Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:

Klavier smiled. It was not a smile of insanity. It was genuine amusement for Zharuk's...hasty departure. A lack of control marked his every motion, plasma hitting and sizzling on the wooden floor at his passing. That man...what a breath of hot, harmless air. So easy for him to speak of the law, of not interfering...does he even understand his own hypocricy? The tension in the room decreased notably, as the crowd began to disperse and chatter began to break out.

Klavier did not reach for his blade but assumed a more casual stance. Kyron prepared a set of irons even as Klavier shook his head at Tuara's offer. "Seems like I'm in for a while regardless of the thievery charge. If you still wish to pay for me, I suppose you could talk to the owner...it's sad, really. Your answer to my philosophical quandary was quite interesting...if you ever feel the need to continue our conversation, perhaps you could come visit me-"

For the moment, it seemed, the monster had vanished and the benevolent and slightly befuddled wiseman had returned. There was a brief moment of tension when Kyron clapped the irons but it was nothing in comparison to what had come before. No stench of death. No bloodied bodies. And most importantly, Klavier's eyes remained exactly where they should be; nowhere. Nonexistent. Kaputt.

"Now that your drinks are payed for," Kyron nodded to Tuara, "you'll be facing two accounts of assault on a lawman, and one account of property damage. In other words, the poor blind man is sent off to prison for attacking the keepers of the peace. The law wins again."

Whatever Klavier had been about to say was cut off by the field of silence that covered his mouth. Klavier made a shrugging motion as Kyron led him out the door.

Now we roll the dice again, lawman. Let the war of ideals commence.

Edited by Vismund Seraphim

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: RyzenThey finally left. That had took way too long. Ryzen prepared to leave, then meet up with Syvra later. He waited for most of the others to leave, then slip out by himself. I hate waiting. It is a total waste of time. They say "patience is a virtue", but I only know three. And I don't know if the three hava anything to do with this world anymore.

IC: Syvra

Syvra simply laughed a bit while he watched the cuffs go on the blind toa's wrists. He then saw Ryzen walk off.

The fool needs to get some patience

He decided to stay around hoping to maybe learn something as he moved from the back of the crowd to the front

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: RyzenHe'd gotten used to he heat now. Ta-Koro was an interesting place, but quite a large one. Ryzen had gotten a lot of glances from the locals. Why are they all staring at me? Oh yes, because I'm a Ko-Toa in his least suitable place. He smiled bitterly to himself. Hopefully, he'll know how to get back to the bar once he's out of this place.

OOC: I never thought I would ever do this, no one is posting and it's been over 12 hours.IC: RyzenRyzen walked down a street looking around for anything that catches his eye. This part wasn't very crowded, but he had not the faintest idea of where he is. No sign, huh? I guess the only way to get back to the bar is... Ryzen activated his Kualsi. He hadn't used it in a while, so it felt weird to him when he used it. Ryzen appeared a few feet around the front of the bar. Bu he did not go in yet. He had other plans.

Syvra seemed tense for he was not sure what to expect right now. The whole tavern was one of suspense

OOC: Syvra is open for interaction

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: Loren sheathed his swords and sighed, half sitting, half collapsing into a nearby chair. It had not ended a way he would have preferred, paying for the guy's drink and then arresting him sent mixed signals to well ... everybody.

At least it ended without more damage done. Well, other then that new hole in the floorboards. He thought before ordering a drink from the bar. Around him the patrons went back to eating, drinking and whatever else they had been doing before the disturbance. Things the sort happened often enough that the citizens were more or less accustomed to it, or at least enough to know how to get on with their lives once it was over.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Syvra walked into the tavern and proceeded to take a seat next to Loren and offered a bit of a nod to him

"Well that was quite the spectacle."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Kyron walked his prisoner out of the door. He could smell the heat of the Koro. He could feel the collective stares of the people as he paraded the Le-Toa down to the jail. As soon as they got there, he explained the situation and explained that he needed an interrogation room. They were assigned one, and Kyron walked Klavier down to it, sitting him down. There were guards outside, but Kyron didn't need them- he'd been handed a brand new compact crossbow. He let down the field of silence only now.

"So tell me, prophet. Of who do you preach?"

Klavier 'looked' down at his knees. Calling it 'looking' is course fallacious because Klavier was in fact blind, but he placed his head in the general directions of his knees. A smile was never far from his lips as he began to speak, the silence whisked away. "Tell me, lawman: what does my role as prophet have to do with the charges against me? Unless your guard is a theocratic enforcement institution as well…that might account for the rather zealous nature of your pursuit of the law."

