BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Kirgan and Hile

(Ta-Koro):

Kirgan shook his head. "I don't recognize any of them. None of those guys seem to be important or legendary characters like Makuta, the first Toa or the Maru... they're just like random names."

"And we know Stronin is just a blacksmith", Hile added. "The only guy from the list we know is just a simple Toa working for a living."

OOC: Viima and Tivanu from Ga-Wahi.

IC Viima

(Ta-Koro):

As Viima and Tivanu returned to the village through the front gate, Viima immediately noticed his friend walking on the street. Orderin was back!

"Orderin!" Viima shouted in excitement. "We're here!"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: "The forerunner"

I paused, and watched as the smoke that had once encased the clubhouse, cleared itself. I felt how the smoke was flowing at the moment. Three vents, seemed to be blowing it all out and away. Instead of resisting it, I let it take do its job for a few moments, allowing it to add to the thick smoke that already encased the outside of the building. Once they had stopped blowing out smoke, I made my move. I walked several paces away from the clubhouse. Instead of putting more smoke inside of the building through the windows, I created tendrils of thick sooty fog and jammed it down the vents. The still running fans sputtered to a halt. My element invaded the building.

OOC: Sorry for this post being so late, shouldn't happen again.

Edited by Aurora the cat

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu merely whistled suddenly and Kive-phu came flying to land on his shoulders and he treated her to what appeared a small piece of meet which she hungrily ate before looking back to Orderin and Viima

"Well glad to see your out and about Orderin."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: "The Wanderer"

Even from his perch high above the Piraka hut on a dark grey slab of rock outcropping, he could hear activity happening inside. Whirring, roaring, perhaps even some shouted commands. The loss of one sense had bolstered his others, hearing included. That said, he was quite certain that the Toa of Smoke was going to be very dead very soon.

OOC: While fog is water droplets, actual smoke (with enough thickness) could probably foul machinery because it is composed of solid particulates. I suppose fog could mess with electricity if it condenses inside sensitive parts.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

IC Kaunis

(Ta-Wahi, Beach):

From the air, Kaunis watched Forerunner enact his plan. Contrary to the expected, the Piraka did not dash out of the building.

Kaunis was genuinely worried about Forerunner. He was facing five Piraka at once, which pretty much guaranteed death. And as far as Kaunis went, she was of no use in the coming conflict. She could not fight.

Kaunis watched on, petrified for the sake of the inevitable bloodshed that would soon occur.

IC: (Kino)

I smirked, lying there on that couch, Karz this thing was comfortable, I mean don't get me wrong my chair was comfort, but this couch...so soft, and right across from Jungle Boy's desk, you couldn't ask for a better view. Well you could but that's neither here nor there.

"Hello there Angel...how has your day been? I was wondering if you would make good on a promise tonight..." I smirked, my light grey eyes looking to his baby blues, a pout across my lips. I remember it quite clearly, Angelus told me to name a reward in order to help him and what I asked was probably something he didn't quite expect. Really though, it was something I was looking forward to. Teasing was fun but with Liacada apparently somewhere in Le, the days felt rather empty, unless I was here.

IC:

"Kino, for the last time, I'm not going to let you have your pick of goons from the prisons to test--"

"Not what I'm talking about, cute stuff."

Oh. "So...uh...what's up."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Viima

(Ta-Koro):

"We did", Viima said with a nod. "And we were given a task to find and capture Surina. If we do, it'll certainly mean a big reward for all of us. We should go to Le-Koro first, because I have something there that can give Kive-phu Surina's scent."

Tivanu shrugged already heading towards the gates

"As soon as you two are done talking."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

My machines. Some--

He--

I...

"My machines."

"Ohhhh, boy..." Hakann muttered from the other room.

My eyes flickered and began to glow on a dim level as my vision cut through the smoke and ash, boring through the wall and locating a source of metal in the shape of a body not so incredibly far away. He was crouched down, well-hidden, and if he were dealing with other Toa it might have taken us hours to find him, and he may have smoked us out. But we were not Toa, and now he was definitely about to die.

"Reidak," I said. "Give me the fans."

