• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPower Leaked Content Policy Reminder

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 05:34 AM

It's been a long time since I've had to do this, but here we go: for years BZPower has had a very clear policy regarding leaked and preliminary content. This policy is still in effect. Until we hear something official from LEGO, there is nothing to talk about regarding any purportedly-leaked images which may or may not be real.

View the full article

#2 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 08:30 AM

Glad to see this article up so soon. Hoping this will cut down on the issue of new members creating topics to post/inquire about the leaks.

Come to think of it, we probably haven't had this much of an issue with leaked pics since Bionicle actually ended. I certainly don't remember any Hero Factory leaks getting this much airplay. So I suppose it's no wonder that there are so many members here who aren't aware of BZP's no-leaks policy.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#3 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,548 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 08:55 AM

Nice job telegraphing the existence of possible leaked images, BZP.

Come to think of it, we probably haven't had this much of an issue with leaked pics since Bionicle actually ended. I certainly don't remember any Hero Factory leaks getting this much airplay. So I suppose it's no wonder that there are so many members here who aren't aware of BZP's no-leaks policy.

I don't think people care so much about getting HF info early as they were Bionicle. Bionicle had a story; HF doesn't. If you saw a leaked Bionicle image in 2006 for 2007 sets, you could use those to predict that the Toa would go underwater next year. Would they follow the Mask of Life? What did it mean for Mata Nui? There was a lot more to think about and consider back then than there is with HF now.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Jul 03 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#4 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,215 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 10:24 AM

While I wish that reminders such as these didn't have to be posted, there's a small part of me that just gets excited whenever this kind of news crops up.

sdadcomedy.png

#5 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 11,003 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 10:33 AM

While I wish that reminders such as these didn't have to be posted, there's a small part of me that just gets excited whenever this kind of news crops up.

Not that small for me. :P

-Gata signoff.png

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#6 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,124 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 11:43 AM

If our forums, the blogs, and news email were any indication, most people know about the images already. If you want to look for them yourself, we can't stop you. Just don't post them here.

#7 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,548 posts

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 12:10 PM

If our forums, the blogs, and news email were any indication, most people know about the images already. If you want to look for them yourself, we can't stop you. Just don't post them here.

I understand why you put this reminder up, but all in all it just alerts everyone else to the fact that these images exist, and that they're missing out and should look them up. No big deal, just sort of ironic.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Jul 03 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#8 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 12:33 PM

I understand why you put this reminder up, but all in all it just alerts everyone else to the fact that these images exist, and that they're missing out and should look them up. No big deal, just sort of ironic.

Honestly it's not BZP's problem if people see that leaks exist and decide to seek out the images themselves. BZP isn't obligated to babysit its members and visitors, and what they do outside of BZP is, as always, their own business. But it can make sure that it doesn't share responsibility for the ongoing circulation and hosting of illegally obtained images.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#9 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,548 posts

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 01:02 PM

Honestly it's not BZP's problem if people see that leaks exist and decide to seek out the images themselves. BZP isn't obligated to babysit its members and visitors, and what they do outside of BZP is, as always, their own business. But it can make sure that it doesn't share responsibility for the ongoing circulation and hosting of illegally obtained images.

Geez. I'm not saying that's BZP's job. I'm not saying it should be BZP's should. I just think it's ironic that BZP likes to follow a policy of keeping leaked images out, and they end up letting everyone know that they should start looking for leaked images. The end.

#10 Online Meso Zehvor

Meso Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,828 posts

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 01:18 PM

Gotta say, the mere fact that such a big deal is being made out of leaked images...

...makes me more than a little nostalgic. This hasn't been such a big deal in years. :D

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#11 Online Rokroro

Rokroro
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,395 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 02:04 PM

Gotta say, the mere fact that such a big deal is being made out of leaked images...

...makes me more than a little nostalgic. This hasn't been such a big deal in years. :D

-Mesonak

Everything Bionicle is very nostalgic, is there a reason for this, cause NOTHING from my childhood is more nostalgic than Bionicle, and I was into Bionicle way after I could be called child or whatever. This 'leak' is so good, I can't wait for it to be proven or disproven. 

#12 Offline Underscore

Underscore
  • Armored Protector

• 322 posts

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 02:21 PM

-Mesonak

The most nostalgic part is...waiting on the hype train, and trying to believe that...

Something's happening again!