Kyron adjusted his chair. "It might explain why you attacked an officer for seemingly no reason. Either it has to do with that...or you're just plain stupid. And I don't believe that."

Klavier shook his head. "No, no. 'Attack' is not the correct term. My use of force against the bouncer was unfortunate. Sometimes, I forget my own strength. I merely meant to place him out of the way...and, as a blind man, I am rather lacking in...depth perception." He chuckled. "But my use of force against you was for one simple reason: you pointed a weapon at me. My fear of the weapon outweighed my fear of the consequences and I acted accordingly. Once again, actions that have little to do with my role as Prophet."

"Okay. You've got me. I'm curious about your ideals- the ones you kept talking about. Prove me and the law wrong. Show me why I'm wrong."

Klavier almost laughed, biting his lip. "Lawman, my 'beliefs' have nothing to do with prophecy or my role as Prophet. I am merely stating the obvious as I see it."

For the first time, Klavier faced his head towards his interrogator. "For as much as we talk about things like morality and decency and the law...what are they really? They are abstractions. Things that do not exist. You cannot capture a law. You cannot eat a law. You cannot see a law. But still, people ascribe to these not-things, almost like a religion unto itself. These not-things must have a substance, though, in order to interact with you or me. They must have some power beyond their abstraction."

"And that power is you, lawman. And if I or anyone else can snuff that power out...poof." He moved his head from side to side. "The law is nowhere to be found. It goes back to being an abstraction. I have forced my will onto you and killed the law. Bang bang."

Kyron frowned. "Wrong. Because there will always be a man with honor and the will to keep the law. You kill me, and the fact is doubly true. You saw how many people rose against you at the bar. And besides," he sighed, "who says you can kill me?"

Klavier smiled. Oh lawman, but when will you understand?

"Yet, there were also men who stood against you. Do you know why that man stepped in and stopped our fighting? Was it because they were evil? Were my actions dictated by evil? Why did I do what I did? Let me tell you the answer, dearest lawman..." He leaned in even closer. "What is honor? What is will? What is law? Everyone's law is different. I thought that using a bit of force to extricate from a life-or-death situation was just. Lawful. The difference between your law and my law is the number of people who are willing to die for it. Nothing to do with honor, of course. Morality is not universal. All is relative. That is the nature of all things." He chuckled again. "I suppose that is a bit of my Prophecy. How silly of me. Also..."

He leaned back. "I never said I was going to kill you. You don't get to add "threatening a lawman" or whatever to the list of crimes against me. Killing you would be rather silly of me at this point...and how impossible, given these chains around my wrists!"

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Ta-Koro.

A land of fire, a land of lava. The mighty Guard fortress, towering above the walled city, a symbol of the Matoran's unrelenting dedication to justice, of their determination, of their will. This was a village that had not broken, no matter how many threats were thrown against it. And there was no shortage of them.

Only a short time ago Turaga Vakama was slain in his own home, just after his return. Many people had been killed, simply for use as a distraction. An explosive in a crowded street, the perfect way to get the guard's attention. But nevertheless, the one responsible was in jail, and was set to stand trial in a week or so. The village's troubles did not end there, however. Mere weeks before a Toa of Shadow had taken the Turaga from that very hut, and escaped without a trace. The same Toa that now stood trial had aided the Ko-Toa Hiemalis' escape from prison, after the destruction of the Ta-Koro Hospital at his hands.

But the village's conflicts went even further back. Months ago, two Toa appeared in the village with bizarre tattoos. One was named Utu, the other called himself Tank. Both men would gain notoriety across the island, as the name "Mark Bearer" spread, and the terror that it brought with it began to filter into the hearts of criminal and hero alike. They were cruel beings, beings that grew stronger with every emotion that they inflicted upon their prey.

Dorian, Bearer of Rage. Utu, Bearer of Fear. Tank, Bearer of Pain. In some circles, in the places that the greatest three never reached, another being invoked similar fear in the villagers. His name was unknown, all those that had ever heard it silenced. Thunder and lightning had followed in his wake, the Mark poison green on his shoulder. He had arrived in Ga-Koro and killed and killed, causing destruction wherever he went until the Arete, heroes that they were, finally stopped he and his compatriots.