He grunted and kicked the three ruined devices my way, grumbling a path behind them and finally resting to a stop as he adapted to the smoke and breathed as though it were nothing but common air. Hiding my hand behind the wall, I pointed at where the intruder was and then tilted my head towards the fans again. Slowly, he grinned - it was the ugliest sight I'd ever seen, but with any luck, it would be one of the last the Toa was treated too as well. Reidak grabbed a fan, reared back, and tossed it with an awful, brutish flourish - it went flying into the air and I drew my Seismic Pickaxe and fired it off, obliterating the fan in midair. Molten slag and metal rained down on the area outside the bungalow, and it barely had time to start slowing before Reidak had hurled the second fan, and then the third.

It would take more than just a bit of luck to dodge without being hit with burning, melted metal, spinning fan blades, or good old fashioned heavy debris. Teach you to with my machines...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Viima

(Ta-Koro):

"Looks like our Skakdi buddy is getting impatient", Viima remarked. "Fine, we should go."

IC Kaunis

(Ta-Wahi, Beach):

"Forerunner!" Kaunis screamed in fright as the equipment started flying out of the windows. There was nothing she could do about the bombardment of explosing machines and debris, but she could do something to offer Forerunner a distraction.

Still atop the Kewa, Kaunis took out her flute and started to play. She used high and powerful notes, hoping to take the minds of the Piraka away from Forerunner.

IC: Vezok

So I was perfectly content to continue on my way without interruptions. No irritating Matoran, no crazy Toa trying to be heroic. But, as it seems, the universe had different ideas.

Now, I don't know if you've ever met Avak before, though if you value your life, I suggest you don't. Anyway, as you may or may not know, the psycho has a thing for gadgets, most of them not conductive to a healthy lifestyle. As such, I did the smart thing when the perforated metal cylinder sailed over my head from behind to clatter to the ground in front of me, and I jumped back, twisting in the air away from whatever the Karz it was.

Rather than explode, as I assumed it would as most grenades do, a brilliant flash suddenly filled the area, accompanied by an equally loud bang that I felt through my armor. My ears rung, and even though I hadn't been looking directly at the device, a green after image was burned into by vision.

Ow.

I growled, and stood up right, having kneeled down onto one knee, facing the direction that the grenade had been thrown from. The afterimage made it difficult to see properly, as if a lightstone was constantly being shined into my eyes. Hearing-wise, I was worse off.

Not that I cared all that much.

I grinned, before igniting my clenched fists.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Stralix)

Through his blocked-ears, Stralix heard the flashbang detonate, and in a moment he was back up and facing the blue Skakdi. He pulled his round goggles down over his eyes with finger and thumb, orange behind orange.

As the other Skakdi's fists began to flicker with fire, Stralix levelled his flamethrower at him, finger already pressing the trigger halfway. A couple of millimetres more and the transgressor would be in for a taste of his own incendiary medicine.

Say hello to my little friend.

In the short pause before either of them attacked, he gave his opponent a brief scan with his Diagnostics Vision on the off-chance that it might pick up whatever was allowing him to use so many powers at once; the result was a negative. It was therefore most probably an innate power of some kind - very interesting.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Turo

Somebody-Turo didn't know who, but somebody-detonated what seemed like a flashbang in the vicinity of the area. "This day just keeps on getting worse..."

"Loren, I'm gonna go check that out. Maybe our blue friend got into another fight." With that, Turo ran off towards the source of the noise, readying more throwing stars. Reaching the spot, he climbed up on top of a building and looked. The blue skakdi was standing in the middle of the street, fists flaming, with another skakdi nearby with a flamethrower. Turo mentally facepalmed before taking cover. "This could get bad," the Le-Matoran thought.

IC:

Iiasmir had finally decided on a place to hide in until his equipment was repaired and he slipped off the guard's radar. He could chill in an underground headquarters, arranging for illegal objects or substances. This was all quite lucrative; by the end of the week, he'd be rolling in the-

BLAM

A flashbang lit up the area a block down, near the Skakdi Iiasmir recognized from earlier. He scanned the area until locating a Skakdi with goggles on- this was the ###### who had warned Loren of him earlier. Hmmmm, the Skakdi thought, a chance to make a powerful ally (again) and take out an enemy. Perfect.

He picked up as much speed as someone of his size could, tossing his broken weapon aside, rushing toward Vezok. He swung his working chainblade, prepared to combat the other Skakdi while avoiding the flames.

"C'mon, this guy can't catch a break today," he shouted at Stralix, Skakdi grin glowing in the flames of Ta-Koro.

