Biocraft: Chronicles

@toacorey: ...? Thank you for your comments, as always, but don't worry, nobody said anything about closing the topic. That's not going to happen. ;)To address the elephant in the room, to be frank and honest, as we have always been with you guys, n the last 15 days since I made my last post addressing the current staus of the project, nothing has changed regarding progress. In order to shed a bit more light on the current situation, i have to enlighten you on several things.1. Filming for the movie is almost completed. The final portions of filming that need to be finished is the current blockade that needs to be overcome.2. Another blockade is the Computer-generated segments of the movie, portions which will be used for fight scenes, or events which can not be completed in standard Minecraft. These CG-portions are few in number, but essential.If you recall, I told you all about some new equipment that our main recorder/Creator of CG-scenes, Varderan, received as a Christmas gift. Specifically, a new computer, that would allow him to devote his time to wrapping up filming, CG scenes, and putting the finishing touches on the movie before finally releasing it to the public. Unfortunately, it has recently come to light that he needs to purchase a certain item for his computer in order to use it for the purposes it's needed for. He has not been able to purchase the item as of yet, and as such, it's impossible for us to progress. It's as simple as that, when you take into account the fact that he is the one that has all of the files in his possession for the Mata Nui map, as well as being the only person that is/will be able to record the movie effectively.Thankfully, there are other things we can do while we wait for the proper time for filming to resume. Finalizing the details for purchasing the dedicated server (for the museum server) is one of them, as well as tying up some loose ends when it comes to voice acting, which you all may be hearing some more about soon depending on how things go. I'll keep you posted.To address the final concern, regarding the recent release of the Minecraft 1.1 update and if it has affected us at all; currently the only thing with the update that poses a potential problem is the changes to terrain generation. Normally, based on the way Minecraft works, you would think changes to the terrain generator would not affect pre-generated terrain. That's how it works. Unfortunately, Ga-Koro was an exception to that rule. At this present time, we ave not been able to confirm if any damage has been done to the maps, but I would think not, and even if damage has been dealt, all it would be is a large number of "hills" in the ground and on mountains, hills which could be easily smoothed out. So I wouldn't worry too much about that. When we know for sure I'll let you all know.At this point it's just a matter of waiting; I wouldn't think it would take too much longer, however. In the meantime, thanks for continuing to follow the project. I'll let you know when new developments occur. ^_^-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

One, even IF Bulik was suggesting that, it's impossible. Fifteen days without a status update from the project leaders (moreso, three days without a post) hardly qualifies as cause for a topic to get closed. Even if the project WAS abandoned, it wouldn't be closed as long as people were actively posting (within the revival rules), or if it was specifically requested to be closed. So no worries. Plus, Bulik just wanted a status update, so I gave him one. He wasn't asking that. :)-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Ok. Wish i could help with project somehow. Doesnt even have to do with the movie just something.

The movie is the project. :)sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

What about museum server?

Just to clear up any misconceptions, the server is a side goal that we have in mind as fan-service to... well, you mainly. But also several other people that are interested in such a thing. But the movie comes first, and even when the movie's completed, the server likely won't be up for a while afterwards.Plus, all it really is is all of the locations from the movie (which you can already see), plus one or two generic Matoran huts. And we're thinking about putting in a small freebuild island next to Mata Nui, but even then, the server will likely only be up for a month...We're still working details out, as you can see. :P-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

well thanks for the status update, now I understand clearer about what is happening.keep up the good work!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

Being an avid Minecraft player, having a fully licensed recording studio in my home, and having a Mac Pro, I would very much enjoy being able to work on this. The only other things I have going on currently are school, my comics, and any other smaller things that might pop up. I do have quite a bit of time besides that, a large portion of which would already be spent playing Minecraft. I am available as a simple background cameo, a small voice role, a cameraman (I need some Mac recording software, however), and to make music. These are just at the front of my mind, I could possibly be available for other roles.I also have Teamspeak, Skype and Hamachi. Do I need anything else?