˙˙˙609ƖƖϛƖㄣ6Ɩϛ69ㄣƖㄣ8ƐƖᄅϛ99ㄣ0ᄅ88ㄣϛ0Ɛϛ0ƐƐƖƖ009Ɛ06ϛᄅ68ㄥ9Ɛㄣ9ƐϛƖㄥƖ60ㄣϛᄅ6ᄅ8ᄅ960ᄅ60ᄅϛƖ88ㄣㄥƖ88ϛϛƖƐ909900ㄥ8ϛㄣᄅㄥ  
  ƐㄥᄅƖㄣƖ6ㄣᄅ09ᄅㄥ09Ɛ6ƐƐƖᄅ8ㄣ99ᄅƐㄣϛㄣ0Ɩ98ㄣƐ09ㄣƐᄅ699ϛ8ㄣ9ϛㄣƖ606Ɩ0ᄅƖㄥᄅϛ9ƖƐ8ㄥ98ㄥƐƐᄅ8ㄣ9ϛㄥㄣ8ᄅƖ9ㄣㄣƐƐ6ϛ99ϛㄥ60Ɩ88ᄅㄣㄣ  
  96Ɩ8Ɛ0Ɛ6ㄣϛ68ㄣ6ᄅᄅ9ㄣㄣ96ϛϛϛ0ƖƖᄅϛ8Ɛ6Ɩ0ㄥᄅ0Ɩㄣ8ᄅ0ϛㄣㄥƖƖƖ8ㄣ8ᄅƖ80ㄣ6ϛƐϛᄅㄥƖƐᄅᄅ8ϛ0ϛϛ609ㄣㄣ8Ɛ60ㄥㄣ990Ɛᄅ8ᄅƐƖϛ9808ㄣƖᄅ8  
  6ㄥ90ㄥƖƖᄅㄣƐϛᄅ8ㄣƐ08ᄅ986680ᄅ98ᄅ90ㄣ9Ɩ8ㄥ0Ɛᄅ6ϛㄣㄣ6ㄣㄥ60ᄅ8ϛ0ƖϛㄥƐ66Ɛ69Ɩㄥ6Ɩㄣ88ᄅ0ϛ6ㄥᄅƐ8ƐƐㄣ9ᄅ9ㄣ8ƐᄅƐ6ㄥ68ϛƐϛ9ᄅ6ϛƖㄣƖ˙

#13 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 554 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 09:36 PM

Can someone explain why such a so strict anti-leak policy exists?

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#14 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,417 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 09:54 PM

Can someone explain why such a so strict anti-leak policy exists?

Does this topic help to explain it further?

Ninjas IN SPACE. Even I can't believe it.

@BZPowerQA.

chopin8199.

#15 Offline The Kumquat Alchemist

The Kumquat Alchemist
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 56 posts

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 10:17 PM

As someone rather out-of-touch with leaks, this was a marvelous way to get me to look for them.

Not criticizing BZP's policy, that's already been discussed.

I, too, find it ironic, and that is all.

Get out of my dreams, Freud!

#16 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 554 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2014 - 08:45 AM

Yeah, thanks, Windrider.

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#17 Offline creation

creation
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 31 posts

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 12:02 PM

Yeah, this is great! Long live ********!

Oh. Well, you know, long live that...

I was Hahli on MakutaFest 2014. I started "Makuta Meso" and was asked to write Eljay fanfic. Read it here: http://www.bzpower.c...non/?hl=+cannon

Workin' on 1:1 Ga-Koro!

#18 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 12:18 PM

Potentially leaked information removed. -B6

Edited by Black Six, Jul 27 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

#19 Offline Sir Kohran

Sir Kohran
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,025 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 12:33 PM

anime phantoka, you shouldn't be describing anything that's in the image. The rules that have been linked to about leaked images state:

"they are not allowed on BZPower, nor is information gained from them."

#20 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 01:40 PM

anime phantoka, you shouldn't be describing anything that's in the image. The rules that have been linked to about leaked images state:

"they are not allowed on BZPower, nor is information gained from them."

Potentially leaked information removed. -B6

Edited by -Windrider-, Jul 27 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

#21 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,417 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 02:23 PM

If an administrator (or any other staff member) edits your post, you should not restore any violating content. Instead, you should PM them if you need to discuss any issues you have with the decision.

Ninjas IN SPACE. Even I can't believe it.

@BZPowerQA.

chopin8199.

#22 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 02:29 PM

If an administrator (or any other staff member) edits your post, you should not restore any violating content. Instead, you should PM them if you need to discuss any issues you have with the decision.