But in Ta-Koro, only one person was truly known for their actions against the Bearers. Former Guard Deputy Tuara, once the villages most beloved member of the guard, and even now highly respected amongst the people. She fought against the Mark Bearers valiantly, before she vanished for a span of weeks, eventually returning with her ally Angelus in tow. No one knew exactly what had happened in that time, and if the Guard knew, they weren't telling. Her return was short lived, however, as she once more embarked on a journey.

After a short time, she came back. But the cheer her reappearance had brought with it was quickly quelled by the news that she had resigned from her position, leaving Ta-Koro without a deputy, and no clear successor. Rumors had begun to circulate, rumors of her appearance in the village's bars, rumors of behavior most unlike her. But no one dared substantiate them, and few truly believed them, unwilling to believe that she had fallen so far. That she would visit establishments like the one in which she now stood.

The commotion had ceased, and the former deputy had turned to leave, after handing the bartender a few widgets to pay for the arrested Toa's drinks, when the door opened. In and of itself, this was not an unusual occurrence. Even at this time of day, the bar had plenty of business. No one payed it a second thought, even as a tall, cloaked figure entered.

He moved to the side, loitering near the door for a brief moment, unseen eyes sweeping the room. His dark brown cloak, a similar color to the stained wood that made up the ground, covered every identifiable feature, casting his face into shadow. It was unbearably hot, but it was best that he did not show his face. He was not well loved in any village, even if Ta-Koro was ambivalent towards him. But he had a feeling that the one he had come to see would not be.

The most noticeable feature of the arrival, however, was the odd set of equipment he carried on his back. Slung diagonally over one shoulder was a large sword, one that most would find too heavy to swing. Crossing it in the other direction was a black guitar, carefully maintained, at odds with the cloaked man's rather battered appearance.

After a moment, unseen eyes landed on Tuara, as she prepared to leave, and guilt welled forth once more. The Vo-Toa, for what litte visible armor there was marked him as such, had been in Ta-Koro for two days now, catching up on what had transpired in his absence. He learned of Dorian Shaddix's impending trial, he learned of Joske's transformation into a Toa, but most importantly, he heard of Tuara's resignation. And in a way, the blame for that fell upon him. For the Vo-Toa could fill in most of the blanks, the mysteries that the common villager knew not. He knew why she had disappeared, and why she refused to speak of it.

He should know. He was the one responsible.

The Vo-Toa had been present when her mind was usurped, replaced by a madman. He knew how she had been forced to act as nothing more than a filing system, locating and supplying memories of Arekule's work. He knew the memories that she had been forced to endure over and over, until she finally lost the will to resist any longer. He had seen them.

It had taken weeks in Ga-Koro, weeks of thought and contemplation, for him to come here. Even after Iris' departure, the crimes his body had committed weighed heavily upon him. The memories of the villagers slain haunted him, dogging every step, and at time he felt that his soul was drenched in so much blood that he was drowning in it. There was nothing he could do to make those crimes right, nothing he could do to heal the scars he had left behind. His friends, the few he had gained over the past few months, didn't understand. Couldn't understand. They could see the difference. They had known what was Iris, and what was him. They saw every shift, every change. To them, he and Iris were two separate entities, neither guilty of the crimes the other had committed.

But they hadn't seen it like he had. Even when buried, even when Iris pushed him aside, he was aware of everything. He still felt every movement, every swing, every wound. He was aware of everything Iris did, and he had felt every movement Iris made. At times, the line had blurred so badly he didn't know if he was the one in control, or Iris was.

He knew the crimes. And there was nothing he could do to fix them.

Except this one.

"Ms. Drigton?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro BarTuara stopped to turn around, the large figure that she had side-stepped to leave being the one who spoke. She looked up, "Can I help you?"She froze, her eyes finally meeting that of the large Toa. For a moment the Toa waited to see if she remembered him. After a moment of silence Tuara finally ventured a guess, "Jikal?"

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Syvra had turned around in his seat at the bar when he heard the voices from the doorway. He simple remained silent as he watched the two toa.

Wonder what this will bring

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

"Guilty as charged." The Vo-Toa replied, the bit of gallows humor slipping out in an attempt to cover up his unease. He hadn't seen Tuara since shortly after Juturna's wedding, just before Tank hauled her away for the next few weeks of her life. She was doing better than when he last saw her, that was for sure.

