png

Comic 68 Thanksgiving comic.png

Comic 69 Jingle bells?.png

Comic 70 First Cee puns, now this....png

Comic 71 So, why don't we see KK anymore?.png

Comic 72 The Piraka are awesome....png

Comic 73 I didn't do it!.png

Comic 74 Yes, I do call it milk day... >>;.png

Comic 75 Blatant advertisements!.png

Comic 76 Isn't that Nixie's?.png

Comic 77 What a wonderous occasion!.png

Comic 78 Yay for running gags!.png

Comic 79 EIGHTH?!.png

Comic 80 Sorry, GSMN, I couldn't resist....png

Comic 81 He's a genius, I say!.png

Comic 82 Coincidence?.png

Comic 83 State....png

Comic 84 8D.png

Comic 85 3-year Huna.png

Comic 86 Happy Independence Day!.png

Comic 87 Fusion Part II.png

Comic 88 Trying to get away.png

Comic 89 I kinda joined the trend a bit late....png

Comic 90 Mosquitos.png

Comic 91 Some mask powers just aren't worth it....png

Comic 92 Recovery?.png

Comic 93 Scratch that last one....png

Comic 94 Ego? Maybe a little.png

Comic 95 Minish again, Happy Halloween!.png

Comic 96 MONKEY!.png

Comic 97 The Joys December Brings....png

Comic 98 Enforcement structure.png

Comic 99 ...I am so angry at myself....png

Comic 100 At long last...the hundredth comic!.png

Comic 101 DNA Evidence and sweet text bubbles.png

Comic 102 Changes of Styles.png

Comic 103 I've Got Nothing.png

Comic 104 Filler: The Effect of College on Akano.png

Comic 105 Akano is not a partier....png

Comic 106 Wait...Female?!.png

Comic 107 Finals week....png

Comic 108 Akano is not a morning person....png

Comic 109 Sad news.png

Comic 110 Warning: Keep Out of Reach of Children.png

Comic 111 It lives?!.png

Comic 112 Objection!.png

Comic 113 Filler: Who's that Pokémon?.png

Comic 114 I choose you, Miltankano!.png

Comic 115 The Legend of Hapori Tohu.png

Comic 116 Work.png

Comic 117 Happy Fireworks!.png

Comic 118 Free Kazoo!.png

Comic 119 Appear and Inspire!.png

Comic 120 Silver and Gold.png

Comic 121 Forget the Rules!.png

Comic 122 GRE.png

Comic 123 One of Few Things That Is Worse When Yellow.png

Comic 124 Interference.pngComic 125 Welcome back.png

Comic 126 At least KK never lived on a rock farm.png

Comic 127 Abstract math is almost as bad.png

Comic 128 Learning.png

Comic 129 Procrastination.png

Comic 130 Brotherly Love.png New as of 12/5/12

The "How I became me" Series

How I became me Part 1.png

How I became me Part 2.png

How I became me Part 3.png

How I became me Part 4.png

How I became Me Part 5 The Finale!

Special Comics

Wedding.png

Character Page Edit.png

The Night Before.png

Forever and ever....png

Disk of Time.png

Costume Part 1.png

Costume Part 2.png

Costume Part 3.png

Thanksgiving shorty.png

777th Post Celebration!.png

Valentine's day shorty

Happy Anniversary!.png

Happy Holidays!

2 years...

April Fools'!

Happy New Year 2008!.png

Happy Four Year Anniversary, Akano's Comics!.png New as of 5/12/08

Fan Comics

Pohatu Jr.'s character Page Edit

YMCA From Keratu

Fan Comic from Kaanuva and Humourman

From Toa Jetice

From Tapaio

From Krigui

Darnz's fan comic

Fan comic from airanuva

From Angela Toa of Colors

Kodakano advertisement from Karectahn

From Dylan the Roporak

From the planet of higher lifeforms where Scarabs say... from toa_of_life New as of 3/17/07

Fan Comics I made for other topicsThe meaning of Tiandi.png

Old joke....png

He's so cute starring the real Litoru.png

Old dog, new tricks.png

For PDACBHe scares me... >>; New as of 7/4/2005

Edited by Akano Toa of Electricity

Akano's Comics
BZP's resident "MOO" obsesser. My Blag.
"Quality trumps potential every single time. Why? Because all potential means is that you might become great. Quality means that you already are." -Kahinuva
We are the Order of Absolutely Crazy People. Sometimes, that's all it takes.
My stories: Inventor of Metru Nui, My Transformation, My Transformation Part II, Inventor of Metru Nui Rewritten
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

Oh, hey, you finally got these up and running! Of course, I still disagree with your layout and all, but whatever makes you happy. And I didn't even bother with that equation. XD "Hmm... Meh, it's probably some high level math humor." The first panel just made me laugh, though. Anyway, good to see things are up and running. I suppose we can expect a new comic in two months. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Hooray! The comics are back! It just occured to me that Kivi, although regularly mentioned, has not actually appeared in quite a long time... Also, I'm going to let my math-wiz-doing-calc-at-15 friend explain that equation to me.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the replyings!

Justax: Nice. I was amazed and happy with how awesome math is when I saw those equations for the first time.

Akuna: Wow, this must have become a rather popular math thing recently.

