Toa Mangai of the Green's Weapon Poll

Boidoh

A possible counter argument is that, since he's a toa of plantlife and whatnot, he's "closer to nature" than any toa we have previously seen. From what i understand from a google search (my school wifi blocks BS01 for some reason), matoran of plantlife will tend to live in more forested areas. This gives me the impression that, perhaps, they would be a little more inclined to modeling their tools after various aspects of nature, rahi included.

...that being said, not my first vote...

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Good point on the le matoran...You're right, the vast majority of toa tools are of a strictly functional shape. There have been enough exceptions to use as precedent, though. Tahu's fire sword litterally being molded in the shape of a flame and Vakama's disk launcher come to mind.

Hi.

I'd say it would be safe to call phase 1 closed now.

Commence phase 2!

---------------

First, we will begin expanding upon the weapon currently known as the Fikou Weapon. And yes Dorek, I do have a fixation on Fikou.

Some people have suggested that this Fikou weapon should be a Mace. Any other suggestions, or maybe expand how the mace looks and what-not.

Dude. Seriously? You try to shut down the suggestion topic every single day... That's rushing. That's being disrespectful towards your fellow fans, who quite frankly probably know a lot about the story and want to see results, but not ones because one stubborn member is rushing the polls and not taking time to offer the greater span of the community to cast their voice. Not everyone can afford to visit BZP whenever they want.

Also, a Fikou mace? What is a Fikou Mace? A mace out of Fikou? Or is it just a name? Add descriptions next to the weapons that are named and don't inherently make sense, I've given you that idea before.. Cooperate with the rest of us here.

Edited by Archon~
  • Upvote 3

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I think he should be more of a defensive/support kind of fighter, considering he is the team's medic. (Or closest they have to one.) I'd say a wooden shield. Maybe with spikes around the outside of it for fighting? That way, he could use it if he has to protect one of the other injured Toa on the team.

Or it already too late? Because if so, then phase 1 was definitely not long enough...

Edited by Shadow Destroyer
  • Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I think he should be more of a defensive/support kind of fighter, considering he is the team's medic. (Or closest they have to one.) I'd say a wooden shield. Maybe with spikes around the outside of it for fighting? That way, he could use it if he has to protect one of the other injured Toa on the team.

Or it already too late? Because if so, then phase 1 was definitely not long enough...

I'll just put it at the end of the list.

Commence phase 2!

---------------

First, we will begin expanding upon the weapon currently known as the Fikou Weapon. And yes Dorek, I do have a fixation on Fikou.

Some people have suggested that this Fikou weapon should be a Mace. Any other suggestions, or maybe expand how the mace looks and what-not.

Dude. Seriously? You try to shut down the suggestion topic every single day... That's rushing. That's being disrespectful towards your fellow fans, who quite frankly probably know a lot about the story and want to see results, but not ###### ones because one stubborn member is rushing the polls and not taking time to offer the greater span of the community to cast their voice. Not everyone can afford to visit BZP whenever they want.

Also, a Fikou mace? What is a Fikou Mace? A mace out of Fikou? Or is it just a name? Add descriptions next to the weapons that are named and don't inherently make sense, I've given you that idea before.. Cooperate with the rest of us here.

On the first one. I just wanted to get started with the discussion parts. As what I've did with Shadow Destroyer, I still accepted the suggestion. I never stated "NO MORE SUGGESTION WILL BE TAKEN AFTER THIS POINT", I just said that phase 2 will commence. I feel at this point you just want to say the word "rushing" for the fun of it.

That is the point of phase 2. We will throw around ideas for each weapon until we can get a solid description for each. I don't see how much more I can get to co-operating with the community than letting them decide the descriptions rather than me make one up and force it on you to vote.

• Upvote 3

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Wouldn't he technically be able to create any plants he wants to make without seeds?

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Commence phase 2!

---------------

Dude. Seriously? You try to shut down the suggestion topic every single day... That's rushing. That's being disrespectful towards your fellow fans, who quite frankly probably know a lot about the story and want to see results, but not ###### ones because one stubborn member is rushing the polls and not taking time to offer the greater span of the community to cast their voice. Not everyone can afford to visit BZP whenever they want.

