BZPower Leaked Content Policy Reminder

It's been a long time since I've had to do this, but here we go: for years BZPower has had a very clear policy regarding leaked and preliminary content. This policy is still in effect. Until we hear something official from LEGO, there is nothing to talk about regarding any purportedly-leaked images which may or may not be real.

View the full article

Glad to see this article up so soon. Hoping this will cut down on the issue of new members creating topics to post/inquire about the leaks.

Come to think of it, we probably haven't had this much of an issue with leaked pics since Bionicle actually ended. I certainly don't remember any Hero Factory leaks getting this much airplay. So I suppose it's no wonder that there are so many members here who aren't aware of BZP's no-leaks policy.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Nice job telegraphing the existence of possible leaked images, BZP.

Come to think of it, we probably haven't had this much of an issue with leaked pics since Bionicle actually ended. I certainly don't remember any Hero Factory leaks getting this much airplay. So I suppose it's no wonder that there are so many members here who aren't aware of BZP's no-leaks policy.

I don't think people care so much about getting HF info early as they were Bionicle. Bionicle had a story; HF doesn't. If you saw a leaked Bionicle image in 2006 for 2007 sets, you could use those to predict that the Toa would go underwater next year. Would they follow the Mask of Life? What did it mean for Mata Nui? There was a lot more to think about and consider back then than there is with HF now.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 3

While I wish that reminders such as these didn't have to be posted, there's a small part of me that just gets excited whenever this kind of news crops up.

Not that small for me. :P

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

If our forums, the blogs, and news email were any indication, most people know about the images already. If you want to look for them yourself, we can't stop you. Just don't post them here.

I understand why you put this reminder up, but all in all it just alerts everyone else to the fact that these images exist, and that they're missing out and should look them up. No big deal, just sort of ironic.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1

If our forums, the blogs, and news email were any indication, most people know about the images already. If you want to look for them yourself, we can't stop you. Just don't post them here.

I understand why you put this reminder up, but all in all it just alerts everyone else to the fact that these images exist, and that they're missing out and should look them up. No big deal, just sort of ironic.

Honestly it's not BZP's problem if people see that leaks exist and decide to seek out the images themselves. BZP isn't obligated to babysit its members and visitors, and what they do outside of BZP is, as always, their own business. But it can make sure that it doesn't share responsibility for the ongoing circulation and hosting of illegally obtained images.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Honestly it's not BZP's problem if people see that leaks exist and decide to seek out the images themselves. BZP isn't obligated to babysit its members and visitors, and what they do outside of BZP is, as always, their own business. But it can make sure that it doesn't share responsibility for the ongoing circulation and hosting of illegally obtained images.

Geez. I'm not saying that's BZP's job. I'm not saying it should be BZP's should. I just think it's ironic that BZP likes to follow a policy of keeping leaked images out, and they end up letting everyone know that they should start looking for leaked images. The end.

• Upvote 1

Gotta say, the mere fact that such a big deal is being made out of leaked images...

...makes me more than a little nostalgic. This hasn't been such a big deal in years. :D

-Mesonak

• Upvote 7

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Gotta say, the mere fact that such a big deal is being made out of leaked images...

...makes me more than a little nostalgic. This hasn't been such a big deal in years. :D

-Mesonak

Everything Bionicle is very nostalgic, is there a reason for this, cause NOTHING from my childhood is more nostalgic than Bionicle, and I was into Bionicle way after I could be called child or whatever. This 'leak' is so good, I can't wait for it to be proven or disproven. 

-Mesonak

The most nostalgic part is...waiting on the hype train, and trying to believe that...

Something's happening again!

2xu8Ptu.png

Can someone explain why such a so strict anti-leak policy exists?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Yeah, thanks, Windrider.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 3 weeks later...

anime phantoka, you shouldn't be describing anything that's in the image. The rules that have been linked to about leaked images state:

"they are not allowed on BZPower, nor is information gained from them."

Potentially leaked information removed. -B6

Edited by -Windrider-
Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

If an administrator (or any other staff member) edits your post, you should not restore any violating content. Instead, you should PM them if you need to discuss any issues you have with the decision.

I did not restore any of the violating content. Discussion of leaked information and leaked images are not allowed within the forum. BlackSix even stated nothing is stopping anyone from looking for themselves. All I'm stating is there MAY be new leaked content. I am giving out no details. I am merely stating for users to, once again, look for themselves. This post is in no need of a ban or edit if no leaked content is being described or provided. 

Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

If an administrator (or any other staff member) edits your post, you should not restore any violating content. Instead, you should PM them if you need to discuss any issues you have with the decision.

I did not restore any of the violating content. Discussion of leaked information and leaked images are not allowed within the forum. BlackSix even stated nothing is stopping anyone from looking for themselves. All I'm stating is there MAY be new leaked content. I am giving out no details. I am merely stating for users to, once again, look for themselves. This post is in no need of a ban or edit if no leaked content is being described or provided.

You do not get to decide what counts as leaked content or what should be removed. Your post linked to a website with leaked content (as well as inappropriate content). Linking to leaked content is the same as posting it, so your post was removed.

You do not get to decide what counts as leaked content or what should be removed. Your post linked to a website with leaked content (as well as inappropriate content). Linking to leaked content is the same as posting it, so your post was removed.

My original two posts, yes. The third merely said "look here or search for the images". That was not against policy. No details or information was shown, or posted. If it was within what's "safe" in terms of the policy, then no, I don't believe it should have been. But fine. My apologies for the link and the initial detailed post. I hadn't read the guidlines prior to posting. This post and the one you responded to however, lack reason for edits or deletion. 

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/374

1406577062189.pngNot sure if this is considered leaked if it's from the Gman himself. Posted the actual url to prove it's not shopped.

It's probably not considered leaked considering it doesn't actually give any unquestionable verification. For all we know, all he means is they started work on the first issue of the Lego Magazine for 2015.

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/374

1406577062189.pngNot sure if this is considered leaked if it's from the Gman himself. Posted the actual url to prove it's not shopped.

It's probably not considered leaked considering it doesn't actually give any unquestionable verification. For all we know, all he means is they started work on the first issue of the Lego Magazine for 2015.

Hopefully they'll let me keep this up. And regardless of what he may have meant, my personal speculations are only solidifying because of this.

LEGO has been releasing comics since 2001 when Bionicle started, and they didn't stop when they ended. He could be talking about Chima, Ninjago, or Hero Factory, all of which are lines he has worked on.

With the various images floating around currently (the one this topic was initially referring to and the newer one I mentioned)  this leans more toward a, let's say, "new project" in the works. But fine, let users take it as they will.

Edited by anime phantoka
  • Upvote 2

Just gotta say...

I'm actually glad that this place still has the integrity to abide by LEGO's wishes. :) It's fun to talk about, especially after seeing stuff, and all this nostalgia sure is exciting... But it's just so rare anymore to have anyone running a fan website care enough to show true respect for the material. It's such a surprising breath of fresh air.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 4 weeks later...