Edited by Douglas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "The forerunner"

I had seen fireballs. Big ones to. Some big enough to take out a village. But not like this.

It was big, and molten, and obviously one of the fans I had jammed. Did I mention it was also coming at me at a velocity greater of my speed?

I had one thing on my side. A shield. It wasn't much, but it would have to do. I backed off at a speed that was quite fast, even for the fastest of people. But backing up had it's downside. Especially in Ta-koro. I tripped on a rock. Even so, I got lucky, for I was able to block some of the shrapnel with my shield.

That was one off engineer.

IC:

A-ha. There we go; he was on the ground, plain in sight, only clumps of sand and rock and metal hiding him. Nothing a Seismic Pickaxe couldn't handle right quick if--

FLUTE NOISES HERE

What. Is That.

I hate music. I hate, hate, hate, hate music. Why would you take a flute, or a violin, or a guitar into your hands when you could wield a wrench or a laser sight for a new turret? Why would you sacrifice all the tinkering bliss of designing a new robot or a drink dispenser just to blow into a long hunk of wood and listen to a whistle come out? Was there any prolonged purpose that came out of it? Any sense of accomplishment? Any joy? I wouldn't know. Chances are, nobody knew; maybe they just searched for that sense and never found it, and so they played on, harder and harder, until one day their breath grew short and stopped, and the whistle rattled and died away. Technology, on the other hand, would live forever. As long as things stayed static, as long as nothing wore down or ground together in ways it shouldn't or was tampered with, technology would stay static too. Music wouldn't put this siege to a stop. Technology would. If only I'd had the foresight to put a turret on the roof...1

Well, what was done was certainly done, and that Ga-Matoran would wait a few more seconds. For now, my Pickaxe was still firmly levelled on the fallen Toa, and with a wink and a low "pa-choo!" firing sound I let loose a massive burst of energy from the end of the weapon, moving to obliterate all his cover - and his body - in seconds.

-Tyler

_______

1 Actually, let's hope there isn't a next time.2

2 Let's do it anyway.

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "The Forerunner"

I was going to have to thank Kaunis later. She just saved my life.

In the moments that the po-skakdi's attention wandered from me to the flute, I had rolled around away from the blast. I flipped up in an acrobatic style, and watched as the charge hit my...

...Shield.

He just hit my shield. The last living piece of my past. The final living relic of a dead civilization. I watched my shield break in to pieces.

Now I was mad. Until two seconds ago, I only had trouble with two of these skakdi. Now I had a big problem with one.

I sucked all of the smoke that I had created in the surrounding area in to my body. I activated my mask, just in case they had the elemental skill to counter what I was just about to do.

I activated my elemental abilities, and the thickest smoke possible, and forced the tendril down his throat.

I made a smile that could unsettle even the meanest of skakdi. A son of a was going to die today.

IC:

As a veritably artistic virtuoso of murder, killing, and violence, I must admit it is physically painful to watch amateurs pitifully attempt to bring suffering to their enemies. Perhaps partially liquifying several pieces of ventilation equipment will bring you victory, but it will most certainly not bring you sorely needed style. Focused energy blasts are acceptable as muscle-tenderizers, but as an executioner's tool, they noticeably lack the distinguished calibre I, the greatest among unequals, must maintain.

And, so, the momentous task is once again left to me, (yes, humble, unappreciated Hakann) to bestow unto this group some semblance of elegance, as we attack our opponents with ungilded projectiles and choke on bitter smog (and I haven't even gotten to the unseen flute-player above our heads, who thinks it wise to construct a song entirely of notes in what I expect to be the fourth octave). As Avak weeps for his machinery and Reidak roars like a perturbed Ash Bear, I must give our intruders something to fear, an image they will not forget for the remainder of their extremely short lives.

When the smokebomb made contact with Reidak's person, and Avak thought it wise to have his fun at trying to play leader, I can not help but admit I chuckled (no, perhaps chuckle is not the right term; I most certainly did cachinnate). It was then, at that moment of stupidity and inane commands, that I decided it would be best for me to exit by a secondary exit, namely in the opposite direction from Avak was headed.

