Epilogue: School Bulletin Board

There no such thing as levels perse, and the development of abilities depends on three things: Age and Strength of the Bloodline, Amount of daily blood intake, and the Vampire's age. So while yes, at the character's current age, assuming she taken decent amounts of blood, you might have one or two abilities developed, unless you're a ridiculously strong bloodline they'll probably not be developed too much. As for those bloodlines, you'll need a good reason to get one approved from them. Also if she hasn't stopped her aging yet, it's doubtful she has the blood required for even one ability.

Also strength is generally one of the abilities they gain right after taking in a fair amount of blood, it fades away later on though. Think of it like drinking a potion to increase your strength in a video game. (Lev this is your faulty for referencing D&D).

Another thing, Whip scythes? What are those and how they possibly a good idea for the wielder when scythes themselves are so terrible.

Now as for the sword thing. A vibrating blade, how is that possibly a good idea, it's going to be awkward for the wield, cause drag when slashing, mess up any thrusting, and make it harder to cut. Kyle himself is still approved, but as it stands now the sword thing isn't.

Sigh these weapon issues are what I get for approving while in a hurry.

As for the school question, there are four primary levels, but the large variation of ages does blur the lines somewhat. Also it's not unknown for students to repeat years just to learn more. In this RPG currently we already have 18 year old Humans starting as Freshman, so it's more so when you enrolled as opposed to your actual age.

EDIT: Hubert gave the rough outline, thanks man.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Another thing, Whip scythes? What are those and how they possibly a good idea for the wielder when scythes themselves are so terrible.

Don't try explaining this to people. Video games and the like seem to have convinced people that the scythe is a practical weapon.

Like Lev, I'm also open to anyone who requires a partner. If your character needs one, you can talk to me.

Well then perhaps we may have answered each others question.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

How about everybody who still needs a partner for one of their characters post the person's name here. That way everybody can see what their options are.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

If this character needs any additional weaknesses or the like added, just let me know. :)

-Toa Levacius Zevhor :flagusa:

Name: Brennus Cynbel

Type: Noble

Classification: Idol. Idol is a term commonly used in texts to refer to a very rare breed of stone creatures designed to act as vessels for higher ranking demons when a human was unavailable. However, few were capable of supporting greater than Serfs, and the project was viewed as failure. These Idols were capable of feeding on psychic energy and transferring it to the demon possessing them, while remaining inactive when not possessed. During the early days, demons would possess the more monstrous appearing of them and take on the roles of local gods and what-not, causing people to flock to the Idol and provide power. Over time, however, members of the species began to siphon some of the energy they were meant to absorb for their demon host and develop free-will. These were the first Noble Idols, and some of the first Nobles to be brought about in the world. As many acted as objects of worship, the thoughts of worship often led many to believe they were actual gods, and seek out as many worshippers as they could gather. The fact they often worked against demons, and yet also were commonly hounded by Hunters who sought to remove potentially dangerous creatures, meant that many were sealed away in hidden places. In terms of age, the Idol is incredibly long lived; only the Kitsune has the potential to live longer, and yet even then, few have ever reached their maximum age. What generally happens is that an Idol is taken away from contact with humans and intelligent creatures, and thus falls into a sleep. Some spark of the former being remains, but over the years, their memories begin to fade away. Many still remain scattered across the world; the most powerful are dangerous enough to match epic creatures, and have resided in secluded lands since well before the ancient Greeks. Some remain hiding in plain sight, appearing as nothing more than statues. Others still are being awakened occasionally, as humans spread further out. While most prefer to be let alone, at least one of them was found by the Venator Academy…

Appearance: Brennus, in his natural form, appears as a slate grey statue of a human man standing about six feet tall. He is capable of maintaining an illusion of normality, in which case he is capable of projecting his appearance so that he appears as a human standing at a few inches over six feet. He has a beard of rather uncharacteristic development given the age he appears as (about sixteen years) that is also a component from the base statue. Otherwise, his hair is short and black. Out of necessity, he also manifests the illusion of appearing to wear a school uniform, whilst the statue itself appears to be armored more than anything else. His eye color changes from time to time, and while he tries to keep it as either brown or green, it often fades into a slate grey coloration. They never move or blink, which can be disconcerting to some; he stands incredibly still, much like a statue (of course) and his clothing, being an illusion, never seems to move as it is supposed to; he has trained himself to lip sync with his abilities, but a careful observer will sometimes note strange and out of place differences; the effect of interacting with him is comparable to the “uncanny valley” phrase.

