Is Gen 2 really meant for a younger age?

Onvermel

Bionicle was always meant for kids, it just also catered towards the older fans that originally grew up with it. This unbalanced policy of concern for both sides was one of the reason's why BIONICLE originally fell.

(The following is because somewhere in this topic i saw one, maybe two examples of a theory as to why BIONICLE was originally canceled) And everybody, please do remember that, like the Roman Empire, BIONICLE's first/original continuity did not fall for one reason or another, but a mixture of multiple reasons and variables occurring both on and off from one another and also concurrently as well. (much less complex reasons when compared the Great Empire of Old, but still some complexity at that)

"They super simplified it for younger audiences, because apparently too many names would confuse kids. You gotta wonder how G1 fans survived."

In many cases, by ignoring the story entirely because following it was too much effort. Some of my close friends who collected BIONICLE sets basically didn't bother to keep track of the names or even genders of the characters. Since BIONICLE came back I've been keeping up with a lot of BIONICLE-related tweets on Twitter, and a lot of them basically consist of "I used to love those! I had the red one and the green one that could roll into a ball".

This is super accurate! I literally stopped following the story during 2007 and then stopped buying the sets by summer 2008. The story was too much with too little focus. Sure it lasted a decade, but there was no focus on what was going to happen. THIS TIME they have a 3 year story planned out and they'll likely reveal more as the story continues. As much as we criticize them for being simple, they KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!! I think they're starting off simple to get us to keep asking questions so there's more to reveal as the story unfolds. (Ik, my opinion is lame, Ik)

You need to remember that the story for BIONICLE from 2001-2008 was planned ahead, 2001-2005 written in detail (in 2005 the Ignika Arc was being planned out, and I think after 2005, Greg F. started making plans for Spherus Magna and whatnot). That is a lot of story that was planned ahead and kept under wraps. Please don't think that Lego just whipped up stuff as they went along, again a lot of thought went into a huge chunk of it (that is, the story).

EDIT: Dang, what's wrong with some of you guys?! B6 had to take action? My, you guys sure do love tempting the lion/puma, hahaha! :lol:

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I go offline for a couple hours and you have a party that B6 had to break up? I feel so stiffed.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'm still not sure how you figure. The details on the Toa's chests are clearly meant to look organic, and a lot of the Toa's shells are meant to resemble clothes. Gali's lower legs and feet look like boots.

Not really? The details on the new Toa's chests include mechanical details like vents. And while some of the Toa's shells certainly seem designed to evoke human clothing or armor styles, it's not like that's the exclusive domain of non-robotic characters—after all, the "boot-like" armor configuration for Gali was first used on several of the characters in Hero Factory's Breakout wave, most notably Evo.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The post where I quoted Regitnui was in response to the request for who I was responding to with my "Tahu is not a robot" comment. :lookaround:

Long day, guys.

Anyway, not sure what makes Tahu 2015 look like a robot. Tahu 2001 looks somewhat robot-like, but Tahu 2015 looks like a dude with a surfboard. He doesn't look like a robot at all.

From a layman's viewpoint, the Toa look like robots. As did the Hero Factory figures.

I just want to point out that all the characters of 2015 have obviously robotic heads. We don't know if they're robots, or cyborgs, or whatever. Just saying that they look like robots at this point in time.

• Upvote 4

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Maybe it's just my eye or something. They don't look like robots to me. They look like people.

Probably a matter of taste-preference, but not sure which one it is.

They look like Robotic People! /joke

They could be people in mecha exo-suits that allow them to survive in extreme environments, and are airtight enough to allow space travel, or they could be robots who were shot out of a cannon through space like Jules Verne's moon explorers. The point is that ninety percent of people will look at a figure with segmented armour, a mask, and glowing eyes as robotic, no matter the sentience behind the eyes. People in full suits of armour look robotic, robots look robotic.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Maybe it's just my eye or something. They don't look like robots to me. They look like people.

Probably a matter of taste-preference, but not sure which one it is.

They look like Robotic People! /joke

They could be people in mecha exo-suits that allow them to survive in extreme environments, and are airtight enough to allow space travel, or they could be robots who were shot out of a cannon through space like Jules Verne's moon explorers. The point is that ninety percent of people will look at a figure with segmented armour, a mask, and glowing eyes as robotic, no matter the sentience behind the eyes. People in full suits of armour look robotic, robots look robotic.

Don't forget the metal faces, vents in their chests, gears sticking out of their backs, and pistons embedded in their eyestalks and armor!

Obviously, we can't say for sure whether the Toa are entirely robotic at this time, but to an outside observer they'd at least seem like cyborgs/androids. It COULD just be fully organic characters wearing head-to-toe mechanical exoskeletons, but I don't think that would be most people's first impression. If an observer can't tell whether a fictional character is a mechanical person or a person in a mechanical exoskeleton, then they're probably going to assume the simpler of the two options.

Remember, it's not a question of whether they seem more or less robotic than G1 BIONICLE figures, because a person who isn't already a BIONICLE fan probably won't be making that comparison.

• Upvote 1

I'm still not sure how you figure. The details on the Toa's chests are clearly meant to look organic, and a lot of the Toa's shells are meant to resemble clothes. Gali's lower legs and feet look like boots.

Not really? The details on the new Toa's chests include mechanical details like vents. And while some of the Toa's shells certainly seem designed to evoke human clothing or armor styles, it's not like that's the exclusive domain of non-robotic characters—after all, the "boot-like" armor configuration for Gali was first used on several of the characters in Hero Factory's Breakout wave, most notably Evo.

I don't know which of you to agree with here; you both have so many good points that support your view.  :fonz:

In my opinion they might be aiming a little more for the robotic look since some of the characters and CCBS in general reminds me of Asimo: http://asimo.honda.com/

But with my opinion out of it; I have no idea what they were aiming for.  :notsure:

• Upvote 1

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

Well that is the thing about opinions. They are subjective and neither can actually be proven wrong or right. It is like them ink blobs in the crazy Office. What do you see? Would could it be? Really, because that is not what I see. Where one person sees vents possibly for cooling another sees speakers and once more a their sees armor mesh not unlike chainmail. The forth partaker may see it as the internal structure of rotting, rusted, or otherwise damaged flesh. Metallic or otherwise. There is a fifth partaker that says clothing. Gali looks to be wearing boots. Are any of these wrong? I say yes, the next poster will say no. That's why we have head-canons I wager.

Even the original creator could have a change of mind. That's why we have ret-cons yes? The original creator could say... "Yes these are purely Metallic Organic beings. Meaning they are Organic beings with a metallic skin. Thus why they look robotic however they are not in any way robots." Fair enough? Well later they drop a note that says in reality the metallic components are not organic skin but a metal second-skin or exo-skeleton. Much like the Aliens from Independence Day.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I believe the McDonald's Tohunga were labeled 4+ in certain areas. But that's probably because A) they used less and bigger parts, and B) McDonald's toys are supposed to be suitable for kids that young.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water