As any sane being would, I waited for Avak and Reidak to serve their purposes as distractions (a role I am quite happy to say they played with the utmost skill) before entering the fray, keeping my favorite incendiary weaponry charged. Each auditory-guided step through the smog brought me closer to the defensively-uninclined attacker, who luckily happened to be fleeing, making enough noise for approximates to his position. I slinked through the slowly dispersing vapour, hidden beneath the lazy, slothful movements of the once-fan-propelled smoke, unseen from anywhere but within the haze. As the reverberations from his contact with the shrapnel died down, I discovered him, reasonably unbalanced by contact with a partially melted fan.

As I viewed him, he rolled to his feet, only to pause in concentration (a considerable feat, considering the flute soloist above had reached what I can only assume was the tone-deaf's equivalent of an elegant crescendo), I could not help but feel some measure of amusement at his incredible thickness. Smarter, more tactical men would have fled the moment molten fragments of metal rained from the sky, but this little Toa decided fighting was a most sound and intelligent option.

As I strode from the smoke, wisps of the vapor clinging to my crimson armour before falling aside like a discarded robe, Zamor Launcher pointed at the fool, and Lava Launcher prepared to deal with the flutist, I couldn't help but smile my ever-so-charming grin, to match his attempt at an intimidating glare.

Deciding on a whim it would probably be better to not engage in pleasant conversation, I fired the emerald Jitter Sphere from a range of no more than a few meters, and upped the charge level of my Launcher from “Charred Flesh” to “ Burnt Crimson Liquids”.

OOC: In case you're wondering, as I would, how in the world Hakann managed to go unseen by Forerunner himself; he timed his advance to match the rapid attacks launched by Avak and Reidak, so that his target was distracted. Hopefully this is an adequate explanation, but I'd understand if revisions were necessary.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

"Oh!" the Captain realized, with enough tact for once to not say You were serious about that!

"Uhhhh...sure. What do you wanna do."

OOC: I hate to be that guy, Aurora, but that was a pretty massive autohit, what with actually having to force his mouth open with a smoke tendril and shove it down his throat, so this reply takes place about five seconds before the end of the post and the autohit in question.

IC:

Jeez, buddy, don't take it personal. I blew up three of my fans because your schmuckoid ###### thought it'd be a good idea to try and jam them up with smoke; you attacked my bungalow; you tore me away what may have been a new, startling breakthrough on artificial intelligence on Mata Nui long enough for someone to have probably gone into my workshop and totalled it by now. And you're standing HERE, grinning at ME like you're trying to scare me? I've slept in the same bungalow as Zaktan before.

You don't frighten me, man-child.

I took my Pickaxe and spun it around by the handle in my palm, creating my own impromptu fan that cut the tendril into slices as it neared my throat. When it had been all but maimed, the brunt of his elemental energy floated free in the breeze, most of it outside the bungalow, and so I activated my vision power again and scanned through the dissipating, thick cloud of smoke for the would-be assailant...and Hakann had already gotten to him with a Jitter Sphere, with a Lava Launcher blast at the girl on the bird. Just like Hakann. Always biting off more than he can chew, leaving nothing for the rest of us...someday I'll invent a way for him to choke on it.

For now, though, he'd given me an ample little distraction; the flutist swooped over the bungalow again, with Hakann's blast hot on her...wings. To escape it, she'd have to go into a dive; I fired off an energy blast from my Pickaxe right into her path. She could dive, and see how total concussive obliteration of herself and her bird fancied her, or they could keep flying the way they were and burn alive for a certainty. Poison is so much sweeter when you have to pick it yourself.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

As he watched from his vantage point, the Toa of Magnetism realized he needed to act now. The Toa of Smoke was struck down with a glowing sphere from the red-armored Skakdi and crumpled, twitching like a man possessed. He leapt off of his rocky outcropping and plummeted down towards the dusty below. He activated his Huna, but it was useless, as he completed his leap on top of Hakann just before the latter could execute the fallen "Forerunner". They now knew that another foe had entered the arena. Moving quickly, he raised a hand that was enveloped with the invisible power of magnetism, and hurled the weakened Toa down the dark grey coarse sand-gravel Ta-Koro beach, away from the advancing Piraka. He saw Kaunis was about to choose between a fiery or an explosive death, with a lava blast on her tail and a seismic shockwave in front of her. However, the Piraka had not expected one of the other directions. Sideways. He reached out with Magnetism and just nudged her and the bird out of the way. He hoped that she would go and recover the fallen Toa, but there was no time to communicate that. He simply hoped to the Great Spirit that she would know what to do. However, on his front, things had gotten a lot worse. Hakann had gotten up, recovering swiftly from the blow, while ... he didn't know where the Piraka were. It'd probably be too late when he figured it out. He had to buy Kaunis some time.