not autistic

Well, first off, can't thank you enough for volunterring. Really shows that you care about the project, and as such, you have my thanks.You definitely seem to have the necessary talents to be of help to us should we need it. You could definitely be of help to us regarding voicing a minor role, as well as playing a background matoran or something along those lines. As such, now that we know that you're able to do that, we'll be sure to contact you when we need your assistance; sounds like you have everything you would need. :DQuick update on the project; the item that our recorder/editor needs, and the item that has been holding up progress on the movie, has been ordered and should arrive in the coming few days. When it arrives, progress can finally resume. So that's great.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

@Kraahlix: I know, right. Glad to see you're following the project to some extent; didn't know you were all that interested. :P@Kodrak: Yeah, that'd be fine. Whenever you have the time, it'd be appreciated.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Well, first off, can't thank you enough for volunterring. Really shows that you care about the project, and as such, you have my thanks.You definitely seem to have the necessary talents to be of help to us should we need it. You could definitely be of help to us regarding voicing a minor role, as well as playing a background matoran or something along those lines. As such, now that we know that you're able to do that, we'll be sure to contact you when we need your assistance; sounds like you have everything you would need. :biggrin:Quick update on the project; the item that our recorder/editor needs, and the item that has been holding up progress on the movie, has been ordered and should arrive in the coming few days. When it arrives, progress can finally resume. So that's great.-Mesonak

Great to hear it! I'm willing to wait as long as it takes you for this awesome project! I'd offer support if I could, but I don't have time to get on and provide a voice.........

No, we always use the latest version of MC, because any advancement in the game's continued development, be it improved lag compensation, new mobs, etc, always helps us in some form. As such, we like to stay up to date. So 1.1 is fine for the time being. And thanks for sending your info. I'll contact you again when we require your assistance. :D-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Couple of Biocraft updates! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Hah, just an inside joke that sprung up when people started kidding around by by putting pumpkins on during filming, Quite funny. :P-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Wow, that is great for such a vivid update, along with cool screenshots. thanks.

wiat no bronies allowed

a rule I support Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

wiat no bronies allowed

a rule I support
So... you support slightly racism? Good to know -_-Aanyways, I'm glad to hear it'll be out this year... and hopefully the 1.2 update won't screw anything else up considering there's going to be a Jungle biome.But you can use the Ocelots as Muaka. Which'll help.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

wiat no bronies allowed

a rule I support
So...you support slightly racism? Good to know -_-Aanyways, I'm glad to hear it'll be out this year... and hopefully the 1.2 update won't screw anything else up considering there's going to be a Jungle biome.But you can use the Ocelots as Muaka. Which'll help.
Technicly, it's not a race. It could be considered a religon by some, but at least it is a belief.and the jungle biome would work well for le-koro anyways.

Thanks for all your comments, everyone.1. Regarding the Jungle Biome, we initially feared that it would cause harm to Le-Koro in the same vein that Ga-Koro was damaged. And a lesser known fact is that Le-Koro is already complete, and is massive. Likely our biggest constructed location. It was built in MCedit, and unlike Ga-Koro, if it was destroyed... let's just say it won't be the easiest thing to replicate. We haven't tested out the post 1.1 snapshots and how they affect our locations as of yet, due to the fact we prefer to wait for a stable version (I never was a fan of 'pre-releases'), but we will when the time arises.2. Another bit of info regarding the Jungle Biome: due to the fact Le-Koro is already complete and has been for quite a while, despite the fact it would be a lot easier to turn the Jungle into Le-Koro instead of the way we had to do it, we're quite proud of how it turned out, and as such, won't be utilizing the Jungle Biome unless a catastrophe arises.3. Yes, Ocelots would be ideal for Muaka... However we've already got scenes with Muaka featured filmed and finished. As such, it's a little late to use them. However we may yet find a use for them in the movie, and definitely in any future movies we may make.4. The "no bronies" tag was a joke by Eljay. Nothing to concern yourself with, one way or another. ^_^Hoping to have some more to show everyone soon, but thanks for your continued interest and keep it up.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Currently, it is merely specific scenes in certain places. However once the movie's been released, as has been promised, we're going to create several new locations, compile and edit the landscape into one gigantic Mata Nui island and release it to the public as a public server for a month or so.At least, that's the plan. Anything could change. But still.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----