But it wasn't hard to do, when the last conscious words he had heard her say were a plea for her life to be ended. "Though I suppose all things considered, those are an unfortunate choice of words."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro BarTuara managed a chuckle, "I was worried something might've happened to you. Not everybody's been heard from since being pulled into the temple."The ex-Guardswomen crossed her arms, shifting her center of gravity from foot to foot, making her bob slightly as she stood, "How're you doing these days?"

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

There was a brief pause, confusion flitting unbidden across Jikal's face. Of all the reactions Tuara could possibly given, this one had never entered into his mind. He had been prepared for rage, he had been prepared for an arrest, he had been prepared for a lot of things.

Being treated normally, even civilly, had caught him completely off guard. "I've been doing well, all things considered. One incident aside, no one has tried to kill me lately, and I haven't been arrested, so I'm doing better than I ever anticipated."

His speech slowed for an instant, debating how best to phrase his question. "And you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Syvra smiled a bit as he watched the two toa chat. He idly summoned a vine around his hand and idly toyed with it.

The vine slowly transformed into a vibrant black and purple flower.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Jotham glanced around. The guardsman with the crossbow had vanished, taking with him the Le-Toa who called himself a prophet. The other had lost interest in him; he seemed more concerned with keeping the peace among the patrons of the now rapidly re-filling bar. Jotham tossed a few widgets on the counter of the bar and was about to head for the door when he caught a glimpse of a flash of color at the edge of his vision. He glanced over to see a Toa seated a few bio away, a vine wrapping around his wrist and blooming into a bright purple flower.Well, that looks familiar, Jotham thought wryly. The Toa seemed intent on a pair of beings conversing quietly near the doorway. Why, Jotham had no idea. Under ordinary circumstances, he might have stuck around for a bit to find out, but he had no wish to get involved in more drama tonight. It was late enough as it is. He turned for the door."Tying people up is rather rude, you know," he said softly as he passed the seated Bo-Toa. "Not as rude as eavesdropping, though."And then he was gone.

Q2TtLEz.png

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: He had been about to reply to the other Toa when Jikal walked into the bar and spoke to Tuara. Turning in his seat, Loren watched out of the corner of his eye. The newcomer fitted the basic description from the reports of one of the people involved in the mark bearer incident. Tuara's reaction confirmed his suspicion, although the lack of either panic or anger in her voice said that there was probably no danger. Turning back to his drink he carried the sound of the conversation over to the area around him.

"Don't stare." he said to the Toa next to him. "It's rude." He took a sip of his drink and continued, "I suppose you are the person who created all the vines on the floor. I guess I should thank you, for keeping the other bystander busy and all. Officially we are not supposed to get bystanders involved, but regulations say nothing about people jumping in of their own free will and extra help is always appreciated."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Syvra smiles a bit as he deactivated his kanohi mahiki and returned to his regular color scheme. He turned around in his chair and looked at the Vo-Toa

"Well i saw a chance to be of some use. That is all. Figure it was better annoying him than him getting hurt."

Syvra extended his hand to the Vo-Toa and smiles a bit

"The name is Syvra."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: RyzenRyzen had not walked too far, when he turned another corner. The bar was right in front of him. I'm going in circles. How big and confusing is Ta-Koro? He was about to go another way until he heard voices at the front of it. He dismissed it as unimportant and kept walking, shaking his head at all the things that had happened today.OOC: Still open for interaction.

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro BarTuara scraped an invisible spot on the ground with her foot, "I could be better."Let's not mention the fact that you and only you saw people that weren't there this morning.Let's.Tuara stopped looking down, and turning back up to Jikal."Not as busy as I'd like to be, but you take what you can get."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ic: Tuara had left the courthouse just after Dorian's rant had been finished; Huron caught sight of her strong presence as it drifted across the Ta-Koro streets. Curious, Huron followed her amble. She had been on leave from the koro for a long time and then returned, or so he had heard. After quitting her job as a guard she became just another citizen, though respected, which meant she would have some new insights that Huron could even pick apart, if given a chance.

He stayed at a distance from her even as she was diverted from her track into a bar. As a small group of outliers gathered at the door of the establishment to get a scoop on what was happening inside, Huron merely joined them. It was in his nature to do so, gathering little bits of information here and there. People often gave him scorn for his appearance but he still managed to hold himself together as satisfied his interest, this occasion among them. He watched as the self-proclaimed prophet did anything but bumble between guards and make a mess. But between the chuckles and apparent wisdom the big sword-toting blind man toted was a great mystery that only heightened Huron's curiosity.

