Re: the creatures, what would you have done differently?

Kid Icarus

The new forms of the toa and their respective creatures have been out for some time now. Since the designs and functions have had time to grow on us now, I was wondering what you guys would've liked to have seen with them.

For example, I would've liked it better if the unity bonuses went both ways. The toa can gain extra abilities with the creatures, but I think it would've been cool if the creatures could borrow weapons and armour from the toa as well. Like Melum having access to Kopaka's shooter or Ikir borrowing Tahu's shoulder armour. Of course the builds to the creatures would have to be different to accommodate something like that, but you get the gist of it.

Also, when the sets first leaked and we didn't have a full grasp on how they united, I thought that they fully united like a combiner instead of just piggybacking. Which I ironically thought of the protectors as well. With the main concept being unity, I'm still a little disappointed they don't unite like that.

• Upvote 3

The main thing I would've changed if I could (and keep in mind that this was not actually an option for the designers) is that I wish Melum had been larger and more bearlike. That would require the "unity set" to be at a higher price point (maybe $30 instead of $25), but I think that would have been nice so that Melum would have more appeal of his own, instead of being the smallest and least impressive Creature.

I also kind of wish that the Sand Yellow Vorox armor on Ketar had been Silver Metallic like that on Pohatu and Lewa, so that the budget for that recolor could have instead been used to give Kopaka Warm Gold shoulder armor.

Finally, I wish Akida had used two Tr. Light Blue 3x3 Technic wheels in the place of some of the ordinary grey bushings, so that there'd be a place to store that set's extra ammo.

Can't think of any changes other than those. In general I'm pretty happy with the creatures and the unity function.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My only gripe is that while Pohatu's piece of unity is silver, while Ketar's is gunmetal grey. I would prefer Pohatu's to be also gunmetal, but since this topic is about the creatures, I'd live with Ketar's being silver.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I wish Ketar wasn't such a weird build. But I still like the little Scorpion freak.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I wish Ketar wasn't such a weird build. But I still like the little Scorpion freak.

Oi

Watch what you say, or Ketar will flail at you clumsily while wagging his stinger tail that can't actually sting.

Even though I see the obvious faults in his set design, I just love Ketar way too much.

Positive Stone-element Prejudice is real.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I mean, I like all the creatures, and honestly he's more of an oddball really, yet still, he has faults. I still like him thou.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Rubber bands or other methods of making the functions springy.  Sets like Dragon Bolt are so much more fun to fly around because you can just hold them with one hand and flick the trigger with your thumb, whereas Ikir or Uxar require either an extra hand or some really awkward thumb movement.  Same deal with the arm motions of Terak and Melum, they would probably be improved with springiness like the Turaga had.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

1 thing stands out, why are there no jaws on them that could be removable wh not in unity mode.

Also i have a minor gripe about Ikir's wing connection pieces, why are the ball connectors dark grey? Translucent Red or Orange would have been better since i dont think these grey pieces blend in well enough

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

I would have implemented a connection point between the Uniter's masks and the Creature's heads. The whole looseness of the current head connection system is a bit too finnicky and I will admit that I was mildly disappointed when I picked up Kopaka Uniter.

• Upvote 2

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >