• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPower's First Topic

Not this one Thinking

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2013 - 08:30 PM

I had a question, and I'm, of course, looking for an answer.

The question is: What was BZPower's very first topic? Archives only chronicle to a certain point I believe, so I was wondering what was before that.

Now, can someone supply the answer? :P

Thanks!

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

#2 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 898 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2013 - 08:34 PM

I don't think anyone could answer this question. :P  But if anyone could, it would be Dimensioneer. He created BZP, so he is the person most likely to know.

Shadows of the past catch rays of the future on Turaga Beach.

#3 Offline Torgalpif

Torgalpif
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 308 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 12 2013 - 08:37 PM

I would assume the rules. Otherwise BZP would have been pure chaos.

But yeah, I would say the rules. As for the first "user created" topic I have no idea. *Shrug*

#4 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2013 - 08:39 PM

Well, aside from a Rules topic, of course. lol

Also, good point on Dimensioneer being, most likely, the person to accurately answer the question.

Edited by Pantera, Jul 12 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Led Zeppelin?

#5 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2013 - 10:17 PM

I assume the first topic on BZPower would have been something celebrating the fusion of Kanohi-Power.com and BZCommunity.com, which lead to the creation of this site.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#6 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 770 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2013 - 11:38 PM

The archives don't seem to have anything in them, as far as I can tell. Every topic comes up empty, even the most recent ones.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#7 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 898 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2013 - 11:53 PM

The archives don't seem to have anything in them, as far as I can tell. Every topic comes up empty, even the most recent ones.

That's because of some kind of an error with the archives that HAZMAT explained to me, but I can't really remember what exactly it was. :lol:

Shadows of the past catch rays of the future on Turaga Beach.

#8 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,203 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 13 2013 - 10:43 AM

Probably the rules. What were you expecting?

eW9kyVR.png

#9 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,160 posts

Posted Jul 13 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1

This gives you an error. 

Posted Image Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P

The rules topic is not it. That's topic 29771. :P 

My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it. 

Edited by fishers64, Jul 13 2013 - 06:01 PM.

Vote HERE for The Ninjas Play MNOG in the Ninjas IN SPACE contest!

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#10 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,892 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 13 2013 - 07:23 PM

Even on the early merged forums (it was merged already when I joined, so I wouldn't know before that), most of the older topics had glitches and couldn't be read properly. Many posts were out of order and the like. So unless someone was around to see it at the time there is probably no way to know.

I'm going to guess that it was about Bionicle. :P

#11 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,187 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 04:39 AM

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1

This gives you an error. 

Posted Image Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P

My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it. 

Good grief, how are those archived pages still viewable?! They're supposed to be permanently lost, aren't they?

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#12 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 05:55 AM

Looks like only some topics are gone.

I couldn't access 194, or 195. But 196 I managed to find.

Maybe if T-Hybrid comes back again we might know?

#13 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for all your input, guys! I can kinda see this turning into some legend of sorts, which will be fun if it happens. But then what bones said asks another question: What was the first topic on "Pre-BZP" (or before the merge that created BZP)? It's very unlikely we'll ever really know that one, though.

Led Zeppelin?

#14 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 01:08 PM

Everyone has already said it. BZ's first topic, KP's first topic and BZP's first topic were all the rules.

#15 Offline Sir Kohran

Sir Kohran
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,025 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 03:18 PM

After sifting through hundreds of numbers, the earliest topic I've found so far is 456, from July/August, 2001. Probably not the very first topic, but surely one of the earliest.

#16 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 08:27 PM

Everyone has already said it. BZ's first topic, KP's first topic and BZP's first topic were all the rules.

Probably not. A dedicated rules topic might have come after.

After sifting through hundreds of numbers, the earliest topic I've found so far is 456, from July/August, 2001. Probably not the very first topic, but surely one of the earliest.

Well, that's quite old.

It's actually older than BZPower - that was made about a year before Kanohi-Power and BZCommunity were merged.

#17 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 08:50 PM

That's odd, then. Do those archives count topics before the merger?

However, it's very close to when BZPower came to fruition, I believe.

Led Zeppelin?

#18 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 10:39 PM

Maybe it does. They could have just kept all the topics from prior to the merger when BZPower was formed.

#19 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 10:59 PM

Clicky

#20 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2013 - 11:44 PM

That's the first topic following the upgrade.

BZPower existed way back.

#21 Offline Sir Kohran

Sir Kohran
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,025 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2013 - 06:15 AM

Well, that's quite old.

It's actually older than BZPower - that was made about a year before Kanohi-Power and BZCommunity were merged.

Well, there are quite a few other topics from late '01 and early '02 (before the merger) still available. This is the only topic from summer '01 that I've seen so far, though.

Another thing to note is that the oldest posts in it are from 29th July. Given that BZCommunity was created on 20th July, this topic was posted within the first nine days of the site's existence.

#22 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2013 - 07:39 AM

But my point is that it was also probably the first topic before if it was first here.

#23 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2013 - 12:58 PM

I think we may have the answer, or at least the oldest topic we can possibly find at the moment. Anyway we could find ones that are even closer to the launch of BZCommunity? Nine days after launch seems somewhat early, though...

Led Zeppelin?

#24 Offline Sir Kohran

Sir Kohran
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,025 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2013 - 03:02 PM

Anyway we could find ones that are even closer to the launch of BZCommunity?

There are thousands and thousands of different topics; searching through them all would be practically impossible. It was just a stroke of luck that one of the oldest happened to be in the first five hundred or so that I looked through.

#25 Offline Linsanity

Linsanity
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,497 posts

Posted Jul 16 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'd say probably the rules.

#26 Online Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,795 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2013 - 03:11 AM

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P The rules topic is not it. That's topic 29771. :P My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it.

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]That's very odd. How could the 193rd topic be from October, yet the 456th topic from July/August? That just goes on to show that the archives are really out of whack.[/color][/font] [font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]-Rez[/color][/font]

Edited by -Reznas-, Jul 17 2013 - 03:11 AM.

rc_banner.png

#27 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2013 - 03:54 AM

Maybe the topics are categorised by which forum they're in?

#28 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 657 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2013 - 10:08 PM

The rules, that is all, good day.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#29 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 770 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 20 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hmph. *continues pressing buttons* The first one that is readable seems to be topic 193, right here :P The rules topic is not it. That's topic 29771. :P My theory is that the first 192 topics were ported over from BZCommunity and are thus lost, but we need Dimensioneer to confirm it.

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]That's very odd. How could the 193rd topic be from October, yet the 456th topic from July/August? That just goes on to show that the archives are really out of whack.[/color][/font] [font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]-Rez[/color][/font]

And it's not like you can actually make out a discussion in these old topics. Posts are out of order?

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#30 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2013 - 04:02 AM

The Archives had been pretty screwy. And some topics are missing a number of posts.

#31 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 11:25 PM

It seems I have picked the best time for asking what the first topic was, with the archives messing up and all. XD

Led Zeppelin?

#32 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Toa Ignika Soars

• 19,064 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 11:57 PM

It would have been easier if you asked when the Archives still lived.

#33 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yep, right on that. Too bad I only started to wonder this question just recently. :glare:

Led Zeppelin?

#34 Offline MrPerson

MrPerson
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 64 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 09:29 AM

That is one tricky question...wow

Mr. Person CptnJckBANANA.gif

0 user(s) are browsing this forum