Personality: As his subconscious mind has retained its full maturity over the course of his inactivity, Brennus has the same maturity that one may expect from a young adult regarding most circumstances; however, his lack of any memories or real world experience causes many things to be very strange from him. He also has very little in terms of social grace or manners. Overall, he wants to understand more about who he was and is, and learn more about the world he now inhabits. He is almost consistently calm, and incredibly patient, to the point of almost appearing to procrastinate or move too slowly. He does not seem to understand humor, and has a limited grasp of emotions (though it has developed quite well, as his subconscious memories of the past resurface and he has increased proximity to other beings). His personality is also somewhat malleable, as close and constant proximity to beings that have certain traits cause those traits to become much stronger and almost mirrored in his actions; keeping away from others entirely leaves him with few traits to speak of. This is due to his constantly siphoning of psychic energy in the air around him.

Biography: In the year 2012, during the recession of the Vistula River in Poland, numerous marble statues and other artifacts were discovered which had been hidden away for close to 400 years ago. Naturally, there were representatives of the Venator Academy among that lot, making sure nothing of demonic nature – or perhaps a trapped demon – may have been locked away there. The threats at first seemed accurate when an incredibly lifelike and obviously not marble stone statue was uncovered. The younger group out on the field had never encountered an Idol before, and thus did not suspect it to be a sentient being. Due to the large number of people working on the dig, Brennus began to awaken from the proximity to psychic energy, and started wandering about with no memory of past events. Exorcists attempted to remove the spirit within, only to find that there was no such presence. Due to the apparent sentience of the creature, it was figured that Brennus was at least worth some study, and brought back to Venator Academy. Some quick study showed the beings true nature, and further investigation suggested that it had been stored away alongside the other statutes so long that its memory had eroded. The only thing the creature remembered was its name, which appeared to be of some sort of Celtic origin. Some effort was put off to the side to begin teaching the Idol about the modern age, and about the threat that demons posed to both it and other creatures. It agreed to assist as much as possible, and was enrolled within the Venator Academy just as though he were another Noble… albeit a rather strange noble.

Skills/Abilities: Brennus has a few abilities worth note that come from his species –

• As an Idol, Brennus constantly feeds off of the psychic energy around him in order to maintain his abilities. Thus, the more people that are present, the more ‘human’ his behavior will seem to be and the more realistic his illusions appear.
  • Illusion Generation. This is an incredibly mild form of the power, giving Brennus the ability to project his ‘student’ appearance and keep its movements realistic rather than obviously false.
  • Tongues. Brennus can communicate telepathically to any being in any language, but only by projecting simple thoughts in an empathic manner, such as emotions or images. He can actually project telepathic speech to a single individual or to the area around him if he understands the language, as this is his only method of speech. The distance is based upon sight. His ability to associate images or emotions to words makes the art of learning a language quick for him; for now, all he speaks is English.
  • Stone Form. Brennus is composed of incredibly strong stone about two inches thick, with hollow space in between. This makes him hard to physically damage by any means; few handheld weapons save those of a blunt nature can do much damage to him.
  • Physically, Brennus moves slowly. He can’t run or really even jog without making a huge amount of noise due to his stone body. However, he is quite strong; being punched by him is like being punched by a fist made of stone, after all. Likewise, it is nearly impossible to break his grip.

Weapons: Brennus is still learning his manual dexterity, and as such lacks the ability to use items like firearms very efficiently. He has no formal training in any weapons, and instead prefers to work with his bare hands in combat.