He planted his feet, ignoring the bits of his cloak that smoldered as they came into contact with bits of burning fan-machinery. Then, "The Wanderer" raised his right hand, fingers together and palm facing his foes in the universal symbol for "STOP".

OOC: While this might seem like I'm illegitimately somewhat Deus Ex Machina-ing these two characters, I have been observing the fight from above and my actions are well within the magnitude of normal Toa power. Finally, I'm putting myself at great risk to do so, so I think this is balanced.

Edit: I removed the Piraka advancing in a semi-circle. I thew one person to safety, safety being just out of immediate harm's way. And I nudged the other. Nudged. Also, I knocked Hakann down for a split second. I did not leap into the cloud of smoke (Aurora said he sucked it all in), nor did I start choking anyone with said smoke.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

OOC: Isn't the clubhouse on the beach?

IC Kaunis

(Ta-Wahi, Piraka Clubhouse):

So much happened at once Kaunis found it hard to comprehend. Just as she witnessed Forerunner being struck down, two attacks were made at her direction. Before either could demolish her, a strong pulling force yanked her away from harm. The shadowy Toa of Magnetism was facing the Piraka all by himself and would no doubt pay for it with his life... unless the Toa of Smoke could be revived.

Already startled by the battle, Kaunis' Kewa flew off in panic, leaving Kaunis on the ground neat the Forerunner. There really was no other choice other than to try and tend to the fallen Toa.

Mata Nui, why did I get myself involved in this mess? Kaunis thought with a sigh as she ran over to Forerunner and kneeled.

"Wake up", she said harshly. "The lives of yourself, me and that mangetism Toa depend on it."

OOC:

OOC: While this might seem like I'm illegitimately somewhat Deus Ex Machina-ing these two characters

You are.

I have been observing the fight from above and my actions are well within the magnitude of normal Toa power.

They still defy the game mechanics and a couple of the autohitting/bunnying rules.

Finally, I'm putting myself at great risk to do so

Every attacker was at great risk to begin with. This is nothing new.

So I think this is balanced.

It's not.

Okay. This is a Rahkshi style fight - those involved knew the risks going in, and it says in the opening post that if you ignore all the warning signs and attack anyway you deserve to die. However, "just using the limits of normal Toa power" and fighting for your character's survival by forcing giant smoke tendrils down someone's throat into the lungs before the other person can respond, leaping into an impenetrable cloud of smoke, magically landing on someone's head and throwing them off their game, throwing them all to a safe distance away and then bunnying all the Piraka - chaotic fighters by anyone's standards - into one semi-circle, against one guy? No. And seeing as this has been happening all fight, it's getting rather irksome trying to let it all slide and make it work within the game rules when it was pretty clear what would happen if you tried this.

IC:

Kaunis frantically tried to revive The Forerunner, with marginal success; with no escape route, no backup, and a knocked out Toa, there wasn't a lot she had going for her other than hoping that the Piraka were all kept distracted by one Toa and magically forgot that the rest of her little squad of Expendables could just sit tight and wait.

What kind of stooges did she think we was?

"Sweeee-swewwwww," I wolf-whistled from behind Kaunis, and she turned around frantically to see me drop the charred corpse of one of the mechanical cars I'd let Thok slip on, along with the shell of the Forerunner's explosives. "Just so you know, I could squat down in the sand right now and you a better landmine. Nice try, though. Smile."

I drew the Seismic Pickaxe on the two, charged it, and fired.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: A rumbling stomach and a few widgets later, Jol was in the possession of some fast food. All that running around burns off quite a few calories, as it happens.

Sitting himself down on a park bench, he treated himself to lunch. He'd earned it, dispensing a little justice like that, hadn't he?

Chewing contentedly, he waited for whatever weirdness that would show up to do so.

Highwinds apparently had a tendency to attract that sort of stuff, if Perkhan was to be believed.

helo frens

IC Kaunis

"Uh oh."

Kaunis screamed in really high pitch as she tried to get away from Avak's pickaxe. The tool fired, creating a huge explosion, effectively throwing Kaunis the length of the beach, away from the Forerunner. Kaunis landed with a hard thud on the beach, right next to the shoreline. Red droplets of blood began to dot the sands, a sign of her end.