I did not restore any of the violating content. Discussion of leaked information and leaked images are not allowed within the forum. BlackSix even stated nothing is stopping anyone from looking for themselves. All I'm stating is there MAY be new leaked content. I am giving out no details. I am merely stating for users to, once again, look for themselves. This post is in no need of a ban or edit if no leaked content is being described or provided. 

#23 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,124 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 02:37 PM

I did not restore any of the violating content. Discussion of leaked information and leaked images are not allowed within the forum. BlackSix even stated nothing is stopping anyone from looking for themselves. All I'm stating is there MAY be new leaked content. I am giving out no details. I am merely stating for users to, once again, look for themselves. This post is in no need of a ban or edit if no leaked content is being described or provided.

You do not get to decide what counts as leaked content or what should be removed. Your post linked to a website with leaked content (as well as inappropriate content). Linking to leaked content is the same as posting it, so your post was removed.

#24 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 02:42 PM

You do not get to decide what counts as leaked content or what should be removed. Your post linked to a website with leaked content (as well as inappropriate content). Linking to leaked content is the same as posting it, so your post was removed.

My original two posts, yes. The third merely said "look here or search for the images". That was not against policy. No details or information was shown, or posted. If it was within what's "safe" in terms of the policy, then no, I don't believe it should have been. But fine. My apologies for the link and the initial detailed post. I hadn't read the guidlines prior to posting. This post and the one you responded to however, lack reason for edits or deletion. 

#25 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Metru United

• 8,594 posts

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 03:03 PM

Well, I hope we get something official as soon as possible, so that we can discuss together here on BZP. :)

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

#26 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:18 PM

https://community.le...605180/page/374

1406577062189.pngNot sure if this is considered leaked if it's from the Gman himself. Posted the actual url to prove it's not shopped.

#27 Offline Lucina

Lucina
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,304 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:33 PM

1406577062189.pngNot sure if this is considered leaked if it's from the Gman himself. Posted the actual url to prove it's not shopped.

It's probably not considered leaked considering it doesn't actually give any unquestionable verification. For all we know, all he means is they started work on the first issue of the Lego Magazine for 2015.

lucinabanner.png

#28 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:39 PM

It's probably not considered leaked considering it doesn't actually give any unquestionable verification. For all we know, all he means is they started work on the first issue of the Lego Magazine for 2015.

Hopefully they'll let me keep this up. And regardless of what he may have meant, my personal speculations are only solidifying because of this.

#29 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,124 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:27 PM

LEGO has been releasing comics since 2001 when Bionicle started, and they didn't stop when they ended. He could be talking about Chima, Ninjago, or Hero Factory, all of which are lines he has worked on.

#30 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:47 PM

LEGO has been releasing comics since 2001 when Bionicle started, and they didn't stop when they ended. He could be talking about Chima, Ninjago, or Hero Factory, all of which are lines he has worked on.

With the various images floating around currently (the one this topic was initially referring to and the newer one I mentioned)  this leans more toward a, let's say, "new project" in the works. But fine, let users take it as they will.

Edited by anime phantoka, Jul 28 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#31 Offline Kek

Kek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 137 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2014 - 09:22 PM

Type Bionicle in the search bar on the Lego site guys. See what you get. You know this is real.

#32 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,153 posts

Posted Jul 30 2014 - 09:31 PM

Type Bionicle in the search bar on the Lego site guys. See what you get. You know this is real.

True story.

I think that's official, Watson. :) 

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#33 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Tracer

• 13,121 posts

Posted Jul 30 2014 - 11:22 PM

Just gotta say...

I'm actually glad that this place still has the integrity to abide by LEGO's wishes. :) It's fun to talk about, especially after seeing stuff, and all this nostalgia sure is exciting... But it's just so rare anymore to have anyone running a fan website care enough to show true respect for the material. It's such a surprising breath of fresh air.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#34 Offline Mendicant

Mendicant
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 17 posts

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 04:48 PM

BZP's leak policy. The fact you had to post it is exciting! It's been far too long.

-Charting The Red Star- A BIONICLE Series on YouTube

-You're really irritating.

-Does irritating mean "fun"?

#35 Offline Toaborox18

Toaborox18
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 12 posts

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 05:39 PM

I think I'm in love.
I hate Lego.

#36 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,954 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 11:09 PM

It's oddly comforting that this is happening.

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

Want a clan of horse-riding Bio-Nomads? PM me to get your Taajar clan approved!  

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users