Weaknesses: Brennus also has a number of vulnerabilities due to his species –

• Psychic Vessel. Brennus is meant to act as the storage space for a demon to possess, and as such, is both more and less susceptible to possession than a normal human. Due to his Noble nature, he has actually strengthened his form to the point that a Lord could possess his form. However, if he has a sufficient psychic strength at the time due to a close bond with a single being or being around a large group, he has a greatly increased resistance.
  • Shattering. If Brennus receives even a single crack in his stone form, the energy he has gained begins leaking out. The first thing to go is his powers. It takes less than ten minutes for his conscious and subconscious minds to be drawn out, causing him to die. The more severe the crack, the more rapid; if his head is destroyed, he dies instantly. Covering a crack or whatever with a wrapping will close off the process, but it only takes a few seconds for him to be severely weakened. Any illusions he has will also drop immediately.
  • Slow movement. As indicated in “Skills/Abilities.”
  • Holy Weakness. While Exorcisms and the like are useless, the fact that Idols – even Nobles – once had a demon within comes into play. Different holy and unholy chants, or weapons/items that possess such abilities, can be put into use in order to weaken his powers severely, or even cause him to revert back to being trapped in statue form.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

How about everybody who still needs a partner for one of their characters post the person's name here. That way everybody can see what their options are.

I'll do one better. :pAbraham Daniels, Summoner. Comes with the added bonus, or problem depending on how you look at it, of basically having a teenage poltergeist eternally messing with him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well to add on to that -

Alexander Hawkins. Researcher/Classifier. Doesn't know how to fight well, but if you do, he can tell you exactly what you need to kill it. Also, highly knowledgeable in other subjects.

This topic looks like it's turning into a PUG search. Might as well ad the "looking for group; 1 moar 4 t-ment" tag to each of these.

Well color me intrigued Brennus Approved with one requirement take out possible possession by Princes. Now characters I've got Ren: Possessed Banisher. Shoots things with a bow, no people skills.Also have another character in the works, Vinnie, she's a Noble Mermen, Kelpie to be precise, also a trickster with developing illusion powers.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Scythes are farming implements, made for cutting crops, not people. Of course, if one converted it to a war scythe by shoving the top bladed part into an upwards position like your traditional peasant mob does, it can serve as a somewhat effective pike style weapon to use against cavalry.

Wouldn't it be more effective as a fauchard than a spear?

My characters who need partners.

Vincent: Summoner/Banisher. He's not too tolerant of fools and will take any job seriously, so it's a guarantee that he won't mess around.

Agnes: Noble Vampire. Prepare to have your ear talked off if you partner up with her. Skilled in combat though.

Misayo: Noble Kitsune. She's nice. Pretty average, so we won't help you burn through one area or anything.

You could always switch the sides that have the blade on it. Although the problem with that is that most of a scythes cutting power comes from how your sweeping in rather then out.

Regardless, they don't make good weapons without some real changes and putting them on hard to control whips is asking to kill anybody in the area, including yourself and your allies.

As far as cool weapon ideas though, that ones not bad.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

See if a Scythe were too come into this game it'd be in the hands of someone who relied solely on Rule of Cool. That it is to say he could somehow manipulate physics to make that weapon feasible.

The only two types of characters capable of such a thing, Villains and Teachers.

Also about Even Numbers, should we turn up short I'm willing to make a random NPC for you to use. One more thing, there's actual eight characters currently, one from me, another on the way. That's only including people who posted in this topic.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Hey guys, got a problem here that I'd like answered.

I'd like to enter Eliana into the tournament, but since I'm going off to camp next week I won't be able to post at all.

So, I'm asking whether or not I should:

A, Enter Eliana and NPC her

B, Enter her and let someone else RP her

C, not enter her and NPC her.

Thanks!

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Normally B is the ideal option, but none of have really seen enough of your character to be able to bunny her, plus the Tournament will be requiring rather detailed relations between Characters.

So just say she entered with some NPC or something, then jump in when you come back.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Well color me intrigued Brennus Approved with one requirement take out possible possession by Princes.

Ah, of course. I'll take it out immediately. That actually takes a way vulnerability I had some concern about, too...

Oh, and one thing guys. You know, while scythes are a useless weapon in most circumstances, I think I figured out a use for them in the context of this RPG. They may be pointless in most circumstances, but what are we to do when we're forced to battle a demon possessed wheat stalk?