Feeling attracted by the sea, Kaunis almost instinctively used her last strength to move into the water. She collapsed and was taken by the waves, almost symbolically away from this world.

OOC: *sigh* R.I.P, Kaunis.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC:

you deserve to die

Ok, maybe I do. That how I roll.

leaping into an impenetrable cloud of smoke

You mean non-existent cloud of smoke. Forerunner removed it all.

giant smoke tendrils

That would have never worked in my favor, and you know it.

magically landing on someone's head and throwing them off their game, throwing them all to a safe distance away and then bunnying all the Piraka - chaotic fighters by anyone's standards - into one semi-circle, against one guy?

I do agree with that.

it's getting rather irksome trying to let it all slide and make it work within the game rules when it was pretty clear what would happen if you tried this.

If you are referring to the big fireball, he barely missed the last one. He is going to take some damage from this one. To paraphrase, Crit happens; so do dodges.

Also, don't the weapons channel EE?

I may have just gotten hit in the face, by a Zamor sphere, that hurt like ######.

I may have taken some shrapnel damage.

But, I wasn't dead.

Or knocked out.

Or suffering *major* injuries.

Did I mention the second fireball? Man, this guy must really like fireballs. Though, a big convenient ball of molten metal would be nice about now...

I rolled as fast as I could, taking some bigger shrapnel damage with me.

Oh, we wanted to make a few snarky-###### comments to? I was good at those.

"You, don't have to take a ###### to make a landmine, just lay in the ground. You and your ###### are about the same, so it isn't like it would make a difference."

This guy was an ######, but he was a ###### good fighter, I will give him that.

Oh, so Kaunis is going to jump in the ocean. I think I might do that to.

OOC: I sort of wrote this in a hurry, so if you see a mistake, tell me.

E: Re-wrote Kaunis's part

Edited by Aurora the cat

IC Kaunis

"Uh oh."

Kaunis screamed in really high pitch as she tried to get away from Avak's pickaxe. The tool fired, creating a huge explosion, effectively throwing Kaunis the length of the beach, away from the Forerunner. Kaunis landed with a hard thud on the beach, right next to the shoreline. An explosion of such magnitude naturally caused great injury. The result could be seen on the sand of the beach - red droplets of blood coming from Kaunis' fragile body.

Forerunner... Kaunis managed to think despite her head ringing. Under all the pain and disorientation, she knew she could not save Forerunner.

There was only so much an injured Ga-Matoran could do in the face of such overwhelming danger. Feeling attracted by the sea, Kaunis forced herself to move into the water. She made it a few steps before collapsing and appearing to be consumed by the waves into the unforgiving sea.

OOC: Sorry, but this is where I'm going to draw a line on plausible survivability. It was pretty clearly stated last time that Surina was supposed to be written out, and I know I stated that for all intents and purposes she was dead at least once. When she returned, I figured I might as well see where you went with it, and it became interesting enough that I decided not to enforce her death sentence - at least not until she tries something again. This is a different case - a point blank concussive blast against a Ga-Matoran's body, being thrown along the beach, and then landing in the waves and, in all likelihood, being sucked out into the water?

Nope. I'm sorry, but the buck has to stop here. Kaunis is dead; I'd consider Forerunner hovering somewhere tenuously in between since he was merely hit with a Jitter Sphere and actually managed to high tail it away from the brunt of the blast, if I'm reading this post correctly. If not, I'll edit this accordingly.

IC:

I watched as the Ga-Matoran crawled feebly into the waves, like the water would afford her some final healing salve, or burst of adrenaline to carry her and her friend away. In reality, all they did was dash her onto the shore, bleeding and battered. She died quickly - the Toa didn't go so easily, crawling along the shore as the tide lapped against his back and pressed into his wounds. It was an easy enough thing to catch up to him; with his speed of movement he made it maybe a dozen steps, and I aimed my Launcher square at his spine and launched another Jitter Sphere at him.

In front of him, a large wave smashed into the Matoran's body; her wide, dead eyes stared at the doomed Toa reproachfully as her pretty little head rolled around on a limp neck.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Though death had greeted her, it did not greet me, a zamor sphere did. One of those dratted make-you-convulse-wildly one's. I easily jumped out of its way. It missed and hit Kaunis, well what was left of her.

