Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Baranx

"Someone needed help?"

Among the many tall and powerful warriors that stood together planning the city's defense, one could now see what appeared to be a simple Po-Matoran. Just another brave soul who had decided to step up and fight for the greater good.

Baranx couldn't agree more.

"Name's Baranx, Archer and Ta-Koro Guard contractor. If anything needs to be hit from a distance of 30 bios, I'm your man"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: The Toa of Sonics nodded to the newcomer before raising his voice so that everyone could hear him.

"I'm going to divide you up into squads so I need everyone to tell me their name and powers or abilities. These will be the groups that you carry out your objectives in so I need to know who to put with who."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Stralix)

"There's plenty more where that came from," Stralix said, nodding. "And there's a furnace in my workshop. We could move there, to plan and such. And I can have a rummage through my stock."

The Skakdi had an intelligent, composed voice - unusual for his species, though a hint of cynicism from time to time did betray his Skakdi blood. That and his propensity for causing explosions.

"I'm an inventor, in case you couldn't tell," he said. "I've got a loooot of useful tech lying around."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Butra, "Avalanche", and Baranx

"Butra. Ve-Toa, Kanohi Akaku. Fast and Agile, with a tendency to use own body as weapon"

"Avalanche. Po-Toa, Kanohi Kualsi. Experienced fighter and athlete"

"Baranx. Archer, no Kanohi, obviously. Possesses reasonable melee skills as well, due to my natural strength"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro Gates"What are you doing?!"Tuara shoved through the crowd, having caught sight of the creatures that caused the gut-wrenching noise. She had never seen one herself, but she had heard stories from those that had. Descriptions. Usually bloody and dark, filled with death and destruction. To her, it didn't matter what she was or how many people were willing to fight. They needed to ensure they weren't going to reach the Matoran. At least not without some difficulty, or at the very least, slight inconveniences, "Close the gates!"Mata-Nui.You can say that again.The ex-Deputy pushed herself into view, having wedged her way through the crowd, "Close the gates now!" Tuara called out, yelling to the Guardsmen she knew would be in the wench room. It wasn't a matter of rank, it was a matter of common sense. And currently, this should've been the first thing Ta-Koro did in response to this sudden influx of dark creatures. It might've been the fear of such an enemy and the terrible sounds they were making, but it didn't matter. Somebody had to snap them out of it. And fast.Tuara had pushed the advance on the winches, but stopped when she heard the sounds of compressed steam and chains clanking. The bridge was being taken down, and the iron bars began to lower.She stood staring at the army at their door step as the gates of her home slammed shut, distorting her view with the iron bars.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC:

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: The Toa of Sonics nodded to the newcomer before raising his voice so that everyone could hear him.

"I'm going to divide you up into squads so I need everyone to tell me their name and powers or abilities. These will be the groups that you carry out your objectives in so I need to know who to put with who."

IC:

"Did somebody say 'name'?"

Hau stood before the De-Toa, arms folded across his long scarf as it swayed against his chest. His ray-bans sat proudly across his jaunty kanohi. Behind him was dug a long set of twin gouges in the ground and a section of the crowd made dazed and disparate.

Using a Kakama tended to have that effect on things.

"Hau Hero, Lightning Lord of the Lava Lands, Muscled Master Musician of Magnanimosity, and Screwer," He said with a grin, "Of Your Mom. Howdy-freaking-do, Ta-Koro? We got a hunk of rock to save."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu simply looked over at the gathered crowd and smirked. He looked up at loren and offered a genuine smile

"I'm only here because i got payed to help."

It was now that he saw the other skakdi with the goggles on his head. He spoke directly at him

"Well perhaps you could be of some assistance. Feel like teaming up to use our elemental powers together? That may hold off them for a bit."

He did not seem to find comfort in his own idea but it was the only one he had.

OOC: That was targeted at you Stralix

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Lumira of the Seas, at your service as well!"

My entrance probably wasn't as flashy or eye-catching as Hau's -- that much is certain -- but still, landing with your feet flat on the ground from the top of the closest building is a pretty big feat for me.

Black ash was smeared on my face and my gleaming tanto knife was still tight in my grasp, trailing a thin white scratch across the cobblestone street. My face was set in a dead-determined expression, one that said If I'm going to Karz, I'm gonna bring the rest of these Makuta-spawn suckers down with me.

I may not have been a hero, but I was still gonna make sure that the Dark One could only hope for a pyrrhic victory today.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Sorry for keeping you waiting JL.

IC: (Tarotrix/Near Gate/Ta-Koro)

"Okay, you're demoted," Tarotrix said quickly. "It's the extra assistance you'll give me that helps. Get the civilians indoors, preferably above ground. Tell them to barricade as many doors and windows as they can. If anyone volunteers to help, send them here. My fellow officers will find a way for them to help. Once you are done, return to the gates and join the other guards. Good luck soldier."

He left JL to do his job. Flanked by four guards of lesser rank, did a quick inspection of the infantry near the gate. Four squads in front, ready to be the first in action in case of a Rahkshi breach. Many others were rushing upwards to the walls. All seemed well, except for the fact that the Onu-Koro gate was wide open.

He set out to find someone to secure it.

He and his men found them, a group of Matoran and Toa, brainstorming idea a little ways away. He immediately straightened himself up, and made himself look more like the officer he was, more leaderly.

"I hope you don't mind me intruding, but this is First Lieutenant Tarotrix of the Ta-Koro Guard," he said, calmly. "I ask you all to please tell me what you are doing to protect this city."

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

OOC: The Onu-koro tunnel was never demolished. Charges were planted so that it could be closed off if the need arose. Normally I would not mind but, would you mind retconning that bit? We kinda need that open.

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: Loren turned as the other Guardsman walked up, saluting before replying, "Lieutenant Loren, I'm here organizing the levies to serve as a reserve and special task force for the defense."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Retconned.

IC: (Tarotrix/Ta-Koro)

"That's very good, Lieutenant. But I have to ask, where will the special forces be deployed?" Tarotrix asked. "Because the front gate is currently getting filled with guards, and will likely be secured within a half-hour. The area I'm most concerned with is the Onu-Koro Gate. How many men are stationed there?"

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Erif blushed too. "Sorry, I just thought I'd make sure you were feeling better."The Ta-Matoran sat on the foot of her bed. "Nightmares. The biggest proof that your past lives with you."He shuddered. "Do you want to talk about it?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: "They will be used to fill any holes in the defenses that appear, as well as undertaking any counterstrikes that may be deemed appropriate. I have not yet stationed any men at the Onu-koro tunnel since I was busy getting the walls ready and organizing this group. I find that levies do not make for very good guards, hence the position as a reserve and strike force."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Loren- Ta-wahi

IC: "Total enemy numbers and disposition are unknown. It is entirely possible that an enemy force could be making their way through the tunnels. However, they are too valuable to risk losing so we can't just blow them up."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Late, but....Axeron's still beside Butra.

IC: Axeron - Flay - JL

"My name is Axeron. I am me." Axeron said beside the group that had gathered only seconds ago.

"Flay, Commander of Special Operations team designate 'Renouncers'. We can split up; some of us could help with the defenses while others help the citizens to get inside, keep them safe, and spread the word." Flay said to Tarotrix. She turned to her team, who stood beside her except for Baranx, who had wandered a little where else. She gestured, and it was obvious she meant for them to introduce themselves...and more importantly, tell them what they could help with.

"Sure....."

Nice job. You, doing community service? Pfft. You'd probably end up accidentally killing someone.

Come on Reyna, this is serious.

Yeah, I know. Still, pretty funny. In any case, I'm already mapping the area out with the Arthron's power. Most of the matoran are already indoors.

Well then all I have to do is this!

JL ran through a full street, all he did being to shout the words, "STAY INDOORS AND BARRICADE THE DOORS!"

That felt awkwaaaaard.

I heard alllllll of what you said. Hehe.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC-Grochi:

"Miss...Tuara, correct?" the Toa of Plasma said, catching the woman's attention. "The bridge would actually be rather advantageous to have up at the moment, or our catapults and ballistae will have trouble if they decide to fly in. Would you like me to explain the plan I'd drawn up to you?"