Sure.

Oh, and one thing guys. You know, while scythes are a useless weapon in most circumstances, I think I figured out a use for them in the context of this RPG. They may be pointless in most circumstances, but what are we to do when we're forced to battle a demon possessed wheat stalk? -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Yes, I like this idea.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

You...You..How dare you?! A man who hate's scythes is no man at all, even if their anatomy states otherwise! Ahem. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, all jokes aside, when I put whip scythe I meant something like a kusarigama, which is a actual weapon as you already know. The scythes are also retractable and less then half of her height, which now that I think about I should have specified. Too little...

Alright bear with me. In taking blood is different from stopping aging? Would it be acceptable to rethink her having not stopped her age? Is coming from an entire family of Nobles reason enough to count as special?

What do mean drag? The blade doesn't vibrate all the time just when you activate the trigger. The effect it is supposed to be like Raiden's high frequency blade, which allows the user to cut through things like room temperature butter, only weaker. Even if the sword was a pain to wield, wouldn't the use of an ungainly weapon be the choice of the user?

Also, Kyle, possessed Banisher, cool head, mostly sane, is up for grabs.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

I still can't see whip scythes as practical, the blade would still be too long and oddly curved. Attached to something as finicky as a whip, that still seems like a recipe for disaster.

Aging is slowed whenever blood is taken in, hence to fully stop one's aging, one needs to take in blood fairly regularly. Yes you can rethink things as the character hasn't even been approved yet. Take Misayo, the character was completely reworked from what was originally proposed to me.

What do you mean by special?

I was referring to air drag. Also I don't see how a vibrating blade would cut easier, if anything it would make it harder to cut as it takes away the fine edge. For Raiden the blade vibrates at ridiculously levels, levels that would probably shatter any blade in this setting, not to mention that speed can't even be achieving in a setting where the technology is on the same level as modern day.

That's not even getting into all the problems with the actual gripping of the weapon. Seeing a vibrating blade isn't just unwieldy, it's unable to be held at all. Have you ever held onto a vibrating object for a prolong period of time? Your hand goes numb and it's much hard to grip. Any time something collided with the blade you would drop it.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I won't claim that the use of the Kusarigama is a practical one, but it is a viable one and the overall use of her whip scythes would be similar in a way. I think I understood that right, a regular intake of blood and stopping aging are essentially the same thing. If so I have rethought my position and she has slowed her aging.

It was a joke.

From what I see the vibration of the blade is a bit of a hassle, were I to remove it make the blade a viable thing? Also, if the Vibration was due to a Holy enchantment or something of the sort, how would that fair?

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

whipscythe.pngWhat happens with a whip-scythe.You see, a whip is a thing you use to whack horses and stuff with when you need to make them go faster (although painting them red would be much more effective). It's also rather short, and probably can't hold much weight. Shoving a scythe-blade on it will pretty much make the weapon more useless than just a normal whip, because you'll have to be careful when using it and making sure the blade doesn't just drag the whip down. And how will you store the weapon?Also, scythes are already impossible to use properly as weapons. Shoving one on a whip ... you might accidentally whack it into yourself.

I think Hubert adequately conveyed the problem with Whip Scythes and Snarky is right, it matters not how you got it to vibrate, the fact remains that vibrating blades just don't work.

As for the aging, I will need to see when she stopped her aging. I also still have to see a more detailed description on the level of her powers.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I checked it on Youtube; Hubert's right.

Ogawa Ryu - Kusarigama - Feb - 2013

The guy with the sword... I can just hear him thinking, "Seriously, my sword is supposed to be getting beat by that thing?"

"Should have brought a spear. Or maybe a longbow. Or a rifle."

"Rifles are good."

"Stick a bayonet on that sucker and gut him like a pig if he gets close."

"Yeah."

If you've brought a longbow to a sword-fight in feudal Japan, then you're obviously a peasant. And if you brought an unwieldy and slow musket to a sword-fight in feudal Japan, you're also a peasant.

To specify, you're an alive peasant. For a while, until some noble has you strung up. I'm actually not familiar in Japanese executions but I can't imagine they're any more pleasant than European ones.