Gather round friends for the sad tale of Transairion.Once upon a time Transairion's little sister found his old Gameboy Micro with Ruby, and started a new game (without saving). So guilted/pressured was he he wiped his no-longer-used Ruby save and gave her the whole game to herself (RIP Bumface, the oddest named trainer ever :P). Many annoying days followed and after an exceedingly long period little sister demanded help catching the Regi's. Regice fell to her horribly misleveled Pokemon and was captured, Registeel not far behind. Transairion told his sister he would catch Regirock later, but she tried to do it herself...*sparkle sparkle*Wild Shiny Regirock appeared.Transairion's hopes for actually having a shiny Legendary become realisitc after trying, and failing for weeks and weeks over many Generations softresetting. He took over and tried with all his might to False Swipe it low enough and give it status... but her Pokemon team was just too terrible.Her massively overleveled starter was slain by the Regirock after a few critical hits. She carried no revies or healing items, it would not come back. The rest of the team were horrendously bad and were annilated by the Shiny Regirock."You whited out!"Yes, she found a Shiny Regirock and her team sucked so badly it killed them all. Dreams of my weeks of softresetting in other games not being wasted were crushed. It was gone, forever. Once again my Ruby had cheated me out of the 3rd Shiny it had produced for me... mocking me...Naturally she cried about it (she's only 8), but I'd gotten detached enough from Pokemon that I shed no tears. Not on the outside, at least.So yeah, anyone have a spare 11th movie Regigigas they could loan me? All my Regi's have terrible natures so I want to try and get some better ones in my Platnium, but I need that specific Regigigas to activate their caves (feel kinda cheated they put that in but made it event-only activation).

I have a spare if you want it. I think it came from one of those pokesav files, but it's still got the fateful event marker, so it should activate the events.

its not even the best event. no mewtwo is ever going to run elecball over thunder anyways :/ unless theres another part of the giveaway im not aware of?

Mostly just the fact that it has Psyshock and Aura Sphere way earlier than normal. Other than that, yeah, Electroball isn't particularly special. Event Pokemon are mostly for show =P. They rarely ever do any good nature/moveset matchups. Certainly nothing in Gen V yet. Edited by Dorek

its not even the best event. no mewtwo is ever going to run elecball over thunder anyways :/ unless theres another part of the giveaway im not aware of?

Mostly just the fact that it has Psyshock and Aura Sphere way earlier than normal. Other than that, yeah, Electroball isn't particularly special. Event Pokemon are mostly for show =P. They rarely ever do any good nature/moveset matchups. Certainly nothing in Gen V yet.
You mean Psystrike. :P But yeah, that too isn't very useful, as levelling a Mewtwo to 100 shouldn't be hard at all anyway.Still, I'm always glad for a free Mewtwo. Goes a tiny bit toward compensating for my missing the V-Create Victini. ;_;~B~ Edited by Ballom

Of course, in tons of cases the novelty of the event moves are wasted anyway, as all of the people who hack their perfect competitive Pokemon will just hack them after the fact. For example, I think Wish Chansey was an obscure event back in the 3rd Gen that few actually got, but now everyone can hack a Wish Blissey in B/W. Whee. :bored:~B~

what exactly is so wrong with hacking pokemon into the game, again. *has to restrain self from punching JC*It basically rewards people for doing nothing, when other people will spend hours and hours acheiving the same thing... or less. Breeding more than two IV's onto a Pokemon is pratically impossible... hackers can hack a Pokemon with Max IV's in every single stat. They can also shinyfy everything while we have to wait for luck, breed a bajillion eggs via Masuda Method, or... *shudder*... Pokeradar.That said, it peeves me to no end that there'll be a Shiny Larvitar event. I got my Shiny Larvitar via Pokeradar, and it's Adamant with 31 Att IV's! Come at me freebie-Tars! D:<

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

Event Pokemon are mostly for show =P.

i wouldnt go that far. outside of the legendary beasts last gen that gave raikou aura sphere and unlocked zoroark, we have the v-create giveaways this gen [victini and eventually, rayquaza]
The legendary beasts were one of their few attempts to actually get it right. Most of the time they don't really care about giving you a halfway good pokemon, and just throw stuff at you with a normally unlearnable move to compensate for it being boring otherwise.Also yeah, hacking is silly. It's the same principle as cheating at most things; it's no longer a test of your skill, just how well you can game the system.Also also there's a fair chance we'll never see that shiny Larvitar event anyway (however, if we do, he will be my faaaaaavorite destroyer). We got what, three events last year? Compared to how many in Japan?