On the first one. I just wanted to get started with the discussion parts. As what I've did with Shadow Destroyer, I still accepted the suggestion. I never stated "NO MORE SUGGESTION WILL BE TAKEN AFTER THIS POINT", I just said that phase 2 will commence. I feel at this point you just want to say the word "rushing" for the fun of it.

That is the point of phase 2. We will throw around ideas for each weapon until we can get a solid description for each. I don't see how much more I can get to co-operating with the community than letting them decide the descriptions rather than me make one up and force it on you to vote.

My apologies, from what I understood, I thought that "phase 1" was both making up weapons and creating descriptions for the ones who need a description, because a lot of them are self explanatory, and I thought since you made up the Fikou Mace ( or whatever) thing you'd be so kind to provide a description for it, since that's the only one that really needs any ratification.

Honestly, looking at the rest of the Mangai weapons I see that they don't have a lot of detail which is reasonable, since the characters showed up little to not at all.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

I never made up the Fikou Mace, surprisingly. I just seconded it.

Okay, I'm sorry, it was the "Fikou weapon" then wasn't it? Please enlighten me on what that is.

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

I had nothing to do with any Fikou related weaponry. I worded it as Fikou weapon because I think he suggested either a Fikou Staff or Mace, so I generalized it as a Fikou weapon.

As I have a P.h.D in Fikou, I will bless the world with a wonderful description. Give me some time.

Fikou Mace

I'll just say the Fikou Weapon is a Fikou Mace, since I believe someone else seconded the Mace idea. 

This weapon can be very unique and can adpot some esoteric Fikou information that would otherwise be pointless. This is the best place to implement those. What I suggest for the Fikou Mace to be is a mace, of course, that encompasses the beauty and wonder, yet the ferociety and adaptability of the Fikou. There are many sub-species of Fikou with each having been adapted to a specific environment. What I suggest is to have the Fikou weapon adaptable. The Fikou Mace could change colour and gain a little extra ability depending on location. On land it would be black, as the black Fikou have adapted to underground regions AS WELL as rocky regions, so I assume above ground is rocky. In the desert it would be tan/brown, water would be blue, and so on. It would be more than just a colour change though. The adaptable mace would allow the Toa Mangai of the Green to easily channel his elemental energies to create plants that grow in the area that the mace has adapted to. It would also have a stinger-tail-like thing at the top that would pack some more punch.

It would look like a mace, but Fikou designed. I suppose it can also have an additional power where if the Toa was to use additional elemental energies to power it up, its design would change to that of a Fikou-Nui, becoming larger and more powerful, and would be able to be used offensively and defensively.

Edited by Boidoh

That... is more complicated than any of the other Toa Tools in the saga, to such an extent that it would need its own page on BS01 to contain all the relevant information. An absurdly complicated weapon like that should not be paired with a footnote character. The other confirmed Toa Mangai tools are very simple: greatswords, a scythe, a broadsword. The Green Toa's weapon should be something along those lines.

Please try to keep this in perspective. If you were writing a fanfic starring this Toa, you could feel free to develop a super cool and complicated weapon that fit your heart's desire -- but making up an entirely new and unique weapon for a character we never even saw in storyline media creates a grossly disproportional ratio between information and relevance.

In other words: sheesh, try to tone it down a little. If you're going to pick anything at all, go with a simple suggestion like "Jungle Bow" or "Vine Whip".

• Upvote 6
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Two things:

1) I'm strongly against writing up fancy descriptions. Maybe a slightly long sentence if deemed necessary, but I'd rather all the options be as simple as a descriptive name. The problem with adding too many details for something like this is, if we don't like the exact version that has them, voting becomes trickier. And if no canon art is going to be made, at least the people who want the canon to leave some gaps for interpretation can interpret the basic idea of the weapon more ways (not that they NEED to operate in a gap anyways, but just sayin').

2) I don't personally want anything Fikou related. No offense, Boidoh, and you know I wouldn't mean any, but this is kind of your thing, even if somebody else did suggest that one here. I don't really see why Fikou should be associated with this particular character.

On the other hand, I don't really oppose that either. :shrugs: Nothing wrong with a Bo-Toa who happens to have a thing for Fikou spiders. :shrugs: It would at least be some characterization. But seems more problematic than helpful to get that specific here IMO.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

perhaps this should go about in a different manner...we get broad categories defined, vote for that, and get more specific from there. When i say broad, i mean broad. "Sword" "shield" "wip" "staff", that kinda thing.

EDIT: maybe get the categories from previously existing toa tools even.

Edited by JMSOG
  • Upvote 4

Hi.

Yeah, that... That's going way too far...

And I didn't want to get into it before, but since it was brought up, I do agree that your weird obsession with Fikou shouldn't be influencing the choices here. In fact, anything requiring a description would probably be giving the creator of it too much control.

I liked a simple mace. That was it.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

perhaps this should go about in a different manner...we get broad categories defined, vote for that, and get more specific from there. When i say broad, i mean broad. "Sword" "shield" "wip" "staff", that kinda thing.

EDIT: maybe get the categories from previously existing toa tools even.

I like this idea the most.

That said, I'm now proposing for something like The Thorn from Freedom Wars, which was a spiked whip with three different styles: Offense, for dragging down large enemies, Defense for forming shield thickets, and Healing for supporting allies. (In the game you select the type before each mission)

This is the best option case closed.

Edited by Dorek
  • Upvote 2

I had nothing to do with any Fikou related weaponry. I worded it as Fikou weapon because I think he suggested either a Fikou Staff or Mace, so I generalized it as a Fikou weapon.

As I have a P.h.D in Fikou, I will bless the world with a wonderful description. Give me some time.

Fikou Mace

I'll just say the Fikou Weapon is a Fikou Mace, since I believe someone else seconded the Mace idea.

This weapon can be very unique and can adpot some esoteric Fikou information that would otherwise be pointless. This is the best place to implement those. What I suggest for the Fikou Mace to be is a mace, of course, that encompasses the beauty and wonder, yet the ferociety and adaptability of the Fikou. There are many sub-species of Fikou with each having been adapted to a specific environment. What I suggest is to have the Fikou weapon adaptable. The Fikou Mace could change colour and gain a little extra ability depending on location. On land it would be black, as the black Fikou have adapted to underground regions AS WELL as rocky regions, so I assume above ground is rocky. In the desert it would be tan/brown, water would be blue, and so on. It would be more than just a colour change though. The adaptable mace would allow the Toa Mangai of the Green to easily channel his elemental energies to create plants that grow in the area that the mace has adapted to. It would also have a stinger-tail-like thing at the top that would pack some more punch.

It would look like a mace, but Fikou designed. I suppose it can also have an additional power where if the Toa was to use additional elemental energies to power it up, its design would change to that of a Fikou-Nui, becoming larger and more powerful, and would be able to be used offensively and defensively.

Hahaha I honestly can't tell if you're serious... I mean, sure go ahead and add Fikou Mace to the polls, but I'll be surprised if it gets more than 2-3 votes.

ANYWAY, I HIGHLY suggest that in the poll one question asked:

1. Do you want the weapon to be known?

2. What do you want the weapon to be?

So yeah just thought I should restate that and keep it fresh. I think this should be done for all polls but I guess someone still refuses to do that...

• Upvote 4

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

Perhaps you two could work together on the polls. Right now we have so many polls and polling ideas floating around that I'm not sure what is the best course. None of us are powerless in poll-making department - but I'd rather not see a polling war, if you follow what I mean. 

• Upvote 2

Agree with JM and Arch. Those would both be very good procedures to apply to the Toa Tools, for all of them.

Boidoh, do you agree? If not, let's hash this out now rather than after future things get posted...

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Voting on broad names then getting specific after? Wouldn't that completely eliminate what happened in the first phase of this poll?

I'll agree to the second one, just because it keeps being shoved in my face.

On the whole Fikou Mace thing, I was somewhat joking there, if it wasn't obvious. But I like the idea of a adaptable Fikou weapon. It could be easily described as this. 

Fikou Mace - an adaptable Fikou-styled mace that allows a Toa of the Green to easily channel his elemental energy to create plants of his current environment.

Voting on broad names then getting specific after? Wouldn't that completely eliminate what happened in the first phase of this poll?

Technically this isn't a poll, it's just a collection of ideas at the moment. It can eventually become a poll, but we need to reach some sort of consensus that isn't arbitrary and nonsensical guidelines. As many people expressed, this is a difficult thing to decide on because of the nearly limitless possibilities, so finding a way to first quantify, then qualify, is the best course of action.

I'll agree to the second one, just because it keeps being shoved in my face.

I'm not sure what you're being so defensive about? We're all trying to work together here. Nobody is trying to shove anything in your face. Edited by Dorek
  • Upvote 2

>no stylish black Pinecone Spear

Why?

*ahem*

SECONDED.

What about an acorn hammer? :P

----

I don't think any voting should be done on descriptions. Just... These are the weapon choices, vote on them. If they need descriptions at all, we're writing and decidign too much.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

CATEGORIES OF EXISTING TOA TOOLS:

-Spear

-Scythe

-Broadsword

-Claw

-Mace

-Trident

-Staff

-Flail

-Sword

-Hook

-Axe

-Shield

-Katana

-Blade

-Slicer

-Drill

-Spike

-Greatsword

-Club

-Harpoon

-Crossbow

-Talon

-Warblade

-Cutter

-Saber

-Lance

(Forgive everything I missed/errors, BS01is blocked on my school wifi for some reason)

Add to that the other options talked about:

-Whip

-Mace

-Gloves

-None

-Others-that-I-may-be-forgeting

...and from thus we have a place to start as far as what TYPE of weapon. What from this list can be eliminated from toa of plantlife?

• Upvote 1

Hi.

I'd actually really, really like for this guy to get a tool made out of metal if he is to get one. If it was made of wood he might as well not carry one at all, because he could just make one out of thin air when needed. He'd have to do it often as well, fighting a dragon, I mean. Plus, try hitting through metal armor with a tool made of wood, and try blocking fire with it. A wooden weapon wouldn't do much. He would have to rely on his actual plant control powers.

I find it likely that he'd be carrying either some generic sword/machete, or a projectile launcher of sorts. A Kanoka launcher would give him a decent pool of options, I think.

EDIT: And yes, let us please stick with basic tool names and nothing more.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 1

How about twin sickles? We haven't had any character use a sickle before, and it's fitting that a Toa of the Green would use a tool primarily used for farming.

Sickle as a Toa Tool? No thanks.

Twin Sickles? Yes please.

Obviously just my opinions :)

Edited by Iblis
  • Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Doesn't Matoro Mahri already have twin sickles? Also, not sure what good sickles would do against a dragon - seems fragile, something that he would break in half in like five minutes. 

Also, given the results of the poll to decide on this, I don't think it's happening. 

• Upvote 1

CATEGORIES OF EXISTING TOA TOOLS:

-Spear

-Scythe

-Broadsword

-Claw

-Mace

-Trident

-Staff

-Flail

-Sword

-Hook

-Axe

-Shield

-Katana

-Blade

-Slicer

-Drill

-Spike

-Greatsword

-Club

-Harpoon

-Crossbow

-Talon

-Warblade

-Cutter

-Saber

-Lance

(Forgive everything I missed/errors, BS01is blocked on my school wifi for some reason)

Add to that the other options talked about:

-Whip

-Mace

-Gloves

-None

-Others-that-I-may-be-forgeting

...and from thus we have a place to start as far as what TYPE of weapon. What from this list can be eliminated from toa of plantlife?

I'll just go with this idea... 

• Upvote 2

Who wears the Great Mask of Healing. 

This Toa is basically the Toa of Fan Canonizations. I bet Greg is probably gonna agree for us to vote on its name. :P

I can't wait for that... :P Soon, MOCers who want to build this Toa will have all the info they need to know about him: his mask, his weapon, his name, and who knows what else! :P  :P  :P

I vote for Vine Whip & Bow w. Elemental Arrows, because those make the most sense and look the coolest to me.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Oh and before anyone asks... Greg isn't gonna let us vote on its name... Greg says he will no longer give Mata Nui Island location names to Toa.

• Upvote 4

Boidoh, I doubt this poll should happen as most, and by most I mean majority, of people don't seem to want to find out Toa Mangai weapon.

And the name thing is sad. :/

• Upvote 3

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

I'd actually really, really like for this guy to get a tool made out of metal if he is to get one. If it was made of wood he might as well not carry one at all, because he could just make one out of thin air when needed. He'd have to do it often as well, fighting a dragon, I mean. Plus, try hitting through metal armor with a tool made of wood, and try blocking fire with it. A wooden weapon wouldn't do much. He would have to rely on his actual plant control powers.

These are good points. Although if he uses wooden arrows for the bow idea, doesn't quite work. But maybe the bow itself could be metal. I dunno, all probably getting too specific anyways IMO.