Ninjago Season 5 episode 3 'Versus'

Zeb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74z82DGfNRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxDQVE8rd7U

Spoiler Alert!!! So what did you think of this episode? Well, now we know why Pixal isn't in any of the sets. I wonder where and how the Titanium Dragon is going to show up. Also, the master of gravity was beaten, and now Gravity Hurts. :P

• Upvote 3

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

You know, these people who keep posting Ninjago episodes on BZPower so I don't have to waste time hunting them down myself? I like those people. :)

Anyway, this episode is deep. Very sad and moving - really hammers the point home. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

I now consider COle the most heroic now. He sacrificed his element to save his friend. That's all. He didn't know it would work, like Zane did, it was just a simple 'go on without me'.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Did anybody else notice the second Kai at around 7:33 in the first video?

Obviously Kai can teleport. Or maybe he time-travelled. :P  :P  :P

I think that's indicating that not all three fights happened at the same time. You can see Griffin Turner and Neuro in the background during Kai's fight too, so really it seems that the episode jumped around quite a bit in the fight sequences, messing a little with chronology.

Still, a very fun episode, glad to see the conflict finally reach a resolution between Jay and Cole. Although now I'm curious as to what's going to happen to Cole.

Thanks again for posting the video here!

:music:

Edited by xccj

Great episode! I wish that there had been a little bit more emotion at the part where Cole is dropped, but otherwise everything was great. It's just everyone was pretty chill at the sight of seeing one of their best friends being dropped to have their powers stolen and being sent who-knows-where.

only one issue with putting the episodes up, I can't watch one and two because they get taken down due to copy rights a few day after their put up, so I have no idea what's going on, is the new season in the UK and not the US yet?

No, it's on in Asia. Apparently one of the Asian countries is showing these episodes in English on Cartoon Network.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

only one issue with putting the episodes up, I can't watch one and two because they get taken down due to copy rights a few day after their put up, so I have no idea what's going on, is the new season in the UK and not the US yet?

No, it's on in Asia. Apparently one of the Asian countries is showing these episodes in English on Cartoon Network.

So, their never coming out in the US?

Of course they're coming to the U.S. But they're coming in Februrary. But a lot of us don't want to wait. :P It's quite common for a Lego TV show/special to be released in one country before the other.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Of course they're coming to the U.S. But they're coming in Februrary. But a lot of us don't want to wait. :P It's quite common for a Lego TV show/special to be released in one country before the other.

ok, thanks.:D I'm one of those who don't wanna wait.:P

• 1 month later...

Episode 37 "Versus"

Alternate Title "Super Smash Ninja"

Recap:

So we begin with a prophetic dream (Yes, Zane still has those. Seems like that'd be something to ask a question about.)  It involves snow, ice and a Titanium Dragon set about to be released this year before Pixel wakes him up.  She reminds him he's a nindroid so he go-go gadgets himself out of those chains.

Elsewhere, the ninja are enjoying commissary privileges. Garmadon? Not so much. Jay takes it easy because his bracket challenger (Colossus) was eliminated so he gets a bye. (And he still lowers his guard after the power-stealing, the giant snake, and everything else) *shakes head*.

This round features fights between Quicksilver and Prince of Persia, Dr. Strange and the Ecomancer formerly known as Tom Bombidil, and Jay against Nightcrawler.  the fights take place at different times and different locations but cut like we are to believe they are happening at once. Hence we see Kai watching one battle while fighting another and Dr. Strange and Quicksilver chilling in the back.  Prince of Persia and Tom Bombidill lose. Kai in a pretty decent move that uses his opponent's power against him wins his match.

Chen decides to pull a switcheroo and pits Jay and Cole together. ^dramatic musical sting*  The ninja go to Dr. Strange who is the master of the mind.  As a mind reader, he sets Jay and Cole against each other with their secrets. Lloyd convinces him to read Chen's mind.  He doesn't succeed but reads Shang Tsung's mind and gets a page number and spell out of it.

Jay and Cole come out swinging, but soon the ninja-bros hug it out.  There's a bros before hoes joke in there somewhere. Once the Blue and Black aren't trying to make each other black and blue, Chen sends in some enemy vehicle sets to put the death in death match.  Instead, this makes the ninja work together and put Nya behind them. But someone must win and someone must lose so Cole sacrifices himself and Jay moves on.  Garmadon blathers about friends and knowledge but I wasn't paying attention.

Meanwhile, Nya is driving the wasteland looking for some plot to will have her. A little birdie tells her plots are abundant on an island off to coast, so that's where she's heading.

Review:

The under-card fights were a treat. Not only did we see knew powers, but how characters dealt with their opponent's powers. I really liked how Kai made it through Nightcrawler to grab the blade was clever. I am glad Jay and Cole are back to being buds but honestly this love triangle was so forced and so contrived I can't imagine what the producers thought the payoff would be.  Nya's a lamp by now and all the boys push her off to the side no matter how much she contributes. She's an engineer and a warrior she's still left minding the castle.  The only one worst off than Nya is Pixel. 

Poor Pixel scrapped for this year's toyline. She had a lot of unused potential. If more was made of Zane being a ninja-android she could have been a good counter point in a human vs machine dynamic. Now she's just a voice in Zane's head.  If I were Skylor (nickname: Kitana) I'd look long and hard before dating one of the ninja.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

I was really disappointed with the Master of Gravity. He could have crushed Turner, literally.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

• 2 weeks later...