I generally refrain from using perfect-IV/hacked Pokemon competitively, although I will occasionally use some of Mat's distro Pokemon in the Battle Tower or for breeding. I don't consider breeding to be a huge task- after all, you can hatch eggs with one hand and do something else on the computer with the other, right? Anyway, I'm not opposed to other people hacking, but I don't do it myself, and if they glitch their game up in the process they'll be getting no sympathy from me.That said, I actually really disagree with the whole concept of IVs in general- if there was one thing I would like to take out of the Pokemon games, it's that. I mean, think about it- IVs mean that some Pokemon are genetically "better", and therefore all-out superior, to other members of their species. I can understand the Natures thing- after all, when you hire somebody for a job, you 'll want someone with a And if you're serious about battling, you are actively encouraged to set up breeding programs designed to produce these perfect individuals, all the while producing dozens of unwanted, "imperfect" individuals that you either release into the wild at Level 1, or leave stranded in a PC Box for the rest of their lives (I guess you could compare it to real-world animal breeders, but even then, the "imperfect" specimens are not always treated humanely). And the worst part is I DO IT. I practise eugenics because of Pokemon. Look what you've done, Gamefreak! It just seems really at odds with the game's message that every Pokemon has the potential to succeed and deserve its Trainer's love.That said, I hatched a really awesome Blitzle the other day Timid nature, Lightningrod, IVs approx 17/29/30/31/3/31 aaand 70 BP Hidden Power Ice. Because I am a TERRIBLE PERSON..

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Also yeah, hacking is silly. It's the same principle as cheating at most things; it's no longer a test of your skill, just how well you can game the system.

I would argue that training Pokemon the legit way isn't a test of skill, either. Just a test of patience and an indicator of how much free time you have.The real skill is deciding how to craft your Pokemon team, and how well you can manage them in battle. So long as all the stats/movesets are legit, I don't really see a problem with game tweaking. *shrug*I don't do it only because I've tried reading guides on how to abuse the RNG but my brain melts after a few paragraphs.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I've tried RNG abusing, and it's definitely a pain in the butt. But yeah, I still call it cheating. It's like placing yourself halfway between the starting point and finishing line and saying "well, if you're faster than me, it's not really cheating". Obviously movesets and how to battle/respond to battling key, but I've still found that stats are a huge part of it.

Also yeah, hacking is silly. It's the same principle as cheating at most things; it's no longer a test of your skill, just how well you can game the system.

I would argue that training Pokemon the legit way isn't a test of skill, either. Just a test of patience and an indicator of how much free time you have.The real skill is deciding how to craft your Pokemon team, and how well you can manage them in battle. So long as all the stats/movesets are legit, I don't really see a problem with game tweaking. *shrug*I don't do it only because I've tried reading guides on how to abuse the RNG but my brain melts after a few paragraphs.
finally, i'm tired of the arrogant 'JC is different he must be evil' pedestal people on this sitesome people mentioned Site with forums removed. -B6 awhile back- how do you know about that website and not be into competetive battling? random matchmaker isn't competetive it's 'k why not let the kids play'. fact is, things like pokemon online have thousands of users in their teens and twenties who focus on battling pokemon and not the 'i wanna catch em all!' fantasy that stopped being fun and started being frustrating the second hoenn came to our gameboys.pokemon is such a deep game that it's frustrating to see so many people appalled by the idea of doing a little digging for gold. Edited by Black Six

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I personally agree to disagree, my hack-happy friend. The way I view things, hacking is wrong, but as long as they don't hack something they give someone else, I won't worry about it. For instance, I got a shiny level 100 Porygon Z over the GTS in trade for a Reshuram I had also gotten over the GTS. I got suspicious about it when I found out that it had a 'Fateful Encounter' mark on it. I looked it up online, and found out that this guy had been pawning off these hacks all over the GTS. I got rid of it immediately, but it bugged me a lot that I couldn't get Reshiram back. That is why I hate GTS abusers and Pokemon hackers.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

pokemon is such a deep game that it's frustrating to see so many people appalled by the idea of doing a little digging for gold.

I know right, competitive battling is way too awesome to ignore. Assuming that's what you're talking about. :P

I personally agree to disagree, my hack-happy friend. The way I view things, hacking is wrong, but as long as they don't hack something they give someone else, I won't worry about it. For instance, I got a shiny level 100 Porygon Z over the GTS in trade for a Reshuram I had also gotten over the GTS. I got suspicious about it when I found out that it had a 'Fateful Encounter' mark on it. I looked it up online, and found out that this guy had been pawning off these hacks all over the GTS. I got rid of it immediately, but it bugged me a lot that I couldn't get Reshiram back. That is why I hate GTS abusers and Pokemon hackers.

That's not really the hack I'm talking about. I guess I'm not even talking about hacks, really.I'm talking about RNG, Random Number Generator (abuse), which is a way to figure out how the game makes Pokemon and use it to your advantage, getting the game to spit out a monster with perfect IVs and the correct nature fairly quickly as opposed to spending months breeding when you could be doing more exciting things, like anything else.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

RNG abusing and pokesav -is- hacking, yes, but the fact is that competetive battling is based off very, very legal things, things authorized by gamefreak. we're not giving haxorus 999 speed and attack, we don't give latios magic guard, we just take the luck and 'k i have nothing better to do with my life so i win' out of creating a team.