Huron crossed his arms and stood still as he watched the deviant occurrences unfold, apparently culminating with the prophet offering his hands to be cuffed. Willingly.

What sort of man was this 'prophet'? And what did he prophesy and for whom? As the small crowd outside the bar parted and allowed Kyron to lead the prophet away and towards the guardhouse Huron stared at Klavier intently, finding nothing less than an enigma that asked to be investigated. There was no doubt that Klavier had stirred up some degree of trouble in the establishment, and a more practical person would declare that the job was done and the guard had done its duty, but Huron saw a bigger picture. This man, this prophet, was not a criminal, he was, if anything, a herald of things to come, and Huron devoted himself to seeking out the bigger trouble wherever it was. Ever a gargoyle on the tower, he was in the business of seeing everything and being ever quiet and still when not needed. Now, however, he had to find out more. This big toa needed to be looked at.

The trick, however, was how to go about it. He watched and stood still as the crowd drifted away and Kyron and Klavier spoke and kept walking away.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC:

The conversation lapsed for several minutes, Jikal's eyes moving unseen around the room. He could feel eyes on him, several of them, in fact. His skin crawled, uneasiness causing his unseen eyes to move to those watching him. It was an old habit, left over from the days that the guard was his enemy. From the days he was a wanted man.

Perhaps it was that uneasiness, that unwillingness to remain in one place, that gave him the push he needed to get to the reason he came. "Ms. Drigton, you're probably wondering why I'm here. Especially considering the fact that in this particular village, I'm not exactly well loved. Nor could I come expecting a warm reception, which, incidentally, was surprisingly warmer than what I expected."

"I'm here because I need to apologize." The Vo-Toa stopped, taking a deep breath. "You spent several weeks of your life being put through a living helI, one that you shouldn't have had to endure. And it's my fault that you were there. You offerred to help me, and I was too selfish to protest. I let you try, and I shouldn't have. And you payed the price for my chance at freedom."

"What I'm trying to say, is I'm sorry."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Hey everyone one i wanted to let you know i won't be doing many if any posts on here today for i will be at a doctors appointment today and won't have access to any internet. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Syvra studied the toa he was talking with.

Obviously he is a toa of sonics. But the real question is what position he holds in this horrible koro.

Edited by Vox The Shadow of Reality

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro BarTuara bit the inside of her mouth, just below the lip. For a moment she stood there just sort of bobbing her knee up and down, using the ball of her foot as the hinge between herself and the floor."Yeah I-" Tuara felt a choking sensation in her throat and she brought her fist up to her face to clear. Tuara put both hands on her hips, and looked down a little to the side, "Yeah.You don't have..." Tuara shook her head and looked back up at the Toa, "Thanks. Just..."Tuara shoved forwards, almost slamming into Jikal in a hug. She couldn't say anything, and didn't bother trying. Pulling away rather quickly Tuara just continued chewing on her inner lip and nodding.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

Jikal blinked once, blue eyes vanishing and reappearing in the span of an instant. The whole situation wasn't shaping up anything like he had suspected it would have, and he wasn't sure how to respond. He was speechless, but for different reasons.

"Um, well, you'll probably be glad to know that he's gone." Awkwardly, he tapped the side of his head. "Vanished along with the Mark. It's almost too quiet in here now."

Another silence. "... Times like this I swear my Mark took my conversation skills with it when it left..."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Jotham walked in silence as he made his way back to the inn he'd been staying, emptying his mind of the day's events as he went. As such, he wasn't quite sure how long it took him to get there - probably a few minutes, though it could just have easily been an hour. With no sense of urgency, he climbed the stairs, focusing only on placing his foot on the next step. Moments later he was at his room. Wasn't much too the place - a bed, a small table. Two chairs. He loosened his scabbard, leaning it against the wall, and did the same with the sheathes of his knives. Almost mechanically, he crossed the few steps to one of the chairs and sat.Only now did he allow his mind to begin to fill again. It was clear that a long, introspective end-of-season post was imminent.

Q2TtLEz.png

Syvra idly imagined what this Tavern would look like covered in vines

OOC: Sorry about being gone today but it was not able to be avoided

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Syvra sighed a bit before retracting his hand and placing it at his side. He looked down at his hands for a bit before summoning a vine to wrap around his finger.

One day all of Mata-Nui is going to be strangled by plants.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Syvra looked at Ryzen when he sat next to him and sighed a bit

"Well i am having a conversation here. So maybe after i am done."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu