The Official Metal Topic

Laughing Man

After the screamo "debate" on the Over/Underratted bands thread, I'd like to recommend La Dispute's "Wildlife" to anyone who wants to listen to a real screamo album.Heartbreakingly beautiful album.

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm freakin' excited for the new Animals As Leaders album. I downloaded "An Infinite Regression" off of iTunes (they have it for free, check it out), and I've been listening to it a lot since. Tosin Abasi is a god on the guitar. It's already on the way to my house, can't wait.Also, kudos to whoever can recognize my avatar. :)

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.

I just listened to Gojira's The Way of All Flesh. It's pretty awesome, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Meshuggah, post-metal, or brutal progressive metal in general.Also, I don't know if you guys have thought of this, but I think it might be the end of the line for Megadeth. The whole thing with Thirteen's packaging and Vic in a coffin, the band members at his funeral, the clock with all the albums' symbols ending at Thirteen behind the disc, that kind of stuff. Why else would they put all that imagery in there?It'd sad, really, but as they say, all good things must end, and all incredible things must end with a bang. (I added that last part. =P)

Edited by ~Takava Nirhii~

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

thank god, kill it before it gets any worseanyone checked out the new Whitechapel ep? I was surprised by how good the remixes were, i usually hate those. the acoutic version of End of Flesh was really interesting too. of course Section 8 is perfect and Strength Beyond Strength is a good cover, faithful to the original but with the band's own twist so it's not boring.

nhsYE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to Gojira's The Way of All Flesh. It's pretty awesome, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Meshuggah, post-metal, or brutal progressive metal in general.

Oh man, I <3 that album. Gojira is such a fantastic band.If you liked TWoAF, check out the previous album From Mars to Sirius sometime. Not as good, but sill awesome.

I won a pair of signed Gojira drum sticks earlier this year, lol.Also, Opeth is going to be at Wacken Open Air 2012. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Anyone for Volbeat? Been listening to them like crazy since hearing "7 Shots" on the radio last weekend. All their stuff seems to be great,

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

HahahahaaaaaaaaaMy boy Sean works for a music review website and got an advance copy of Vildhjarta's debut album. Sent me a copy and it's one of the best djent albums of the year.

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I don't know if they're really Metal, but I like Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, Slipknot and A Day To Remember. I was just wondering, what other bands are there like these that I could listen to? I'm beginning to get bored of my entire music collection xD.~Argentum~

Edited by ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

I don't know if they're really Metal, but I like Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, Slipknot and A Day To Remember. I was just wondering, what other bands are there like these that I could listen to? I'm beginning to get bored of my entire music collection xD.~Argentum~

Try Lamb of God. They fit the criteria of being mainstream-oriented like your other bands, while also managing to be pretty solid overall.There are a lot better bands in heavier, less mainstream styles, but Lamb of God just seems to me to be the next logical step based on your current tastes.(on that note, who else besides me actually unashamedly digs Lamb of God? I can't even think of an album they've released that I haven't really enjoyed.)

Love Lamb of God and Pantera. Gotta dig that groove.DAT GROOVE! :P

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.

Wowee, Wacken Open Air 2012 is sold out.'s Gonna be a big campsite, with 75,000 metalheads. :P

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

if you like LoG, try Pantera, Exhorder, and Prong

Love 'em, know 'em, like 'em in that order. Groove is one of my favorite subgenres.

Listening to some Project 86 right now. They're metal, right? Or are the hardcore?gads, metal subgenres are just as confusing as electronic subgenres.

Eh, nu-metal at best. I mostly see them labeled post-hardcore, which isn't metal. Edited by Laughin'Man

OK, I need to make a confession, and I think this is the best place to do it. I never thought I'd say this in a million years, but... I'm actually starting to warm up to SOAD and Serj's solo work. After hating on the band/singer for years I'm beginning to love their/his discography, especially Toxicity and Elect the Dead.

R.I.P. Hundreds of Rahkshi, Karzahni (plant), Mavrah, Kodan, Lhikan, Nidhiki, Krekka, Nivawk, Tuyet, Naho, the other seven Toa Mangai, Sidorak, a Toa of Gravity, a Toa of Plasma, a Toa of 'Silence', Reysa, Carapar, Botar, Ihu, Nikila, Jovan, Hydraxon, Morbuzakh, Antroz, Bitil, Krika, Icarax, Mutran, Vamprah, Spiriah, Gorast, Chirox, many Matoran on a southern island, Matoro, Kojol, many Toa of Iron and Magnetism, all of the Toa in a Toa Tower, a winged Dark Hunter, everyone who attacked Artahka, several OOMN members, a Skakdi in the Pit, many Matoran who became statues, Tridax, Jovan's team, Lesovikk's team, Tyrant, a group of Turaga, the Vahki, Certavus, Lein, many Vorox, many Skrall, Guardian, Nocturn, countless Rahi, the Iron tribe, Teridax, Karzahni (person), The Makuta of Stelt, Telluris, Tren Krom ... and good riddance.

Try Lamb of God. They fit the criteria of being mainstream-oriented like your other bands, while also managing to be pretty solid overall.There are a lot better bands in heavier, less mainstream styles, but Lamb of God just seems to me to be the next logical step based on your current tastes.(on that note, who else besides me actually unashamedly digs Lamb of God? I can't even think of an album they've released that I haven't really enjoyed.)
Thanks very much :D.~Argentum~

~ Argentum

OOH THE TOXICITY OF OUR CITY OF OUR CIIIITYYYI liked them in 8th grade. Now, I just don't care for them.

they're still probably the best thing to come out of the nu-metal scene, along with Mudvayne's first albumalso OHMYGOD you guys i'm seeing Born Of Osiris and Veil Of Maya in 3 days i'm going to die of pure happiness #fangirlmoments
nhsYE.jpg

As you can guess, I'm a fan of Napalm Death and grindcore in general. Repulsion, S.O.B., Insect Warfare, Wormrot, Assuck, Terrorizer, Carcass, etc.Not into deathcore, listen to little doom (mostly Electric Wizard, Candlemass, Warning and Warhorse), love some old school death metal (Massacre, Master, Possessed, etc.) and a little black (Taake, Darkthrone, Burzum...)I honestly despise most of the bands people in this thread and in general seem to think is great metal.

I honestly despise most of the bands people in this thread and in general seem to think is great metal.

That's not my problem. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Different people, different tastes.I prefer the more melodic side of metal. Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

The original metal-hardcore fusion has nothing to do with today's "metalcore" like Killswitch Engage.

i think most people here are well aware of this fact. i'm a fan of the older stuff too, Cave In and Converge are god-tier. also way to choose the least relevant band, do people actually care about KSE anymore? most of the kids these days are into stuff like Asking Alexandria and The Devil Wears Prada (who i actually like).also mirin your grindcore taste, Terrorizer and Wormrot are excellent, and Napalm Death and Carcass are classic as well. doom is good, not so much a fan of old school DM though, I've always preferred technical and progressive DM more. also not a huge fan of black metal, but there are some gems there too. Anaal Nathrakh, Dissection and Deathspell Omega are some BM bands that i like.also do you happen to like Pig Destroyer? they're easily my favorite grind group
nhsYE.jpg

The way I see it, there are two kinds of metalcore:Awesome metalcore: Shadows Fall, Killswitch, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, and such.Bad, scene kid metalcore: Asking Alexandria and such. Basically, the bands that actually call themselves screamo. (Which is a terribly inaccurate term if you're referring to metalcore, BTW, don't ever use it except to talk to scene kids)Also, been listening to Meshuggah's re-release of Nothing. It's freaking awesome! Love that album.

My Brickshelf

tessewact.png
Give me strength.