I just think that it still puts people on uneven footing, which takes the spirit out of competition. I mean, in the Olympics, you don't put the people who are faster on the inside track, do you?Kind of a moot point, as people will always disagree on the subject.On an unrelated note: Europe and Australia get the DW Lucario promotion for free when America has to buy a whole new game just to get it? That's sickening.

if person A has a statistically perfect team and person B has a statistically person team, the only difference is who is a better player.that is the definition of competitive.and i just noticed i've been spelling competitive wrong this entire time.

That's assuming statistical perfection in each team, which is a fool's dream. That's why athletes of slightly varying skill levels can compete in the same event, just tweaked to fit everyone's needs. The system in pokemon is inherently flawed that way, sadly (I saw the term eugenics get tossed out, which is a whole interesting debate in and of itself). Not that I fault them for it, it definitely makes the game richer for the experience. It also just leads to situations like this.

Black & White 2 is coming this fall?What?(Rushes to complete Pokedex in Gen IV games)

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

Me again...you can guess whats coming next. Still looking for a Speed Boost Sharpedo or a Shadow Tag Litwick (female or decent nature)I can offer:-Ice Punch/Shadow Sneak/Zen Headbutt Gallade (Adamant)-Shiny Adamant Groudon with Fire Punch-Morning Sun Larvestas (same ones from before)-Timid Event Mewtwo-Shiny Adamant Sandshrew

3DS FC: 4038-6111-3088. If anyone's interested in a battle or trade, send me a pm

Name: Link

I'm using a Lightningrod Zebstrika alongside my Gyarados in Doubles. It's great for Gyarados, but Zebstrika isn't a particularly good offensive Pokemon in its own right unless Lightningrod actually activates. When it does, it's amazing (and hilarious), but when it doesn't it's pretty ordinary. Now I'm really hoping they release Lightningrod Zapdos...Of course, the best bit about Lightningrod in the Subway is that the AI is too dumb to figure out that electrocuting Gyarados isn't going to work... so they just keep trying again and again, boosting Zebstrika's Special attack to insane levels in the process.On a side note, which item is better for Zebstrika in Doubles- Air Balloon or Focus Sash?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Focus sash. An Air Balloon would only be effective until it's popped, so any Ground type that knows another type of move is going to put you in trouble. A Focus Sash might help it hang on, even if it was hit by a Ground type move.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Me again...you can guess whats coming next. Still looking for a Speed Boost Sharpedo or a Shadow Tag Litwick (female or decent nature)

Just a heads up, any Litwick with Shadow Tag isn't going to be legit. Just so you know.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

Hello, everyone. It's time for another giveaway!I have been breeding Zorua to get a female, and so far I have no luck. However, Until then, I have decided to give away the Lv.1 Zorua I have breeded. I request a Zekrom or Oblivia Deoxys, but after that, this giveaway becomes free!My friend code is 0175 6206 0130.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone wanna do a battle?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Fun new information on B/W and by that I mean Kyurem is supposed to represent the new "Strongest Dragon Type"- this more or less confirms the 'Kyurem is the shell that Zekrom and Reshiram were each half of' theory. Also, a trailer for the fifteenth movie was released. It looks interesting as far as Pokemon movies go, and will have the Musketeer duo more or less square off against Kyurem which seems to have gone crazy.It'll be fun watching Terrakion do something else, other than make every Pokemon die in two hits.

Yea I know about the kyreum thing and how reshiram and zero are from him, unlike those who skim through the storyAnyone want do battle?

Edited by Watashi Wa

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Try not to double post, si vous pleis. And if you're looking for battles, may I recommend looking into Pokemon Online?Anyways. I started on a FireRed Nuzlocke today, and good god is it frustrating. Not only did Gary just straight up beat my Bulbasaur twice, but the first time he didn't a Rattata crit me into oblivion on the way to Viridian. On my current run, I just lost my Pidgey to a similar scenario. But gwass is pulling through for me [that's literally what I decided to name my Bulbasaur] and let's see if I can have some fun with this. :3

Try not to double post, si vous pleis. And if you're looking for battles, may I recommend looking into Pokemon Online?Anyways. I started on a FireRed Nuzlocke today, and good god is it frustrating. Not only did Gary just straight up beat my Bulbasaur twice, but the first time he didn't a Rattata crit me into oblivion on the way to Viridian. On my current run, I just lost my Pidgey to a similar scenario. But gwass is pulling through for me [that's literally what I decided to name my Bulbasaur] and let's see if I can have some fun with this. :3

Whats Pokemon online?

Okay just did in 10 seconds flat.Anyway looks interesting, but since you download it from the Internet it's seems like I can't trust 100% may contain a virus, and I'm the colpret to accidentally get a virus on a computer.You wanna trade? I'm trying to get a totodile

K whatev