At least Grochi had a small amount of politeness and tact.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro GatesTuara turned to him, keeping her voice rather low as if speaking too loud would bring the beasts to advance, "If your plan includes setting out a doormat for some of the most notorious enemies of ours, I'll save you the time. It's a bad plan."Grochi shook his head at that comment, resisting the urge to roll his eyes in irritation. Bad idea to annoy the person in charge."You're forgetting a part of the plan, however. A rather important part, and one I think you'd like quite a bit," he finished, a bit of a smirk trying to tug at the corners of his lips."Convince me then, and quickly."Grochi nodded, still resisting the smirk. For the moment."Why, miss Tuara, we're ripping that very same doormat out from under them...and all but a few of them are quite likely to drown in lava once we've done so."Tuara bit her lip, hushing her voice even further to prevent many others from hearing as well, "Look, those gates being closed isn't for them," she pointed to the shells outside, "and they aren't for us," she put a hand to her chest.She pointed to her right, to the village, "It's for them. Last thing we need is people panicking."The Toa of fire glanced carefully at the creatures, before looking back to Grochi. She quickly looked back, gazing at them."Why aren't they moving.""Because they haven't received a command to attack yet...but make no doubt, they will, soon. And first they will march, a few flying in to attack us." He stopped, his gaze drawing to the solitary creatures farther out."And if they never do, then we need only wait until they are released from their master's will...and they shall attack us then." He shook his head for a moment, clearing his thoughts before he spoke."Now, though, I think what the Matoran, the villagers, what they need the most...is evidence that we have a plan, and that we're working together...not that we're holing ourselves up and hoping to outlast some sort of siege. You know the Ta-Matoran as well as I do, if not better; they're fighters."To them, the best defence is a good offence. And if we show we think the same way, they'll follow us whole-heartedly, and that will truly make our work easier. So, Miss Tuara, if you will be seated (and remove that pompous Leftenant from my presence before I decide to attack him), then I will begin to explain it all to you."Tuara looked down, gnawing at the inside of her cheek."Alright. Walk and talk with me," Tuara motioned with her hand, already briskly stepping off, speedwalking. Her own home was less than a block away.Maybe it was time to put that contraband to good use.Or at least be prepared to."Very good," the elder Toa of Plasma remarked, following along at a brisk pace of his own, his hands at his sides - his rapier, thankfully, sheathed again."First, we wait for the first few to cross the halfway mark of the bridge. That will give us time enough that, when we drop it, the majority of them shall fall into the lava lake, burning up; any that manage to start flying, we throw grapeshot on from the catapults, to knock them back in. Are you following?"At a nod from Tuara, he continued:"Sorry, old habit. Anyways, the few that decide to start flying in at us, from above, we shall fire upon to knock them out/kill them with the disk launchers, catapults, and ballistae that we still have, whilst raising the bridge again; we shall send a vanguard force of volunteer Toa of Iron, Magnetism, and Gravity to rend the Rahkshi that are still out there, and keep them occupied, as the guards who are left lead the Matoran to the beach. I do believe there are a few ships still docked, correct?"Tuara nearly kicked open the door to her house, letting it swing wildly into the wall. She ran to the supply closet and threw that open too.She reached in, gripping a bag.Tuara pulled it out and started for the door again. Upon reaching the street she started to rummage through the bag, picking out the things Joske Nimil had stolen. First thing that started to be put on were the bracers as she started walking again."Last I heard there were some boats. But where are we going to go? There's too much overfill to put into the other Koros, assuming they'd even be alright with taking us in."She hit her closed fists together, the protosteel clashing; sparks flying wildly."Assuming the exact thing isn't happening to them too."Tuara slowed her pace, and sort of skipped as she put the shin guards and boot attachments onto each respective leg and foot."There are places. Farther North, in the deserts of Po-Wahi...in Ko-Wahi's wastes, in Le-Wahi's jungle. We can hide as we need...and whoever wishes to volunteer can come and help storm Kini-Nui, like in the old stories. Because make no mistake, there has to be somebody down there, to prompt Makuta to do this...he wouldn't do this willy-nilly." The Toa of Plasma turned again, looking out to the Rahkshi far off, frowning."I give us about three hours to make final our preparations. We haven't long to prepare, and never have we had such an impetus to ready for battle...We must move quickly. So now I need to know, Tuara, will you follow with my plan, or have you another, better, in mind?"Tuara skittered the toes of her new boots on the stone ground as she walked, more sparks flipping about. They fit rather well. It was good things Joske and her were similar size. "What makes you think that there's somebody down there?" Last, she reached into the bag, pulling out a thin protosteel rod, rather short in length. "If there is then perhaps you're right, and this is an act of final vengeance. Maybe he does just want us all dead."She tossed the burlap sack aside and clicked the stick, causing it to extend fully. Drigton recalled that Joske had caused it to glow red-hot before effortlessly running it through a small boulder. "Unless of course Makuta has been put into a position he'd rather not to be in, holding the beasts at the gates of Ta-Koro in response; still not attacking."If you ask me Tuara, this is how I would threaten an intruder.Her eyes lit up.Joske!That was the plan right? Help six Matoran out by opening some secret passage? A secret passage could be rather broad, but a secret passage for secret Matoran at the center of the island; the same place the Mata were said to have been last seen...And the light! She had seen it! The middle of Mata-Nui, shining brighter than the sun.Dren, what if it's Joske?!Then it's time to pray to the gods that Hotshot is gonna pull off whatever it was he planned. Because right now, things are not looking so good.Were the situation not so dire, the ex-Guardswoman would've beamed widely.She spun the staff carefully, clicking it again to make it smaller as she and Grochi continued, their pace suddenly quickened, "I will help you with your plan in any way I can," they were almost to the gate now. "But with caution. We must not invite them to take action," she looked Grochi in the eye, her head tilting down a little so her eyes angled upwards at him. A pointed finger, "Do you understand me.""Tuara, I'm a former criminal and Makuta worshipper looking to make up for his older, evil ways with a method that doesn't require life in prison. You think I would deliberately provoke them?"Tuara smirked, reaching the iron gates, all suited up, in addition to the blades and returning throwing disk on her back that she usually held, "I knew you were smart," she finished smiling as she turned to look outside the gates, catching the eye of something she was not expecting, or wanting to see. Not ever, but especially now.

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Veros and Crimeia from Ga-Koro

IC: Veros

Crimeia and I stepped through the gates of Ta-Koro. My old house wasn't too far from the gates. It always made getting up on the rooftops for some free-running a lot easier. Although I was in the warmth of Ta-Koro, I was shivering. I couldn't understand why. I wasn't cold. How could anyone be cold in Ta-Koro?

Crim grabbed my shoulder. "You okay?" she asked quietly.

I nodded, even though I knew I was lying. "I'm fine."

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Yeah, BZPTIme. I've been out of the loop for a bit now.

"I'm sure she'll catch up," Crim said. "I can wait for her. I've been to Veros's house plenty of times."

I nodded. "I need some time to get my equipment ready anyways." I started off to my house, leaving Crimeia to wait for Natalia.

Edited by AlchemistMayCry

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Pehu, Ruaho, Riro, Naki and Piha): The third heavy infantry squadron of the Ta-koro guard was positioned close behind the gates, with Naki and Piha standing tall on either side of the Matoran. They had all been quickly pulled from whatever else they had been doing by the sound of alarms going off all over the village, and mobilised for battle along with the rest of the guard. Now, all there was to do was wait, either for more orders or for the Rahkshi to make a move.

"Any sign of movement?" Ruaho asked quietly. The gates were closed in front of them now, so the only one who could see the Rahkshi was Naki.

"None" replied the toa of stone, peering through the gates with his akaku. "But I'll let you know when I see anything".

ppg2.png

IC: Crimeia

"Who are we to judge?" I replied quietly. "It's his decision to fight. You may not like it, but he feels that he needs to do it." I shook my head. "And to be honest, I don't think I'd want Fuse to be running around the island. There's plenty of chaos as is." I shifted anxiously. "So I heard something a while back when I was traveling around. Some sort of mess happened in Ko-Koro. Something about a fight that involved a Toa of Plasma. Was it Ver?"

It didn't take long to reach my house. It seemed so small for just one floor and a basement. I unlocked the door and entered, sending out pulses of plasma to light the torches in the kitchen that doubled as a living room. Everything was coated with a fine layer of dust. To be expected. I haven't been here for quite some time. I wandered into the bedroom. The bed was a mess, like how I left it last. I shook out the blanket, sending up a cloud of dust before dropping on the bed. Still as comfortable as ever. Exactly what I needed. I closed my eyes and decided to take a brief nap. Rest, then re-equip.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Crimiea

"A terrorist...of course. And you and Ver stopped him?"

