Is Toa Hagah Norik really that rare?

Hey all, been a while since I've posted a topic!

So I have owned Toa Hagah Norik since Christmas 2005, and for everyone who doesn't know this, Toa Hagah Norik was sold by himself at Kmart here in Australia in 2005, he was not part of a two pack with Iruini here.

I do not own Iruini, I would like to, but I don't.

Anyways, so last week I found an add on Gumtree of a person who lived close to me who had many G1 Bionicle sets for sale for $10 each, one was Norik, so I bought 5 sets off him and picked them up yesterday from him. I bought Norik just for the parts and the other 4 were to complete some holes in my collection. I have always known that Norik was rare and have always kept the Norik I originally owned in perfect condition and he is always on display.

But my question to all you is, did I make a mistake unparting the Norik I purchased yesterday for MOCing or is it not that rare that I shouldn't worry about doing that?

The sets I bought from him were in absolutely perfect condition, and you can tell they haven't been used for years because all the joints creak with movement but I fixed that lol.

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I had no idea he was considered rare. Like many US-store-exclusives, here in the UK he was made available anywhere like any other set :)

• Upvote 1

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Thanks for the replies! I was only wondering this because I saw a thread on here from 2014 called "rarest Bionicle sets" and he was mentioned

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!

To my knowledge Norik was only sold in a two-pack with Iruini in the U.S. (while Iruini himself was also sold on his own). So that'd account for the slightly higher rarity.

But even so, I don't think he's that rare that you should be concerned about taking him apart.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

To my knowledge Norik was only sold in a two-pack with Iruini in the U.S. (while Iruini himself was also sold on his own). So that'd account for the slightly higher rarity.

But even so, I don't think he's that rare that you should be concerned about taking him apart.

Ok awesome thanks, I bought him only for that purpose seeing that I already owned him before I purchased him for parts the other day.

I only saw him in the twin-packs, never solo. So by himself he might be rare.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Yeah, Toa Norik on his own was rare in America. I was only able to find him at Costco packaged with Sidorak. If you bought him used without the packaging, using him for parts probably isn't a bit deal. The really rare parts on him were just the mask and possibly spearhead.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Yea cause if I had resold him, he doesn't go for a ton in Australia and international shipping is off the charts in pricing, 

Here in Australia he was sold solo, at Kmart, (the first and only time I've ever seen America not get something that we got) and I got him for Christmas that year by himself :)

• Upvote 1

I remember I ordered an overpriced Iruini from Europe back is 2005 thinking he wouldn't be released here...and then he was. Then, not wanting to buy a duplicate Iruini, I refused to buy the Walmart 2-pack of him and Norik.

However, LEGO stores sold Norik by himself, and I was able to get him at the LEGO Imagination Center at Dowtown DIsney, Walt Disney World on spring break 2006. I guess it was worth the wait to get him by himself.

I can't recall, was Iruini sold individually at most stores?

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

• 2 weeks later...

The Toa Hagah weren't available at all in Bulgaria (and yet had Bulgarian text on the back), so they're both equally rare to me. I got my Toa Iruini from Italy in 2005 where they were both available separately, but I wanted only Iruini at the time. Big mistake.

To be honest, even though Norik is objectively rarer, I still think Iruini is more valuable as a set, because you can see how the Kanohi Kualsi clearly represents a Nidhiki/Vahki head. Actual effort was put into developing that mask, whereas Toa Norik looks like a very early and obvious sketch of a Toa Dume set that could never have worked as an actual Toa Dume set. Iruini on the other hand, could have easily been a fantastic Toa Nidhiki.

• 4 weeks later...

The Toa Hagah weren't available at all in Bulgaria (and yet had Bulgarian text on the back), so they're both equally rare to me. I got my Toa Iruini from Italy in 2005 where they were both available separately, but I wanted only Iruini at the time. Big mistake.

To be honest, even though Norik is objectively rarer, I still think Iruini is more valuable as a set, because you can see how the Kanohi Kualsi clearly represents a Nidhiki/Vahki head. Actual effort was put into developing that mask, whereas Toa Norik looks like a very early and obvious sketch of a Toa Dume set that could never have worked as an actual Toa Dume set. Iruini on the other hand, could have easily been a fantastic Toa Nidhiki.

I agree that, going by parts, Iruini is more valuable (new Kanohi mold and recolored spearhead) as opposed to Norik (recolored Kanohi and spearhead with no new shape or color), but I think you're being too hard on Norik as a Toa Dume set. It's impossible to say for sure, because both sets must've been changed somewhat after it was decided to make them Rahaga as Toa (like the shields). The only reason I would think Norik wouldn't pass as Toa Dume is the color scheme has silver, which isn't on Dume, but that could go for Nidhiki's silver and Iruini's bronze.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!