My orders said to take two of them alive. I was going to take one, dead.

With surprising strength I got up from the beach. I unsheathed my scythe.

I might have been hurt, but I was not weak. My energy reserves were not full, but I was not going to empty them any time soon.

In a matter of seconds, thick black smoke covered the beach in a shock-wave like manner. Even I had some trouble seeing through this stuff.

Ignoring the massive pain from the burn on my back, I advanced upon the po-skadi with amazing speed.

He would know fear.

:a: :n::m_d: :m_p: :a: :i: :n:

Edited by Aurora the cat

He cursed. Or would have, if he had a tongue to do so with. He had heard the shot from the brown Skakdi's seismic pickaxe, followed by a female scream. Kaunis. He also became acutely aware that he was very, very near his death. He had not saved the Matoran, and probably not the very Toa who he now laid his life on the line for. He had failed.

IC:

I blinked once, and then turned back towards the fight itself and shrugged. Smoke crept up the beach towards me; the Toa was stalking forward, tool in hand, with a powerful gait that--

--stopped at once as he slammed, head first, into an odd, transparent energy prison. He took a step back and bumped at it with a scythe. Then tapped it with a fist. Then gritted his teeth in frustration.

I grinned and waved.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Tivanu tapped his foot anxiously as he waited for Viima and Orderin to meet him. However he idly looked in the direction of the shoreline and managed to catch sight of what appeared like a small bit of smoke though he could not be for sure since everything was kind of fuzzy since he had long suffered eyesight problems.

Not my problem.

And with that he turned back to Orderin and Viima and yelled out

"Are you two coming or what?"

OOC: Ok so i would assume that judging by the size of the fight and such that there may be some form of a sign down by the beach.. i mean fireballs are being hurled and smoke created.. so yeah hope no one is upset that i made some mention..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Tivanu, Viima and Orderin Back again from Le-wahi

Tivanu and his group followed Kive-phu as she flapped her little metallic wings till they wound up at a tunnel leading to Onu-koro and then she stopped and landed on Tivanu's shoulder obviously tired. Tivanu reached into his pack and gave her a piece of preserved meat before petting her along the back

"Well she certainly is tired but i think we are at the last possible place she was at."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Tivanu seemed to consider this and nods

"Well i am glad you trust her but i am ready/."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: I'd like to quickly enunciate the effect of Jitter Spheres, seeing how they've been treated as little more than mild inconveniences. They contain powerful, hallucinogenic “fear gases”, capable of create great mental distress (similar to the gas used by the villain Scarecrow from the Batman series, published by DC Comics, a series I'm sure we're all familiar with). Sorry if I sound agitated; I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the exact effects, so that we can all sustain an appropriate level of awareness in our writing.

IC:

A word of admonition from a professional assassin, to any aspirant killers willing to listen and heed; If you have the opportunity to plunge a blade into the small of your opponent's back via a carefully timed drop, do not, under any circumstances, squander it by breaking your fall on your target. It is the inverse form of an efficient and graceful attack, and the possibility of you breaking your talocrural joint is as likely as you shattering your opponent's rachis.

But I digress from the current situation; there are an assortment of endoskeletons before me, to be violently and excessively shattered shortly, and I do indeed believe it is time to take advantage of such an unfortunate gathering.

As I fully regain my footing, weapons humming as they reach full charge, the second Toa, his cloak smoldering from contact with Avak's melted fans, raises his hands in what I presume is a diplomatic remonstrance.

Truly, I have overestimated the combat expertise and abilities of these beings. You can only realistically request peace when you have your opponent by his collar, your spittle flying into his broken and bloodied face. You do not wave a white flag in war, except when you are feinting. You fight when you can, and you surrender when your opponent allows it, not when you feel it to be a wise course of action.

A Mahi does not engage a Muaka in diplomatic relations, and I, Hakann the Crimson, shall exact prisoners only when they lack the physical functions required for resistence.

I traverse the distance between us with a single stride, my Lava Launcher whirring softly as it charges a blast of lava, and my Zamor Launcher, currently devoid of ammo, whistling through the air as I use it to strike directly at the Toa's facial region. I'd follow up with a kick, but I dare presume it wise to wait to see if I fracture his zygomantic and maxilia bones before I further his pain.

Edited by Lady Firebaugh

pNNgXax.jpg