I woke up and stretched. It's time. I got out of bed and lifted it up, folding it away into the wall. Where the bed used to be was a trapdoor, not covered in dust like everything else. I unlocked it and descended into the basement, and total darkness. I flicked my hand and several torches lit, revealing my hidden armory. It was a simple setup. Three cabinets, one along the wall to my left, one to my right, and one in front. In the center of the room lay a sheathed katana on a pedestal. I ignored the sword and approached the cabinet behind it, opening it to reveal my old duster. It was the same color as my armor, and while worn, didn't have any major damage to it. I removed my poncho and set it aside, putting the duster on in it's place. It still fit perfectly. The various sheathes for knives and other weapons would come in handy. I moved to another cabinet, my blades. Knives of various lengths were attached to racks in the cabinet, along with a spare machete. I pulled knives off, filling my duster's sheathes to the brim with spares. My spare machete I attached to my hip with its brother. I shrugged my staff off and went to the last cabinet, which contained a pair of spare staves. My current staff was battered and worn from use. "You served me well, old friend," I said quietly, and returned it to the cabinet, replacing it with a pristine staff.

I was ready and headed towards the stairs, extinguishing two of the torches with a flick of my hand, but something held me back. I turned and looked back at my old katana. It had a longer blade than most, with a longer handle to compensate for balance. The scabbard was chained to the guard. I remembered when I had left it that way, to keep me from unsheathing it ever again.

Fuse's words rang in my head.

You're not a staff fighter! You deny your weapon it's purpose! It yearns to bathe in the blood of your enemies! And you hold it back, leaving it in some cave to rust!

I reignited the two torches and returned to the katana. I ran my hand over it, brushing off dust before gripping it tightly. I snapped my fingers and that was all it took. A little slice of plasma energy to break the chains keeping it from being used. I unsheathed it, and the crimson blade flashed in the torchlight. I remembered the name of my sword, as it was carved on one side of the blade. On the other side was a short motto.

Ruin. Conflict is Eternal - The Only Truth.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Crimeia

So he really did stop that terrorist, but that Matoran died in the process...I shrugged. "thanks. That's all I needed to know. "

Ruin...that is not the name for you. I formed plasma in my hand and ran it across both sides of the blade. I pulled my hand away and swung the sword, cooling it. It was now bare as it had been all those years ago when I had first forged it. I set it down on the pedestal and pondered. You need a new name. You are no longer Ruin. No longer a sword born of chaos and wild abandon. I was lost in thought. And then it hit me and I heated up my finger and began to carve out the letters onto the blade. I finished the name and flipped the blade over, carving in the new motto. I finished quickly and swung the sword out, letting it cool. The new name and motto were as clear as day.

Absolution. This is my fate. It is my alone to forge.

I swung Absolution quickly and effortlessly, the blade whistling around me at high speed. I stopped and sheathed it, the katana clicking into place. I removed one of my machetes and attached the katana to my hip, where it belonged. I turned and ascended the stairs, extinguishing the torches. I closed the trapdoor and lowered my bed. It would be as if I was never here. I left the bedroom and passed through the kitchen, giving my home one final look. For all I knew, it would be my last. I left the house, locking the door, and started heading back towards Atonal and Crimeia.

I'm ready to end this.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: (Perkahn, Ta-Koro)

Perkahn was midway in nodding to the newcomers and saying, "And I'm Perkahn Highwind, former pirate, trapper, guardsman and unlawfully accused traitor to Ta-Koro," when a sudden thought struck him.

"Nets."

In order not to look as a total moron when everyone turned to look at him, he elaborated on the thought. "Nets. Nets with weights attached to their ends. When the Rahkshi fly, toss nets with attached weights towards them, to drag them down into the lava."

IC: (Perkahn, Ta-Koro)

The Toa of Iron raised an eyebrow at Axeron. Was this guy really so depressingly hopeless as to believe everything relied on special powers? A bit of Perkahn died every time for this sort of people. It's like they were losing their ability to rely on themselves in situations where powers weren't applicable.

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, but those with masks of accuracy aren't exactly the only people with hands. All you would actually need to do would be to shut up and throw. As for heaviest weights being easy to throw... Stralix! Think you might construct something, like, a grenade that reshapes into a net, if we provide you the nets and weights somehow?"

Edited by Eduard Bernstein

IC:

"It's Loren... Right?" Sehrii asked the guardsman. To her, all of these guardsmen looked the same, and she could never remember which ones were which.

"My name is Sehrii Kohath. I control magnetism, and have no qualms with crushing anything that tries to get into this city. Where do you want me to go?"

"I'm Nei," The Ga-Matoran by Flay piped up, "I know Martial arts, and other things involving people."

Edited by Varren Rehn