• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

• Please log in to reply
1294 replies to this topic

#1281 Online NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:43 PM

I think it's already a forgone conclusion for the majority of the community here that Bionicle will be making its long-awaited return. The only thinking we don't actually have is genuine confirmation from Lego itself. This is actually kind of annoying me, to be honest, because I think Lego has an obligation to its community to address these rumours in some way or another.

If the original leaked image really did come from within Lego, then surely they would have done something to stop it from happening again. Except it has happened again. For me, this means that Lego is letting these images be leaked, perhaps to get an idea of what the community response may be. 

Unity... Duty... Destiny... NatoGreavesy  :hehe-sign: 

#1282 Offline MIY

MIY
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 461 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:44 PM

I think it's already a forgone conclusion for the majority of the community here that Bionicle will be making its long-awaited return. The only thinking we don't actually have is genuine confirmation from Lego itself. This is actually kind of annoying me, to be honest, because I think Lego has an obligation to its community to address these rumours in some way or another.

If the original leaked image really did come from within Lego, then surely they would have done something to stop it from happening again. Except it has happened again. For me, this means that Lego is letting these images be leaked, perhaps to get an idea of what the community response may be. 

I think it will be announced with the rest of the new 2015 lines.

Posted Image

It's pronounced Em Eye Why.

#1283 Online NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:45 PM

How long until that happens?

#1284 Offline MIY

MIY
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 461 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:51 PM

Well I remember it being around October when the next year sets are revealed so probably around then, if not a little before due to it being such a big deal.

Posted Image

It's pronounced Em Eye Why.

#1285 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,753 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:56 PM

People make claims like that every time a leak happens, and it's not true at all. The truth is there's not much the LEGO Group can do to prevent leaks. The LEGO Group needs to send images to business partners, external contractors, and retailers in order to launch any new product. So yes, the images are being intentionally released — but they're not supposed to be released to the public.

That only happens when one of those contractors, business partners, or retailers happens to have an employee with ties to the LEGO fan community and shares the image with them. And unless the employee who broke their non-disclosure agreement and showed the image to the public can be identified, it's not like the LEGO Group or their direct employer can stop them from doing it again.

Could be months. If they wanted it to get a lot of media attention, New York Comic-Con in October would be one possible option for them. Or they could just put a teaser in the November–December magazine like they often have done in the past. Or upload a teaser site like they did back before LEGO Ninjago came out.

There's a good chance we'll get more leaked info long before we get any official info. So the staff are probably going to be busy editing out info that could get the site in trouble for quite a while...

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#1286 Online NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:06 PM

People make claims like that every time a leak happens, and it's not true at all. The truth is there's not much the LEGO Group can do to prevent leaks. The LEGO Group needs to send images to business partners, external contractors, and retailers in order to launch any new product. So yes, the images are being intentionally released — but they're not supposed to be released to the public.

That only happens when one of those contractors, business partners, or retailers happens to have an employee with ties to the LEGO fan community and shares the image with them. And unless the employee who broke their non-disclosure agreement and showed the image to the public can be identified, it's not like the LEGO Group or their direct employer can stop them from doing it again.

Okay, I didn't realise that. I was working under the assumption that all of these images were leaked by the same person. After the first wave of images came out, I remember reading a few posts on this topic from people who claimed they knew the person behind the leaks, so I assumed that Lego must know who they were as well. On the plus side, if there really is nothing Lego can do to stop it from happening, it means that, just like you said, we'll probably be seeing more leaked images before any kind of official announcement. Yay!

Edited by NatoGreavesy, Jul 28 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#1287 Offline ankyfdarkness

ankyfdarkness
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 944 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:26 PM

Seems fairly legit to me. As always, without true confirmation no one can be certain.

I think I'm ready for Bionicle's return, so I'm carefully optimistic.  

silverbladebanner.jpg

#1288 Offline Shadow Destroyer

Shadow Destroyer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,654 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:38 PM

Could be months. If they wanted it to get a lot of media attention, New York Comic-Con in October would be one possible option for them. Or they could just put a teaser in the November–December magazine like they often have done in the past. Or upload a teaser site like they did back before LEGO Ninjago came out.

There's a good chance we'll get more leaked info long before we get any official info. So the staff are probably going to be busy editing out info that could get the site in trouble for quite a while...

I'm assuming the magazine you are talking about is the Lego Club magazine?

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! {Brickshelf Gallery}

Watch me on Youtube! {Link}

#1289 Offline veeder

veeder
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 01:43 AM

Alright, guys. Sorry if I'm being a buzzkill here, but IMO, if Bionicle were to come back, LEGO would maybe probobly mess up pretty badly. You see, back in 2000 (or was it 2001?), LEGO was desperate. Very desperate. But that's what made bionicle great (or at least the first year great). LEGO put so much effort into Bionicle back then to save the company, and I just can't see them doing the same now. I mean, the sets would most likely use the same HF system, and the masks would just fit on like helmets. Now don't get me wrong, I would love Bionicle to come back, but lets face it. Unless LEGO is considering filing for bankruptcy in the near future, we're not gonna get a theme with as much effort put into it.

I was born after Bionicle started, so I couldn't collect the sets. But who says I still can't be a fan?

#1290 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,917 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 02:19 AM

What makes you think a company needs to be desperate to succeed?

Look at Ninjago, Chima and every one of Lego's other good themes. They were good, and I'm sure Lego was turning profits back then.

So why do you think Bionicle would be bad now? Think about it. Now that it's coming back, do you think they want to alienate the most reliable consumers of the toys: the old fans? Of course not. They'll have thought about this long and hard, and would put in just as much, if not more, effort into the new series.

They're a company, and they will do their best not to hurt profits.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.

#1291 Online NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 02:35 AM

What makes you think a company needs to be desperate to succeed?

Look at Ninjago, Chima and every one of Lego's other good themes. They were good, and I'm sure Lego was turning profits back then.

So why do you think Bionicle would be bad now? Think about it. Now that it's coming back, do you think they want to alienate the most reliable consumers of the toys: the old fans? Of course not. They'll have thought about this long and hard, and would put in just as much, if not more, effort into the new series.

They're a company, and they will do their best not to hurt profits.

Yeah, those themes are "good", but I would argue that Bionicle qualified as "great". No other theme that I know of has lasted a decade, and has had such an in-depth, complex and meaningful storyline to it. Bionicle was unique. 

#1292 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,917 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 02:41 AM

I doubt it was because they were desperate, at any rate. They had learned from Slizers, Throwbots, etc. And had good people on the development team that changed in from Voodoo Heads to Bionicle.

At any rate, I really doubt that the desperation was what drove them. It gave them the idea of creating original stories and sets, but it did not directly cause Bionicle.

MTG Dual Colour

#1293 Online NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 02:50 AM

"Desperate men make mistakes", and Bionicle sure wasn't a mistake.

#1294 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,917 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, I never said desperation did. I simply said that Bionicle's greatness was not solely from desperation. I was refuting veeder's point above when he said that it did.

MTG Dual Colour

#1295 Online NatoGreavesy

NatoGreavesy
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 06:44 AM

Yeah, I never said desperation did. I simply said that Bionicle's greatness was not solely from desperation. I was refuting veeder's point above when he said that it did.

Sorry, yeah, I was trying to make a similar point, but I guess it didn't come across so well. What I meant was that because Bionicle did turn out so well, and wasn't a mess like one would normally expect of a rushed, desperate theme, that it wasn't a result of mere desperation. 

6 user(s) are browsing this forum

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

MakutaSardrox123, Pomegranate