Oni: Dark709's comics started around the same time mine did, I think (you could probably check the BZP archives to verify that). I miss those days as well. :)

Tekulo: What about the layout do you not like? And, yes, it is higher level maths, but it isn't overly complicated. Just confusing. :P

Calvirick: Oh, yes. I explain the math behind it here. And thank you. :)

Kaitan: I also direct you to my above link if you want an explanation. Also, that is true about Kivi. I need to come up with some ideas for him...New comic sometime in the future. :P

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
"Quality trumps potential every single time. Why? Because all potential means is that you might become great. Quality means that you already are." -Kahinuva
My stories: Inventor of Metru Nui, My Transformation, My Transformation Part II, Inventor of Metru Nui Rewritten
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

Glad these are back. I think after the retirement of LR, I think you are the only real "old" comic maker who is still here. Anyway, the new comic was smart and funny as always. I love math jokes. I remember how my mind was blown when my teacher had told me that a triangle with two right angles was possible in spherical geometry.

Majhost sucks

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, haven't posted in your comics (regardless of the new or old one) since 04 or 05. Geez, I forget.Nice to see they're on the new forums, and the math will definitely assist in the big comeback... haha.EDIT: Also, how's KK doing? I haven't spoken to him since 06 or so.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Oh man, the ToM Kit 2. I haven't seen that used around here in a long time; shame, because its still a pretty good kit.Anyhow, I've meant to post here for a very long time now. Your comics are great, and its awesome that you've kept them running for so long. I'm glad that there's at least still one active veteran in the new forums.

• 4 months later...

Wild new comic appeared! :o

Viewer used Read!

Akano used Reply!

iPenguin: Wow, that makes me feel old. :P Now, if only I could get comics out at regular intervals...

Tenebrae Invictus: This is going to sound weird, but KK said he has no idea who you are. XD Did you go by another name on the old forums that isn't listed in your Display Name History? :huh:

Kahinuva: I love the ToM Kit 2; it has a certain charm to it. Should I pride myself in being the last veteran, or feel like an endangered species? :unsure:

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

A Wild Soran Appears!A Wild Soran uses Read!A Wild Soran uses Reply!Wow, these comics are still around? I remember reading these comics over and over again a lot in the past... Really blows my mind to think that you are still making these. Anyway, your latest comic, was actually funny, I liked it a lot, and that joke never gets old. And you also included ponies? Best comic in the world.Funny joke + Graphics + Ponies = Epic win.Awesome work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New comic up! Not a long one, but hopefully pretty funny. :)

Soran: Ponies make everything better! 8D

Peng Floyd: :lol: Indeed. My former roommate was a political science major, and I can tell you we all (including him) busted on that field.

:PKreos: That's so kind! Thanks! And, yes, it has claimed the life of my brother. Kids, talk to your friends before they study geology.

Boss Tweed: In KK's case, yeah, pretty much. :P

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

Loved the new comic. Philosophy really can be convoluted and weird; it's a bit of a joke, really. Like Geology. :3

Edited by DJ N00bslayer

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

• 4 weeks later...

Ah man, I really should be posting here more often.Throughout my time on BZP, Akano, your comics have always been one of my favorites.After what happened to BZP months ago, it's great to see another comic making "veteran" still active in the forum to this day. :biggrin: I'm really glad to see you've still been making comics, and I value the fact you've perfected your style over time.Keep it up, Akano!-V-

Edited by The Venom

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

New comic is up! And, wow, a lot of replies happened in the past two days! :blink: Time to reply!

tent163phantoka: "They're like serious comedians." I love it! :lol:

The Venom: Thank you very much. ^_^ I don't know about perfected, but I certainly have come a long way.

SK11: XD Also, good to see you're still around. :)

Kahinuva: ...then Saruman had better watch out. :P

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

This is why I'm going to continue to avoid taking Physics.And when I said your style "perfected", I meant you've managed improve the style of your comics without really changing much.I guess I do really mean "you've come a long way", but oh well. I'm bad at wording. =P-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

• 2 months later...

New comic is up and ready for viewing!

Kahi: Yes and yes. I hope you enjoy taking it. It can be quite fun. ^_^

Venom: Don't avoid physics! Embrace it! It's so fun!

Malignus: Not an engineer! :P There is a lot of physics in engineering, since engineering is mainly physics applied to the things we build.

Summer: Yes indeed. Hopefully you use Griffiths' Intro to Quantum Mechanics, though. He is a great author for physics texts.

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

Quite a genius idea, I must say. I'm going to start doing that, I already have the procrastination part down...But anyways, I really like the simplicity in your comics. You don't use really flashy, amazing-looking graphics, but you still get the point across. I like that. Not to mention the comics are just hysterical. I really enjoy the style! Keep making comics please!P.S. I share your birthday. :)-Rez

Tenebrae Invictus: This is going to sound weird, but KK said he has no idea who you are. XD Did you go by another name on the old forums that isn't listed in your Display Name History? :huh:
Very late reply, but yes I did. It might may have not been him that I conversed with, but he's definitely a familiar face.Anyways, funny comic, though isn't being productive the antithesis of procrastination? :P

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

• 2 months later...

New comic posted! Time to reply to you wonderful people.

wierdox: Power through it! Face senioritis head on and apply directly to the forehead! Wait, that's not right...

Reznas: Thank you very much! I try not to get too bogged down in the graphics because I started these in MSPaint, and although I use GIMP/Photoshop now, I prefer not to spend too much time on the aesthetics. The jokes are what everyone comes for anyways. ^_^And cool! I shall have to remember to add you to the short but surprisingly existent list of people who aren't KK that share my birthday.

Tenebrae Invictus: Ah, I see. No worries. And that's the beauty of my method! 8D

Hope you all enjoy the new one!

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

When you said you had a new comic up and that I should see it, I didn't think it would be based on a conversation at my expense; however, if I had to pick conversations at my expense around which to base a comic, it'd be that one. :P

kkespin.gif

kkbannericyfont.png

Check these out: Akano's Comics! Use the report button. Thank you Black 6 and munkeymunkey for the proto boosts!

"BZPers sometimes tend to see the world as very black and white, without realizing it is mainly shades of gray." -GregF